Install Arc
Options

=/\= The 12th Fleet =/\=

Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Earth Spacedock
Website Links
Site Front Page
Forum
Recruitment (further info etc, go here to apply)

The 12th Fleet
Times are hard for the Federation; enemies from the outside attack us not just physically but psychologically, attacking our way of life, our ideals. The attacks are also from within, members of the Federation itself have begun to question our way. It is at times like this that Star Fleet has always been at its best and now more than ever it needs good officers.

The 12th Fleet has a long and proud tradition of upholding Star Fleet and Federation ideals. Our officers exist to help others and to protect the Federation way of life. If you want to do more to stem the tide, want to be part of the future, then 12th Fleet has openings for new officers like you. It does not matter if your expertise is Engineering, Research, Exploration or Medical the 12th Fleet has a spot for you.

Real Life

Lets face it, we all love our gaming but there comes a time when real life has to take precedent. The 12th Fleet understands this and stands with our members in and out of the game. We offer a mature environment that is safe for the family and young kids to enjoy. Voice communications are provided for all members so it is easy to get to know the people behind the keyboards. Friendships and comradery are our primary focus even above game play. Our members have an open play participation policy so that real life comes first. Game when life lets you and know we will be here waiting. If nothing else you can pop into the forums or our voice chat, and have a good natter.

Background

The 12th fleet was set up in the year 2409 intended to deal with the upcoming confrontation with an unknown hostile species under the command of a council of Starfleet’s best admirals. This new fleet would be comprised of veterans from various duty stations all across the Federation who had proven themselves time and time again in their respective fields. Together they will combat this new threat and uphold the Constitution of the United Federation of Planets. The 12th Fleet is also the first line of defence along the Romulan Neutral Zone. As such it is heavily geared toward TacFleet Assets, however it still maintains Star Fleet ideals with a strong presence of exploration and research assets. The 12th also patrols and defends the core worlds of the Federation.

About us

We are a large, very friendly fleet with a place to fit almost anyone. We encourage active assistance of other members, so if you are new to STO, people will have no problem helping you out with missions and character builds. We also have the 12th Reserve (for federation alts) and a fleet for our Klingon alts. We also have a chat channel so that our members can stay in contact with everyone else across all characters, and even when playing Champions online.
Next to playing the game we also like to roleplay. Currently this is mostly limited to forum roleplay but in the future we also intend to take our adventures to the game. We're eagerly awaiting the ability to create our own content for this.

Magazine
We have a monthly Magazine which we publish, featuring guides, stories and news. You too can be a part of this and help us with art, or by writing articles. You can view our previous issues here.

Divisions

12th has a large variety of divisions, some with ingame roles such as medical, and others with a more roleplaying aspect. All divisions primary focus is as a way for people to get to know others more easily and to help people to group up.
The divisions are:

Science Department

Medical Division
The 12th Fleet's Medical division is the Role playing division in our fleet. If you love to write biographies, or captain logs about your characters, join forum role plays, or team up for role play adventures in-game, then we are the division for you. We may be named Medical, but don't let this description confuse you; we role play all sorts of careers, from heroic MACO's to quirky Engineers, from nervous Scientists to stoic captains, we cover it all.

We are role players first and our career of choice second. If your main interest in Star Trek Online is Role playing then please select Medical as your primary interest!

Exploration Division
These men and woman will carry in the footsteps of great officers like Jean Luc Picard and James T Kirk in charting unknown space, perform scientific research and boldly setting off to explore where no man has gone before.

Logistics and Supply - 12th Fleet's Offical Crafting and Supply Division
R&D, one of the most important but often underestimated divisions in Starfleet. It is thanks to these brave men and women that the Federation has the technology it has today. If you have an inquisitive mind, like to discover what no man has discovered before and dont mind getting blown up in the process, then this Division is perfect for you!

Operations Department

Tactical Division
Also known as the Valkyries. This will be our division for the PVP oriented player, to take the fight to the enemy and participate in fleet operations against our adversaries. Providing protection for our fleet members and other Federation citizens.

Maco
MACO are the special operators of the federation. We specialize in ground combat tactics with a particular focus on Starfleet Task Forces (raids) and Ground PvP.

Resources Department

Engineering division
This proud group of people will be entrusted with the construction and design of our starships and starbases. They will be the invaluable backbone behind the might of the 12th fleet developing new ways to defend ourselves and strike back at our foes.

Command Department

Section 31
The information gathered and analyzed by these officers will play a crucial role in dictating the operations and policy of our fleet. They will be our eyes and ears and the first to spot any potential problems.

Diplomacy
These officers have the sworn duty to uphold the principals of Starfleet and the Federation when dealing with other fleets and potential allies. They will conduct themselves to the best of their abilities when dealing with friends and foes.

JAG
These proud men and woman have the honour of assisting their fellow fleet members when there is a problem be it inside or outside the fleet. They will be the keepers of justice. Look out for potential hazards we might face in the future and mediate in disputes.

Jag and Diplomacy are mainly filled with people currently in the fleet, if you wish to be in these put on your application that you wish to do so by checking these as well, and you may be lucky and get straight in.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2010
    Bump for the cooperation 12th Fleet member Khajjah gave us last night while running The Infected. His leadership and direction were astounding, as well as some of the tricks he showed us. Thx.

/B2
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Be2 wrote:
    Bump for the cooperation 12th Fleet member Khajjah gave us last night while running The Infected. His leadership and direction were astounding, as well as some of the tricks he showed us. Thx.

/B2

Some of the "tricks" Khajjah has could probably scare some people! lol
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    ah yes our beloved Khajjah...and his tribbles

how is everyone today?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Morning, 12th! How is everyone on this fine Monday (at least where I am) morning?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    i am really pleased, spent the morning updating loads of stuff (and doing this) after yesterdays meeting

i should also mention that Ahanu helped with this quite a lot
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Sounds like another day at the office for our Recruitment Overlord :p
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    haha exactly, i think i am the only admiral that enjoys the admin stuff lol
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    At least someone does :)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    haha, i dont need to be thrown under the bus...i throw myself
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, that bus can be pretty heavy, but it could be worse.

You could be a peon Lieutenant like myself. I have to shine shoes on my off time :p
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    speaking of which....

MUSH...I WANT TO SEE MY FACE IN THOSE!

:P
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    *scrub* *scrub* *scrub*

*huff puff*

You could eat offa those, sir! *salutes smartly*
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Excellent post Firix. It's good to see an active recruitment thread again. I missed the one from before launch.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    i wonder...
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Yeah, great job on cleaning this up and making it clearer who we are. You're doing a great job there Admiral.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    lol haha i...through my awesomeness and ingenuity found our old thread lol

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=23686
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Nice find Firix!

LOL, Artelron would have the last three posts in that thread and they are all funny. He must have been knocking back some Romulan Ale when he was typing those up.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    most likely :P
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Someone better share that Romulan Ale!

I use it purely for medicinal purposes...yeah, that's it.

It goes great in cures for Orion Slave Girl diseases......
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Ah! I see the new topic is up now. ^_^
    Might take some time to get it back to the same amount of posts as the old one lol.

Well I'm about to sign off for now, might as well get some early sleep today. :D
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    See ya, Nishka!

I'm about to pop off myself. Leaving the office and heading for the homestead.

(They are absolutely CORRECT about it being 5 o'clock somewhere!)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Ugh.. I wasn't sleepy enough yet, so I decided to shovel some more paperwork on our own forums lol. Cut down on 3 more stickies in Fleet talk now and we might lose another one tomorrow, after that it's gonna be hard to lose more stickies though. Only see room to ditch 1 other but other then that we finally have some control again on the runaway stickies. :p
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Stickies, they are like tribbles (vice versa in Khajjah's case) you have one, look away, and there are now 12 :P
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    If you are looking for a fleet the 12th is for you. This is a great group that will help anyone that asks. Active comms, helpful members, and a friendly bunch, what more can you ask for!

Best decision I made since starting to play STO.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    and 12th have meeeeeeee :D
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Bump for the 12th Fleet!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Busy day at work today but I'll be online again tonight. Don't have anything special planned atm though, but if we get enough ppl on then maybe we can do the cure or something?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    unfortunately i have work :(

although money is nice...
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Base fleet training now complete, about the head for the Romulan border. We could use good Captains dedicated to the ideals and traditions of Star Fleet and the Federation.

"Now is the time for greatness to arise. For it is only in the fires of turmoil that the steel of a man's will may be hardened."
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Base fleet training now complete, about the head for the Romulan border. We could use good Captains dedicated to the ideals and traditions of Star Fleet and the Federation.

"Now is the time for greatness to arise. For it is only in the fires of turmoil that the steel of a man's will may be hardened."

Nice quote. Who said that?

Speaking of The Cure, I still need to run The Infected. LOL. Guess I'll get around to it one day.

Now, where'd my R-Ale roll off to? :cool: