test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Night of the Comet - Reliving the Past

glenntleglenntle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
Is the third part of the mission broken?

After trying it 5 times, after reading the walkthru; I believe it is.

Seems like there are two out comes from bar fight; Bartender Cowering or Standing upright.

Either way bartender says nothing; standing next to and clicking = nothing. :(

Either way I can't blow open the door to free hostages; I have Photon Grenade III, Mortar III and Turrets trying to shoot the door down!

I've drawn the Shrouded Phantasm out into the hallway; he came thru the door and I killed him but still the door doesn't open. :(
Post edited by glenntle on

Comments

• eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    you cleared all the other rooms of dividians first?
  • glenntleglenntle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    yes, All clear, Every time, and re-checked!
  • tinman56tinman56 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I've had this same problem. I just had to redo the mission, and hope i killed everyone as fast as i could.
    ===========
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah... Not the best signiture, but it's my first time using an advanced image editing program, so... woo!
  • kimmerakimmera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It does seem to bug sometimes. The mission will become convinced the bar fight isn't over.

Sometimes it clears on its own but it is usually best to just restart the mission. I've never had it happen twice in a row <knocks wood>
  • juliamateusjuliamateus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Did you double-check the first room? A group spawns in there as part of the room-clearing, it's tripped me up a few times.
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Did you double-check the first room? A group spawns in there as part of the room-clearing, it's tripped me up a few times.

^^ This ;)
    edited June 2012
    I guess the sixth time is the charm. I didn't do anything different. But this time the enemy appeared in ALL the other rooms and the mission continued like the walkthru stated.

I use the Map and really did go back to each of the rooms searching for why the mission wouldn't continue.

Well at best it is buggy. :P
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    You probably missed the group that spawns at the beam-in point after you enter the bar fight. Most people miss that.

After all groups are defeated, you should then be directed to the back room for the boss fight.
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    You probably missed the group that spawns at the beam-in point after you enter the bar fight. Most people miss that.

After all groups are defeated, you should then be directed to the back room for the boss fight.

This happens a lot but it's important to keep moving and clear the Devidians in the bar fight before targeting the patrons or moving on. Otherwise, I think it's possible that you would miss out on getting credit if the Devidians somehow get taken out in the fight itself by NPCs.

I don't think the NPCs deal any direct damage but there may be AoE.

Also, just my inner QA tester, but do you have any kits that do AoE?

I wonder if maybe some kit powers aren't granting kill credit.
    edited June 2012
    eiledon wrote: »
    you cleared all the other rooms of dividians first?
    glenntle wrote: »
    yes, All clear, Every time, and re-checked!
    This happens a lot but it's important to keep moving and clear the Devidians in the bar fight before targeting the patrons or moving on. Otherwise, I think it's possible that you would miss out on getting credit if the Devidians somehow get taken out in the fight itself by NPCs.

I don't think the NPCs deal any direct damage but there may be AoE.

Also, just my inner QA tester, but do you have any kits that do AoE?

I wonder if maybe some kit powers aren't granting kill credit.

This would be the case if I didn't do three things:
    _ 1. I always use the map
    _ 2. I always explore everything on the map, and twice if I can't find something.
    _ _ (only 4 rooms in this mission, well until you break down the door.)
    _ 3. I read the walkthru after the second restart of the mission.
    The server was occasionally laggy, maybe this caused the error? :rolleyes:
  • kbflordkruegkbflordkrueg Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Or..
    Perhaps it's that mission has been fubar'd at the "Stop the Barfight" part since they came out with it...
    Seriously, it has.
    Seems to work best if:
    You don't wait in the beam down room for the 1st group of devidians to come in, charge right in and attempt to kill all the humans and Klingons before you finish all the devidians.
    Even then it will sometimes bug and you can't get past this part.
    You may need to drop and redo, or break team and reform then try again.
    This bugged barfight part has been reported so many times since mission release I can't even count.
    Amazing it still isn't fixed...
    well, not really amazing...more like unbelievable...
    Lord Krueg
    KBF CO
    We are the Dead
    join date Aug 2008
    edited June 2012
    Or..
    Perhaps it's that mission has been fubar'd at the "Stop the Barfight" part since they came out with it...
    Seriously, it has.
    Seems to work best if:
    You don't wait in the beam down room for the 1st group of devidians to come in, charge right in and attempt to kill all the humans and Klingons before you finish all the devidians.
    Even then it will sometimes bug and you can't get past this part.
    You may need to drop and redo, or break team and reform then try again.
    This bugged barfight part has been reported so many times since mission release I can't even count.
    Amazing it still isn't fixed...
    well, not really amazing...more like unbelievable...

I have played this mission 25+ times and never had the bug.

I know the bug exists. But I also expect that Cryptic has had a hard time replicating the bug. It doesn't exist on their slate until they can replicate it and know why it happens.

I think it might be productive to look at the mob AoEs, the way users play, and what weapons and kits they have equipped.

There is something users are doing which triggers this. Doesn't mean that the users are playing wrong. But it's something that users have or do that I don't do and that the QA team isn't doing when they try to replicate the bug.

The QA team doesn't know how you play and until they can replicate how you play, they can't replicate a bug. If they can't replicate it, it will go unfixed FOREVER.
    edited June 2012
    My suspicions are:

Players are using knockback weapons which are knocking Devidians through walls.

The mobs are doing AoE damage, which kills the Devidians if you take longer to complete this section.

Some player weapon or kit (perhaps one that does environmental damage or hits multiple targets) is causing the player not to get kill credit.

The trickier problem might be data corruption at the character level, causing the map to load wonky.

For some players to experience this repeatedly and some players to never experience this says to me that a closer investigation is called for as to what players are doing so as to figure out how to accomodate for the player behavior.
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I've only had this bug a few times considering I've repeated this missions about the same times as Leviathen. Its very inconsistent, and I really think the NPC placement is poorly designed.

I'm actually experiencing a regular bug with the What Lies Beneath mission of this series. When fighting the Dividians and the hologram, I often encounter one Dividian who somehow gets himself stuck in the ceiling fans - becoming practically untargettable; resulting in the mission not being able to complete (even when running away from it, so as to goad it to follow).