The beatings will continue until morale improves

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Zathurus wrote: »
    I did not type it wrong.
    If I was owned I would have money. That is how most give up some freedom, is fear of losing things, and money is an easy one, you mention another one prison, but material or economic threats can be used also.

Your really talking to the wrong person on this conversation.

You are constructing your comment from the perception that your argument is correct. I am not in prison because either I get some help or protection, part of my belief. Or because most people in the system are good people that believe in freedom so they do not put me in prison. And I actually tested that on a few levels so believe both protection and good people are part of the same thing. Same source.

I do not have a master, Again you cast the question from your perspective. Nor could any man nor any thing be my master. Even within religious context I do not think of things as master and owned. I really am free.

As far as the rest of your comments, how I choose to express and live within my freedom are my choices, and many other free people do the things you mention.

I am not an anarchist so I understand social rules, but that does not make me owned.

You sound like a ****ing priest.

If thats the case then you're not just owned, you're brainwashed.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

lemme guess, sociology student in the ... umm ... first or second semester ?
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Thank you, and continuing this conversation would only serve to let you own a bit of my time. I think I have given ample arguement, and accept you may see it different and have different views.

Thanks for the thoughtful conversation, and good luck, and God Bless :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I just had to quote this for the hell of it

what the holy hell are you smoking

p.s. answer my post loser

You want a stream full of drowning sheep then? How odd.

To which post are you referring?

Oh, and I'm not "smoking", I'm "vaping"... 16mg peach atm although I think there might be some cherry in the cartridge, 510 atty on a usb passthru. Go figure all that out and get back to me.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ocharni wrote: »
    lemme guess, sociology student in the ... umm ... first or second semester ?

Comp sci. Grew up around the British military.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

na, ill stick with my guess
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ocharni wrote: »
    na, ill stick with my guess

Typical yank.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"
  • Options
    edited February 2010

What is the color of the boathouse on base. LOL
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Zathurus wrote: »
    What is the color of the boathouse on base. LOL

Surprisingly the British military has more than one base still. Despite parliaments best efforts.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    What's with all the ***holes getting into it with the devs and gm's. Give it a rest and let them do their jobs. Stop expecting gm's to know about future content. Stop expecting devs to give you info on the game on President's Day. Stop expecting info on future releases when you already have a whole page full of it on site. Stop being ******. Enjoy the game and let the devs and gm's do their jobs.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [QUOTE=boredoftheworld;2107180Cryptic: get some mods in the forums or more mods or whatever it takes to clean this mess up. The current state of affairs is bad for playerbase morale and that can't be good for anyone. Hire some people until you have 24/7 coverage from actual Cryptic employees and then get some trusty players, give them free game time and a license to kill threads. DO NOT use fanboys for this task, the modern fanboy in his wild and native environment is bad for business and if you haven't figured this out already we're sunk.

With that said... get control of your hardcore fans. I can't figure out why you haven't done this already, it just boggles my mind. Round up the people who will follow you into hell singing hallelujah and give them directions.

Review the reason for even having forums and then make sure they're being used for those purposes. You can't control what goes on at other sites but you can and must keep a lid on things here. Your official forums should give the impression that things are running smoothly (even when they're not) and that if there are problems you are on the job (even when you're not). The community should appear to be sober and friendly. People should be given a chuckle, some good gameplay advice and a reason to log into the game.

Please get this mess under control, I don't want to play in a wasteland.[/QUOTE

Theres yer original post.. can I re-phrase?

Cryptic theres too many people whining about the poor quality of your game. Dont let them influence new people that might be considering buying because we all know tha running around gathering 5 biological samples twenty times as a ground mission is so much fun. We also know that the game servers are always live reguardless of what the international community might say. We like the fact that ships and rooms and doors and hell everything in the game is not in proper proportion. We also like that people paid over two hundred dollars to buy subscriptions to your game before they even played it. And finally please by all means ban the moronic azzholes that try to tell the community that this is not a beta in the making.. that we all love running missions that are broken, bugged.. or just not complete.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    HappyHappy has issues, for one .. yeah I think he should devote his moderating time to a more important thread (sue me).

Aren't you voting for no moderation though? And, look, he isn't moderating here, he's interacting, or was anyway. Doubtful that will continue. And "moderate" what more important threads that fall under his umbrella?
    For two yeah even if its not allowed I think people that paid HARD EARNED ****ING CASH for this game should have a right to give thier input even if they are leaving.

You bought a subscription to the game, not to a free-for-all on the forums. Even in-game interactions are policed to some extent, and they should be. Paying for access to the game doesn't give you free reign for anything involved with it. Buying a Big Mac doesn't give you a right to drop your pants and take a TRIBBLE in the deep fryer because you didn't think the lettuce was crisp enough, nor to scream at the top of your lungs for hours in the store about how you don't like the service. No, if you try that they'll have you removed.
    God knows theres nothing wrong with STO.

There's plenty wrong with it. Hell, look at my sig, I'm not exactly without complaints. There is a wide margin of difference though between offering a complaint, and being a TRIBBLE. Harassing employees and making a scene is being a TRIBBLE, and you aren't likely to find many businesses that will allow their customers to conduct themselves like that. Take a look around the forums... there a lot of people who aren't just complaining, they are specifically trying to make themselves a problem.

That's neither acceptable nor appropriate. I have trouble believing your place of business would allow it, and online or not, this is Cryptic's place of business.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Who cares leviathan? if you know its a full blown 'I quit fanboy spam' you can't see through it?

If they aren't insulting your mother, your race or your creed why should you care?

I'm so curious how this effects you.

It makes it harder to follow topics I do want to discuss and to keep my own feedback threads on the front page if flamewars keep getting bumped up. And they will.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It is finally time to moderate the thread about moderation.

The discussions have gotten far to existential and political for these forums, so I will be locking this thread.
This discussion has been closed.