Install Arc
Options

Any female gamers here?

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    When I left it yesterday this was such a nice thread...

Come on, Mr. Sock, we're leaving.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm not sure where to begin. Everybody treats men & women differently. Are you asking me to explain the differences in how YOU treat people?

As a lady, I'm all for being treated differently if it means I'm getting something out of it... Like drinks at Ten Forward, a new Warp Modulator, that really awesome pink hull on the top of my ship.

Oh, whoops. I think I just made Gloria Steinem cry. And set the Girl Power movement so eloquently put in place by the Spice Girls back about 45 years.

:-)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    As a lady, I'm all for being treated differently if it means I'm getting something out of it... Like drinks at Ten Forward, a new Warp Modulator, that really awesome pink hull on the top of my ship.

Oh, whoops. I think I just made Gloria Steinem cry. And set the Girl Power movement so eloquently put in place by the Spice Girls back about 45 years.

haha, to be honest,I agree. Maybe not to that extent, but every girl likes it when men are gentlemen,no? The diamond encrusted phasers are just an unforseen perk :P
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    tattikat wrote: »
    haha, to be honest,I agree. Maybe not to that extent, but every girl likes it when men are gentlemen,no? The diamond encrusted phasers are just an unforseen perk :P

You know, I think it just really boils down to treating people nice. You know, being that one person that opens the door for people, or let's someone turn first at a 4 way stop when it's your turn, or the person who has a full cart at the checkout and waves someone that's carrying 2 things ahead of them.

Rule #1: Don't Be A Jerk
    Rule #2: If you are a Jerk, at least buy me a diamond-encrusted phaser in preparation for your jerk-i-ness.

• Options
    edited February 2010
    You know, I think it just really boils down to treating people nice. You know, being that one person that opens the door for people, or let's someone turn first at a 4 way stop when it's your turn, or the person who has a full cart at the checkout and waves someone that's carrying 2 things ahead of them.

Rule #2: If you are a Jerk, at least buy me a diamond-encrusted phaser in preparation for your jerk-i-ness.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Seadgir
  • Options
    edited February 2010

yep,it works both ways- unfortunately,in this day and age, that kind of stuff is often shirked. I remember back when I was in college, there was a lecturer, who, without fail,would hold the door open for pretty much anyone and was the nicest guy I think I've ever met (apart from my current partner,sorry honey!) and yet had people spit and laugh at him behind his back...because he was being nice.

I really don't understand some people,but I guess thats just how some people are. You just have to move on and go where no woman has gone before :P right,i'll stop with the star trek related references now,lol
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Purvurs wrote:
    [edit]

Um, that would be girl-bewbs on my part.
    Thanks for playing! :-)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Purvurs wrote:
    yew guys got some manbewbs!

Yep,I do...But they're attatched to my boyfriend.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Stuck wrote:
    I found this thread far more interesting than I expected it to be when I clicked on an 11-pager titled along the lines of "Are there any giiiiiirls there?" I really didn't hope to find anything intelligent within. So... Bravo, Internet. Bravo.

I rescind my earlier bravos. This thread has turned into what I originally expected.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

And as a gentleman, it is my pleasure to offer you drinks simply for the pleasure of your company. Say, Quark's, at 2100 hours?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    And as a gentleman, it is my pleasure to offer you drinks simply for the pleasure of your company. Say, Quark's, at 2100 hours?

::applaud::
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Wait... You a gentleman?
    AHAHAHAHAHA... Oh wait... You were serious? *snoggie*
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Chat wrote:
    Wait... You a gentleman?
    Fine! Be that way! Nobody said you had to accept our drinks :p
    ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    sintar07 wrote: »
    Fine! Be that way! Nobody said you had to accept our drinks :p
    ;)
    Well... Chat only really drinks whiskey so...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Differently? yes. Unequally? no. Do you really not understand the distinction between equality and sameness?

No two people are alike. Common knowledge- even identical twins have differences in personality, taste, hobbies, etc.

All people are created equally. Common opinion- all humans regardless of age, disability, race, etc. have equal value.

So, people are equal, but they are different. Treat them accordingly!

People are different. Accept it. Enjoy it! That's what makes life so much fun!

Do you treat your mother the same way as your father? No, of course not- that would be silly. Does this mean you are treating one of them badly? I certainly hope not.

I really feel like I'm stating the obvious here.

[/philosophy] (please!?)

I guess I don't understand, the last time I checked the dictionary the word "Equal" means " of the SAME measure". Call me a bona fide idiot if you will, but honestly I am now baffled!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ::applaud::

*gently takes her hand, bowing to place a light kiss on her fingers* You are most gracious. Welcome to the forums, it is an honor to have you, and a pleasure to make your acquaintance. ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Chat wrote:
    Wait... You a gentleman?

*grins* Oh, I'm full of surprises, my dear Chat. How else could I maintain my air of mystery? :cool:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I guess I don't understand, the last time I checked the dictionary the word "Equal" means " of the SAME measure". Call me a bona fide idiot if you will, but honestly I am now baffled!

Well, are all people the same? Obviously not, but we consider them all to be equal on some level.

And that's the answer. You can't pretend that everybody is exactly the same and you can't treat everybody exactly the same. And if equal has to mean exactly the same, then people aren't equal either, so it doesn't matter.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

"of the same measure" not "of the same everything".

Being the same in one way (equal value) does not make people the same in every way.

In other words- what Sintar said. I'm just phrasing it differently in case it helps.