test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SIGN HERE! Change the Forums Back!

Comments

• tallaristallaris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    atrus19 wrote: »
    Here are a few reasons why you should /sign this petition to change the forums back to the way they were and never touch it again:

1) The aesthetics are terribad, Seriously the buttons look like something from the 90s. Doesn't look treky at all, the way it did before.

2) No custom avatars, F*** you PWE. I want Bones back!

3) They copied all the old posts but not the meta-data. Real stupid there, and it isn't even that hard to do.

4) I expected Linking my account to mean I could still be known as Demosthenes01101, not this ****ty TRIBBLE name I made up when I tried their ****ty game Forsaken World that one time a while ago.

5) Nothing is clear, everything is obtuse.

6) I don't care about zen. I don't want zen. I want coins with giant Cs on them, I will NEVER, you hear me PWE? NEVER buy zen, so get that **** off my screen.

7) If I so much as SMELL cross promotions while im in the actual game client, you can kiss my money permanently goodbye.

8) You didn't ask US the PLAYERS if we wanted this. I'm making an assumption here, and maybe I am wrong, but most of us probably hate your stupid changes. You just DECIDED like a day ago, that this was happening. Some OCD PWE exec just couldn't TAKE the thought that this website had it's own identity. I really wish I could trip that guy on a cement sidewalk.

9) Try to submit a ticket, but the function is 'disabled by administrator.' Yeah, I bet that's NEVER getting turned back on. Seriously worst people ever. Can we get a private server going? So we can leave PWE forever?

In sum: Change it back, because your way is terribad.

Sign if you agree. If you don't agree, please enjoy the crappy forums.

Oh my god, get out of my brain!

/Signed
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited June 2012
    eiledon wrote: »
    for anyone who lost there avatar or signature and needs a copy try my suggestion in this thread using google cache

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=275801

ps. petitions rarely if ever work with pwe. they have changed the forum to their standard platform. it is unlikely to revert. we all went through it with PWI when they brought in the new software.
    /signed.

We have to get a PWE account to access the forums. WTF?

I can't use my Cryptic account to post. WTF?

The forums look horrible now. WTF?

BB code doesn't work in signatures. WTF?

My avatar is gone. WTF?

I will never buy Zen...especially with all these mega-ugly advertisements harassing me everywhere I go.

I've been defending Cryptic and PWE since I got here. That changes today.

Yup, had to link my account with a crappy PWE account just to use my previous lts account to even post.
    Cryptic have failed so hard its not even on the same planet....:mad:
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    linyive wrote: »
    I personally like the new forums. Even though the typography needs a little work, I think this new design is rather refreshing. Pretty neat.

I'm okay with the re-design from the aesthetic point of view. It actually doesn't feel like I'm reading things on a Klingon computer. :p

But with all the functionality lost (custom avatars, in-game E-mail access) and having to change long-standing usernames and join dates, it seems to have done more harm than any good that comes of it. :(
  • aidenmcnultyaidenmcnulty Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /signed

Change it, please
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=88552451000&dateline=1419967090[/SIGPIC]

Omega-Flotte - Angriffsflotte Omega
    I don't believe in a No-Win Scenario - since May 2013
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Seriously, the funnest part of this game just got effed up. I'm not going to play these forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ajstonerajstoner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I don't care about the new forum layout as such (though I agree it is inferior). What bothers me is the general "#### you" attitude not only of PWE but game companies across the board and, really, everything in this world run by suits.

They want you to become accustomed to less and less for more and more. They clip away here and there, putting out increasingly lower quality services and products, and hope the change is gradual enough that you won't notice or think it is worth griping about.

Game companies used to be run by game designers and they bent over backwards to make their players happy. They are now the domain of accountants without a grain of creativity or individuality amongst them. Indeed, they fear and resent such things as they are incomprehensible to them and cannot be simply commodified out of hand.

Welcome to the world of plutocratic capitalism.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /signed.

TRIBBLE PWE! I want Cryptic back the way it was!
  • atomicfbatomicfb Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    FINALLY... Finally got it to link... that took forever.

So what that we knew they would eventually do this but to do this in not warn us ahead of time or at least respect us enough to tell us...

Come on... its all about respecting your playerbase.

/signed
  • sito1jastsito1jast Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Change back plox
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Almost forgot...we can't change the time. So my computer insists it's 8:55am when it's actually 12:55 pm here in Toronto. WTF?

/signed again
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I don't insist they change it back.

I insist they fix it. Seriously, this is a terrible, terrible excuse for a forum, with no custom avatars, clunky and terrible-looking UI... I'm posting and, as someone else mentioned, I feel like I'm in a timewarp to 2001 web forums.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I agree...

But we're all just wasting our breath...

This is the future..., and it's seems that the future sucks.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • gravitate1gravitate1 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /signed

This forum design is terrible...

I want MY username back. I don't want to have to make random additions to it to make it acceptable.

I don't want some generic avatar.

Where's my registration date of 2008??

And changing over to PWE for some crappy reward doesn't make this taste any less bitter!
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /signed

the new forum are simply said: bull****.
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /SIGNED.

I want the custom Avatars and full Sigs back. And the white on black text box is terrible. What were you guys even thinking?
  • nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /signed

Not that it'll really make any difference, but I now have even less reason to subscribe or buy any more cryptic points. Unless new story missions come soon, I don't see much point in staying with STO.
  • shapeywhelmshapeywhelm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /Signed

can't be said enough
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    You know what? I'm generally not one for forum petitions and the like but...

/signed

Even though I don't think they're going to change anything, I still feel the need to throw my name in hat against this junk.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • trekkiemelissatrekkiemelissa Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Signed.

I am not happy one bit about this. The forum was fine the way it was before. I never wanted a PWE account either. I don't like that we have to have a pwe account to even log in here. Its not right.
  • macfellymacfelly Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    ajstoner wrote: »

Game companies used to be run by game designers and they bent over backwards to make their players happy.

Those games died very quickly, the customer is not always right. Think of the dumbest change you've ever heard a player think up, then imagine someone listening. Plus happy is subjective, I'm happy in game right now, you obviously not so much... so who's right?
    Apparently not loyal enough :|
  • jared1701jared1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /Signed
    I'm not buying ANY C-points or whatever it's called until I understand what I'm buying, and until everyone gets the username and avatar they want.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." Jean-Luc Picard
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    Meh. Its not like I'm spending alot playing STO anyways since my fandom is not important enough as it is......
    grethor, this change is just one more reason I've lost my passion for STO, GoS and the excuses of Cryptic/PWE, whom ever......

But your new screen name is epic. Thanks for the laugh.
  • obsidiusrexobsidiusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yay! So I lost my long-standing forum handle because it was already taken by another PWE member, I can't customize my avatar, forum handles are all lower-case, I have to make a new forum account, people will be lucky to know who I am from the old, worked-perfectly-well forums... Did I forget anything?

Oh yeah... not getting any warning by email that any of this was going to happen, even though I receive promo emails from STO. At least I could have limbered up before hand before getting bent over. Next time, some KY maybe?

Congratulations people in charge <commence sarcastic slow clap>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
    And remember to follow the rules.
  • dunnlangdunnlang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    My dislike of these new forums does not come from a stick in the mud or Luddite sort of place. These forums are significantly less readable and friendly than the old ones.

At the very least, I would like custom avatars back so we know who is who. A picture is worth a thousand words. If I can know who is "talking" by seeing their avatar out of the corner of my eye, it saves time and confusion.
    [SIGPIC]Want to know more about Cryptic's hidden lottery odds and outcomes? Read my posts below.[/SIGPIC]
    Lock Boxes: The true value - (thread link)
    Jem'Hadar Bug Odds - (thread link)
    Galor Creation Rate - (thread link)
    Find me in TSW - TSW Chronicle Profile
  • meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    CHANGE IT BACK, or... FIX THE PROBLEMS YOU CAUSED!!!

Lack of communication to the community before the change over. SHAME ON YOU CRYPTIC!
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • kbflordkruegkbflordkrueg Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Even tho I know it won't happen...
    I vote for the return to the old style of forums.
    the new one is ugly as sin, the lack of custom avatars blows frothy chunks
    and the way I am forced to link my Cryptic account to PWE makes me ill.
    Lord Krueg
    KBF CO
    We are the Dead
    join date Aug 2008
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'll sign.

1) The New forums are absolutely horrible and taken a lot from us.

2) Cryptic gave no warning whatsoever these changes were coming.
  • wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I much preferred the old layout. You know, the one that had all it's buttons visible, I notice one major one missing, I'll give you three guesses which one
  • admiralstarbuckadmiralstarbuck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /Signed

Complete fail by Cryptic :mad:
  • trekkiemelissatrekkiemelissa Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I much preferred the old layout. You know, the one that had all it's buttons visible, I notice one major one missing, I'll give you three guesses which one

We missing the report button :P