test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Capulet...

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Don't blame me, I voted 3rd party. Although I was surprised when Obama won Indiana.
    edited May 2010
    that whole election was rigged >.> setup from day 1
    edited May 2010
    I'm gonna run in 2020, purely internet campaign.....
    edited May 2010
    Ravenstein wrote: »
    Don't blame me, I voted 3rd party. Although I was surprised when Obama won Indiana.

And that was by what, a .9% difference? Something like that? Both our home states are becoming more moderate - both used to lean much more heavily towards the right. Yours is making quicker progress than mine, though. Can't say I'm complaining, though, since I take a more moderate stance myself.
    edited May 2010
    Good Morning you fiery red-head! Have you malleted anyone lately?
    edited May 2010
    *yawn*

Afternoon, Cappy. I've just had lunch, time for a nap at work....

*snores*
    edited May 2010
    And that was by what, a .9% difference? Something like that? Both our home states are becoming more moderate - both used to lean much more heavily towards the right. Yours is making quicker progress than mine, though. Can't say I'm complaining, though, since I take a more moderate stance myself.

Keep an eye on Texas this year. While Rick Perry may look like a shoe-in for Governor again, Bill White, ex mayor of Houston, and a blue dog Dem, may pull an upset. I have met Bill, and he is a pretty quiet, down to earth guy. When he was elected Mayor twice, it was with 80%+ majority against his opponents, who rarely broke 10%. So, this guy has bipartisan support, as well as a large, large block of independent voters. So, you may see an 'upset' in Texas, though those that are paying attention to things won't be really suprised.
    edited May 2010
    Good Morning Cappy. Time for some malletting of these hippies :)
    edited May 2010
    Good morning all. Raven has turned into a japanime Queen of Hearts (OFF with her head!) and no, no mallets just yet. >.>
    edited May 2010
    Howdy howdy Ms. Cappy
    edited May 2010
    Capulet wrote: »
    Good morning all. Raven has turned into a japanime Queen of Hearts (OFF with her head!) and no, no mallets just yet. >.>

Awwww?!?! I was hoping for some hippy malletting today Cappy

/shuffles off into a corner
    edited May 2010

Not just any anime character, but Haruhi Suzumiya, the reality warping, god-like ultra-director, supersleuth, Admiral, and leader of the SOS Brigade!

Haven't you seen The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya?
    edited May 2010
    Not just any anime character, but Haruhi Suzumiya, the reality warping, god-like ultra-director, supersleuth, Admiral, and leader of the SOS Brigade!

Haven't you seen The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya?

I keep seeing you reference it. Like, all the time. What in the hell is it?

An anime, I'm guessing?
    edited May 2010
    I keep seeing you reference it. Like, all the time. What in the hell is it?

An anime, I'm guessing?

Yes, an anime series.

Basic plot is a regular guy named Kyon meets a strange girl named Haruhi Suzumiya. Haruhi is 'not interested in ordinary humans' and wants to do extraordinary things like you see on TV shows. Especially the crazy anime series that have magical girls, giants robots, strange mysteries, and all that.

In talking with Haruhi, Kyon accidentally gives Haruhi the idea to start a club dedicated to making strange things occur and then investigating them. Haruhi proceeds to form a club called the SOS Brigade and forces Kyon, the quiet and unemotional Yuki Nagato, the well endowed and helplessly cute Mikuru Asahina, and the mysterious transfer student Itsuki Koizumi to join upon pain of death. The club has been meticulously built to attract strangeness because everyone knows to attract strange things you need an intrepid leader, a seemingly normal guy to do all the grunt work, an unemotional girl, a cute girl, and a mysterious transfer student.

Then the strange stuff starts happening. To Kyon. First the three other club members reveal themselves to be an alien, a time traveler, and a psychic who represent organizations that are monitoring Haruhi because they have reason to believe that she is able to subconsciously warp reality to suit her needs. Then his classmates attack Kyon with knives. Then Haruhi gets bored. When Haruhi gets bored, strange things start happening to the world to entertain her. If she gets bored/upset enough, she may even destroy the world and rebuild it in a more interesting form. All the while, Haruhi doesn't notice all the strange stuff going on or writes it off as 'normal'.

Meanwhile, Kyon just wants to get with cute redhead time traveler. And survive.

The series is largely a humor series that will parody anything and everything, especially other anime series. But it also has some cute romantic and social subplots going on.
    edited May 2010
    Yes, an anime series.

Basic plot is a regular guy named Kyon meets a strange girl named Haruhi Suzumiya. Haruhi is 'not interested in ordinary humans' and wants to do extraordinary things like you see on TV shows. Especially the crazy anime series that have magical girls, giants robots, strange mysteries, and all that.

In talking with Haruhi, Kyon accidentally gives Haruhi the idea to start a club dedicated to making strange things occur and then investigating them. Haruhi proceeds to form a club called the SOS Brigade and forces Kyon, the quiet and unemotional Yuki Nagato, the well endowed and helplessly cute Mikuru Asahina, and the mysterious transfer student Itsuki Koizumi to join upon pain of death. The club has been meticulously built to attract strangeness because everyone knows to attract strange things you need an intrepid leader, a seemingly normal guy to do all the grunt work, an unemotional girl, a cute girl, and a mysterious transfer student.

Then the strange stuff starts happening. To Kyon. First the three other club members reveal themselves to be an alien, a time traveler, and a psychic who represent organizations that are monitoring Haruhi because they have reason to believe that she is able to subconsciously warp reality to suit her needs. Then his classmates attack Kyon with knives. Then Haruhi gets bored. When Haruhi gets bored, strange things start happening to the world to entertain her. If she gets bored/upset enough, she may even destroy the world and rebuild it in a more interesting form. All the while, Haruhi doesn't notice all the strange stuff going on or writes it off as 'normal'.

The series is largely a humor series that will parody anything and everything, especially other anime series. But it also has some cute romantic and social subplots going on.

So, what political interpretation would you think the writer of this series is trying to make? You know that in America we need to politicize everything.
    edited May 2010
    Vrano wrote:
    So, what political interpretation would you think the writer of this series is trying to make? You know that in America we need to politicize everything.

Haruhi herself is like one big 'Just be Yourself' after school special that has taken copious amounts of caffeine and forces other people to bend to her will...

So...Libertarian?

And rock shows, bunny girls with AK-47s, epic space battles, giant monsters, computer viruses that kidnap people, knife wielding schoolgirls, murder mysteries, baseball games for the fate of the universe, and an entire episode dedicated to space heaters.
    edited May 2010
    Raven you already know my Anime watching is more than a smidge behind you. Another title to add to my shopping list.
    edited May 2010
    Yes, an anime series.

Haruhi herself is like one big 'Just be Yourself' after school special that has taken copious amounts of caffeine and forces other people to bend to her will...

So...Libertarian?

And rock shows, bunny girls with AK-47s, epic space battles, giant monsters, computer viruses that kidnap people, knife wielding schoolgirls, murder mysteries, baseball games for the fate of the universe, and an entire episode dedicated to space heaters.

That actually genuinely sounds like a story I'd be interested in.

I may look that one up.

I think I need your help identifying not-incredibly-stupid anime to watch in my spare time, I feel like I'm missing out what with all the references you drop in our conversations.
    edited May 2010
    Yes, an anime series.

Does Raven have an Anime dedicated thread? I'd be up for discussing some anime around here. I'm pretty picky when it comes to the series I have watched and liked though. I'm a very dedicated CLAMP fanboi just for starters. CardCaptor Sakura, Tsubasa Chronicle, Chobits, etc. Trigun was a non-CLAMP series I liked quite and there are a few more.
    edited May 2010
    That actually genuinely sounds like a story I'd be interested in.

I may look that one up.

I think I need your help identifying not-incredibly-stupid anime to watch in my spare time, I feel like I'm missing out what with all the references you drop in our conversations.
    JCSWW wrote: »
    Does Raven have an Anime dedicated thread? I'd be up for discussing some anime around here. I'm pretty picky when it comes to the series I have watched and liked though. I'm a very dedicated CLAMP fanboi just for starters. CardCaptor Sakura, Tsubasa Chronicle, Chobits, etc. Trigun was a non-CLAMP series I liked quite and there are a few more.

No dedicated anime thread, however we may need one. Those interested can give recommendations and reviews of what to watch, what not to watch, and all that.

My personal leanings are toward magical girl and humor series with a minor in sci-fi/giant robots.
    edited May 2010
    No dedicated anime thread, however we may need one. Those interested can give recommendations and reviews of what to watch, what not to watch, and all that.

My personal leanings are toward magical girl and humor series with a minor in sci-fi/giant robots.

Now we need a new conversation to help push this thread to 2000. Did anyone see the new Robin Hood? I've heard mixed reviews.
    edited May 2010

So where do the giant space ships of various sizes and weaponary fit into that? :)
    edited May 2010
    Now we need a new conversation to help push this thread to 2000. Did anyone see the new Robin Hood? I've heard mixed reviews.

3 words: Occasional Irish Accent.

No lie. Brother went to see it.

And speaking of films, I can't wait to see Toy Story 3. I watched them at the 'pictures' many moons ago, plus they're repeated a lot.
    edited May 2010
    /throws sticky pillows in front of Cappy to slow her down

Afternoon Cappy!!!!
    edited May 2010
    sticky pillows? where do you get those?
    edited May 2010
    Snake509 wrote: »
    sticky pillows? where do you get those?

We don't ask Winters questions like that. We just avoid the sticky pillows at all costs.
    edited May 2010
    /throws sticky pillows in front of Cappy to slow her down

Afternoon Cappy!!!!
    Ew! *runs away*
    edited May 2010
    Ew! *runs away*

Funny, my wife has the same, exact reaction when I do sticky pillows to her. Hmmm.
    edited May 2010
    Damn, dude. That's about as subtle as the one about the bagel and the hot dog...
    edited May 2010
    Damn, dude. That's about as subtle as the one about the bagel and the hot dog...

pillows, hotdogs, bagels...Winters is there nothing safe from your impulses??!
This discussion has been closed.