What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DS9 Duty Officer Pack Promo

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    and it's great fun sending your whole roster into the reclamation vats to be rendered down into their constituent proteins and recombined into slightly-less-bad redshirts.

Remember, you only have to melt down 125 commons to get enough material for a Very Rare! and then you can just replenish your roster from the exchange as you need to :D
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    You know... I don't think anything says how I feel about more Random chances for anything then this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PywI0BOxJpI&feature=related
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    amtct wrote: »
    You do that with tens of gamma packs .Im not going to delete my puple doffs and I'm not oging to log off and on each time I open a gamma pack just to transfer doffs .

This game makes trading/playing exchange impossible .

Do you have 400 purple doffs on all your toons?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Do you have 400 purple doffs on all your toons?

Why would I pay 15 euros for each toon to unlock the roster when I want more on my main?
    I did it for one toon.If they want me to buy more gamma packs they will have to give me more free slots.

The best way is "buy the bug from the exchange " problem solved :D
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    amtct wrote: »
    Why would I pay 15 euros for each toon to unlock the roster when I want more on my main?
    I did it for one toon.If they want me to buy more gamma packs they will have to give me more free slots.

The best way is "buy the bug from the exchange " problem solved :D

Is it just me? Or did he just completely side step the question asked? I too am curious do you have 300+ purple doffs?
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Brian/Cryptic,

I'm pretty much a lurker who doesn't say much and who is also not that heated up over "LockBox gate". It didn't bother me as much, BUT I understood and identified with those that it did bother.

What I am trying to say is that I hope you all have really noticed the positive response that this promotion is getting. I think this shows that you have been listening to us and others. This is the way it should be done.... attach the lock box to something everyone could use. I plan to buy bunch myself.

Also, will we ever see the Gamma Quadrant Cadre return like during episode re-runs? It would make me sad to never see it again.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    biglcny wrote: »
    Brian/Cryptic,

I'm pretty much a lurker who doesn't say much and who is also not that heated up over "LockBox gate". It didn't bother me as much, BUT I understood and identified with those that it did bother.

What I am trying to say is that I hope you all have really noticed the positive response that this promotion is getting. I think this shows that you have been listening to us and others. This is the way it should be done.... attach the lock box to something everyone could use. I plan to buy bunch myself.

Also, will we ever see the Gamma Quadrant Cadre return like during episode re-runs? It would make me sad to never see it again.

I have also been amazed at the overwhelmingly positive response to this. I have no idea what their numbers are looking like in comparison to the standard lock box sales, but if they are anywhere NEAR close they should stick with this going forward.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Seldrin wrote: »
    Is it just me? Or did he just completely side step the question asked? I too am curious do you have 300+ purple doffs?

With or without the Cluster chains doffs :D
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Trying not to be bummed here. Just opened 30 Gamma Quad Packs. No ship :( Oh well...

What's the best way to make EC from these ds9 duty officers? Crunch them all down to be purple?
  • Options
    edited June 2012

Yup. He's avoiding the question.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Thank you Cryptic. This promo rocks. I got me a Jem Hadar Attack Ship to go with my Galor I already had and got enough lobi to get me the Photonic MACO Bridge Officer. Like I said in the start Thank You Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited June 2012

colonial chain x14
    asylum x... i don't know, there are many
    officer exchange x4
    Instigate defection
    5 blue x 1 purple in academy
    etc...

I can get 3-4 purple doff per day, is quite easy when u completed all the colonial chains
  • Options
    edited June 2012

I do. Well over 300. In fact, I keep hoping they increase the cap - because even though I only hold on to rares and lower with "funny" or Trek names (Tasha, Data, etc.) I'm still constantly battling the cap. I know you don't "need" more DOffs, but Doffing is all about collecting.

And I agree - and am happy - about the great positive response here. I haven't bought a pack of DOffs in many, many moons and I certainly bought some today, even though I have a JEM on my main already.

Great sale - just please add another tier or two of available slots to purchase - honestly, I would have bought 3x more packs today if I wasn't constantly juggling with the cap (even my alts are getting full at this point).
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Well there goes the 5k CP I bought in the last sale. No bug yet [though admittedly, it's not all *that* appealing to me either], but I'll definitely be picking up more CP later. Maybe another 10 worth. I may try not to spend much at a time but I want to show support for this in the only way that really matters to the business~
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I agree with the majority of the other posters, this is a definate improvement over the "lock-box" idea. Cryptic, this is a real value proposition!! I might have to buy one or two packs now. I do wish you'd do this for the Galor, I am more of a cruiser guy.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I just would like to know why all of a sudden are the Ds9 duty officer packs a limited time thing in the C-store? They have been there for awhile now and there was never any indication that they would be limited time when introduced.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    CapTrott wrote: »
    I just would like to know why all of a sudden are the Ds9 duty officer packs a limited time thing in the C-store? They have been there for awhile now and there was never any indication that they would be limited time when introduced.

Probably because they were the main way to get Resolve DOffs but now that you can get them via the DOff exchange at the Academy they aren't worth it as much.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Matri wrote: »
    Yup. He's avoiding the question.

I already said that I have more so I dont know what I avoid or why would I avoid it.The stupid limit is and will still be there with or without my answer.
    I play the exchange and trade alot and he asked me if I have 300 doffs...

Btw you can get 400 purple by repeating the same assignemtns in clusters.
    I thought people on the forums already know these kind of stuffs.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Yes :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Just a question, for how long will the galors and dkoras be on? Galors have been on there for a while now.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    It is better than the lock-boxes, but still it's rather cheap on the consumers part. My wife has spent like 5000 CP and didn't get the bug, I spent a good 1000-2000CP and no bug. I only did the Duty Officer thing for the Bug as did my wife and really not impressed. After spending that much one of us should have gotten the bug ship.

I think a better alternative would have been to have it up for sale in the C-store as a separate ship. Show your customers that you actually give a damn about them. I would've happily spent 3000CP for the ship by itself, with the absolute guarantee of getting it. Not everyone likes the duty officer system, I myself don't and am not impressed by the recent changes making the duty officers packs bound when you get them. This game is heading more and more in the wrong direction. Cryptic you really need to get your act together, and stop being a bunch of Federation Fan-Boys and money grabbers.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I have to say cryptic, you threw me a bit of a curve ball with this one. I am impressed, and if the lockboxes go (Please say that so I no longer have to have my immersion ruined every 5 seconds from the stupid boxes appearing) in favour of this method then I can get behind it ;)

Well played.....I'll give you this one....

Oh and I blew my cpoint load (Oh My....) on a few of these packs and made a tidy profit on the exchange :cool:

Thats how much I support it!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    How much better is this then the ****** scamboxes eh?? We get the same chances of the same doffs we would normally have, plus the lobi crystals as a "Hey thanks for bothering" OR the rare chance of a Jemmy, THIS is the way scamboxes should have been <3

I didn't get the ship from the packs i traded dilithium for, so i just went and baught one that somebody else won, but the point still stands - This is GOOD, and I thank Cryptic for doing it!

Scamboxes = Bad.
    Potential to get guarrentied goodies + ship when buying an item you know will be worth your money = Good.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Wow this is a bigger rip off than the master key. Now we have to pay 220 Cryptic Points for one chance to win a Jem'Hadar Ship, wow that is outrageous! Granted you get duty officers but is the cap still not 400? So that is not very many chances per character!

Now we have to pay more and have less chances of winning!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I think a better alternative would have been to have it up for sale in the C-store as a separate ship. Show your customers that you actually give a damn about them. I would've happily spent 3000CP for the ship by itself, with the absolute guarantee of getting it.

They can't CBS won't let Cryptic. Non-factional ships have to be chance giveaways. Other EVERYONE would have them.

Wow this is a bigger rip off than the master key. Now we have to pay 220 Cryptic Points for one chance to win a Jem'Hadar Ship, wow that is outrageous! Granted you get duty officers but is the cap still not 400? So that is not very many chances per character!

You know you can mail put doff in the mail to hold them for a while.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    OtakuboyT wrote: »
    They can't CBS won't let Cryptic. Non-factional ships have to be chance giveaways. Other EVERYONE would have them.

...except the people who dont actually want them. Heck, people dont even wan all of the canon factional ships.
  • Options
    edited June 2012

agreed ;) , spent 2200 cp's and only got lobi TRIBBLE
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I like the idea and would love a jemmy ship rather than the marauder but do you have to keep spamming it o the game screen when someone wins one it is annoyting when it happens in game
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    reasons why this is preferable to lockboxes:

1) no stupid boxes clogging inventory and loot rolls
    2) no need to try to farm gold boxes - any purchased pack has the same odds and therefore value, while a master key will have a different value depending on the type of box it's used on

also, I think this seems to be getting a more positive response because it's an additional reward attached to something that already had an established value. 220 cp for a gamma quadrant pack was something people were already comfortable with, and periodically purchased, and this is just a bonus. there's no "I opened a lockbox and all I got was this TRIBBLE consumable," it's "I opened something already established as being worth 220 cp and I also get a chance at a ship."
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I rather they do this on all items you might purchase in the store. Get a chance for a Jem'Hadar Ship/Galor Ship/D'Kora ship (Rotate the ships every so often) on any and all items. That way we get what we want and have a chance of getting of a ship or 10 lobi crystals. Do not limit it to items that have a limit cap on them. Its a nice gesture from Crytpic/PerfectWorld but there is a cap on how many duty officers you can have so its a rip off.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I rather they do this on all items you might purchase in the store. Get a chance for a Jem'Hadar Ship/Galor Ship/D'Kora ship (Rotate the ships every so often) on any and all items. That way we get what we want and have a chance of getting of a ship or 10 lobi crystals. Do not limit it to items that have a limit cap on them. Its a nice gesture from Crytpic/PerfectWorld but there is a cap on how many duty officers you can have so its a rip off.

You do know you can grind the exess white/green doffs right? Heck, you're bound to get useless blues to grind too. When you're opening a bunch of cadres, just park near a doff grinder and enjoy the show whenever you run out of space.
This discussion has been closed.