test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Idea: Android For Lifers!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
I like the bonuses for us lifers; but I thought of something that could sweeten the deal. Create Android BOs for Vets. The Android would have Android-only skills and would take up one BO space (like humanoid BOs), but can be a ANY officer. So your Android could serve as a TO, EO, or SO depending on your need for that particular mission. But the skills would still need to be spent based on your desires (android only has so much memory). Androids can be respeced at anytime with a cost of 10% of the skill points (sort of like losing corrupted memory). That way androids are unique, but they aren't totaly superior.

I like the captain's table, but without something unique there is little incentive for me to visit it over Earth Spacedock. Add a few exclusive items, weapons, and consoles. Also, you could give us access to unique ship labels (ala Lifer Comm Badge).

Just a thought.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Not for lifers, but Android BO's would be a sweet Veteran's Reward.
    edited March 2010
    No chance.

Its bad enough hearing the complaints from the cosmetic stuff LTS got. Custom BOs will be the cause of more tears...

Wait...

Actually, yeah do it Cryptic.
    edited March 2010
    Android for non-lifers!

For we pay money like androids every months.

What? :p
    edited March 2010
    I like the idea for a vet reward, but not for lifers.

Course I also like the idea of the Captain's Table eventually becoming a vet reward.
    edited March 2010
    hmmm, I forsee this thread going places :p
    edited March 2010
    Making it a vet award would work too. But this is supposed to be the future, where are all those Androids Data, aka B4, was supposed to be working on?
    edited March 2010
    Making it a vet award would work too. But this is supposed to be the future, where are all those Androids Data, aka B4, was supposed to be working on?

He built one. B4 wasn't built by him, and B4 became Data.

Sentient androids are not a commonplace thing in Trek.
    edited March 2010
    gymtime wrote: »
    hmmm, I forsee this thread going places :p
    Where like every other thread the past 24 hours has went. :p
    edited March 2010
    I support this idea.
    edited March 2010
    Chat wrote:
    Where like every other thread the past 24 hours has went. :p

Modded by Q in the most epic method ever.
    edited March 2010
    I dont support something like this. Fluff items are okay, but a bridge officer? C-store sure, perk no.
    edited March 2010
    tel_jaeden wrote: »
    I dont support something like this. Fluff items are okay, but a bridge officer? C-store sure, perk no.

Again, I say veterans reward.
    edited March 2010
    Modded by Q in the most epic method ever.
    Chat feels like giving Q a lick just to see if he tastes like the universe...
    edited March 2010
    Absolutely a great vet reward but it should be like the Liberated Borg. Something more special about it. Lib Borg was for those who got the lifetime sub before launch where Android would goto those who hit 20 months and stayed subscribed since launch. true 20 monther style hehe.
    edited March 2010
    Again, I say veterans reward.

which does not make sense. lifers get a little area that will be interesting for about 5 minutes then become a ghost town and blue forum names. A bridge officer is hardly a fluff item like that. I support veterans rewards, but just fluff items like what lifers got. An officer is hardly a fluff item since they bring unique abilities and strengths to your team.
    edited March 2010
    Even as a lifer, I would be wholly opposed to it being a lifer only thing. I think if they introduce android BOs that they be available to everyone without reserve.
    edited March 2010
    tel_jaeden wrote: »
    which does not make sense. lifers get a little area that will be interesting for about 5 minutes then become a ghost town and blue forum names. A bridge officer is hardly a fluff item like that. I support veterans rewards, but just fluff items like what lifers got. An officer is hardly a fluff item since they bring unique abilities and strengths to your team.

It would be no different than Amazon customers getting a Borg Bridge Officer. It could easily be balanced, and since it would be a veterans reward, everyone has the same chance at getting it, based solely on the amount of played time they have.
    edited March 2010
    I like the bonuses for us lifers; but I thought of something that could sweeten the deal. Create Android BOs for lifetime users. You can give every lifetime user one credit for a customizable Android Bridge Officer and the only place you can pick it up is at the Captain's Table. That way, you guarantee only lifers can have access. The Android would have Android-only skills and would take up one BO space (like humanoid BOs), but can be a ANY officer. So your Android could serve as a TO, EO, or SO depending on your need for that particular mission. But the skills would still need to be spent based on your desires (android only has so much memory). Androids can be respeced at anytime with a cost of 10% of the skill points (sort of like losing corrupted memory). That way androids are unique, but they aren't totaly superior.

I like the captain's table, but without something unique there is little incentive for me to visit it over Earth Spacedock. Add a few exclusive items, weapons, and consoles. Also, you could give us access to unique ship labels (ala Lifer Comm Badge).

Just a thought.

I don't like this concept because the monthly people will end up paying more in the long run for their continued dedication than a lifer would in the long run. I would however like to see androids, and I think they should be very rare so that seeing someone with one would be a real sight. Perhaps a particular achievement or mission or something, but not as a perk.
    edited March 2010
    Great idea for a 6 month vet reward. They can keep the Captain's Table for the Lifers... just give an Admiral's Table for the rest as an 12 month vet reward. :D
    edited March 2010
    I do believe that a vet reward, like CoX is a grand idea.

They could do a six month vet reward and maybe it could go like this:

6 - month Colored forum name
    12 - month Android BO
    18-month Free Skill retcon
    24 - month Either a uniqie hull design, or at least more color options or even a approved set of insignia for your ship?

Anyways, I think this would be a good opportunity to let this thread grow with ideas for the dev's to consider.

What say you?
    edited March 2010
    Chat wrote:
    Chat feels like giving Q a lick just to see if he tastes like the universe...

Knowing Q, he'd just lick you right back. And you wouldn't like it.

Seriously, though. Why is an omnipotent being monitoring this tiny, tiny forum? Is this like when he made the dinosaurs go extinct and got stuck babysitting the milky way?
    edited March 2010
    yes, female Data's
    edited March 2010
    How about cool Androids for all players?
    edited March 2010
    DixonHill wrote: »
    How about cool Androids for all players?

Thus, my idea of making it a vet reward.
    edited March 2010
    Sevensev wrote:
    yes, female Data's

Lal BOs ?
    I like it!

... as long as their positronic matrix holds up.
    edited March 2010
    This is a horrible idea. I cant even believe you would think up of something so selfish.

Your claim is that you make lifetimers have an in-game advantage over regular subscribers. Life time perks only have asthetic appeal and give nothing in the way of game play.

I shelled out $250 just so my forum name can be blue, but does that give me an advantage in the game over a regular one month subscriber? No. And it should be the same for this.

If you want an android BO to be able to take any spot consol on your ship, to give an in-game advantage, then you make it available to everyone.

Otherwise, if you really want it that bad, you just have an android follow you around on ground missions that does absolutly nothing, like the the Del Taco shuttle.
    edited March 2010
    Nictus wrote:
    12 - month Android BO
    24 - month Either a uniqie hull design, or at least more color options or even a approved set of insignia for your ship?

I like these. Though I'm sure people would like more than a colored forum name. But again, I like the Lifer Comm Badge, give us a unique hull color scheme as well or something. The comm badge is a little TOO subtle. I mean, those who played in Beta got a Borg Tribble, yet those who are footing the initial bill get a tiny decoration. (Not complaining, just pointing out)

Vet Awards I'd like to see:
    6 - month Romulan BO
    12 - month Android BO
    18-month Cardassian BO
    24 - month Jem'Hadar BO
    edited March 2010
    Edit: Or Could be a Vet Award. I was thinking about something a little more for those of us who shelled out the big bucks at the beginning.

We already got more than enough for our Lifetime Subscription.. however an Android BO would be cool as a Vet reward.
    edited March 2010
    Nictus wrote:
    I do believe that a vet reward, like CoX is a grand idea.

They could do a six month vet reward and maybe it could go like this:

12 - month Android BO

Anyways, I think this would be a good opportunity to let this thread grow with ideas for the dev's to consider.

What say you?

I think at 20 months vets should get access to all the perks lifers have as so far. But I really like the idea of giving an Android BOFF special for those who hit 20 months consecutively and joined at launch. That would make it special like the lib borg was.
    edited March 2010
    borg tribble was for playing on test server last weekend