test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

! Official Complaint! Stf Loot Drop Rate Is A Joke! You Must Increase The Drop Rate!

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    feistyfawn wrote: »
    Well. It's my turn. I've played 3 STF elite per day (more than 300 STF. btw I got the accolade).

- I got more than 327 EDC's (I stopped to count them).
    - about 3 shield techs (useless for MK XII)
    - about 7 engine techs (useless for MK XII)
    - 1 deflector techs
    - 1 armor

- about 7 rare shield techs
    - 1 rare engine tech
    - 1 rare deflector tech
    - 29 rare prototype borg salvage

- 8 very rare prototype borg salvage
    - and ZERO of other kinds.

Don't you think there is problem?

Well lucky you

Ive played over 500 and got one Proto shield tech.

So yeah.. problem.

( but honestly i dont care lol )
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    yeah I am over 500 and not a single PSG. Everything else I have gotten at least 2 of because I know the only MK 12 sets I don't have are the ground MACO and OMEGA because I can't seem to get any PSG 12.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    been trying for mk xii maco engines for over 2 months but still nothing to get them with lol :eek:
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    i,ve been trying for the past few days to get the rare psg drop form ige and half the time my team don,t even make the optional goal. all i get is junk at the end. but i,m building up my edc and if i have to i,ll just buy my mk11 omega force shield that way. but this drop rate for the good stuff is far far too low right now.:(
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    i,ve been trying for the past few days to get the rare psg drop form ige and half the time my team don,t even make the optional goal. all i get is junk at the end. but i,m building up my edc and if i have to i,ll just buy my mk11 omega force shield that way. but this drop rate for the good stuff is far far too low right now.

i have great news for you! The optional loot table doesn't even include rare, or prototype tech drops. Those drops are exclusively for your own lootbox.

And yeah, agree. far too low, they should add the option to turn in 5 prototype salvage drops for a prototype tech token. Or the FULL MACO/OMEGA/KHG Skin for MK XI set. The skin you get for the optionals is way better anyway, and reserved for elite players. Those optionals on elite are not difficult, but still require a functioning and good team.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Been doing STFs for 3 months or so, prob done atleast 300, no more than 10 missions a night. I have both omega/maco Mk12 full sets, 3 maco mk11, 3 omega mk11 sets. Traded countless rare prototypes and rare salvage for dilithum. I've gotten about 20 VR salvage. The majority have been pugs. If it was any easier.........they wouldnt be rare. Also the full sets suck together, I primarly run Omega shield/motors, Borg deflector/console on my MVAE. My advice, play and have fun. You will get what you want eventually.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I deployed a new engineer in a science ship into battle against the Borg and this is what I got last night in about 6 normal STFs (2 each on each space map) -

1 rare salvage
    3 common borg tech (engine, shield and deflector one after the other!)
    1 rare borg tech

Post-patch I definitely notice more common tech dropping.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I've been playing Cure and Infected Ground (Elite) for three or four months now and have yet to get the PSG or weapon 12. Just prototype tech that's no longer useful to me, the goddamn lock boxes and random bits I don't need.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I know I'll probably take some heat for this, but I really don't mind the drop rate, in that it creates rarity. If I saw everyone running around with a helmet, then I wouldn't be motivated to get one for myself.

I've been running STFs since the change in December, and I still don't have my ground gear, and I'm okay with that. When I finally do get it, I want it to be something special, and something that I've had to work for, not something that I got by doing 'x' amount of runs and turned in 'x' amount of EDCs.

Perhaps there could be a better way of implementing the drops so that they're equally as rare - say, increase the difficulty of elite STFs considerably, but guarantee a drop for at least one team member, I'm not sure...

What I do know, is that I'm personally opposed to the mark 12 ground gear being as common place as the mark 11.

Anyone have ideas on how to maintain the rarity of the item but improve the current system?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Akrilon wrote: »
    I know I'll probably take some heat for this, but I really don't mind the drop rate, in that it creates rarity. If I saw everyone running around with a helmet, then I wouldn't be motivated to get one for myself.

I've been running STFs since the change in December, and I still don't have my ground gear, and I'm okay with that. When I finally do get it, I want it to be something special, and something that I've had to work for, not something that I got by doing 'x' amount of runs and turned in 'x' amount of EDCs.

Perhaps there could be a better way of implementing the drops so that they're equally as rare - say, increase the difficulty of elite STFs considerably, but guarantee a drop for at least one team member, I'm not sure...

What I do know, is that I'm personally opposed to the mark 12 ground gear being as common place as the mark 11.

Anyone have ideas on how to maintain the rarity of the item but improve the current system?

I feel the current Mark XII stuff should be swapped to EDC's, and a new set come out that's the 'rare' one.

Partly because right now me and a few friends are looking at it, going "We can basically ace these elite ground STFs... but we can't get lucky enough to get that final prototype tech. This is frustrating."

I get the "It shouldn't be super easy." But at the same time, it should be a goal that you can place beyond "Keep doing this STF over and over and over and over and HOPE your tech drops." Like GW1 did not super long ago. They turned one title from "Impossible to get unless you actually kinda exploit the game system." to "Possible, but it still requires dedication and time+effort to get."
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Ofallon wrote:
    So I concurr there is a problem. I have hard data like the quoted poster, and more to add.

When I Killed Armek I got MK XI Tech drop. Not only did I defeat Armek, I solo'd him as 3 defeated party members watched and the fourth ran for his life. I had a great day knowing that my dps was the highest, slaying Armek and getting the drop. Note My dps was highest because i was unstoppable and never defeated. Everyone on my team was defeated so often, we lost the optional. Conclusion: I rocked and therefore got a great reward.
    I have sucessfully whipped Aramek over 76 times most on elite and 3 times off-tanking him. Only rewarded once.

In space On my Engineer I never got the drop on MK XI Tech untill I hopped in my Defiant and unloaded a whole lot of whoop-***. Going from Tanking role to dps roll got me my tech. All my MK XII I should add, never in my Excelsior.

Same for my Science. I woop-***, I get a drop on ground. In space it waas only when I went from support role in my Intrepid to whoop-*** dps in my Defiant did the Tech drop start flowing.

There is a REAL problem with the loot drop, That is the REAL TRUTH.

So full of WIN :D
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    You know, I've never, ever had a weapon tech drop from Armek for me. Every single mark XI gun I've gotten was bought with EDCs.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    would this be considered a bump or necro?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I'd say bump.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    MrMicky21 wrote:
    Okay Cryptic! ENOUGH! you need to sort this and you need to sort this now! There is a stupid amount of posts complaining about how we endure hours and hours of doing these STF with no worthy reward at the end, at least with the old ones, you spend hours doing them but you were guaranteed something at the end worth bragging about. But now? your lucky to get salavge!

Yeah I know you get EDC, Woop te do! that im sorry is nothing now, its doesnt get you MK12 gear which most people strive for and you know this! what the hell are you playing at! its so simple! people complain, you fix it! simple! I have done over 750 STFs over half on ground elite and NONE, I repeat, NONE of them have dropped ONE piece of prototype ground tech and only 5 pieces of prototype salvage. This is not acceptable and im not the only one! Im sick and tired of being constantly disappointed with these STFs and getting nothing at the end.

You need to seriously increase the drop rate on prototype borg salvage and protoype space and ground tech. I have worked out the drop rate must be no more than 0.5% which is a utter joke! everywhere I go people are complaining about the drop rate and never see any PROPER fixes from you and that any real difference, OH yes! sorry, I do see stuff! more things to line your pockets with money, i mean the lock boxes drop almost every sinlge drop you get now! and you know what? people pass on them! they are sick of them! stop trying to cokes us into spending money and acutally focus your attention on what the community really wants. :mad:

And if you do increase it you need to tell us what the drop rate is, keeping cloak and dagger only winds people up and stop playing them.

Granted I do see pataches saying "increased drop rate" and "reduced difficulty" but my own personal opinion this is a total lie, all I think all you've done is just change the number shown so IT LOOKS LIKE you have lowered it, I see no change in difficulty, so wise up! we arent stupid! we plays hundreds of these remember and its time to give the community what it wants! :mad:

INCREASE THE DROP RATE! and not by 0.001%, thats not a increase thats a insult! you need to increase it by least 20% so everyone has at least a 20% chance of getting something.

Please read this and take this seriously! We are not happy! not happy at all.:mad:
    Agree with this even though its many months old.
    Funny nothing has changed. I got two of the three parts of the space set XII very quickly and since then I have had nothing for months.
    Got a full XI set but I dont particularily want that if I could have an XI set instead!

Really frustrating
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Akrilon wrote: »

I agree... the rarity of the drops, in my opinion, increase the value. Like others have posted here... the MK XI set was pretty easy to finish (i believe I had my mk xi maco before reaching 50). I've received enough EDC, and Rare Tech Drops to outfit each BOFFs (well my away team boffs) with Maco or Omega sets.

I worked hard to get the MK XII full Maco ground set.

I dont want it to be easy, and it shouldnt be easy... This has always been my complaint about this game... you can basically buy (or are required to buy) the top tier ships... I for one am glad there is something in the game you have to work for...

Dont make them even more available...
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I agree... the rarity of the drops, in my opinion, increase the value. Like others have posted here... the MK XI set was pretty easy to finish (i believe I had my mk xi maco before reaching 50). I've received enough EDC, and Rare Tech Drops to outfit each BOFFs (well my away team boffs) with Maco or Omega sets.

I worked hard to get the MK XII full Maco ground set.

I dont want it to be easy, and it shouldnt be easy... This has always been my complaint about this game... you can basically buy (or are required to buy) the top tier ships... I for one am glad there is something in the game you have to work for...

Dont make them even more available...

Sigh. There's a difference between making them super easy to get, and making it so they aren't **** random to get.

Okay, you are saying it's fine somebody can have done 100+ infected runs, but NEVER see a prototype PSG tech for them while a 2-3 day old Ferasian char can be wearing full Mark XII honor guard?

It's like GW1. They turned the legendary defender of ascalon title from "Near damn impossible to get unless you used a specific exploit." to "possible, but it takes time and dedication."

XII NEEDS that. I should look at XII and go "That person at least knows what they are doing." not "That person's lucky."

I know somebody who has basically quit the game for a while(hopefully short) because she worked her freaking *** off trying to get that final proto tech for her ground XII MACO, and NEVER, EVER saw it. But she saw guys with full XII, and full XII + alt look get them.

I can fully agree with "XII shouldn't be super easy to get" but I disagree with "It's fine as is now." Make the alt method bar tech something that takes time to get. Something that's not really easy, or simply requires dedication. But currently, XII is not a sign of skill, or rarity. It's a sign of pure luck.

Seriously, adding an alt method to gain them, one which doesn't require tech drops, won't be making them more available. It'll just remove the blind random luck from gaining them. You complain about them not being rare anymore if they do this, I complain at the fact people who work for the sets get nothing, while I've seen what... 3 at least, 5+ at most Ferasians, characters only a few days old, wearing full XII honor guard.

So yes, forgive me for calling utter ******** on the "It's fine as is, it's good people have to work for it."
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    The only reason I do STF's now is to get the XII gear, just to say I've got it. If I cant complete the space set after months of trying what motivation have I got to start on the ground set?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I was mercifully permitted after my fortieth run to receive my first tech drop on my tac. I won't be pursuing the rest of it. This system is fundamentally flawed and is now driving people away from the game. There is a difference between 'difficult' and 'obviously broken or engineered so poorly at may as well broken'. This should have been fixed months ago, it's not a difficult fix. There is no excuse.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    The game in general is jacked up, the loot tables being item 4 of a very long list of things.

I'm sure the lockbox drops are also jacking things up as they are padding the common loot tables as well.

-AE
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    The game in general is jacked up, the loot tables being item 4 of a very long list of things.

I'm sure the lockbox drops are also jacking things up as they are padding the common loot tables as well.
    You speak as though you've seen these tables with your own eyes? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited May 2012

-AE

hate to burst your bubble but the lock boxes have nothing to do with the tech drops the boxes are on a seperate table alone. There was a post about a month or so back that explain exactly how the loot table worked in the STF's the boxes are seperate to this but included every time the boxes are available in game.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    just came from ka ground elite with my engineer toon and all i ever get on my 2 toons is junk. my tac keeps getting the rare armor tech but never the purple prototype armor tech. mean while my poor engineer has maybe only gotten one tech drop the entire time i take her into a stf. :mad: so its kinda sad to have 2 toons and neither one have any mk12 maco or omega ground gear.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    wrote:
    hate to burst your bubble but the lock boxes have nothing to do with the tech drops the boxes are on a seperate table alone. There was a post about a month or so back that explain exactly how the loot table worked in the STF's the boxes are seperate to this but included every time the boxes are available in game.
    While I suspect it is true that lockboxes really don't interfere with other loot drops (and if only because even heavy torpedoes can drop lockboxes and nothing else ever does) - the devs also gave us the bugged Jem'Hardar Set or the MACO Shields with 90 % resists, or a gross miscalulation on the amount of extra damage Sensor Analysis provides. Without any evidence or data to back the OP up, I suspect the Devs are correct. But who knows, maybe the poster wrote what he wrote because had seen counter-evidence to the Devs statement.

For example, maybe they really put in lockboxes as special drop type parallel to everything else. But maybe they accidentally also put lockboxes in the list of other gear. I doubt it, because a symptom of this would be that a single drop could lead to two drop boxes, and I don't think that has ever happened to anyone.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Today I ran 21 STF with my reroll Klingon. We failed optionnals for 10 or 12. I got edc and rubbish (many gears mkIX green). Now I believe Cryptic Studios is laughing on players. They didn't increase anything. They are just liars.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    feistyfawn wrote: »
    Today I ran 21 STF with my reroll Klingon. We failed optionnals for 10 or 12. I got edc and rubbish (many gears mkIX green). Now I believe Cryptic Studios is laughing on players. They didn't increase anything. They are just liars.

Out of... 25+ cure runs? 2 rare weapon techs. And that was at the latter end of the amount.

As I said earlier, I want XII to be something to work toward, and by that I mean an actual goal, not a "We might get this."

They may have increased the drop rate, but it's still a very random thing. FeistyFawn, I'll go ahead and assume you've done enough elite STFs, over your entire STO playtime, that you can pretty much ace them (for you personal part) on any char hitting 50?

And yet, you can't get the XII gear while that 3 day old character can.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Eh my biggest Gripe with how they set it up and play it off as "Prestige" as in something to brag about. I could see this being true if it demonstrated that you have superior playing skills. In reality though the luck of the draw of hitting that 99.9998% chance isn't Prestige or anything to brag about. Once in a blue moon I come across a person doing STF with them that exhibits any great gaming skill within the confines of the game.

As I have stated numerous times before too being able to que in Elite should not be something open to anyone who has hit level 50. There should be some type of pre-req and not just being carrier through 60-120 normal mode stfs to get a x or xi set. Some of the basics that should be in a pre-req like this is first and foremost keeping yourself alive, using your brain and not charging and agroing a whole room take an incoming wrath of damage that you couldn't possibly handle on your own, and some skill as in if it takes you 10 minutes to kill a shielded worker drone... You don't need to waste someones time in an Elite or if you and your 3 buddies are chasing down a probe in KA space and cannot kill it starting from the gate to when it enters the portal... You also do not belong in Elite.

My conclusion is the term Elite with this game is misused because one must be Elite to call themselves Elite.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Eh my biggest Gripe with how they set it up and play it off as "Prestige" as in something to brag about. I could see this being true if it demonstrated that you have superior playing skills. In reality though the luck of the draw of hitting that 99.9998% chance isn't Prestige or anything to brag about. Once in a blue moon I come across a person doing STF with them that exhibits any great gaming skill within the confines of the game.

As I have stated numerous times before too being able to que in Elite should not be something open to anyone who has hit level 50. There should be some type of pre-req and not just being carrier through 60-120 normal mode stfs to get a x or xi set. Some of the basics that should be in a pre-req like this is first and foremost keeping yourself alive, using your brain and not charging and agroing a whole room take an incoming wrath of damage that you couldn't possibly handle on your own, and some skill as in if it takes you 10 minutes to kill a shielded worker drone... You don't need to waste someones time in an Elite or if you and your 3 buddies are chasing down a probe in KA space and cannot kill it starting from the gate to when it enters the portal... You also do not belong in Elite.

My conclusion is the term Elite with this game is misused because one must be Elite to call themselves Elite.

so very true!
    the only real piece of elite equips are the ones you get for doing all the bonus objectives...but not even those considering somebody doing 100+ ground elites should be able to have the bonus accolade anyway.
    And if your group knows what to do, they are easy to get too.
    At the end it only shows you had enough stamina and time to grind mk XII gear.
    For myself i can only say...i have done all the bonus objectives, but i'm still running around with MK XI visuals. Thats fine with me, i don't enjoy ground combat anyway. I lost all hope of getting them month ago.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    The drop rates have gotten worse over time is the problem for me
    As I mentioned earlier I got 2 of the space set pieces quite quickly, took some time off and then persued the third and now it seems near impossible to get...
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Zeuxidemus wrote:

Thats the thing, how would you place something in the game that goes "Oh, you aren't stupid. elite unlocked."?

And, as I've said. I've done plenty of normals on my first VA. dived straight into elites without touching normals on my second lvl 50. Doing just fine.
This discussion has been closed.