test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hey Devs can we please get an answer

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
If we can get an answer to thi question I think it may help the situation

Are you guys planning any kind of compensation for those that bought stuff early?

If you answer this then at least the compensation threads can stop as we will have an answer
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    dojen wrote:

Are you guys planning any kind of compensation for those that bought stuff early?

If you answer this then at least the compensation threads can stop as we will have an answer

!!!Yep!!!!
    edited June 2010
    lol!

I hope the mods start cracking down on this. It's getting a bit ridiculous IMHO.
    edited June 2010
    dojen wrote:

If by "stuff" you mean the items they just added to the C-store, no one bought THEM. What people bought was the GAME, and they got some bonus items with the package that they bought.
    edited June 2010
    I'm pretty sure we already have a thread for this, and based on what Storm Shade said in that thread, the answer is: no.
    edited June 2010
    Well, if you ask three times and get the answer that you don't want, you should probably keep asking.
    edited June 2010
    dojen wrote:

If you think an answer will stop the complaining then you're off with the fairies. All an answer will do is result in the response that the answer isn't good enough.
    edited June 2010
    First then why were some boxes more expensive than others?
    second if you guys support this it can stop their silence is deafening I have tried to call them for 2 days and so have others I have talked to all you get is voicemail I've sent messages to two different gms and still no response we just want to know what's going on
    edited June 2010
    I keep getting Election 2K Florida flashbacks from all this.
    edited June 2010
    dojen wrote:
    second if you guys support this it can stop their silence is deafening I have tried to call them for 2 days and so have others I have talked to all you get is voicemail I've sent messages to two different gms and still no response we just want to know what's going on

I got a response from em, "We have no phone support." So I'm gonna go through Atari.
    edited June 2010
    joe_blue wrote:
    Well, if you ask three times and get the answer that you don't want, you should probably keep asking.

it worked to get thes tuff in the cstore didnt it?
    edited June 2010
    dojen wrote:

No, you just wanna know of you're going to get a freebee.

Honestly you don't deserve one. The fact of the matter this is a case of personal responsibility. You blame Cryptic but no one forced you to buy the COLTS. The responsibility lies with you. Therefore you don't need nor deserve compensation.
    edited June 2010
    If by "stuff" you mean the items they just added to the C-store, no one bought THEM. What people bought was the GAME, and they got some bonus items with the package that they bought.

That and Cryptic said that they would put the items into the C-store at some point kinda makes this thread pointless....
    edited June 2010
    dojen wrote:

You're acting as if these additions to the C-Store are free... You are sadly mistaken (Except for the WoK uniform, which only makes sense really) If you want these items, you pay extra for them. Take the TOS Constitution for example. It costs about 10 american dollars to purchase in the C-Store. I got it for free by opting to purchase my copy of the game from Gamestop. Same case with the Borg boff in Amazon customer's case.
    dojen wrote:

I dunno, I think they've made whats going on quite clear.
    edited June 2010
    I got a response from em, "We have no phone support." So I'm gonna go through Atari.

Careful, Atari may have doughnuts.
    edited June 2010
    dojen wrote:

Yes, so now, all you have to do is show them that you and a lot of others would be willing to pay for your compensation, and I bet they'll do it.
    edited June 2010
    joe_blue wrote:
    Careful, Atari may have doughnuts.

EWWW those would be French doughnuts.
    edited June 2010
    AtomicFB wrote:
    No, you just wanna know of you're going to get a freebee.

Honestly you don't deserve one. The fact of the matter this is a case of personal responsibility. You blame Cryptic but no one forced you to buy the COLTS. The responsibility lies with you. Therefore you don't need nor deserve compensation.

I dont ahve co lts I keep saying it maybe this will help if most don't come to the forums now how could they have even known there was a faq it would be nice if cryptic would just answer one way or the other so we know where they stand i've been calling for 2 days as well as others and all you gret is voicemail pm 2 different devs still no response
    edited June 2010
    dojen wrote:

Yeah, if you offer them money for it, I'm sure they will do the same.
    edited June 2010
    dojen wrote:
    I dont ahve co lts I keep saying it maybe this will help if most don't come to the forums now how could they have even known there was a faq it would be nice if cryptic would just answer one way or the other so we know where they stand i've been calling for 2 days as well as others and all you gret is voicemail pm 2 different devs still no response

Ok, so you don't have a colts but it still doesn't change the fact that the minority doesn't need nor deserve compensation.

If you are tying to get compensation because you think it will smooth things over for the community. Fine I can understand that and I think that is very noble of you. I don't think however it should or is gonna happen.
    edited June 2010
    thefrayl wrote: »
    You're acting as if these additions to the C-Store are free... You are sadly mistaken (Except for the WoK uniform, which only makes sense really) If you want these items, you pay extra for them. Take the TOS Constitution for example. It costs about 10 american dollars to purchase in the C-Store. I got it for free by opting to purchase my copy of the game from Gamestop. Same case with the Borg boff in Amazon customer's case.

I dunno, I think they've made whats going on quite clear.

So you're saying because they won't respond thats the answer? I hope for more than silence as much of the community is upset by this just look at he front page here and the front page of cstore and promotions page. I think we at least deserve an answer for better or worse I think it is a fair question and it's not up to the forum people to decide it's cryptics decison
    edited June 2010
    dojen wrote:

Here's a hint: if you haven't received any notice, either via email or announcement, and nobody's returning your calls, it's just possible you may already know the answer.

But if I were you, I'd keep calling anyways until you get the right answer.
    edited June 2010
    AtomicFB wrote:
    Ok, so you don't have a colts but it still doesn't change the fact that the minority doesn't need nor deserve compensation.

If you are tying to get compensation because you think it will smooth things over for the community. Fine I can understand that and I think that is very noble of you. I don't think however it should or is gonna happen.

Thats exactly what I'm trying to do there are alot of ruffled feathers out there
    edited June 2010
    dojen wrote:
    So you're saying because they won't respond thats the answer? I hope for more than silence as much of the community is upset by this just look at he front page here and the front page of cstore and promotions page. I think we at least deserve an answer for better or worse I think it is a fair question and it's not up to the forum people to decide it's cryptics decison

Them responding would show them doing something competent, I don't see it happening.
    edited June 2010
    Stormshade responded something like 6 times in that other thread. He explained their position, and it did not include giving out free stuff.
    edited June 2010
    dojen wrote:

First, my advice on this: I've tried calling Cryptic up over an issue I had before - and I learned very quickly that it's an absolutely awful way to get in contact with them. They are obviously not in the position to offer satisfactory phone support for one reason or another. I would advise you to stop barking up that tree because it will get you nowhere.

Second, our community rep, Stormshade has been discussing this with players quite often on the forums. If you look into the dev tracker, you will find numerous posts by Storm on the issue. Instead of creating yet another one of these threads to add on to the teetering tower of a pile, find an active thread on the subject and throw in your 2 cents.
    edited June 2010
    Actually he did respond, on another thread he basically said "**** off!"
    edited June 2010
    StormShade wrote:
    I understand why you're saying what you are. However, the bonus items were just that, bonuses, or incentives, and they were exclusive for a time. What you paid for when you bought the Champions Online Lifetime Sub, and the Star Trek Online Lifetime Sub were the ability to play those games for the life of the game, and never have to pay for those games again.

You'll be able to play both of those games for years to come, and to me, that's where the value of the Lifetime Sub lies. It's not in the Mirror Universe Uniform perk, the Liberated Borg Species, or any other special perk.

Meanwhile, lots of other players were wanting some of those items, and missed out on the opportunity to get them. We feel that allowing those players the opportunity to get them is a good thing.

Thanks,

Stormshade

??? I wasn't told off.
    edited June 2010

No, all he did was explain to you what the rest of us have been trying to do for something like four days now.
    edited June 2010

No he didn't. He explained the situation like others tried to explain to you in the larger thread.
    edited June 2010
    Zodi-emish wrote:
    ??? I wasn't told off.

Zodi, Cpt Williams was one of the people who were angry cause they aren't special anymore cause Crytpic put their exclusive items on the c-store.