test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Capulet...

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You still under us Cappy? I can't get up with Saint laying on me in his stoopid spes soot.
    edited May 2010
    It ess not a spess soot, sah! It ess a soot uv Spess Mehreen powah ahmah! Craftehd by theh Adehptuss Mechahnicuss on Mahs, and maintehned by ouwah chaptah's own Techmehreens! Show some respect-ah!
    edited May 2010
    Why are you talking like Cultist-chan?
    edited May 2010
    It ess not a spess soot, sah! It ess a soot uv Spess Mehreen powah ahmah! Craftehd by theh Adehptuss Mechahnicuss on Mahs, and maintehned by ouwah chaptah's own Techmehreens! Show some respect-ah!

*fail* get off! GET OFF!
    edited May 2010
    Ravenstein wrote: »
    Why are you talking like Cultist-chan?

Force Commander Indrick Boreale. :rolleyes:
    edited May 2010
    Get off! Get your soot covered carcass off me! *punt fail*
    edited May 2010
    edited May 2010

You know, with the exception of the Orks, Tau and Space Marines Who Are Not Indrick Boreale, the first Dawn of War game and its expansions had some really terrible voice acting. :rolleyes:

I guess the Sisters were okay.
    edited May 2010
    You know, with the exception of the Orks, Tau and Space Marines Who Are Not Indrick Boreale, the first Dawn of War game and its expansions had some really terrible voice acting. :rolleyes:

I guess the Sisters were okay.

I liked the Guardsmen. With the exception of totally cool but annoying sounding Psykers. They totally sounded like what I was expecting.
    edited May 2010
    I liked the Guardsmen. With the exception of totally cool but annoying sounding Psykers. They totally sounded like what I was expecting.

I did not.

They apparently all had ridiculous sounding British accents. What's with that?

And yeah, the Psyker was pretty annoying. Priests weren't much better, but they liked to exhale a lot while speaking.

I remember Commissars sounding pretty cool, but other than that...

But Chaos was absolutely ridiculous sounding, to the point of being downright narmy. "METAL BOXES NOOOO" didn't help their case much.

The Eldar were okay, if a bit watered down and stereotypically "mysterious" sounding.

Naturally, the Necrons were boring as hell, being that they made no sound at all, which is canon, but still boring.

Edit: Just remembered Techpriest Enginseers as well. God, that nasal voice. Made me honestly kind of angry when they started talking.
    edited May 2010
    Well in the future everyone will have a vaguely British accent with the exceptions of Valhallans, Vorstroyans, Kriegers, Catachans, and Armageddonites.
    edited May 2010
    CAPULET!!!!!

hi...
    edited May 2010
    Well in the future everyone will have a vaguely British accent with the exceptions of Valhallans, Vorstroyans, Kriegers, Catachans, and Armageddonites.

And, apparently, Space Marines. And disciples of Chaos. So, if you're human, you're good to go, until you join the Guard. Then you have to start talking in a ridiculous British accent.

...yes. That makes sense. :rolleyes:
    edited May 2010
    I'd do it. Sounds fun. Too bad they didn't have any girls in the DoW Guard...
    edited May 2010
    sacerd wrote: »
    CAPULET!!!!!

hi...

Sorry, Cappy is unable to answer atm. Some one in a stupid pink spess soot is still laying on us all, discussing accents with the beautiful Ravenstein.
    edited May 2010
    Mphfl Struphfl bubfl!
    edited May 2010
    Capulet wrote: »
    Mphfl Struphfl bubfl!

What was that? Get off of us, Hazard!
    edited May 2010
    Mornin Cappy.

May I remind you some of us didn't pile on you?

just sayin'...

*sips coffee*
    edited May 2010
    I'd do it. Sounds fun. Too bad they didn't have any girls in the DoW Guard...

Hey, you could always be a Nun with a Gun. The Sisters are pretty badass. :D

Also, mornin' Cappy!
    edited May 2010

Also, mornin' Cappy!

*perk* Nuns with Guns? Now that does sound badass
    edited May 2010
    Vrano wrote:
    *perk* Nuns with Guns? Now that does sound badass

Sisters of Battle.

40k Witch Hunters codex
    edited May 2010
    Nice concept
    edited May 2010
    Space Marines are still awesomer.
    edited May 2010
    Nah, spess mahreenz have no TRIBBLE.
    edited May 2010
    Vrano wrote:
    Nah, spess mahreenz have no TRIBBLE.

Good point. And a power armor-sporting, flamethrower-wielding, very angry Battle Nun may not be genetically and cybernetically enhanced like a Spess Mehreen, but she can still kick your TRIBBLE and then some.

Plus, the Sisters (and the Ecclesiarchy and Ministorum in general) have some of the best 40k quotes, especially from the Dawn of War series.

"Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition; for what one won't cure, the other will!" -Sisters quote from 40k fluff

"A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time!" -Confessor quote from Dawn of War (and fluff)

"I am not asking for your blood. I can take your blood. I am asking for your souls. Only you can give me your souls." -Confessor quote from 40k fluff

"Sing the hymns of the Ecclesiarchy!" -Sisters battlecry from Dawn of War
    edited May 2010
    There is nothing more dangerous in this world than a fanatic. These gals would definately fit within the religious fanaticism, and when you face someone who, by force of will, fears no death, vs. being engineered to be a battle machine, they will not stop until either they are dead, or you are dead.

That is sexy.
    edited May 2010
    Vrano wrote:
    There is nothing more dangerous in this world than a fanatic. These gals would definately fit within the religious fanaticism, and when you face someone who, by force of will, fears no death, vs. being engineered to be a battle machine, they will not stop until either they are dead, or you are dead.

That is sexy.

Hell yeah it is. 'Course, Spess Mehreens have a deep-rooted faith in the Emperor via daily prayer and meditation and the ever-watching eye of their battle company's Chaplain. The brainwashing when they're recruited initially doesn't hurt either. :D

It's actually not uncommon for fasting and prayer to be used to atone for lax rituals (such as shooting at an unarmed or false target), minor heresies (doubting your commander), and such. "Sergeant, assign yourself ten days of fasting and prayer for lax weapon maintenance rituals." "Yes, Captain."

Faith in the Holy God-Emperor of Man is kind of what drivers the Imperium, in general. ;)
    edited May 2010

Also, mornin' Cappy!

That reminds me of the drug and weapons dealing Sister from Black Lagoon. (:
    edited May 2010
    These Nuns with Guns?

And good morning all!
    edited May 2010
    Good morning Capulet!
This discussion has been closed.