What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NOTICE: You must be using a PWE Account to post on the forums + other changes

Comments

• Options
    tadprimetadprime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    While I despise the ad on top there are a number of things with the new forums that are lacking: no capitalization in account names is even more irritating. And worse than that is I can't seem to change the posts per page (I prefer a LOT more than 10). And even that is eclipsed by the fact I haven't found how to change the time setting!
  • Options
    nikkipadennikkipaden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:56 PM.

its at the bottom of the page. thats standard PWE for you, you cant change the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    {UFP} Diplomatic Corps Foreign Officer, Romulan Imperial Guard Officer
  • Options
    tadprimetadprime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    nikkipaden wrote: »
    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:56 PM.

its at the bottom of the page. thats standard PWE for you, you cant change the time.

Yes, but I don't live in that time zone. Most forums have a place in the User CP where you can change that. (And threads per forum page, and posts per thread page)
  • Options
    beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    naevius wrote: »
    Do we really need the huge side bars? Unfortunately the Stylish add-on for Firefox isn't letting me override that.

It's locked to the width of top and bottom bars, as near as I can tell.
    edited June 2012
    How do we change the time zone seems to be a popular question... and where is the report post function?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dec/2008
  • Options
    nikkipadennikkipaden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    obviously youve never seen another PWE fourm. Now that your a Perfect World User, look at the PWI fourm and the Forsaken World fourm or the Blacklight fourm.

uniformity. thats one thing youll find. PWE likes its **** straight
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    {UFP} Diplomatic Corps Foreign Officer, Romulan Imperial Guard Officer
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I have been assimilated. :mad:

I have a question that I have been asking on Facebook and Twitter that seems to be unobserved. Will we, at anytime soon, be required to have a PWE account to log into the game itself? Not that it matters to any of us on the forum now.
  • Options
    greedo42greedo42 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This was said by someone earlier but can't be said enough:

"Okay Brandon, here's issue #1: Every single old thread is posted as an archive, which means that authors can no longer edit existing posts. For those of us with say, stickied help or guide threads that we've been maintaining, this means that every single one of those threads will have to be re-posted and re-stickied so that thread authors can continue to update their posts.

Issue #2: The new Avatar selection (as compared to being able to upload custom avatars in the past) is absolutely terrible, and the homogeneity will make it a lot harder to spot particular users in threads."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]PWE Web Team is bound for Gre'Thor.....:mad:
  • Options
    suricattasuricatta Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    We should all use Borg Avatars to show we've been assimlated, lol
  • Options
    modernevilmodernevil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    scififan78 wrote: »
    I have been assimilated. :mad:

I have a question that I have been asking on Facebook and Twitter that seems to be unobserved. Will we, at anytime soon, be required to have a PWE account to log into the game itself? Not that it matters to any of us on the forum now.

From the "Account Linking FAQ":

What if I don't want to link?

Account linking will soon be non-optional. If you have a Cryptic account and link now, you can claim a special item in Star Trek Online. Also, the sooner you link, the better chance you have of getting your preferred account name and display name.

###

Doesn't really answer you directly, but strongly implies that Cryptic logins are going away from everywhere.
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    suricatta wrote: »
    We should all use Borg Avatars to show we've been assimlated, lol

If they are not going to allow us to upload custom avatars, I want the Gorn insignia.
    modernevil wrote: »
    From the "Account Linking FAQ":

What if I don't want to link?

Account linking will soon be non-optional. If you have a Cryptic account and link now, you can claim a special item in Star Trek Online. Also, the sooner you link, the better chance you have of getting your preferred account name and display name.

###

Doesn't really answer you directly, but strongly implies that Cryptic logins are going away from everywhere.

I agree. That is why I have been trying to get a definitive answer.
  • Options
    greedo42greedo42 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    We are Perfect World. You will be assimilated. Your cryptic accounts will be converted to service ours. Your threads will be absorbed into the collective. You will be given new designations. All drones will be allocated an approved avatar.

Resistance is Useless
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]PWE Web Team is bound for Gre'Thor.....:mad:
  • Options
    beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    scififan78 wrote: »
    If they are not going to allow us to upload custom avatars, I want the Gorn insignia.

I agree with this proposal and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
    edited June 2012
    I'm liking it so far, good job! :)
  • Options
    aeolusdallasaeolusdallas Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hi Captains,

In order to post on the forums, you must be signed in with a PWE Account. You may notice a few other changes, so if you have any questions, post them in here and I will do my best to answer them :smile: Also, if you notice anything strange, please let me know in here and I will pass along your feedback to the web team as it comes in.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I have been in game from the beta on and linked accounts months ago but it says I need to have a level 10character. Is this a bug and when will it be fixed?
  • Options
    gnometasticgnometastic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Last week while checking out the Neverwinter site, I see that I have to make a PWE account to take part in the community. So I do so, with a DnD name that fits the theme. Now today I see that STO now requires me to link to a PWE account. No problem I'll just link the two real quick and I'm done. Now I've lost my name and I'm stuck with a joke DnD name. Ugghh! My annoyance has killed my desire to even log in game.
  • Options
    sc0rpi0besc0rpi0be Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    seeing my name/handle is scorpiobe & not sc0rpi0be whit ZERO's in it, yes I consider the account merching a fail seeing my handle is messed up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    greedo42 wrote: »
    We are Perfect World. You will be assimilated. Your cryptic accounts will be converted to service ours. Your threads will be absorbed into the collective. You will be given new designations. All drones will be allocated an approved avatar.

Resistance is Useless

You helped inspire my new sig.:biggrin:
  • Options
    hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well let's see...

Didn't get my forum handle from my Cryptic account that I've used for years.

My C-Points are GONE 600 CP lost. Now says 0 Zen.

Now I'm hearing people say they're losing their mails in-game. Only have a few hundred doffs and items there... can't wait to roll the dice on that, sure they'll never give them back to me either.

All in all a complete disaster, thanks for warning us ahead of time and great job on the execution.

P.S. I was making this as a throw away handle because I thought I'd either get my Cryptic handle (supposedly reserved for me) or I'd get to choose something.

Nope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aeolusdallasaeolusdallas Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    hatepwe wrote: »
    Well let's see...

Didn't get my forum handle from my Cryptic account that I've used for years.

My C-Points are GONE 600 CP lost. Now says 0 Zen.

Now I'm hearing people say they're losing their mails in-game. Only have a few hundred doffs and items there... can't wait to roll the dice on that, sure they'll never give them back to me either.

All in all a complete disaster, thanks for warning us ahead of time and great job on the execution.

P.S. I was making this as a throw away handle because I thought I'd either get my Cryptic handle (supposedly reserved for me) or I'd get to choose something.

Nope.
    You didn't lose any C-points. Please quit spreading that lie. If you log into the game, you can clearly see that.
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I will try to stay calm. My post relates to signature settings/functions.

This is what I see right now:

500 x 100 px
    Allow Basic BB Code No
    Allow Color BB Code No
    Allow Size BB Code No
    Allow Font BB Code No
    Allow Alignment BB Code No
    Allow List BB Code No
    Allow Link BB Code No
    Allow HTML No
    Allow Image BB Code No
    Allow Code BB Code No
    Allow PHP BB Code No
    Allow HTML BB Code No
    Allow Quote BB Code No
    Allow Smilies Yes
    Can Upload Images for Signature Yes
    Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature Yes

I may be mistaken, but this is what we had before:

500 x 150 px
    Allow Basic BBCode Yes
    Allow Color BBCode Yes
    Allow Size BBCode Yes
    Allow Font BBCode Yes
    Allow Alignment BBCode Yes
    Allow List BBCode Yes
    Allow Link BBCode Yes
    Allow HTML No
    Allow CodeYes
    Allow Code BBCode Yes
    Allow PHP BBCode Yes
    Allow HTML BBCode Yes
    Allow Quote BBCode Yes
    Allow Smilies Yes
    Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature No

Are these settings in error? I ask because it seems extremely punitive if not. When compared to the other signature settings across the various other PW gaming forums, there seems to be no uniform template. Is this a matter for each community to decide what is suitable? Some forums have higher pixel values (500 x 200), some forums allow basic BB code, some do not etc.

However, Jade Dynasty in particular seems to have a more liberal and slightly similar set to our previous set of settings, albeit added GIF support and no alignment.

500 x 200 px
    Allow Basic BB Code Yes
    Allow Color BB Code Yes
    Allow Size BB Code Yes
    Allow Font BB Code No
    Allow Alignment BB Code No
    Allow List BB Code No
    Allow Link BB Code Yes
    Allow HTML No
    Allow Image BB Code Yes
    Allow Code BB Code No
    Allow PHP BB Code No
    Allow HTML BB Code Yes
    Allow Quote BB Code No
    Allow Smilies Yes
    Can Upload Animated GIF for Signature Yes

I quote this by way of giving an example of where fewer restrictions have been placed upon current users of a PW style forum.

Without getting emotive on the matter, could you please clarify if we are likely to see some flexibility on our forum signature settings - on the order of allowing BB code: Color, IMG , URLS, Alignment? Or if this is non-flexible.

If the latter, could I also request some reasoning behind that decision given my aforementioned and quoted inconsistencies across the PW forum network for such settings.

Thank you.

• Options
    controllervrelkcontrollervrelk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Now, to add a few more duplicate cars to this train wreck of a site...

1: doesn't use your in-game STO name or let you use a space or _ and capitals aren't allowed to help make up for it

2: half of the top of my screen is page header
  • Options
    armycadetsarmycadets Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    You didn't have to make the game LOOK ftp. God my eyes are in pain.

Hire a web developer PLEASE.
  • Options
    ranphoniex85ranphoniex85 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    that's about all i can say
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2012
    rjewkes wrote: »
    do i have to wait 1000 days from today to get my 1000 day vet reward now? becuase i allready had over 800 days in man.

No. Your subscribed days are still tracked. I logged in to check my personal account and it shows that I?ve been subscribed for 888 Days. If you are not seeing your day count, please file a support ticket through the link in my signature.
    nynik wrote: »
    Why is BB Code disallowed yet Animated Gifs are?

They shouldn?t be :( They?re also still against the rules (but the rules seem to be missing ><) Mind updating your sig to a non GIF version so we don?t have to remove it? :biggrin:

I?ll also be looking into signature permissions, image sizes, etc. :) I saw and have noted your post later in this thread (well, above this post at the time of writing this)
    ]I get that my forum name is now my PWE name. How do I change that? Is it even possible?

Also, how do I view more posts per page beyond the 10 per page now. I looked and can't seem to find that. I used to have 40 per page (the max) and it was much better.

Please help.

Re: changing your display name, it?s not possible.

I also don?t think you can change the max posts you can see. I will ask the web team about it.
    The signature permissions are heavily restricted right now (including no linking). Is this permanent or is there a fix coming?:

I?ll be looking into which of these we can get set to ?yes? :) Animated GIFs should be ?No?, though. I think I fixed that.
    bludagger wrote: »
    no to mention all my past mail is gone.

Your in-game mail should be there. This mail is no longer available on the forums/ site (at this time -- no ETA on if/ when it will be available again). I apologize for any inconvenience.
    snipe048 wrote: »
    i HAVE to buy Zen now. Which i can't BTW due to the level 10 error.

This should be fixed. Thanks for your patience as we resolved the ?level 10? error.
    eurekamaru wrote: »
    So how long until we need a PWE account to log into the GAME?

I don?t have a date to provide at this time, but per the FAQ about account linking, at some point, will not be optional.
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    What happened to the CPs that were on our account before the switch to PWE? Mine now says 0 Zen?

If you don?t have any Zen, it will show ?0?. You can see your C-Store Point balance in-game.
    meurik wrote: »
    Yo BranFlakes!!!!

Any chance for an official response on the complaints levied in this thread?

Sorry it took me a bit to get through this thread. I?m going through it now and answering what I can.
    daveyny wrote: »
    Hey BranFlakes...

Are we going to ever get the option to adjust the Time-Stamp in the forums again?

I liked having my Actual Time showing, not GMT-8 .

I?d like to be able to get that functionality available. I?ll talk to the web team :) Not 100% sure if possible.
    I have been in game from the beta on and linked accounts months ago but it says I need to have a level 10character. Is this a bug and when will it be fixed?

This should not be an issue anymore. Are you still seeing it?

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Your in-game mail should be there. This mail is no longer available on the forums/ site (at this time -- no ETA on if/ when it will be available again). I apologize for any inconvenience.

Just to let you know, my in game mail is gone as well.

Screenshot of my inbox that I took just now.

As you can see, it's empty. I should have three mails in there. The first one should have two blue BOffs attached to them. The next two should each have 5 Klingon DOffs attached to them. So I'm missing 2 Fed BOffs and 10 KDF DOffs.

Also I don't know if this has anything to do with the forum update, but I'm having a ton of trouble logging into the game itself. When logging in, I instantly lose connection and go back to the log in screen. The log in screen then refuses my password by telling me that it's incorrect. I then have to shut down the game to desktop and relaunch the launcher. When I do, I get another error: http://i.imgur.com/VVdR5.jpg

I have to click "no" several times for it to clear. After that I can get to the character select, but I always have to use the safe log in feature because the game tells me an error occurred while loading my character.

If it helps any, I've had my accounts merged since the beginning. I'm not a newly merged account.

Edit: I should add that the log in issue only popped up today. I had no problems yesterday.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    They shouldn?t be :( They?re also still against the rules (but the rules seem to be missing ><) Mind updating your sig to a non GIF version so we don?t have to remove it? :biggrin:

I?ll also be looking into signature permissions, image sizes, etc. :) I saw and have noted your post later in this thread (well, above this post at the time of writing this)

Thanks Bran.

/good bye gif sig, I will miss thee.

http://i.imgur.com/0tWLM.gif
  • Options
    mailman650mailman650 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well, dispite my reluctance to sign up again, here I am. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    No. Your subscribed days are still tracked. I logged in to check my personal account and it shows that I?ve been subscribed for 888 Days. If you are not seeing your day count, please file a support ticket through the link in my signature.

If you don?t have any Zen, it will show ?0?. You can see your C-Store Point balance in-game.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

What happened to your apostrophes?

That's a general problem are just yours?

Mustrum "The last sentence is also a test, proving that I am smarter than the average bear0" Ridcully
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I facepalmed, Picard style.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
This discussion has been closed.