Install Arc
Options

cuz i cant finish infected....

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Barador wrote:
    Are you going to stop playing the game because Coderanger posted that response?

If you are good riddance.

If not then it really doesnt matter you have turned your thread into another argument about nothing.

Not that it wasnt already.

The simple thing is they are making new content for all people just wait and see they cant do everything really quick making games takes time.

Yup, looks like some people just want a target to unleash their forum rage on, regardless of who it is. :rolleyes: And of all people, Coderanger is one of the most honest, no-spin reps/devs on the forums.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I have tried it twice night last night got some crazy lag which others were also getting so got disconnected and couldnt complete.
    Some of the trash mob sections you can get through without dying others theres just to many and the shield refresh and heals just arent good enough for the amount of damage you take i think they need to look at either the cooldown on these or make it a team heal shield refresh within a radius this would help with the trash mobs.

I like the mission but some people give up when they die once as they read nothing but negative feedback on the forums.

I dont think its to hard i just think the shield/heals are just not good enough for the amount of mobs.

The jumping i have no problem with not managed to get to the queen as everyone always gives up even with me try to build moral they still drop out then ya gotta find a filler and someone else leaves.

The timer on the shields is a bit harsh as they come up quick and sometimes you cant help it as your getting peppered from all sides and the guys in the middle can only hold so much agro then you all gotta bail and let the shield drop maybe you could add a panel on the inside of the sheild so people can open it maybe one on each side of the door so if theres 2 left theres stilla chance you can drop the shields and continue without all members having to come out.

I am not complaining though i like it and cant wait to get home tonight to give it another go i will not be assimilated! :D

You guys really need to give coderanger a break hes talking to us as if he was a player harking on about customer service is just nonsense i like his responses.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Macerx wrote: »
    Some of the trash mob sections you can get through without dying others theres just to many and the shield refresh and heals just arent good enough for the amount of damage you take i think they need to look at either the cooldown on these or make it a team heal shield refresh within a radius this would help with the trash mobs.

Then you're doing it wrong. ;)

Take out Borg Nodes before anything else since they spawn large waves of Borg Drones. If you get overwhelmed with a large wave, fall back a bit and pick them off one by one. Communication among your team is important for any MMO raid, and it's no different here. Yhere's no death penalty and the spawn points after death are not far away, so what's the problem other than bad strategy on your side?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    still doesn't look like any changes are being made to this on Tribble.. /sigh... so much for listening to your customers.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Really really really want this mission to be 'finishable' by any average person.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    DarKcS wrote: »
    Really really really want this mission to be 'finishable' by any average person.

Problem: it's not intended for the average person. We knew that, Cryptic knows that, we requested it, and Cryptic delivered. There's other content in-game for the "average person". And there will be additional end-game content for the average player in the future.
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Take out Borg Nodes before anything else since they spawn large waves of Borg Drones. If you get overwhelmed with a large wave, fall back a bit and pick them off one by one. Communication among your team is important for any MMO raid, and it's no different here. Yhere's no death penalty and the spawn points after death are not far away, so what's the problem other than bad strategy on your side?

Uh what? The nodes don't spawn anything, they just keep the drones from being killable.

If you're talking about the Proto Drones that pop up behind you spamming full auto assault, those are spawned by the cheap-TRIBBLE tactical drones.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    LordTareq wrote: »
    So while you are catering to a small minority of the more hardcore raiders, what can the rest and vast majority of your playerbase do in your game once they reach RA5? Are we supposed to just do the generally very poor "exploration" missions and the occasional pvp scenario? And when those no longer entertain us, what do we do then?
    :rolleyes:

What makes you think the vast majority can't complete this?

My fleetmates and I finished with a pug guy in the group second try.....it's really not that hard. Changing the difficulty to cater to a few people on the forums complaining would be a mistake. Maybe add some other content in I don't know but leave something in this game that is remotely a challenge.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    joseph001 wrote:
    well i had many attemps in doin the infected and no success yet lol , i believe it was not team work problem, but of course the first time i did it it was really team work problem...

but as i keep on doin the infected i noticed i get used to knocking the borg down, and team cooperation with anyone has improved since my 1st time doin it...

so, i kinda realized the longer i waste my time in the mission i enjoy it despite of the bugs and i got trapped many times in the shield generator, i was putting all my frustrations in killing the borg is like killing an cryptic staff member that developed the mission thats not doin anything to change it geeze the infected is like punishment..lol

I found the only way too do it was to use vent and find a chatty group.

Its a fun Mission but very hard and it should be . Its the Borg not pack of Tribbles, If anything the Borg are nerfed at the mo due to there being not main queen, I expect them to become a lot harder.

I ran with a Fleet so it was good fun.
    It did however take me 4 groups and 2 days to finish.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Problem: it's not intended for the average person. We knew that, Cryptic knows that, we requested it, and Cryptic delivered. There's other content in-game for the "average person". And there will be additional end-game content for the average player in the future.

then they need to release some content for the average player because as i've said before; what am I supposed to do at end game if there's nothing for me? do they not want my subscription or something?

(these are rhetorical questions)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Intrepidox wrote: »
    then they need to release some content for the average player because as i've said before; what am I supposed to do at end game if there's nothing for me? do they not want my subscription or something?

(these are rhetorical questions)

There's stuff to do at RA5, and a bit more coming. You could do B'Tran, there's some easy stuff that doesn't require planning. You could do some PvP, nobody ever works together in there. Hell, after Update 1, all of the Fleet Actions will scale to your level, so you could do all the Fleet Actions over and over again.

Stop trying to make excuses to turn the ONE piece of challenge this game offers into the rest of the mindless TRIBBLE we have.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    When i first started infected it was extremely difficult with wipes all the way to the Borg queen only to fail terribly either because the shields came up or she aoe'd and peeps just died or no strat at all. now i with the right people who listen i have no issues.

See most people on here don't really care if you cant do it they don't care about other players points of view the fact they they have managed to complete it is evidence enough for them that it can be done, of coarse it can be done because if it was impossible to do it wouldn't be in here, but for most it maybe there first raid with having to deal with a group of actual players, and for there first raid they shouldn't have made it that annoying and difficult, raids are supposed to start off with an easy learning curve and then move on to higher one not start of with ***** of a time.

Patience is required and so is team co-ordination and co-operation if people are side tracked with RL stuff then they have no room on your team and they should be removed or it will bring down the performance of your team and get you killed, also if you find them doing there own thing and not doing what there supposed to do then kick them and replace, each member of your team has a job and they need to work together with there assigned team to be affective there is no room for a "I'll do what i want its my char" bull TRIBBLE.

If its your strat and you have a plan then those who constantly ignore what there supposed to do then get rid of them if they cant listen then you all fail.

For istance i make 2 teams, team 1 and team 2.

Team 1 is 3 players assigned with shutting down the shields and team 2 is 2 players assigned with clearing the platform ahead of you so you can move on to shut those shields down, best pet is to start with clearing the middle then both top left and right with team 1 at top right, once both are cleared team 2 moved to the next one which is bottom left and start to clear while you shut off top right then top left then move down to bottom left.

At the same time team 2 clear any excess Borg from front mid and move to the bottom right and clear then stay there and shoot the generator. do it fast enough and you can all 4 shields down before the timer on the first one gets halfway

your team need to make use of expose shots they get and don't miss them and always keep ressing there team if need be.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm itching to do infected myself but haven't had a chance since RA. I do like Cryptic's current approach but it kind of sucks since there isn't anything else going on. I view STF's as beginner end game content but since there was none at launch, it has to appease the hardcores. When more end game comes out it should be nerfed to a degree. This way it allows a progression path for the more organized and skilled players. Pugs should always be last to beat harder content.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    nemhook wrote: »
    When i first started infected it was extremely difficult with wipes all the way to the Borg queen only to fail terribly either because the shields came up or she aoe'd and peeps just died or no strat at all. now i with the right people who listen i have no issues.

See most people on here don't really care if you cant do it they don't care about other players points of view the fact they they have managed to complete it is evidence enough for them that it can be done, of coarse it can be done because if it was impossible to do it wouldn't be in here, but for most it maybe there first raid with having to deal with a group of actual players, and for there first raid they shouldn't have made it that annoying and difficult, raids are supposed to start off with an easy learning curve and then move on to higher one not start of with ***** of a time.

Patience is required and so is team co-ordination and co-operation if people are side tracked with RL stuff then they have no room on your team and they should be removed or it will bring down the performance of your team and get you killed, also if you find them doing there own thing and not doing what there supposed to do then kick them and replace, each member of your team has a job and they need to work together with there assigned team to be affective there is no room for a "I'll do what i want its my char" bull TRIBBLE.

If its your strat and you have a plan then those who constantly ignore what there supposed to do then get rid of them if they cant listen then you all fail.

For istance i make 2 teams, team 1 and team 2.

Team 1 is 3 players assigned with shutting down the shields and team 2 is 2 players assigned with clearing the platform ahead of you so you can move on to shut those shields down, best pet is to start with clearing the middle then both top left and right with team 1 at top right, once both are cleared team 2 moved to the next one which is bottom left and start to clear while you shut off top right then top left then move down to bottom left.

At the same time team 2 clear any excess Borg from front mid and move to the bottom right and clear then stay there and shoot the generator. do it fast enough and you can all 4 shields down before the timer on the first one gets halfway

your team need to make use of expose shots they get and don't miss them and always keep ressing there team if need be.

Thank goodness for someone else with a level head trying to help this thread out. I am tired of my words falling on death ears........I have done the queen your way, but still prefer the 2 in the middle. (better for healing and allows two people not to jump). Either way, the best this demonstrates is that things can be done more than one way. As long as everyone is on the same page. I know people are getting sick of me linking to one of my posts.....but i will keep doing so until everyone learns ; )

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=2377368&postcount=30
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Theres some sections with like 12 plus borg in with a few elites in there and as i have said its only twice i have managed to find a team to try it and i only get blitzed when someone decides to start shooting a single borg when theres a huddle of them instead of stunning them first :S

What i do is i run close to the borg not close enough to have them fire and i use smoke grenade on myself and the borg walk past me when the others start shooting :D and i take the nodes out.

I still think the shields and heals need changing because atm they really rubbish for this level of difficulty.

And would you be ok dying if there was a death penalty as when/if they do introduce a death penalty i can tell you this it will be way harder to find a team to try these raidsodes at this level coz no one would be willing to die several times for the sake of a drop thats not worth much lol

I like the mission though and think as has been said by the devs will get easier the more we do it.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Theres some sections with like 12 plus borg in with a few elites in there and as i have said its only twice i have managed to find a team to try it and i only get blitzed when someone decides to start shooting a single borg when theres a huddle of them instead of stunning them first :S

What i do is i run close to the borg not close enough to have them fire and i use smoke grenade on myself and the borg walk past me when the others start shooting :D and i take the nodes out.

I still think the shields and heals need changing because atm they really rubbish for this level of difficulty.

And would you be ok dying if there was a death penalty as when/if they do introduce a death penalty i can tell you this it will be way harder to find a team to try these raidsodes at this level coz no one would be willing to die several times for the sake of a drop thats not worth much lol

I like the mission though and think as has been said by the devs will get easier the more we do it.

Thats not the way to do the level.... Heals and Shields are just fine. Trust me. I have done that level more than almost anyone (devs excluded of course). It is quite possible to make it to the queen room with no wipes. Yes there might be a death every once in while, but that happens. And yes it is possible to make it to the queen room with no deaths. If you know the pulls....and everyone stays back.. You only need two people to shoot the node and presto.
  • Options
    edited March 2010

I have no problem popping Large Hypos that heall 100% and using my two engineer abilities to regen my shields very fast (one from kit, one from class ability). For non-engineers, they can use Large Shield Charges which regen 100%. And science can heal themselves as well, if not better, than I can regen my shields as an engineer.

Why are you having so much problem with this?

In MMOs there are always ways to make the most of any game mechanic. Hit and run tactics typically work well (ie: target a few, and take them out while backing up to avoid weapon range from others in group).

It will get easier as you practice it more. :)

People (including myself) are complaining about lack of end-game content. Yet the people who can't finish this raidisode or think it's too hard are still complaining? It's end-game content. Keep practicing and you'll have plenty to do for hours and hours. ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    it's not about being "easy" or "hard" it's about it being ridiculous and frustrating and requiring a group of non-idiots which in this game and as evident by many posts in this thread is next to impossible.

but ohwell, I don't care anymore now that i've seen the crappy rewards. all antiproton? lol yeah no thanks.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I dont do Infected because i dont get any of the badges as a reward so no point , its also a very anoying ending , the end queen room isnt fun , just plain anoying and a game shouldnt be like that.

Fingers crossed the next raid is more fun :) , thats if i get the badges..........
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Intrepidox wrote: »
    it's not about being "easy" or "hard" it's about it being ridiculous and frustrating and requiring a group of non-idiots which in this game and as evident by many posts in this thread is next to impossible.

My fleet has plenty of intelligent players. I'm sure many fleets have this resource, and if yours doesn't, why are you complaining? If that's the case, make a change.

As for "ridiculous and frustrating", it's all subjective. Frustrating to you might be challenging to me. Just because you deem it frustrating doesn't mean the rest of the world agrees.

Simple point of this discussion: the raid is fun and challenging for many players. Don't p*ss on their parade for your own selfish desires. Request additional, easier content from Cryptic yourself.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I'm willing to state that since I haven't run it in so long things may have changed also since I'm not on much lately unless playing one of my alt toons. (because all that 95% of 'other end-game content some of you state is out there only takes me 45 minutes to complete for the day)

When I last ran it sometime last week almost everyone in chat was 'Deeper into the Mystery', which would mean they gave up wiping on the final area the last time. Now I personally didn't find this all that difficult, but all the little annoyances seemed to crop up on everyone else causing me to have to run around and fish them out of the soup the majority of the time and the other part asking some idiot why he respawned instead of waiting for us to get him.

It got so bad at one point I just bat'leth'd and dome cleared each platform and Then went back to go get them. This would be the same time I mentioned previously that I was sitting there soloing the boss for a bit until someone nagged me enough to go die trying to revive them. Stupid boss has no clue what to do with a pillar camper shooting between it and their cover shield...idiot me for listening and thinking that the 2 seconds it would take me to get to them and 3 or so to get them up I could survive out of my hidey hole.

So I'm willing to admit that maybe over the past week that I've been avoiding it that maybe people have taken their collective heads out of their behinds.

Not trying to sound like I'm uber or pro as I've fallen in the plasma a bit myself before and I'm by no means perfect. Just stating my reasons for at least temporarily giving up on this encounter.

One thing you have to also keep in mind is that the majority of MMO players are going to consider a 5-man a standard dungeon-esque encounter that should be completable by everyone. I'm really not fond of the 5 man raid idea myself and would prefer if they increase the range to at least some 10 player encounters simply because in my mind if it uses a standard group size, then it's a standard encounter and would only be a raid if it requires more than the standard group.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    coderanger wrote:
    Some people like the hardest of the hardcore, and some (like me) like more laid back stuff. Every mission can't be everything, and the STFs are explicitly supposed to be on the harder core side (closer to a "raid"). My recommendation would be to jump on Tribble and look at the other new stuffs on there. Don't forget to submit feedback too!

There is a reason Blizzard developed diverse activities for their max level players.... Not all of us like "raiding" (I absolutely hate it) but would like to continue with our main characters and do new and exciting things...
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ramierez wrote: »
    So I'm willing to admit that maybe over the past week that I've been avoiding it that maybe people have taken their collective heads out of their behinds.

Hahhaha, sorry to hear that. You're welcome to come join us when RS does a run if you like and you'll find people who actually know what they're doing. ;)

But in all honesty, I wonder how many of these low-wattage people (or the less coordinated among us) are the ones here complaining about it?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I don't think its difficult, I think its tedious and boring. I loved the space portion, it felt epic, it was fun. I had this expectation that the rest of the mission was going to flow well, I expected a bit of a challenge. What I got was over 40 respawns and constant roots, followed by 3 attempts to complete the last portion, which I didn't even survive. The bugs are what kills me, that and the nodes. I don't mind all the borg, I think that was fun, its having to rush in and commit suicide to kill some of the nodes, then respawn and run halfway around the station to reach the fight only to be the last guy alive and repeat that system that bugs me. If they added a few more respawn points it wouldn't be as bad. The shield door at the end is BS too. If there was a spawn point on the inside, or a console to allow players back in (as was hinted by the dialogue prior to entering) then I think people wouldn't complain as much. However, none of this has been addressed and the mission feels clunky. It lacks some of the story of the other missions, and the epic feel is lost shortly after beaming down. I DID complete this, and I did so with a team of 4 other random peeps and without vent. We were able to coordinate and beat it, but it was time consuming, and the end was not satisfying. I did not feel that the reward was worth the effort put in. I've stopped playing this mission because of this.

Again, its not the difficulty of the mission itself that makes it hard, its the bugs and poor design (Few respawn points, BS shield door, nodes) Fix this, and the mission will run much better, and I bet you'll have fewer complaints.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Well Alpha, the only thing about the nodes that bothered me is the placement of them. Never failed that someone would end up aggroing more than one group just to get a node and that is usually what ends up turning it into a zerg the node, die, kill the borg ordeal.

And cipher, I'd love to take you up on that...might be refreshing to feel like the noob of the group.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ramierez wrote: »
    And cipher, I'd love to take you up on that...might be refreshing to feel like the noob of the group.

I couldn't PM you since Cryptic's mail service is up and down today.

Feel free to look for me in-game (@cipher_nemo) to do "Infected". My fleet usually tries to do a run on Friday at 7pm EST and Saturday at 1pm EST, as these are our event/meeting times. We have anywhere from 4 to 8 people who are typically on and willing to do this run, but like with anything, we can't guarantee everyone is going to be online for it at any given time. We have many more members around, but some don't enjoy it and more are not level-capped/equipped for it.

However, we do require Vent during these runs as it's vital for communication and timing. He have our own vent server which has guest access as well.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    joseph001 wrote:
    hmm... can't there be a bug that will make the game easier? lol i always see bugs that make it difficult

QFT...Amen brother.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    To be honest, the hardest part of Infected is getting the shield on the generator in the middle down, and people understanding the concept of "spreading out". Once you get that, you're sorted.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I don't think its difficult, I think its tedious and boring. I loved the space portion, it felt epic, it was fun. I had this expectation that the rest of the mission was going to flow well, I expected a bit of a challenge. What I got was over 40 respawns and constant roots, followed by 3 attempts to complete the last portion, which I didn't even survive. The bugs are what kills me, that and the nodes. I don't mind all the borg, I think that was fun, its having to rush in and commit suicide to kill some of the nodes, then respawn and run halfway around the station to reach the fight only to be the last guy alive and repeat that system that bugs me. If they added a few more respawn points it wouldn't be as bad. The shield door at the end is BS too. If there was a spawn point on the inside, or a console to allow players back in (as was hinted by the dialogue prior to entering) then I think people wouldn't complain as much. However, none of this has been addressed and the mission feels clunky. It lacks some of the story of the other missions, and the epic feel is lost shortly after beaming down. I DID complete this, and I did so with a team of 4 other random peeps and without vent. We were able to coordinate and beat it, but it was time consuming, and the end was not satisfying. I did not feel that the reward was worth the effort put in. I've stopped playing this mission because of this.

Again, its not the difficulty of the mission itself that makes it hard, its the bugs and poor design (Few respawn points, BS shield door, nodes) Fix this, and the mission will run much better, and I bet you'll have fewer complaints.

40 respawns is way too many...... I just did it a couple of hours ago. We only had 2 early wipes because someone didn't follow instructions, and a handful of deaths throughout the rest. We hit the queen room and knocked her down first try. And before you ask, yes this was a PuG. Everything was completed in under 2 hours. I would be happy to escort any of you through the Instance. Just ask. There is a right way and a bag for of wrong ways ; )

Yes the shield door is a pain...but it makes sense. You could just constantly feed respawns in.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I've finished Infected 4 times (two times after the new updates). I'm not special in anyway, I just have a fleet that is made up of some really cool people. Vent voice communication helped a lot as well. We find Infected to be relatively easy (we are not a hardcore raid fleet either) and we are looking forward towards doing The Cure.

My suggestion to anyone who is having problems doing Infected is to find a fleet. Find a fleet, get on Vent and work together as a team. Einstein's definition of Insanity is that if you do the same thing over and over again, and each time expect a different result, you are insane. I suggest trying something different. Make friends, join a fleet and work with the same people on infected. It makes a huge difference.
This discussion has been closed.