What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Idea: Android For Lifers!

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    So the lifers are going to keep going on and on about more rweards they should get , not to mention creating a even bigger divide.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    How about Androids as an unlockable race once you reach Admiral rank? That would be even better than lifer subs. Besides, the lifer exclusives are now over.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Funny.. you can make ANYTHING in that "alien" tab.

I know many androids. Some of my best friends are androids.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Shayde wrote: »
    Funny.. you can make ANYTHING in that "alien" tab.

I know many androids. Some of my best friends are androids.

Yeah I find it funny too for much the same reason. Can do quite alot with Aliens.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I vote no to sentient androids... there were very limited in all of the Trek universe... for good reasons.

:eek:
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I don't like Android. Java based OS? eww... Can I get an iPad instead? I'm no fan of Apple, but at least the iPad's OS and applications are native to the cpu.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Androids would be terrific, but we don't need more parts of the game for some people and not others.

I agree. Speaking for myself only, I've already received more than enough perks for being a lifer. I'd rather all these things are open and available to everyone to enjoy.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    dstahl wrote: »
    True Side Story...

After working the PAX booth for close to 30 hours straight, a fan came to the booth and very politely asked me if we would ever allow players to play "androids" - to which I said, "No way. You can't be an android!" and then went on to describe why that would be incredibly broken.

Looking a bit sad, then they asked if we would allow players to play EMHs, to which I responded "Sure, I don't see a problem with that."

Ever since then, the internal joke to any question having to do with androids is "NO WAY. YOU CAN'T BE AN ANDROID!"

So... this thread made me laugh and I wanted to come in here and say....

YOU CAN'T BE AN ANDROID!

:D

(well at least until we make them available)

LMAO, I had to read that a couple of times to get it.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Comment removed
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Fewzz wrote: »
    So SOME OF!!!!!!! the lifers are going to keep going on and on about more rweards they should get , not to mention creating a even bigger divide.

I fixed that for you.

Please stop generalizing. I challenge you to find a post I as a lifer have made where I have said that everyone should not have access to everything we already have.

Or you can just read what I just posted...
    Speaking for myself only, I've already received more than enough perks for being a lifer. I'd rather all these things are open and available to everyone to enjoy.

Do you need me to increase the font size so you can understand that better?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Mr_Domino wrote: »
    I like the idea for a vet reward, but not just for lifers.

/Agree
    Mr_Domino wrote: »
    Course I also like the idea of the Captain's Table eventually becoming a vet reward.

/Disagree

Lifers do not need any more exclusive extras. We should be glad the Devs gave us what they did, not expect to get more. Anything further should be tied to a Veteran's Reward system, which we would qualify for automatically anyway. This way everyone has an equal chance to earn any new perks.

Demanding more toys for lifers just creates more angst on the boards. I think we've had more than enough of that nonsense already.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Nictus wrote:
    There was even a cry for the option to turn vet rewards into a "bonus pack" that could be sold like the costume packs.

I think they eventually did do that.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I don't like Android. Java based OS? eww... Can I get an iPad instead? I'm no fan of Apple, but at least the iPad's OS and applications are native to the cpu.

Shouldn't that be iPADD? :D
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Lifers have received enough perks. Androids should be a C-Store playable race and a rare drop BO in the game.

I like the idea of an "Android Playable Race" available through the C-Store so that anyone can get it.

Lifers only would be a huge mistake, there is enough division in this game already.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Not for lifers, but Android BO's would be a sweet Veteran's Reward.

I like this idea.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Any further traction to this?

I'd play an adroid if I could have one as a playable captain. Even if I had to buy it from the C-Store.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Make it a vet reward, not a lifer reward. And dont just make it a available robot, give us a mission to find the parts to build it.
    example, a series of missions where your salvaging scrap wreks and settlements on distance palnets, for one part we might have to go to a borg hive to find something for it. You get the idea.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    dstahl wrote: »
    True Side Story...

After working the PAX booth for close to 30 hours straight, a fan came to the booth and very politely asked me if we would ever allow players to play "androids" - to which I said, "No way. You can't be an android!" and then went on to describe why that would be incredibly broken.

Looking a bit sad, then they asked if we would allow players to play EMHs, to which I responded "Sure, I don't see a problem with that."

Ever since then, the internal joke to any question having to do with androids is "NO WAY. YOU CAN'T BE AN ANDROID!"

So... this thread made me laugh and I wanted to come in here and say....

YOU CAN'T BE AN ANDROID!

:D

(well at least until we make them available)

Haha Cool story Brah--- So if i was there I would throw your stapler off your desk in a joking manner and make you explain to me how an emh is any different than an android... hahaha

<3
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I like the idea of Androids but would implement them differently...

I would like to see some sort of a system introduced where you find items randomly through out the the game that would could be assembled into useful items, tools, or bridge officers. Collecting Android Arms, legs, torso, and head will give you an unlock option for an Android BO. Collecting the lost journals of Sarek would give your Vulcan officers a slight increase in thier skills. Uncovering evidence of Kirk's illegitimate children would up your toon's sex appeal....well maybe we'll pass on that one.

It would be a nice way to revamp the exploration missions.

A few examples:
    1. Have a piece of a collection hidden in the run and scan missions, maybe in the last probe you find.
    2. Have collection pieces hidden in derelict ships (could even be done in PVP missions). Does it make sense that you'd stop from time to time to check on a damaged or possibly destroyed ship? Not only could you discover collections but officers, ship equipment, weapons, new mission triggers, etc.
    3. Collections could be earned by completing missions in under 5 minutes, by vaporizing x number of ground forces during a mission, or by finding an object hidden in a current map.

Collections should not be easily given and should be rare. Odds of getting a collection drop would decrease by increasing difficulty, mission type, and by teaming with other players.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    if no androids......

I propose......

..... zombies.

• Options
    edited July 2010
    First thing first, Caitian bofs. I was hoping they would be added same time as playable Caitians, but to no avail. Also I have a friend looking for a Benzite bof, which also seems to not exist. As for bonuses, I think maybe an Android bof, or another unique bof should be added and given to players either lifers or vet rewards. I would actually prefer the bof to be a Vet reward, maybe 500 day. As for lifers, I think they should give lifers access to Borg components they can add to THEIR character (captain onlyl not bofs) regardless of species. Not major component like the Liberated Borg have, by minor components. Like: cheek implants, the piece over they eye, borg exo parts over hand, etc. I would have settled for Captain's Table, but it seems like almost everything else that was "unique" it will soon be available to everyone (like preorders and Galaxy X).

One thing though, for either EMH bofs or Android bofs, make them full customizable (alien creator) so they can be any species, any gender.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The problem with an android BO is every crew would be 1 lib borg bo, 1 holographic bo, and an android.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    jennjahn wrote: »
    The problem with an android BO is every crew would be 1 lib borg bo, 1 holographic bo, and an android.

So the Android should be tactical... that settles it :p

My main Bridge Crew (as it has sat since Week 2 of game release)
    * Commander Karesh - Alien (Orion Female)
    * Commander Ichigo - Liberated Borg
    * Lt. Commander Arinqwi - Bolian
    * Lt. Commander Kaiako - Human
    * Lieutenant Misaki - Human
    * Commander Dara - Bolian
    * Commander Joblei - Trill (will replace with Caitian)
    * Commander Syton - Klingon
    * Commander Lenore - Vulcan
    * Lieutenant Anyth - Andorian

http://www.startrekonline.com/character_profiles/72521/view
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    ...and it never ends. perhaps all you lifers would like a cut of the games profits ,too:rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Krenn wrote: »
    ...and it never ends. perhaps all you lifers would like a cut of the games profits ,too:rolleyes:

Oooh, that would be nice.

:p
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Krenn wrote: »

HELL YEAH! Now we are talking!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    female android mmm hawt. Things id make that BO do :eek:
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Ayenn wrote:
    The original post almost seems like a flame fanning attempt. please delete this line if you quote me-- thanks

Sorry but your attempts failed lol
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
    :D:D:D:D
    please please please please
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    female android mmm hawt. Things id make that BO do :eek:

Now we all know why you can't be John Connor.
    The Metal would take over easily lol

Not that I would blaim you.:)