test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any female gamers here?

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    MarzGurl wrote: »
    Oh, I got the philosophical stuff, too. But there were still people who were a little sensitive, and I was like, :confused:

Ah. This is the internet. Unless I've had a bad bad day, "a little sensitive" flies under my radar. I just assume the most charitable interpretation and move on. No sense getting upset, especially when I'm extremely likely to comment in the absurd.
    edited February 2010
    The internet is like walking into a room, seeing everyone laughing and wondering what everyone is laughing about, except the internet then gives everyone the ability to "go back in time" and get in on the joke.

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Discuss.
    edited February 2010
    yup yup, just look at our chests. If our avatars are not stacked like a cheap TRIBBLE star chances are pretty good it doesn't belong to a shim. :D
    edited February 2010
    Chat wrote:
    Can relate to that. :p
    If he actually dared to cut into Chats playtime he will regret it.

Chat enjoys beating her boyfriend in various fighter games.
    Yes... For once a woman is beating her man. :D
    Advocate for a rewriting of the rule of thumb? "A woman may beat her man so long as the stick is no thicker than the width of his tumb." where do I sign up? :D
    edited February 2010
    Capulet wrote: »
    yup yup, just look at our chests. If our avatars are not stacked like a cheap TRIBBLE star chances are pretty good it doesn't belong to a shim. :D

Yeah I do puzzle over some players' obsession with making ALL of their chars and Boffs have ENORMOUS TRIBBLE. I mean, a man's hands are only so big. WTH you gonna do with all that anyway?!? My personal weakness is the hip slider.....

Sorry.... I know I bin bad.
    edited February 2010
    Rabidfish wrote: »
    Hmm. Silly post to bein with. I mean, who claims to be taking a "survey" of female gamers on an internet forum anyway? If anyone fell for that, SHAME on you.

But truthfully I can explain the "women are always men on the tintarwebs" posts.

Its simple really; those who post such things have a deep-seated desire to meet the "perfect girl" which in many of our cases is someone who is into gaming and sci-fi and fantasy or whatever. But the catch is that you can nver be sure until you meet them whether or not they are truly female. Which creates something of conflict within the man. "I'm really attracted to this person but they might be a man!" As most hetero men have a strong aversion to anything homosexual in nature they are left feeling deeply troubled and instead of risking the acknowledgement that they can become emotionally interested in another man, they prefer to insist that "There are no women on the internet" and therfore that the person MUST be a man, and just to make absolutely certain that there is no question over their sexuality, they actively attack any insinuation that a person on the internet can be female. Essentially its an extremely agressive self defense mechanism against the perceived danger that homosexuality represents.

Anyway, now that's out of the way, tea anyone?

QFT :D

well that was a entertaining read, was hopeing the op would continue to post to contain the fun but oh well, I’m taking a survey, worst pickup line ever

Butters' tip o life of the day

in the ambiguity data stream that is the interwebz it matters little if someone is a man or a woman in reality, gender here is a mindset not a absolute so best to just humor anyone who claims his/her gender and leave it at that.

Note dating sites are exceptional but most intelligent people stay away form that minefield
    edited February 2010
    Note dating sites are exceptional but most intelligent people stay away form that minefield

I wanted to join a dating site, but holy moly are they expensive. :(
    edited February 2010
    Yea, I play the ladies.

What...what's that? Not that kind of Female Gamer? Guess I misread the question.
    edited February 2010
    QFT :D

well that was a entertaining read, was hopeing the op would continue to post to contain the fun but oh well, I’m taking a survey, worst pickup line ever

Butters' tip o life of the day

in the ambiguity data stream that is the interwebz it matters little if someone is a man or a woman in reality, gender here is a mindset not a absolute so best to just humor anyone who claims his/her gender and leave it at that.

Very true. Then again who logs into a game to find that special someone? I am happily married (why i level soooo slowly) and we met at work. Now that is more stressful and dangerous than dating through any form of cyber environment :eek:
    edited February 2010
    Capulet wrote: »

I am the exception that proves the rule.

Oh, Hai!
    edited February 2010
    I'm a female gamer.
    edited February 2010
    I found that bisexuality was an excellent solution to the entire problem of gender identity online.
    "Oh no, what if she's a man!? A man might not want to drink cocktails like I do!"

Not really too much of a problem.
    edited February 2010
    lmao thats an inventive solution!!

to be honest, I like to make friends in games male and female, doesnt bother me. Cruising for a date seems a bit...well unlikely!
    edited February 2010
    redeyed wrote: »
    lmao thats an inventive solution!!

to be honest, I like to make friends in games male and female, doesnt bother me. Cruising for a date seems a bit...well unlikely!

I defiantly don't date my Online friends.

Now if we did meet randomly and sat and had a few coffees and hit it off and oh you game... that is different.

My last BF btw was a gamer.
    edited February 2010
    Lol srsly?
    edited February 2010
    I defiantly don't date my Online friends.

Now if we did meet randomly and sat and had a few coffees and hit it off and oh you game... that is different.

My last BF btw was a gamer.

OMG. I was swept up in that online dating craze back when AOL was still king.

BIG MISTAKE.
    edited February 2010
    Losbullitt wrote: »
    OMG. I was swept up in that online dating craze back when AOL was still king.

BIG MISTAKE.

Mistake huh? Do tell! :D
    edited February 2010
    I've never attempted online dating. The closest I've come is just casually speaking with people on forums such as these and getting to know one another. You know, just like in real life, over real interests. It's about as natural as you can get over the Internet. Forcing it over a dating site seems ridiculous to me.
    edited February 2010
    MarzGurl wrote: »
    I've never attempted online dating. The closest I've come is just casually speaking with people on forums such as these and getting to know one another. You know, just like in real life, over real interests. It's about as natural as you can get over the Internet. Forcing it over a dating site seems ridiculous to me.

I tried a dating site once...about 2-3 years ago.
    I went onto eHarmony...i began chatting online with several ladies...and eventually narrowed my search down to two amazing young ladies. But i had an issue with meeting people that way, so i never actually met up with them lmao. They were both out of town, so i ended up being pen pals with both! i still talk to them, and we have great chats....nothing more lmao.
    I couldn't bring myself to do it. I am debating it again though.

The last girl i dated was a super hot nympho...which is why i stuck around for almost a year and a half. But she is the craziest person i have ever met. Like i mean insane....i'm sure clinically. But i finally accepted the fact i need something better and left ;)

Now i'm bitter, and think all you ladies are a little nuts. which seems to be imparring my efforts to meet a nice young lady lol

oh well.... ;)
    edited February 2010
    Once I get my OP I will be :)
    edited February 2010
    I find dating as a whole concept ridiculous. Putting all these formalities on getting to know someone better just makes it harder. Not that I have any better method, I'm undisputed king of the 'friend zone'.
    edited February 2010
    I know a guy HEU from SWG Farstar who found love online.

I know for a fact if he had seen her before it would never have happened.

Oh and her two kids with two different fellas would have help that decision lol.

I prefer the hunt.
    edited February 2010
    Khorak wrote: »
    I find dating as a whole concept ridiculous. Putting all these formalities on getting to know someone better just makes it harder. Not that I have any better method, I'm undisputed king of the 'friend zone'.

that sucks... never get in the friend zone... ever... it a waste of time. Unless of course you wanna be just friends...
    edited February 2010
    Mistake huh? Do tell! :D

Lemme see...

1) Played guitar, sounded pretty until I met her. @ 20 driving a sports car, you're very shallow and superficial. She was cool I guess. But REALLY not my style.

2) Met a fellow mustang owner though she drove a 99 v6 coupe. She sounded pretty enough. So our only date was at a go-kart track. Red flags started going up when she lied about her rims (said they were 2000 Cobra Rs, which they clearly weren't) and stuff that escapes me now (this was in 2001). After the karting, she says she has to go because her friend is freaking out. Three days later she gets on AIM to tell me she was TRIBBLE and she's having a good time or something. I was like :confused:

3) Worst and last one. Crazy pot-head girl. 'nuff said.
    edited February 2010
    Joshoha wrote:
    that sucks... never get in the friend zone... ever... it a waste of time. Unless of course you wanna be just friends...

Very true, never become friends till you have got what you wanted.
    edited February 2010
    Khorak wrote: »

ROFL. Spoken like a true friend-zoned person.
    edited February 2010
    Kanharn wrote: »

This in a nut shell... lol
    edited February 2010
    Kanharn wrote: »

*snicker* nice.
    edited February 2010
    I wanted to join a dating site, but holy moly are they expensive. :(

Yes they are! I tried it anyway... I was even matched with a Trekkie girl once- a French teacher who taught her students Klingon when there was extra time. I met about 15 or 20 girls / women (some of each) in person, but it never lead to anything.

for the record, the 15 or 20 I met were out of 2,000 or so I was matched with over the course of several years. Most of those never actually responded at all- probably because of the price, I would imagine.
    edited February 2010
    Best advice? Be social.