test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hey Devs can we please get an answer

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Yes he explained that they made a decision and if you don't like it "**** off!"
    edited June 2010
    AtomicFB wrote:
    Zodi, Cpt Williams was one of the people who were angry cause they aren't special anymore cause Crytpic put their exclusive items on the c-store.

And he also gets very angry about donuts, for some reason, so you should probably not mention them either.
    edited June 2010
    LotD wrote:
    And he also gets very angry about donuts, for some reason, so you should probably not mention them either.

Just drop it.
    edited June 2010
    See?

10char
    edited June 2010
    dojen wrote:
    Thats exactly what I'm trying to do there are alot of ruffled feathers out there

To this i must ask; Why weren't feathers ruffled when Cryptic began giving out TOS uniforms (Part of the DDE Package) for free months ago?

IMO That was the time to complain, that was the time when such complaints could have made a difference. That could very well have been Cryptic testing the waters of offering exclusives to the general public and it was met with silence from most everyone who is complaining now.
    edited June 2010
    LotD wrote:

I think he paid $30 for some sprinkles once, and was disappointed that a doughnut was attached to them.
    edited June 2010
    Cormoran wrote: »
    To this i must ask; Why weren't feathers ruffled when Cryptic began giving out TOS uniforms (Part of the DDE Package) for free months ago?

IMO That was the time to complain, that was the time when such complaints could have made a difference. That could very well have been Cryptic testing the waters of offering exclusives to the general public and it was met with silence from most everyone who is complaining now.

Feathers were ruffled but like what has happened hear they ignored the people who thought it was stupid, which is bigger here cause it affects more people, to appease all the people who just "gotta haz the exclusives" they did not want to have to preorder or pay extra to get. They wanted them for free or super cheap. So Cryptic granted their wish.
    edited June 2010
    AtomicFB wrote:
    Zodi, Cpt Williams was one of the people who were angry cause they aren't special anymore cause Crytpic put their exclusive items on the c-store.

I guessed that, it is a form of elitism. I think this blow up is really silly. we had warning that this day was coming before the cut off date to return pre orders., but people still bought more then one copy. ( including me ) but it is silly to thank that it will the exclusive for ever.

granted I think it was early, I would of waited atleast another 6 months.

as for the mirror universe people. if they truly feel that they were ripped off by them putting it on the C-store, I challenge them to take it in front of a judge, and see what he has to say. I'm also still waiting for someone to tell me how they broke their promise.
    edited June 2010

People did complain then we also werent behind the idea to tie certain exclusives to certain versions of the game
    edited June 2010
    Zodi-emish wrote:
    I guessed that, it is a form of elitism. I think this blow up is really silly. we had warning that this day was coming before the cut off date to return pre orders., but people still bought more then one copy. ( including me ) but it is silly to thank that it will the exclusive for ever.

as for the mirror universe people. if they truly feel that they were ripped off by them putting it on the C-store, I challenge them to take it in front of a judge, and see what he has to say. I'm also still waiting for someone to tell me how they broke their promise.

I know, this has been going on all weekend. That is what this issue boils down too. Elitism and doughnuts.
    edited June 2010
    This is another useless thread filled with examples of people who either don't pay attention or want everything that they want right now no matter what......
    edited June 2010
    Zodi-emish wrote:

I am not elitist, guess what I'm middle class, I get that you disagree ok, but calling me elitist just cause you disagree is insulting.
    edited June 2010
    I am not elitist, guess what I'm middle class, I get that you disagree ok, but calling me elitist just cause you disagree is insulting.

I don't see how it is insulting. It's true. You have been arguing elitism all weekend.
    edited June 2010

To be fair here, I do recall quite a few angry forum goers when that came about. However, it didn't seem to hold the same magnitude as this latest stink dos. In contrast, I remember far more happy forum goers. And again, I see the same pattern.

Honestly, the only 'exclusive' I have any bit of a problem coming to the C-store is the Mirror Universe outfit. That's on the extreme side here as we know full well that MANY Trek fans are quite rabid, and purchased that $200 USD LTS purely for the MU outfit. And no, I don't have that LTS. I think it might have been a smarter option on Cryptic's part to fashion a different MU outfit in this case, but it's nothing I'm going to get a mob together over. :p
    edited June 2010

wrong, you can be an elitist in an MMO world and be in the lower class ( it does not effect what class you are in real life, to effect what class you are in an MMO world) , and you show the signs of elitism. ( at least compared to other MMOs ) I could be wrong, and in fact i hope I'm wrong.
    edited June 2010
    AtomicFB wrote:
    I don't see how it is insulting. It's true. You have been arguing elitism all weekend.

And you know what I called a guy a jerk for referring to me as a Gollum just cause we disagreed and I got censored so yes its offensive according to Cryptic.
    edited June 2010
    AtomicFB wrote:
    I know, this has been going on all weekend. That is what this issue boils down too. Elitism and doughnuts.

ok what is up with the doughnuts thing. I've been seeing that all day.
    edited June 2010
    Why is this thread still going?
    edited June 2010
    Sivar wrote: »
    Why is this thread still going?

because a few people can yell, and bring attention to themselves.
    edited June 2010
    Zodi-emish wrote:

I made a donut analogy in a thread then LotD started to mock it for several posts then went to another thread and continued them. I asked him to stop and some other posters told me it was unrelated because they had no idea he had posted in the other thread. Then they all started to mock me.
    edited June 2010
    Zodi-emish wrote:

In a nutshell, William there tried to make a comparison with donuts. Later in an attempt to generate some levity, I pointed out that I don't think there actually are donuts in the game. We began making a list of various foodstuffs we think should be.
    edited June 2010
    Expired comment
    edited June 2010
    thefrayl wrote: »
    we know full well that MANY Trek fans are quite rabid, and purchased that $200 USD LTS purely for the MU outfit. p

it's still their fault for buying it. nothing forced them to buy it but themselves. unless cryptic came over to their house, and put a gun to their heads.
    edited June 2010
    I made a donut analogy in a thread then LotD started to mock it for several posts then went to another thread and continued them. I asked him to stop and some other posters told me it was unrelated because they had no idea he had posted in the other thread. Then they all started to mock me.
    LotD wrote:
    In a nutshell, William there tried to make a comparison with donuts. Later in an attempt to generate some levity, I pointed out that I don't think there actually are donuts in the game. We began making a list of various foodstuffs we think should be.

you do know, that donuts is going to be used for now on right? I've seen it all over the place, and I think it is sticking. I really don't see what funny about it, buy hey more power to all of you.
    edited June 2010
    You know that reminds me I haven't given out an exclusive Threadnought Donut in a while. Tendel, I bestow upon you an exclusive and unique Threadnought Donut for your constant composure and wit during this tough time. You may add it to your sig at your discretion.
    edited June 2010

The doughnuts thing stopped having anything to do with you days ago. Comeon seriously we started talking about all kinds of foodstuff. Do a search for my posts and you will see my lists I made. No mention of you or anything having to do with you. LOTD may have mocked you in another thread but in the super thread it didn't have anything to do with you.

I give you my word, we were not mocking you with doughnuts. Seriously.
    edited June 2010
    Zodi-emish wrote:
    it's still their fault for buying it. nothing forced them to buy it but themselves. unless cryptic came over to their house, and put a gun to their heads.

Ultimately this is true, and I agree. But still, it teeters on the edge of the morality cliff. Not that it really matters in business though.
    edited June 2010
    Zodi-emish wrote:
    you do know, that donuts is going to be used for now on right? I've seen it all over the place, and I think it is sticking. I really don't see what funny about it, buy hey more power to all of you.

I'm cool with that. I've never gotten to start a meme before.
    edited June 2010
    Zodi-emish wrote:

It's a play on the fact of the definition of exclusive and unique. So it stuck. It was all part of the occasion relaxing of the super thread on this topic.
    edited June 2010
    thefrayl wrote: »
    Ultimately this is true, and I agree. But still, it teeters on the edge of the morality cliff. Not that it really matters in business though.

Indeed it does, but that doesn't change the fact that Cryptic said that they would put them into the C-Store eventually as plain as day.

This thread and others like it are pointless, the only people who have a legitimate complaint for this is the CO lifetimers, but even that is suspect because they most likely bought that for the closed beta access....