test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SIGN HERE! Change the Forums Back!

Comments

• dank65dank65 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    And not being able to post on the forums? What's the point then? I didn't put information threads on the forums so I couldn't update.

This...........................................

It really is a TRIBBLE poor design but then look at the way the game has gone so far under
    PWE it really is no surprise that they would F%@K up the forums too.

Ive said it before and Ill say it again " They are gonna ride this pig till the legs fall off
    then S&^tcan the game"

Reasoning and balance have fallen by the wayside in an attempt to rake in as much
    money as they can till they drive everone off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banshee
    Bloodthristy
    Guild - <Lords of The Dead>
    LvL 60 CW-Dragon Server
  • cuatelacuatela Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    pwridiots wrote: »
    This will be my first and last post on PW's epic fail forum.

1) There was NOTHING wrong with the way it was.

2) You've now offended many of the people who pay for your entire company:
    - you've taken away what they've spent literally years on
    - you've taken away the pride they had in their avatars, signatures, join dates

3) Now most of us can't get our original forum names.

All because you had to have a different layout with your advertisements to get in our way.

There are plenty of public forums out there. I for one have my fleet's forum.

I don't need this one at all.

I hereby boycott this abomination. At least until I and everyone else get their names back.

I completely agree with this post, and further add the following:

* Where the previous forum was nicely organized and easy to navigate, this new forum is jumbled together and categories are very poorly defined.

* The new forum is now harder to find than its predecessor (the link having been moved from its previous location)

* The new appearance is sloppy, poorly developed, and overall not professional when compared to the previous designed.

This will most likely be my final post on these forums, as I cannot stand to even look at them. Thank you, Perfect World, for ruining the forums.

• morganusmikarumorganusmikaru Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /signed

I mean I'm not even able to use my STO handle here? Really? I'm Alastor Forthright, Co-Host of Tribbles N XTC. I've interviewed Devs, I've interviewed Star Trek Writers. We've held sanctioned In game Events for cakes sake but I have to go with some dumb user name I was forced to pick because PWE's registration process is so borked it's sad?

I want my old username back...
    The Artist Formerly Known As Alastor Forthright.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "You know, I'm looking at all those freighters around Vulcan and going, "You know I can't wait for the chance to drop 300 dollars on the chance of getting one of those sexy things." - Altexist
  • stealthymcthiefstealthymcthief Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /signed

I mean I'm not even able to use my STO handle here? Really? I'm Alastor Forthright, Co-Host of Tribbles N XTC. I've interviewed Devs, I've interviewed Star Trek Writers. We've held sanctioned In game Events for cakes sake but I have to go with some dumb user name I was forced to pick because PWE's registration process is so borked it's sad?

I was a dev once, then I took a PWE to the Cryptic
  • ducklesworthducklesworth Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Forget changing the forum back, I just want to be able to buy c-points. Or Zen. Or something. Today's gonna be a slow day for cryptic's accounting/billing department.
  • deyvidkdfdeyvidkdf Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I honestly doubt the Cryptic employees had much of a choice in the matter, and doubt there is much likelihood of the forums being reverted back to the original software and design. I wonder how much Cryptic was actually involved in the design and implementation or whether it was a PWE team handling it.

What I will definitely sign is a petition to update and expand these new forums to include the ability to choose a custom avatar, include links in the signature for fleet websites etc., and most importantly for using the names associated with our Cryptic account.
  • captainowen1captainowen1 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /signed
    /signed
    /signed
    /signed....

Give me bck my green dude!!! (avatar)

Vulcan Kolinahr Fleet. Straan@captainowen1. USS Potemkin
    NX-978532-A. Tra-Lan in the VKF. "the green dude"

I survived the forum massacre of 2012! Join date: Feb 2012
  • dank65dank65 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /signed

Well thanks be to our new overlords since I was able to keep my old forum name.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banshee
    Bloodthristy
    Guild - <Lords of The Dead>
    LvL 60 CW-Dragon Server
  • jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Forget changing the forum back, I just want to be able to buy c-points. Or Zen. Or something. Today's gonna be a slow day for cryptic's accounting/billing department.

Steam Client for the win here.

Download + install Steam, install STO through Steam - use Steam wallet to buy C-Points directly and it gives you the prices for your points in your currency so you know how much your spending :)

I'm glad I moved mine over to Steam a few months ago ;)
  • goltzhargoltzhar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /signed !!!!!!!!!!
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Since all the old posts are now archived- search function is broken when searching for user.

Archived poster, REALLY ???
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • sosolidshoesosolidshoe Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    For what little it's worth, /signed.

We are PWE. Your forums and game accounts will be added to our own. Your community will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Guess this was the 'maintenance' the site was down 24hrs for? So we could be depersonalized and have more PW ads tossed in our faces? :frown: Yeah, nothing chinese about that. :rolleyes: What next? Gonna get PMs about how tiger dong will make me better in bed?

If they wanted to kill off forum usage, then I'll have to give them a 'bravo'

Hope Cryptic remembered to remove the special forum color for Lifers in their list of perks...
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
    edited June 2012
    Guess this was the 'maintenance' the site was down 24hrs for? So we could be depersonalized and have more PW ads tossed in our faces? :frown: Yeah, nothing chinese about that. :rolleyes: What next? Gonna get PMs about how tiger dong will make me better in bed?

No, just how Ferengi lockbox will make you number one super guy.
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /signed

Hate this cheap premade forum, it looks unprofessional and mismatched. Can't get a good overview of things with this layout

URGH ads? wtf? dont care its for Zen, remove the ads.

Huge "LIEK US ON FAECBUUK".. yeah? no! Go away!
    No capital letters in display name? No custom avatar? :mad:

Suddenly the cost for things have switched over to Euros instead of Danish currency.
    I liked that it showed in Danish currency for me. I am Danish.
    And while Denmark is part of the European Union, we don't use Euros.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    outllaw wrote: »
    A) This could have been handled by players themselves 6+ months ago, thus the price for procrastination.
    B) The parent company deemed the change was necessary, that is their call not the playerbases. Desire for the change is irrelevant.
    C) The design conforms to the ideals of the company that owns the property. Player usage as always is optional.
    D) Upsetting a very minor portion of their client base is an acceptable risk and has very little overall impact on the usage of their product.

Losing a small image on the left side of the screen or tacking a single digit to the end of a digital username is not a violation of your identity. Frankly everyone could be numbered without a name and it would have very little overall effect on things. Your ingame character did not lose their identity, your ability to continue playing as your character is unimpeded. This is largely a fuss over nothing. People need to realize the bigger picture and stop feeling slighted over the smallest of changes on a supplimentary service to the game they play.

Also bear in mind, this is day one of the new changes. There may be more implemented, and the benefits of the change have not had time to reveal themselves. All thing in due time.

Now you've just proven you were a bad troll. The statement I made was only logical. The number, thus the quality of the services has decreased, but we're still charged the same amount of money. I don't care if the new forum is ugly, i don't care about old figures, or whatever. I just want all the subforums we used to have, the ability to choose an 'avatar', even if it hurts someone's idea of a perfect world, etc.

I lost the ability to edit my old post with my foundry missions on it, and I will have to do a new one. Of course it will be a real mess if all foundry authors do that, and new missions might not be seen in the process. And many other problems may occur. Only legitimate concerns here, all this because a mother and huge company may want to spare a few dollars a month, but you don't care because you enjoy provoking people to show the you're right, don'tyou ?
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • armandsorronoarmandsorrono Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    :mad: Well I see PWE is doing everything they can to kill STO with the latest round of changes they are making.

This forum change is another attempt to anger THEIR PAYING CUSTOMERS and get them to quit the game.

So PWE can say that they have lost money and shut the game down. Just like their parent company PWI does to every game they lose money on (this is a known fact just google it)

I PAID for certain things with my LIFETIME SUB and now most of them perks are being striped away by the changes being made. Every other mmo out their allows their PAYING CUSTOMERS some freedoms on the forums (like personalized avatars and signatures) But now our individuality has been striped away and the community changed to a bland reflection of what it once was.

What's next?

Really whats?

Banning players for speaking out against this horrible change....
    Original join date 11-2010
    Crash test tribble
    1000 day veteran reward
    edited June 2012
    Banning? My dear friend, there will be no banning, there will be PWE brand reeducation camps!
  • hawks3052hawks3052 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Signed.

The new forums are horrible and the login in is quite catastrophic.
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Meh. Its not like I'm spending alot playing STO anyways since my fandom is not important enough as it is......
    grethor, this change is just one more reason I've lost my passion for STO, GoS and the excuses of Cryptic/PWE, whom ever......
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • srspellssrspells Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Signed that and c-ponts back.
    -Spells
    || Open Door Policy ||
    | Dues Ex Mechina |
    Fleet Leader
  • maelwy5maelwy5 Member Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    outllaw wrote: »
    A) This could have been handled by players themselves 6+ months ago, thus the price for procrastination.
    B) The parent company deemed the change was necessary, that is their call not the playerbases. Desire for the change is irrelevant.
    C) The design conforms to the ideals of the company that owns the property. Player usage as always is optional.
    D) Upsetting a very minor portion of their client base is an acceptable risk and has very little overall impact on the usage of their product.

Losing a small image on the left side of the screen or tacking a single digit to the end of a digital username is not a violation of your identity.

So, you really wouldn't mind if the Deed Poll office left a note at your door saying: "we decided to change your name for you - it is now johnsmith8" (No capital letters, remember)? This comparison could go even further - assume that they also revoked your old birth certificate in favour of a brand new one with today's date, and nullified all your previous accomplishments and history - your name was striken off every official place it has ever been mentioned. A completely new identity, to go with your new stupid name.

Our forum handle is how people see us. A lot of people, myself included, setup their forum name to correspond to their main character's name - it is an extension of the online identity which we, as gamers, put a LOT of time and effort and money into building up. Even if a gamer doesn't consider themself to be a non-roleplayer, chances are they are very attached to their characters.

A gaming handle is a more than a random jumble of identifying letters - it is an identity and a reputation.
    [ <<<--- @Maelwys --->>> ]
  • mikeward1701mikeward1701 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /Signed.
    /Signed.
    /Signed.
    Fleet Admiral Ward
    Commander, Starfleet Corps of Engineers • 7th Fleet
    Commanding Officer, U.S.S. HEART OF OAK • NX-1759-B • Odyssey class Star Cruiser ( Lexington Tactical Configuration)
    )
    (Steam - feel free to follow/friend me : )
  • pogmahone70pogmahone70 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    signed
    signed
    Divine Protectorate Gaming
    STO Beta Tester and Original Cryptic user
  • outllawoutllaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It has become clear that the pain caused by such a minor change has cut some players so deeply that they will never recover :rolleyes:.

As far as having a legal name changed, that is so unappliable to this situation it is not funny. You do not own your account on this game nor any content linked to it including your username. If the company decides to change it they can and will, all part of the agreement you signed. A join date on a forum is hardy an achievement in life nor should it be regarded as such.

Please remember the forum rules on trolling folks, Brandon already has his work cut out for him with everything going on, likely doesn't need to have to be swinging the banhammer around on top of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If I truly lacked empathy or a conscience I would not take time out of my day to help someone who had a less fortunate education than myself correct their gross misunderstanding of words in the English language.
  • atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Signed As Well.

It seems the Forums are still running on vB (I think). If so, at least give us the old style back. And let us up the per page post Count. I HATE not being able to view 40 posts on one page.

Also, I prefer to go Avatar-Less..... Sigh.
  • cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /signed!
    And SIGNED AGAIN!

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • xcadmanxxcadmanx Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /signed

Change it back please.
  • hrci2907hrci2907 Member Posts: 648 Media Corps
    edited June 2012
    Change it back please!
    "This is your ultimate STO Youtube channel!"
    https://youtube.com/user/MyBalkanGaming
  • disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    we dont need this. nit all worked better before.

/signed
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus