Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    C-Shop? Certainly!

Vet Reward? Sounds good to me.

Lifetime bonus? No, we're good thanks.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I like these. Though I'm sure people would like more than a colored forum name. But again, I like the Lifer Comm Badge, give us a unique hull color scheme as well or something. The comm badge is a little TOO subtle. I mean, those who played in Beta got a Borg Tribble, yet those who are footing the initial bill get a tiny decoration.

Vet Awards I'd like to see:
    6 - month Romulan BO
    12 - month Android BO
    18-month Cardassian BO
    24 - month Jem'Hadar BO

I like! Or even better at 6 months you can choose Either a Romulan/Android/Cardasian/Jem'Hadar. then at 12 you can choose another BO or a/an unique insignia/hull etc... This way you have people who will play and continue to sub to get all the unique goodies.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Nictus wrote:
    I do believe that a vet reward, like CoX is a grand idea.

They could do a six month vet reward and maybe it could go like this:

6 - month Colored forum name
    12 - month Android BO
    18-month Free Skill retcon
    24 - month Either a uniqie hull design, or at least more color options or even a approved set of insignia for your ship?

Anyways, I think this would be a good opportunity to let this thread grow with ideas for the dev's to consider.

What say you?

I like :D.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    qultar wrote: »
    borg tribble was for playing on test server last weekend

Sorry, you are correct. I should have clarified.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I like your idea for an android BO that can switch to any class, but not really as a lifer reward.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I like your idea for an android BO that can switch to any class, but not really as a lifer reward.

I have no problem with it being a vet reward.

However, if I recall correctly, even in CoX people complained that all those vet rewards that were given to the faithful was "unfair" cause they would never probably ever get to that point in time of being "equal" in having the same amount of "goodies" as the longtime vets.

There was even a cry for the option to turn vet rewards into a "bonus pack" that could be sold like the costume packs. Just goes to show that even when they try to do things to appease all they still will always have someone who will not be content.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Maybe as the first 6 month vet reward for anyone who has 6 concurrent months of game time, but not for lifers only. Lifers have their rewards already.
    The original post almost seems like a flame fanning attempt. please delete this line if you quote me-- thanks
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ayenn wrote:
    Maybe as the first 6 month vet reward for anyone who has 6 concurrent months of game time, but not for lifers only. Lifers have their rewards already.
    The original post almost seems like a flame fanning attempt.

So, you want to give a reward to a group of people who, by the very nature of the amount of money they spent, don't support the game as much?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    True Side Story...

After working the PAX booth for close to 30 hours straight, a fan came to the booth and very politely asked me if we would ever allow players to play "androids" - to which I said, "No way. You can't be an android!" and then went on to describe why that would be incredibly broken.

Looking a bit sad, then they asked if we would allow players to play EMHs, to which I responded "Sure, I don't see a problem with that."

Ever since then, the internal joke to any question having to do with androids is "NO WAY. YOU CAN'T BE AN ANDROID!"

So... this thread made me laugh and I wanted to come in here and say....

YOU CAN'T BE AN ANDROID!

:D

(well at least until we make them available)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ayenn wrote:
    The original post almost seems like a flame fanning attempt. please delete this line if you quote me-- thanks

I'd be willing to go with six TOTAL months. I'd hate for someone to have to start over due to having to take a break for one reason or another. Of course, this wouldn't apply to lifers as our subscriptions
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I would like to be able to create both android and hologram BOs. A veteran reward of 12 months would seem fitting for it.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    dstahl wrote: »
    True Side Story...

After working the PAX booth for close to 30 hours straight, a fan came to the booth and very politely asked me if we would ever allow players to play "androids" - to which I said, "No way. You can't be an android!" and then went on to describe why that would be incredibly broken.

Looking a bit sad, then they asked if we would allow players to play EMHs, to which I responded "Sure, I don't see a problem with that."

Ever since then, the internal joke to any question having to do with androids is "NO WAY. YOU CAN'T BE AN ANDROID!"

YOU CAN'T BE AN ANDROID!

But can we have one as a pet? I promise to feed it! :cool:
  • Options
    edited March 2010

YOU CAN'T BE AN ANDROID!

so.... we're getting androids... eventually? WOOO:P:P cryptic love their hints: the breen one has sparked many debates in the captain's table
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    cmdrshran wrote: »
    so.... we're getting androids... eventually? cryptic love their hints: the breen one has sparked many debates in the captain's table

Oh I have no doubt this is about to set off an explosion of rumors and demands for andriod...lol! However, I think we need to take that statement about 'droid with a whole lot of salt. I'm not saying that this is not gonna happen, but I think this is gonna be one of those "bottom" of the list things.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Nictus wrote:
    Oh I have no doubt this is about to set off an explosion of rumors and demands for andriod...lol! However, I think we need to take that statement about 'droid with a whole lot of salt. I'm not saying that this is not gonna happen, but I think this is gonna be one of those "bottom" of the list things.

yeah, i was making a bit of a jokey comment there... i forget tone gets lost in text sometimes... think i'll include a :P to try and convey the meaning more clearly
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Oh, and I have no problem with making these vet awards buyable at some point after introduction. But as for the Android, I would definitly like to see them at some point, whether as a reward , purchase, or rank restricted officer (Captaion or Higher). Since Androids are uncommon in canon, I would hate to see them running around everywhere.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    How about a Purple Android Bridge Officer as a reward from a Story line mission. Data, B4, Lore, or Soong related. you could get choice of type and/or 'sex' both choices could include an undefined type as well.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    How about a Purple Android Bridge Officer as a reward from a Story line mission. Data, B4, Lore, or Soong related. you could get choice of type and/or 'sex' both choices could include an undefined type as well.

I think thats also a good idea too. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    EMH?! Awesome!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I am absolutely of the opinion that us Lifers have recieved more than enough special stuff.

From now on, any cool stuff should be for everyone. =)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    True Side Story...

YOU CAN'T BE AN ANDROID!

The big issue would be with hypo sprays, I think, as Data and other androids' powers seemed to go between super-hero abilities and liabilities to gags.

Does Data sink to the bottom of water or is he a flotation device? Is he bullet proof? Then why do arrows pierce him? I see the bottom line as being that he's on par with a particularly tough Vulcan or Klingon (whose abilities already fluctuated from story to story). I suppose I'd see him as someone who had Sturdy and Physical Strength and did traits respecs. (Keep in mind, in games like WoW, players can be a an Orc Shaman, for example, but the NPCs can multi-class. Likewise, you could argue that someone like Data took more than four traits whereas a player android would be closer to B4.)

Hypo sprays are simple. They use replicator tech to act as whatever chemical or treatment is needed, right? And, let's say, by now they inject via transporters, which explains why they can pierce skin?

Limited database replicator with the ability to use ultra short range transporter tech to bypass skin when jet injection isn't enough. And since androids are considered lifeforms, repair nanites which can approximate the effects of any drug are standard issue.

We have personal shields. We have mines and such we can pull out of a transporter pattern buffer. It just seems congruent with a world where androids and holograms with mobile emitters are now produced in larger numbers and have equal rights that hyposprays and similar objects have been upgraded to provide them with comparable benefits.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    If it's any consolation, that android wanted to be human.
  • Options
    edited March 2010

who would want B$ on their bridge? licking trocorders and crawling around and ****...
    oh wait, *looks at the the number of people from WOW here*
    nevermind...
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Neksis wrote:
    I am absolutely of the opinion that us Lifers have recieved more than enough special stuff.

From now on, any cool stuff should be for everyone. =)

hmmm, no.
    shinies for... us !
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Lifers have received enough perks. Androids should be a C-Store playable race and a rare drop BO in the game.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'd love to have an EMH bridge science officer like the one we get introduced to during the Tutorial. No matter what we do, even using the alien customization bit, we can't really emulate the photonic flickering the EMH would have - nor really get his default look right from memory.

If the Emergency Medical Hologram could be included in personel requisition, it'd be really swell.

Could also be a "Photonic Male Science Officer" if we'd use different jargon. Just as long as the presets would include the EMH one.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I think character race unlocks are a neat idea for Vet rewards, but brace for impact now about the QQing that will happen from people who just *HAVE* to be an Android from day one for their "immersion".

This will of course happen with anything you do except make everything available on day one, and that includes the stuff you left for later solely because there aren't enough hours in the day to make everything at release even if you hold the game for 10 extra years.

In my opinion things that large should be for large milestones, like the 12 month veteran reward.

Cryptic has plenty of time to decide what to do for vet rewards, though; if they do them they'll probably stay with the 3-month model that has worked for them in the past, the game isn't even two months old yet, and the 3-month reward should be tiny anyway, like a set of costume pieces or some non-iconic ship pieces. If they don't even add the rewards in for six months it won't be a big deal.

I don't think we lifers should be asking for more goodies; Cryptic's been more than generous with what they've given us. Let's focus on what they can do for everybody instead of asking for another pony.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Lifers have received enough perks. Androids should be a C-Store playable race and a rare drop BO in the game.

I personally agree.

I do think a vet rewards system would be nice. It may seem early but if you go with my idea of a loyalty rewards program for consecutive months' subs, it encourages people to stick it out through the rough patches and I think androids would be a great loyalty rewards incentive.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Just the thought of finally being able to officially be a photonic life-form aka Hologram in game instead of "alien" makes me so very very happy. I can only hope there will be something in the C-Store to allow me to change my race without having to recreate and relevel this character.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I've already been treating one of my Alien BOs as if she were an Android. The twitchy animation is pretty good for that. I guess I'd have to replace her if they came out with real androids BOs though.