Install Arc
Options

RE: Atari Sale

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/2564/stoi.jpg

And someone snapped the 90 day offer stuff and response.

Fun times.
    Redirecting him to the atari community forum that was CLOSED the day they started this scam is ridiculous beyond words. Does atari or cryptic really know what the other is doing?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    How can I take you seriously when you use Internet Exploder! For shame!
    browser snobbery is such a childish and low form of wit. For shame.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Viper99991 wrote: »
    Anyone Smell CNN soon

No, not really.
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Not when the offender is using IE it isn't. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    jimjim wrote: »
    I am a lifetime sub, though even if I weren't, I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Good for you, thanks for taking the time to make a constructive and insightful post. You are now awarded +10 Interwebz. Move along home
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I find it interesting as well that they stopped giving lifetime refunds today. Strange coincidence?

Nah. I dont think its a coincidence at all.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I would laugh so hard if CNN or any majro news agency picked this up. sorry, but Cryptic/Atari are not that important. Now if we were talking about a 60 minutes show...
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Acidrain wrote: »
    Its business, iam frankly tired of hearing all the whining to be honest!

Really? You think changing customers orders after they've been placed is normal business practice? If you don't like hearing comlaints stay out of the thread. Simple as that.
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Then don't read the posts
  • Options
    edited March 2010

But it's Internet Explorer man! Internet Explorer!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    dnarris wrote: »
    No, not really.

I sure hope so
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I made one like that and sent the link to him in a PM, but I guess he never got it.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/4245/22538371.gif

mail didnt show a update >.<
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Not when the offender is using IE it isn't. :D

I actually LOL'D at your original post and I thank you for that, Hats off to you sir.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Anyone Smell CNN soon

God, I hope not, we would never get that smell outta the fish.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Anyone Smell CNN soon

My very close friend is the owner and editor of Washington's largest internet newspaper. I have an open invite to write copy any time. You think I should fire up the old brain?

Plus there is a French connection ;)

http://www.heralddeparis.com/
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Its all been pretty much relegated to one thread. Just the one.

So you're obviously not tired of it at all because you saw fit to post in the ONE thread on the subject.

Im laughing at you right now. :D
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    So I'm watching the official post on this topic thread:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=2269372

With one 'I quit' post after another. I think they're going to feel this one.

Too bad about that lack of ethics. kinda sad really. Being a good company would have been more profitable than being a douchebag company.

I dont think they care. THEY think they'll get 10x the ppl that leave on the IP alone. I guess theyre either drinking their own kool ain or listening a little TOO much to the "fan"s
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Raiden_STO wrote:
    But it's Internet Explorer man! Internet Explorer!

Only really acceptable if it's still IE6 ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    My very close friend is the owner and editor of Washington's largest internet newspaper. I have an open invite to write copy any time. You think I should fire up the old brain?

For an internet newspaper...

Yeah this might actually be a good article for that variety of medium.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Im not a lifer, I am a huge STO online fan..

But I am canceling my subscription primarily because:

1. Atari/Cryptic in my opinion, have violated the business/consumer relationship by offering 3 months of free game time and a discounted price, when I preordered/did beta etc. Some of you may think I am crying, but listen...the longer we let corporations **** on us consumers the more rampant it will be. I really think, a month or more of extra game time would be a fair and kind gesture in building my trust in these two companys (Atari has a **** poor reputation and Cryptic is rapidly sinkings

2. Look, I like STO - PVP is a blast, but PVE is very boring, I dont need to group with anyone really - ground missions are basicaly Scan and Shoot (then do it over and over again) -- Its pretty hollow at its core

3. I just dont feel compelled to keep playing at this point - ship customization is pretty weak (yes you do have options but honestly not enough -- albeit toon customization is great

4. I find it hard to find feds to fight in low tier klingon pvp -- queu system kinda blows

5. 3 toon slots??? thats a joke - its an obvious attempt for them to have us spend more money on slots

6. spam is rampant

7. Game is a hoot for a while, but quickly, you get tired of the same old same old

8. Klingons are OP'd in PVP , look Ive played b oth sides,,, cloak, impulse to a stray fed with your team, alpha strike --

9. Turn rates are painful for cruisers (yep i play a cruiser and I get how that mechanic works)

Final words:

Cryptic/Atari - you're ****ing on a loyal base, out of personal princiiple you dont get my $15 bucks anymore -- dont feed me worthless cryptic points (i could care less about those)
    -- I hope to see the game in a few months with tons of content/options etc., I'll miss some aspects of the game but its becoming more apparent to me that STO may have be a LETS GET as much money as we can, fund a new MMO and do it over and bank millions....I cant support a company like that.
    -- For those that are staying, ask yourselves if the game is worth 15 bucks a month and dealing with all the corporate TRIBBLE shenagans they are pulling - lets vote with our wallets - they will succumb and do the right thing
    -- I'll miss my friends/guild in the game, STO does have potential and I think we all love the Star Trek universe

Have fun all and hopefully I'll see you again!
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Stoke the coal... stoke it... stoke it good :)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ragesteel wrote: »

1. Atari/Cryptic in my opinion, have violated the business/consumer relationship by offering 3 months of free game time and a discounted price, when I preordered/did beta etc. Some of you may think I am crying, but listen...the longer we let corporations **** on us consumers the more rampant it will be. I really think, a month or more of extra game time would be a fair and kind gesture in building my trust in these two companys (Atari has a **** poor reputation and Cryptic is rapidly sinkings

2. Look, I like STO - PVP is a blast, but PVE is very boring, I dont need to group with anyone really - ground missions are basicaly Scan and Shoot (then do it over and over again) -- Its pretty hollow at its core

3. I just dont feel compelled to keep playing at this point - ship customization is pretty weak (yes you do have options but honestly not enough -- albeit toon customization is great

4. I find it hard to find feds to fight in low tier klingon pvp -- queu system kinda blows

5. 3 toon slots??? thats a joke - its an obvious attempt for them to have us spend more money on slots

6. spam is rampant

7. Game is a hoot for a while, but quickly, you get tired of the same old same old

8. Klingons are OP'd in PVP , look Ive played b oth sides,,, cloak, impulse to a stray fed with your team, alpha strike --

9. Turn rates are painful for cruisers (yep i play a cruiser and I get how that mechanic works)

Final words:

Cryptic/Atari - you're ****ing on a loyal base, out of personal princiiple you dont get my $15 bucks anymore -- dont feed me worthless cryptic points (i could care less about those)
    -- I hope to see the game in a few months with tons of content/options etc., I'll miss some aspects of the game but its becoming more apparent to me that STO may have be a LETS GET as much money as we can, fund a new MMO and do it over and bank millions....I cant support a company like that.
    -- For those that are staying, ask yourselves if the game is worth 15 bucks a month and dealing with all the corporate TRIBBLE shenagans they are pulling - lets vote with our wallets - they will succumb and do the right thing
    -- I'll miss my friends/guild in the game, STO does have potential and I think we all love the Star Trek universe

Good luck with that, they stopped taking refunds today.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    ragesteel wrote: »

6. spam is rampant

Final words:

I agree the game was a blast at first! But then it got really really old. Thanks for posting your concerns!

Hopefully they will here us as we who are not satisfied will vote with our wallets. I have canceled and honestly don't know if I will return.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Lol seriously how can they act like this never happened other sites have reported on it

Other sites have topics on it

Is Atari going too go around and post that it was just a ''Misunderstanding '' this deal never existed
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    AtomicFB wrote:
    Stoke the coal... stoke it... stoke it good :)

What he said ^^^

I wouldn't mind this game getting some extra attention, besides it might help Atari or whatever knuckle head shape up and realize we mean business!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Cryptic, if that offer never happened why mmorpg.com has a thread titled "STO price slashed to $39 plus 60 days gametime." (http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/271014)

Come on! Answer this!

I dare you!!

:mad:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    That was a ******** apology for what? And now they are ripping off those weekend buyers. I wont cry about you suckers who bought lifetimes and cant get a refund, that was part of the deal
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    More news filters through to the press, looks like they have pretty much the whole story..

http://www.mmocrunch.com/2010/03/01/star-trek-online-pre-order-penalty/

I like how they've called the piece 'Pre Order Penalty'
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The wiki is going to be fun tonight.

MAKE SURE ITS VERIFIED!!!!!!

lol
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yes it was such a misunderstanding it appeared on their website and then a forum post here that the date was wrong and the deal was extended until March 3rd.

I think the FTC is going to jump all over this.

CBS is going to freak out too.
This discussion has been closed.