Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    MaxPayne1 wrote:
    I have my retail key activated and already posted my information
    i bought the game at bestbuy and activated it and am getting
    Every time i try to log in i get

CONECTING TO ACCOUNT SERVER messege then it goes to CONNECTION TO ACCOUNT SERVER TIMED OUT

then i try again and get DISCONECTED FROM ACCOUNT SERVER

and when i finally get in the game which i have not been able to do for a day i get this messege almost every 10-15 minutes GAME CONNECTION FAILED OR DISCONECTED FROM THE ACCOUNT SERVER

i also have same problem. i smell class action lawsuit.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Your preorder key is not the retail key. All the preorder key did was guarantee head start and some other perks. You need a retail key from the actual game box in order to activate a valid account.

I'm glad you are helping people out but I've posted on page 38, have an open ticket and I am still not able to log in. Any ETA?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Products
    Star Trek Online
    Download Game Client
    Activated Features

* Star Trek Online - Preorder

Subscriptions

I'd love to be able to sign up for a subscription, but I've never been presented with a link to do so. I do nptice, however, that they've saved my Credit Card information from when I tried out Champions Online:

Payment Methods
    Manage Payment Methods
    XXXX-XXXX-1229

:mad:

Update: When i tried to re-enter my activation code, I got this message:

Billing Errors

We are currently experiencing problems with our billing provider. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you experience problems please allow 5 to 10 minutes and try again.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I have gotten that message, now three different instances. The first one all I had to do is log in again and it went through. The other two I was not so lucky. I opened a ticket, but haven't gotten a response. I tried to re-activate my key and got:

"This product key is already active, it cannot be used again."

My Account Info:
    Activated Features

Subscriptions

I bought my copy directly from Atari.

My situation is similar, however I got mine from Direct-to-drive.

I have managed to sort it. Not obvious (to me anyway) but the beta key is NOT the retail key.

When I tried to activate the beta key (which I thought was for retail aswell) it said it was already active. So I went back to direct-to-drive and logged in and found that I was able to get the retail key. (this was never emailed to me)

When I got that, I went to the redeem key page on STO site and once redeemed it then gave me options to select a subscription etc.

Payed with paypal and was able to log in. :)

Hope this helps someone else.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Shakes78 wrote:
    I'm glad you are helping people out but I've posted on page 38, have an open ticket and I am still not able to log in. Any ETA?

eta :as soon as the devs/gms have finished lunch(around 1pm(10 pm gmt)) they will try to solve the problem.....

we are just european customers you know.....no reason to panic for them.....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm having the same problem as everybody else. My key is accepted successfully, but I am then prompted to make a subscription selection. However, I've pre-ordered a 12-month subscription which does appear in the window. After clicking submit, I get the error message "Please select a subscription option," which there don't appear to be any to select from in the window.

My activated features are as follows:
    Star Trek Online - Preorder
    Wrath of Khan Admiral's Uniform
    Star Trek Online 12 Month Subscription Preorder

The first "star trek online - preorder" was a beta key from my pre-order from Impulse and the second one is from the one I purchased at Target. Also, I have a valid credit card on file with my 12-month subscription.
    and the subscription payment did go through.

Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Disti wrote: »
    eta :as soon as the devs/gms have finished lunch(around 1pm(10 pm gmt)) they will try to solve the problem.....

we are just european customers you know.....no reason to panic for them.....

Damn, I was hoping to play during my.... hell I was just hoping to play.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Right. I had this issue on Sunday and it was fixed eventually. (Yes I HAVE put in the retail code. Checked that everything is active)

Now it's back AGAIN. At a guess it's because I picked the game up Direct2Drive which I THINK is American while being an European (Norwegian.)

So basically they found out I was placed on the "Not given retail list" wrongly and now that the NEXT step of the grace period is over I'm disallowed again.

Please tell me it won't happen every time a grace period for some region of the world ends?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Man that sucks. I ordered the Collector's Edition from Gamestop, so I guess that means I have to wait for the box to arrive in order to play.

But this doesn't make much sense though. I got the pre-order key because I PRE-ORDERED the game. I PAID for it already. Why do I need a seperate key to prove I paid for it when I already have one?

Plus the fact I purchased a one year subscription should gurantee me some access. Christ.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I bought the Lifetime about a week ago and it was active been playing fine until last night. When I couldn't get in I went and I re-entered my key system says its active, tried logging in again today and no. So I check my subscriptions and............

Download Game Client

Activated Features

Subscriptions
    *HINT HINT Something's Missing......

I called billing and they CAN'T find my receipt.....???? How quaint, I already paid over $400 bucks, I'm about ready to call my card in as stolen and eat $80 for the retail collector's. :mad::mad:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You would think that someone at there place would look and see that there server load is real low.... like low as in no one on and check and see if something is not working. But no they sit back and go look it is running great and there is no lag and things are great.

WELL IT IS NOT, NO ONE CAN PLAY FIX IT.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Elloooo anybody here ?

Or is this just a fan based forum that no devs read ?

We would all like to get in game >.> and have a bit fun. Sure all online games have problems but i think none of them had this kinda of bad billing problems. Would be able to tell you but those few online games i played... Companys were serious about taking my money.

Can we know when will all these problems be solved? Grace period is made kinda dum.b isnt it ?

More time for ppl from USA then Europe? Aint Cryptic American company ?

I tried to enter my key and billing provider says now that my card is not valid... Was when i got my PreOrder tho. I can assure you if i get billed for the 3 times i tried to subscribe same as a lot of my countryman you are gona get a lot of law suits on your TRIBBLE.

Give us some damne.d information its all we want !
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Great, now I can't even submit a ticket - WHAT THE FRAK IS GOING ON HERE!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    :d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    wooot finaly, after a wait time of 9+ hours...i finaly got in, and i still dunno how...only saying that my account is now activated...verry strange since it was already activated...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ich hab die schnauze voll, ich bin zwar nur europ
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ich hab die schnauze voll, ich bin zwar nur europ
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    seems to have to activate every single account by hand.....

this will take a whlie.....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    GAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNZZZZZZZZZ ruhig!!!!!

HO!! BRAUNER HO!!

NICHT AUFB
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sharkulla wrote:
    Stop speaking in German gawd ...

English so all can understand or gtfo.

you hear voices in a forum?

you seriously should think about stop playing online games and play in the sun :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I am currently having the log in issue and it seems as those my key is activated because its showing on my accoun as a lifetime subscriber. Oh I also see we can't access our dashboard now so maybe they are working on it?

Thanks for posting this thread and hope you can get this worked out.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    it is still my hope that this is candid camera and they somehow turned our monitors into cameras and we all will see this on tv in a month or so....:D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    you hear voices in a forum?

you seriously should think about stop playing online games and play in the sun :D

To bad its night and -10 celsius. Kinda hard to play in the sun xD
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    My retail subscription comes with a 30 day time code but the activation site wouldn't allow me to proceed without activating with a CC and the retail key wasn't valid as a GTC. I assume I won't be billed until after the 30 days is up?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Pffft. They even took £1 out of my paypal account! (Charging me to not play!) :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm not allowed in the server, I tryed co re enter my game key and tryed to apply to the recurent billing. What should i try now?:mad:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    this is what it says in my account info:

Activated Features

i'm also getting the not allowed to log in error
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    flyers6 wrote: »
    I'm not allowed in the server, I tryed co re enter my game key and tryed to apply to the recurent billing. What should i try now?:mad:

go to the cryptic studios building an throw a stone into a window of your choice.....:D

maybe they just have to be waked up.....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    BR41ND34D wrote: »
    this is what it says in my account info:

Activated Features

i'm also getting the not allowed to log in error

Your missing an activated retail key.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I have the same problem as others. I have an activated Key but am not allowed to login to the server.

I have sent in a ticket to that effect.