test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SIGN HERE! Change the Forums Back!

Comments

• jujuthewhale555jujuthewhale555 Member Posts: 0
    edited June 2012
    /signed
    i agree with everything said here i hope they change it back because i love this game.
    im gonna stop playing for a while and check in every now and then til they fix it if they dont ill uninstall it and play something else they could have at least said something about it first
  • brandobarisethosbrandobarisethos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /signed
    why? Oh, Why did I sign up for the Neverwinter forums :frown:

I really wish I could use my sto name: PonFarr24-7
  • bludaggerbludagger Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Also, some culture wouldn't hurt you : go read Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Hegel (and his concept of Anerkennung) or Plato, to understand why even a virtual identity is important to some people. I don't share their love of this community, but at least, I understand and respect their point.

And that Good neighbor is a concept that some miss in their posts.

I outline what should of happen in the main forum for others and just laugh about it myself. Decided yeah.... do I need the silly of all of this?

nah... not worth it.

PEACE! :biggrin:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • angelsilhouetteangelsilhouette Member Posts: 24
    edited June 2012
    I'll sign in hopes they change it back
  • ajstonerajstoner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    macfelly wrote: »
    Those games died very quickly, the customer is not always right. Think of the dumbest change you've ever heard a player think up, then imagine someone listening. Plus happy is subjective, I'm happy in game right now, you obviously not so much... so who's right?
    They didn't die a natural death however. They were raided and eaten up by big corporations who used their vast resources to rig the game in their own favor and prevent fair a competition. And while the customer may not always be right, stockholders are invariably short-sighted, selfish, and wholly unconcerned with quality.

1) I did not go into the game itself, rather the attitude of those producing games in general these days.
    2) I did not imply that these smaller, indapendent game companies were slaves of customer feedback; rather that they were concerned with the feelings of their users.

What you are mounting here is known as a "false front" argument: ignoring what was said, re-stating it in a way that changes its meaning, and then attacking that twisted version of it to discredit the other party without ever addressing the point actually made.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zakhatesyouzakhatesyou Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /signed

You disgust me, PWE.
  • commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It is quite obvious that this forum update was rushed and either
    • Your web team was incapable of transferring the old forum structure
    • Your web team did not run a test to see what would happen when porting the old to the new forum structure
    • Your web team simply did not care about the ramifications

Either way, this reflects quite poorly on PWE and Cryptic in terms of player and consumer regard by producing such a poor quality product, honestly experienced web designers should be ashamed with what happened. Situations like this only strengthen player's conviction things are not addressed properly in internal testing and again, it reflects poorly on your business capacities and capabilities. This is especially true for something so public as forums. I am sure this debacle will result in people being fired, those that did it and those that gave them the go ahead. Now, how fast you fix the issues could reduce some of the negative backlash you will suffer. I think you should take these forums down and replace them with the old ones and only bring the new version back when you have resolved the issues players are seeing. You got your player QA and feedback.
  • nikkipadennikkipaden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    OP seconded.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    {UFP} Diplomatic Corps Foreign Officer, Romulan Imperial Guard Officer
  • guntoteguntote Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /signed

Please change everything back. :)
  • kantusxxxkantusxxx Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    And not being able to post on the forums? What's the point then? I didn't put information threads on the forums so I couldn't update.

Odd, this is a dummy account and I can post on the forums just fine../
    /Signed

I agree, this new forum update is terrible, please roll it back.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • vminkvmink Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm pretty sure I understand how, and to some extent why they broke the forum accounts system.

Basically it's PWE's game now. The accounts in their forums database have precedence -- if your name matches one of those existing names, even if that name isn't associated with someone playing STO, then you're out of luck and have to change it. (This is in addition to the weirdness of not allowing capitol letters -- that's just an odd decision, unless their system is really case-insensitive, or alternatively case-hypersensitive.)

Mind you, I think it's unfortunate. Understandable, from a technical point of view, but unfortunate. And irreversible. We're not getting the old forums back.

On the other hand, I don't think the devs really give a tinker's damn if it messes with the community. Do you?
    ---
    Gowron Simmons is pleased to see you, yes!
  • koppenflakkoppenflak Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yep. Change it back. This is, to put it politely, rubbish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /signed

What are they doing??? :mad:
  • sito1jastsito1jast Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    signed.

old fourms plox.
  • dabeastiedabeastie Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I think it's too late for them to return the old ones now we've been forced to TRIBBLE up our accounts!

Eurgh these forum buttons are ugly as hell... and what's with 'quick reply' u just type and post I shouldn't have to click a button first POS.
  • goylynnegoylynne Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /signed

give me back my avatar
  • darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    as much as i was like to /sign this, it won't change anything.

Improvise, Adapt, Overcome.
    That is your only course now.
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • barecatbarecat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It makes sense that PWE would move the site under their umbrella. I'm sure some of the aesthetics of the forums will be updated eventually. I've never been a fan of PWE forums, but I've suffered through them before.

The one thing that kills me though is the fact that I'm now 'barecat', and PWE has no mechanism to change handles. I don't think you can link another account either to fix it. But growing pains are just that, I can manage as long as they keep generating more game content.
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    You know as well as I do, there's no going back from this.
  • koppenflakkoppenflak Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    hfmudd wrote: »
    You know as well as I do, there's no going back from this.

No! Noooooo!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tanith1989tanith1989 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    you know what i liked that i cant seem to do now was the legend used to say if a dev had posted and if you clicked it, it would take you to the dev post. Also i just hate the style of this new forum feels odd to use so i want it changed back as well
    Ketan Merious
    Captain, U.S.S Transcendent
    Explorers Fleet, Senior Member
    We want an Odyssey variant give us it
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /signed with a fury that burns like a thousand suns
  • cosmoscolacosmoscola Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    as much as i was like to /sign this, it won't change anything.

Improvise, Adapt, Overcome.
    That is your only course now.

I?ll sign it! Not just the forums, but EVERYTHING!!
  • helmsmn2helmsmn2 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I have no experience with PWE's other forums, but I'd wager that this is their standard format and that there is no hope of this one reverting to the previous setup. It is what it is, I guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Cleverly disguised as myself - Helmsmn2
  • mavairomavairo Member Posts: 579
    edited June 2012
    This forum is now such a festering pile.

Seriously Proboards offers a better forum layout and option suite than this.

Signed.

PvEers, and PvPers united. This forum is trash
  • gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The idea of conforming easily might be what PWE is used to with their normal player base. But, Western gamers are a whole other story...

/signed...

My comment may sound racist, but its a fact
  • captain0zerocaptain0zero Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm in on this as well.

/signed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captain0zerocaptain0zero Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    gypsyblade wrote: »
    The idea of conforming easily might be what PWE is used to with their normal player base. But, Western gamers are a whole other story...

/signed...

My comment may sound racist, but its a fact

Reminds me what I told a friend earlier.

"This might be their way, but it isn't our way."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    You all do realize that online petitions don't work, and you need actual handwritten signatures for a petition. "/signed" doesn't cut it. Also, swearing in a petition doesn't really help your case much.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=