test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

RE: Atari Sale

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Loxanna wrote:
    If you have the movie on DVD. Play it in Media player classic (Google it) and pause at that point and grab the still (Menu Option) or alternate open up your internet explorer temp folder and look for the .Swf file in there. Play it and rip it that way. Thats if you where serious ofc :)

I got like the perfect still but how do I grab it?
    edited March 2010
    Good luck. Not like Cryptic/Atari is going to give it to you. I recommend calling your bank.

Yeah, had the same fight with Champions Online too, you would think I would have learned. :p
    edited March 2010
    nekollx wrote: »
    sig updated....

Nice. Come on people - change your sig to the burning Atari one. Rome needs to burn.
    edited March 2010
    Nice. Come on people - change your sig to the burning Atari one. Rome needs to burn.

Not Sig :)
    edited March 2010
    Geoduck360 wrote:

A.) yeah not big on being a follower
    B.) Im trying to make my own lol
    edited March 2010
    Obviously.

And come play LOTRO with me. Honest to God it's a really good game. I started playing it today and I am pleasantly surprised. Better than WoW...

Tried it in beta and gave it another try a few months later.
    The only thing I had fun with was planting seeds to smoke xDDDD
    edited March 2010
    Geoduck360 wrote:

Good call. Avatar.
    edited March 2010
    A.) yeah not big on being a follower
    B.) Im trying to make my own lol

Fine. Paint your own flames over an Atari logo. Or you can start a flaming Cryptic logo.
    edited March 2010
    Anyone know how to putt a single frame out of a movie clip?
    edited March 2010
    This must be a tactic used to keep people from calling the billing department.

Record the Champion Online login music through a computer speaker and then replay it as the hold music and place the customer on hold for over and hour or more.
    edited March 2010
    Is it safe to assume this has been botched completely now?
    edited March 2010
    Obviously.

And come play LOTRO with me. Honest to God it's a really good game. I started playing it today and I am pleasantly surprised. Better than WoW...

I'm headed back there with you man. Good ridance to this.
    edited March 2010
    Obviously.

PM me what server you are on. I might have to start over, but I have been looking at going back to LoTRO.
    edited March 2010

fraps?

10/char
    edited March 2010
    Zarcoff wrote: »

yeah Atari said the 60 day code NEVER HAPPENED
    edited March 2010
    Zarcoff wrote: »

the acronym FUBAR comes to mind
    edited March 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvqqzaX0yVI <--- Cryptic/Atari.

it can't be worse than now.

Wake up Cryptic/Atari
    U will kill your whole community with this **** u are doing right now.
    We want a good Star Trek game with developers we can trust in.
    edited March 2010
    dnarris wrote: »
    You know, this could have been a really great game. There was a lot of potential that I see ultimately wasted. Sure, some people are content and that's great for them.

However, they're going to end up with a mediocre product just like those that supported Champions Online did. They're half a year into retail and they still have nothing to show in terms of real progress.

They apologized and that'll be enough for them and it'll have to be enough for us.

However, I'm done. I think it's better to take the loss of my $54.99 than to sink anymore money into a company I don't trust to provide me with a quality product or service.

I think that they also underestimated the player base that would arise for this game. It's probably a greater diversity of age groups than any other game. There are far more adults and many, many more over their late 30's than would normally be seen in say, a kiddies superhero game.
    There are people from all walks of life. many of us professionals with a great deal of business and people experience.

The sort of people who won't just swallow corporate and marketing ******** without being very vocal and ensuring that we give underhand tactics and practices, 'infractions' of our own.
    edited March 2010

depends what player you are using. Most have a screencap option in the settings
    edited March 2010
    I can't believe, or at least it is hard to fathom how a company could be this asinine. I wonder if it is because Atari is French?
    edited March 2010

that has gone down very well I notice. I only made it for one member ( now banned ) as he mentioned it would be nice to have a burning atari logo :)

I've made others but I'm sure that they would ruffle too many feathers in the Cryptic nest to post again.
    edited March 2010
    This must be a tactic used to keep people from calling the billing department.

Record the Champion Online login music through a computer speaker and then replay it as the hold music and place the customer on hold for over and hour or more.

THIS is a theatrical representation of Atari/Cryptics customer service and billing support. If you can get through watching it, you can get through calling them........ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK9GPTY3dM8

The Gold chick is Atari......of course. You can probably figure out the rest.

Gooood LUCK!!!!!
    edited March 2010
    I think that they also underestimated the player base that would arise for this game. It's probably a greater diversity of age groups than any other game. There are far more adults and many, many more over their late 30's than would normally be seen in say, a kiddies superhero game.
    There are people from all walks of life. many of us professionals with a great deal of business and people experience.

The sort of people who won't just swallow corporate and marketing ******** without being very vocal and ensuring that we give underhand tactics and practices, 'infractions' of our own.

I have to agree with this.
    edited March 2010
    AtomicFB wrote:
    I can't believe, or at least it is hard to fathom how a company could be this asinine. I wonder if it is because Atari is *****?

Careful. I made an offhand remark about that country and they gave me an infraction point over it. I think they're touchy about that one. Must be a swear word or something.
    edited March 2010
    Apparently it is time to call CBS and let them in on what these two companies have done to their product.

Coming up with a promotion openly advertised over the weekend on the STO forums and on the Atari site and then to say it never happened is completely unacceptable.

They have crossed a huge legal line here.

I have some contacts at CBS. Maybe I can get some answers from them. They will not be happy.
    edited March 2010
    THIS is a theatrical representation of Atari/Cryptics customer service and billing support. If you can get through watching it, you can get through calling them........ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK9GPTY3dM8

The Gold chick is Atari......of course. You can probably figure out the rest.

Gooood LUCK!!!!!

Nope, couldn't do it.
    edited March 2010
    AtomicFB wrote:
    I guess the fanbois and apologists won. Here any way.

However, Cryptic, you have damaged your reputation beyond repair to the rest of the gaming community outside this game. You made SOE look good by comparison and all to save Atari

I am a LTS so I will keep playing this game and get my moneys worth and because I like Star Trek. However, any future gaming dollars will not be coming your way from me.

I agree, wholeheartedly.

It is clear that Cryptic is sabotaging this game and it is optimistic in my opinion to think this game will be around in two years time. There is simply too much negative press on many 3rd party web sites regarding this fiasco and how Cryptic is handling it. When word reaches the internet they they are now trying to retract the offer and even worse, pretend it was never made, the fallout from this will be immense and
    far reaching.

I cannot place my faith or my money in a game whos future is being called into question by the very developer trying to promote it. I do not think it is fair to take my money under a false pretense that the game will be around for many years all the while decisions are made that undermine its longevity. This is disingenuous to say the least and criminal at the worst. I am leaning towards the latter.

If Cryptic isn't even willing to part with anything intangible like weapons or shields to be used in the game just to make the players happy, then how can I be expected to believe Cryptic would part with anything tangible and real like MONEY to improve the game for our benefit.
    edited March 2010
    Mike111 wrote:
    Apparently it is time to call CBS and let them in on what these two companies have done to their product.

Coming up with a promotion openly advertised over the weekend on the STO forums and on the Atari site and then to say it never happened is completely unacceptable.

They have crossed a huge legal line here.

I have some contacts at CBS. Maybe I can get some answers from them. They will not be happy.

Honestly I'd like to see the terms of the license agreement. I wonder if there's something about not damaging the ST brand. Heh. Depending on the terms they may be able to yank the whole deal.
    edited March 2010
    Nope, couldn't do it.

I gave up after 33 seconds
    edited March 2010
    They want to give me an infraction because I don't like the French or I think that the French mentality is prevalent in Atari's business practices, fine. All that will do is show I am right and it will also show they don't like dissent.
This discussion has been closed.