test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Capulet...

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    hort_wort wrote: »
    Soooo you're saying I have to get a Persona game? I've been told this before.... What should I go for ? Persona 3 FES or Persona 4? I haven't played any of em.

Yes, I'm quoting myself.....
    I'm leaning towards 4 right now. It reads a bit better and isn't as long. I start getting annoyed by games at the 40 hour mark, I don't think I'd ever finish 3. This one I stand a chance though.

edit: Daggumit! Why do I always post at the same time as other people!!? auuruughghh!!
    edited August 2010
    Persona 3 is grimmer and darker, and I mean very grimmer and darker. I mean you release your power by shooting yourself in the head. But it has it's moments of humor, especially Operation Babe Hunt. I personally prefer Persona 3 over Persona 4. Persona 3 also has Elizabeth, the awesomeness of whom cannot be understated.

The characters I think are a bit more balanced in this game in terms of abilities. There are no outright useless characters. Some have less use then others, like Ken, but in areas where there are a lot of 'light' vulnerable enemies Ken is a real treat to have.

Despite there being just one real 'dungeon' in the game, namely Tartarus, the random map generator keeps things interesting. The boss fights every 10-15 floors also make things interesting.

I would recommend Persona 3 Portable if you have a PSP over FES actually, as in FES you can give orders to your team but sometimes they will do something stupid like cast charm spells when you NEED them to cast heal spells. Mitsuru is notorious for doing this. FES contains a playable epilogue (The Answer) that adds a few more hours to gameplay.

Persona 4 is more light hearted, almost like an episode of Scooby Doo for a good portion of the game. Persona 4 brings on many laughs and could possibly create some interesting memes like 'The penguin is the secret animal cracker'...which comes up several times over the course of the game. It has it's serious moments as well, but is not nearly as dark as Persona 3. Persona 4 also has Teddie, who is insane. People either luv the spacebearthing or hate him, there is no in between.

In Persona 4 I found myself just picking the same party every time. Kanji, Chie, and Naoto became completely useless after Teddie joins the party. Kanji being too specialized in physical attacks and more enemies having resistances to physical attacks, Chie for also specializing in physical attack abilities...but lacking the HP or Strength to make them effective, and Naoto for specializing in Almighty damage which deals the same damage as normal attacks but costs at least four times as much SP to use.

There are more dungeons providing greater background variation as well as a few maddening puzzles, but there are fewer 'boss fights' to spice things up then in Persona 3.

But both are definitely worth playing through.
    edited August 2010
    Thanks for the writeup. Hmmmmmmmmm..... Dark, eh? While that's great for some, I tend to like my games more lighthearted. I do appreciate good character balance, though. Gosh, this is really tough. I'm assuming the amount of character development is about the same for both games? That's usually the biggest point for me, I need strong personalities. Still leaning towards 4 at this point, if only to avoid the gun-to-the-head imagery. I don't need that.

Oh, hi cappy! Sorry if me screenshotting that snippet of conversation earlier bugged you, it just really tickled my funny bone! <-- another of my creepy expressions
    edited August 2010
    Ravenstein wrote: »

Capulet Arcana? Oooo ok I am sold....Persona 3 here i come!
    edited August 2010
    Capulet.

Let's run away together.

I promise not to murder you and wear your skin like a Capulet suit until at least the third date.
    edited August 2010
    Capulet.

Let's run away together.

I promise not to murder you and wear your skin like a Capulet suit until at least the third date.

How romantic. Sorry somebody already made that promise to me at the alter.
    edited August 2010
    Capulet wrote: »

A minor obstacle!
    edited August 2010
    A minor obstacle!

Excuse me mistress, is this "gentleman" bothering you? :D
    edited August 2010
    Nothing a blunt objection won't fix, especially after a blunt object.
    edited August 2010
    Excuse me mistress, is this "gentleman" bothering you? :D

I concur with Winters. I will be more than happy to...err...."Duff" him up for you! ;)
    edited August 2010
    MGDawson wrote: »
    I concur with Winters. I will be more than happy to...err...."Duff" him up for you! ;)

Will you now, Newbie?

*staredown*
    edited August 2010
    Will you now, Newbie?

*staredown*

:) Now look at that Hazard thinks he's scary
    edited August 2010
    Will you now, Newbie?

*staredown*

How do you stare somebody down wearing a full helmet? Well unless you're The Stig
    edited August 2010
    How do you stare somebody down wearing a full helmet? Well unless you're The Stig

I dunno - that one lense stare can be awfully intimidating.

Worked for Shockwave.
    edited August 2010
    Nothing a blunt objection won't fix, especially after a blunt object.

As Margaret Atwood once said, a blunt object after another blunt object is power.
    edited August 2010
    hort_wort wrote: »
    Thanks for the writeup. Hmmmmmmmmm..... Dark, eh? While that's great for some, I tend to like my games more lighthearted. I do appreciate good character balance, though. Gosh, this is really tough. I'm assuming the amount of character development is about the same for both games? That's usually the biggest point for me, I need strong personalities. Still leaning towards 4 at this point, if only to avoid the gun-to-the-head imagery. I don't need that.

Yeah both games have great character development. And if you don't like dark games, then you may not like Persona 3. I cried the first time I saw the ending to that. And when Shinjiro died. And when Akihiko made a big speech afterwards at Shinjiro's memorial service. And then when Chidori died. So yeah, if you don't like dark games, Persona 3 may not be for you.

But Persona 4, like I said, is almost like Scooby Doo at times.
    edited August 2010
    Awe look what i found on google searching for Kimiko
    edited August 2010
    Ravenstein wrote: »
    I cried the first time I saw the ending to that.

Ugh. Yeah, I'm totally out. I cry too much for a guy already. In fact............ no, nevermind. Big nevermind.
    Awe look what i found on google searching for Kimiko

Heeeyyyyyyy I think I might just know the person who posted that ~_o
    edited August 2010
    You, 10 Forward is so insane it is infecting Google :D
    edited August 2010
    You, 10 Forward is so insane it is infecting Google :D

Actually I posted it at some point.

Yep, 2/14 I posted a link to that image. And it is still in my Photobucket.
    edited August 2010
    damn i my typos rained in on that 1. you was supposed to be Yup >.>
    edited August 2010
    Morning Cappy.
    edited August 2010
    Apologies for the double post, but it slipped to page 2! :eek:
    edited August 2010
    Good Morning to all of the members of the High Church of Capulet
    edited August 2010
    And another save from page 2. :cool:
    edited August 2010
    Question, if I may. What is the belief structure of the Church of Capulet? You seem very devout followers.
    edited August 2010
    Question, if I may. What is the belief structure of the Church of Capulet? You seem very devout followers.

Oh it's very easy. What ever Capulet says is taken as gospel, or she shall use her Sonic Mallett in her wrathful anger uipon those who dare disagree with her.
    edited August 2010
    Oh it's very easy. What ever Capulet says is taken as gospel, or she shall use her Sonic Mallett in her wrathful anger uipon those who dare disagree with her.

Which might explain my frequent trips to the repair bay to get the dents in my superstructure pounded out... :p
    edited August 2010
    I see. So it's "Do what I say or pain."

Much like my church, The Orthodox Church of the Fire Panel Reformed. Ours is "Answer me or annoyance."
    edited August 2010
    Capulet is known as being an Alpha and an Omega type personality. She giveth (not much) and she taketh away (all the friggin time!)

I'll be right back I have Volcanos I have to sacrifice to Virgin's in her name
This discussion has been closed.