yapidy pumbidy bumpy bum
    How is the fleet today?
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    yanek wrote: »
    yapidy pumbidy bumpy bum
    How is the fleet today?

Pretty good really. ^_^

Also, we had an admiral meeting yesterday and the new notes are up on the forums in fleet talk! Most important news is that we have 2 new admirals and a new fleet captain.

Also the way diplomacy works is now completely changed.
    edited April 2010
    Congrats Fleet Captain Doug!

Thank you Darian!
    edited April 2010
    Doug3575 wrote: »
    Thank you Darian!

You're very welcome sir.
    edited April 2010
    So.. anybody up for stf KA tonight? Tonight and tomorrow night will be my only free unplanned evenings.

Wednesday gonna watch the premiere of Ironman 2 (woohoo!!), thursday party from work in the evening and the rest of the weekend I'm already planned in for stf's or I have other social functions to attend to. :p
    edited April 2010
    Nishka wrote:
    So.. anybody up for stf KA tonight? Tonight and tomorrow night will be my only free unplanned evenings.

Wednesday gonna watch the premiere of Ironman 2 (woohoo!!), thursday party from work in the evening and the rest of the weekend I'm already planned in for stf's or I have other social functions to attend to. :p

I would but I still need to finish the Infected and the Cure!
    edited April 2010
    Hi there folks. I was directed here from a thread I posted a few days back regarding my search for a fleet in STO. I've looked over the 12th fleet's site and forums and such that's publicly available but I still have some questions that I thought I'd ask here because there wasn't any obvious place to ask on your forums (since the recruitment forum is basically just filled with application forms and not much else). Hopefully one of you friendly (or crazy, haven't decided which yet :P ) people can address them.

Firstly, I'm not entirely clear on how the whole division system you guys run with works. Whatever division you pick/are assigned to is what you want your primary focus in the game to be, correct? If so, do they have any meaning beyond that or are they mostly for roleplay purposes or something else entirely? Some elaboration would be nice please. :)

I noticed that in your charter you seem to encourage people to post in both your own fleet's forums as well as these ones. I have nothing against this but to be perfectly honest I'm not the most avid user of forums that ever existed since a lot of what I sift through (on gaming/MMO forums not necessarily guild/fleet/kinship forums mind you) most of the time is complaint after complaint about how the game is broken or some person going on about how much they hate the game or how random guy X thinks he's the best player ever and that everyone else sucks. I'd much rather spend my time playing and enjoying the game rather than reading about how much other people hate it for hours on end. So anyway after that rantfest my question is this - Would my advancement in the fleet be effected if I'm not posting on the forums every single day like a spamaholic?

Alright, final question for now I think. I notice a lot of you people seem to only list one character name (I'm presuming your mains) in your sigs. How do alts work within your whole division system then?

Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond to my questions. :)
    edited April 2010
    Firstly, I'm not entirely clear on how the whole division system you guys run with works. Whatever division you pick/are assigned to is what you want your primary focus in the game to be, correct? If so, do they have any meaning beyond that or are they mostly for roleplay purposes or something else entirely?
    Most of it is indeed fluff, however divisions like maco and tactical focus on pvp and the medical division does have a focus on healing in the game (it's also the only division with the requirement that you play science carreer, other divisions have no carreer requirements).

Divisions like trade and supply focus on crafting in the game and diplomacy has our diplomats in it that make contact with other fleet and maintain relationships with them on behalf of the 12th fleet.
    Would my advancement in the fleet be effected if I'm not posting on the forums every single day like a spamaholic?
    Not really, fleet advancement is based on people who take initiatives in the fleet. If you organize a cool pvp match for example between our fed and klingon alt fleets for the fleet or you have a rp event going then you're likely to get promoted for it.
    Activity is something we expect of people, but if you make a post on our own forums once month that let us know that you're alive then it's fine already. Enjoying the game is more important then spending time on the forums.
    Having that said, promoting the fleet and attracting more members is appreciated (attracting more members can also get you promoted since it's part of showing initiatives).
    I notice a lot of you people seem to only list one character name (I'm presuming your mains) in your sigs. How do alts work within your whole division system then?
    We only list our mains since only our mains are allowed in the main fleet. For our alts we have an alt fleet on the fed side and on the klingon side. We use an in-game interfleet channel to keep in contact with everybody and this is working pretty well. Also if you want to change your main character from a tactical to example an engineer then that's no problem. Just need to leave the main fleet on the tact and we'll let you rejoin it with the engineer. :D
    edited April 2010
    Nishka wrote:

I was going to do it with Acerion, Soren, Khajjah, and Thrilla, but I may have something at that time that would kill my entire night. So I may be able to do it with you, depending on when you want to do it. I have to be done before 23:30 GMT (6:30 pm EST).

Well, actually, if you get 2 science, 1 engineer, and 1 tactical/engineer, I could maybe do it on my alternate, which means if my plans fall apart tonight, then I could do it on both characters, almost back to back :)

But yeah, Science/Tactical, no preference.
    edited April 2010
    Would my advancement in the fleet be effected if I'm not posting on the forums every single day like a spamaholic?

Nope. We encourage you to be active on both forums, but you really only need to be active on the 12th Fleet forums. If you at least log in once a day, check various forums for relevant information, and then log off, then you have spent enough time on the forum. You don't have to be like Nishka, who always seems to be posting in the forums. :D Plus, if you are on TeamSpeak, sometimes we will discuss important changes to the fleet in there just randomly.

Pretty much when we say the forums, we actually only mean the 12th Fleet forums and this 12th Fleet thread on the STO forums. If you don't feel comfortable/like using these forums (and I definitely understand your reasoning), then its fine.
    edited April 2010
    Bump for the 12th fleet!
    edited April 2010
    Ikrit122 wrote: »
    Nope. We encourage you to be active on both forums, but you really only need to be active on the 12th Fleet forums. If you at least log in once a day, check various forums for relevant information, and then log off, then you have spent enough time on the forum. You don't have to be like Nishka, who always seems to be posting in the forums. :D Plus, if you are on TeamSpeak, sometimes we will discuss important changes to the fleet in there just randomly.

Pretty much when we say the forums, we actually only mean the 12th Fleet forums and this 12th Fleet thread on the STO forums. If you don't feel comfortable/like using these forums (and I definitely understand your reasoning), then its fine.

To add to this, us admirals usually have a weekly meeting on saturday or sunday and we're posting notes of that meeting afterwards. It's recommended that you check on mondays for those notes since they often feature important changes in the fleet. It's a sort of weekly news letter with all important stuff going on in the fleet combined.

Maybe I'll even add some pretty pictures involving cats or something as well later a next time. :p
    edited April 2010
    Busy on our forum today. Sorry I did not stop in more.
    edited April 2010
    Yo 12th Fleet. WAKE UP! Isn't anybody on duty this shift?

Oh wait, I think it might be time for my duty shift. Ahhh, I'm late.

Ensign Darian Drakon reporting for duty as the night watch tactical officer!
    edited April 2010
    Morning all
    edited April 2010
    Good morning. ^_^
    edited April 2010
    So what are you all up to today?
    edited April 2010
    Nishka wrote:
    So what are you all up to today?

Not much. Just getting the new squad and division in order. Going to play in a bit too.:D
    edited April 2010
    On our other STO thread a Dave_Reel has expressed interest in joining the fleet. But he is having trouble with our forum. Could someone walk him through it.:D Thanks.
    edited April 2010
    Hehe, good luck with that. :p

Wish I had the time to play as well. I might level up an alt tonight after doing the explore daily.
    edited April 2010
    Doug3575 wrote: »
    On our other STO thread a Dave_Reel has expressed interest in joining the fleet. But he is having trouble with our forum. Could someone walk him through it.:D Thanks.

Probably the captcha bothering him? I'm at work right now, maybe you can send him a PM about having to enter it reversed? :-s
    edited April 2010
    Whew, this almost fell to page 2 :)
    /B2
    edited April 2010
    Thank you, BE2
    edited April 2010
    bump for a good cause
    edited April 2010
    Good Afternoon 12th! How's everyone doing today?
    edited April 2010
    Good Afternoon 12th! How's everyone doing today?

Fine how are you Darian?
    edited April 2010
    Anybody else who is gonna watch Ironman 2? The movie is coming out here today so I'm definately gonna watch it. :D
    edited April 2010
    i'm Gonna watch that xD
    edited April 2010
    I'm doing well. Can't wait to see Iron Man 2. Gonna have to wait till this weekend though. Oh well.