Unexpected Downtime (January 30, 2010)

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    RUMSPRINGAAAAAAAaaaaaa

Woooooohooooooo!!!!
    edited January 2010
    I asume this thread mean the servers are down?
    edited January 2010
    edited January 2010
    It would appear, that keeping the spamm up might incline someone to realize that we do not exactly like the servers to be offline
    edited January 2010
    sernimble wrote: »
    Would you please consider locking the Dev information only posts? Leaving them open for non relevent replies makes finding current information more difficult.

Just a thought. Thanks for your time.

:confused: I know i'm not the only gamer out there that is wanting this to happen. I have been yell'n about it in irc as well but i have to admit its far and few between when someone else has been pointing it out on the forums.. so i took the time to bump this!!! please dear god make a dev news channel and only let devs talk in it.. the rest of us can write our own and quote it or link to it its not that hard but as it stands now ya have to click on the link for server maintenance, then it redirects you a link on the support page that says click here..
    then ya get moved to Star Trek Online > Star Trek Online Forums > Information and Discussion> Federation News Network.. only to click back on Information and Discussion and then have to click on latest quote to get redirected yet again to the latest dev post.. BOOOOOO .. just BOOOOOOOOOO talk about a waste in click'n network traffic the list goes on ... its just a pain in the butt. so please here is a simple and what i have thought to be rather self explanatory. On the server maintenance link .. click it and presto be forwarded to a dev only post with no freek'n user reply s.. that is about .. just a thought.. wait for it.. THE CURRENT SERVER NEWS???? wow. . :confused:
    edited January 2010
    The name of all the continents end with the same letter that they start with.
    edited January 2010
    Were no strangers to love
    You know the rules and so do i
    A full commitments what Im thinking of
    You wouldnt get this from any other guy

I just wanna tell you how Im feeling
    Gotta make you understand

Never gonna give you up
    Never gonna let you down
    Never gonna run around and desert you
    Never gonna make you cry
    Never gonna say goodbye
    Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

Weve know each other for so long
    Your hearts been aching
    But youre too shy to say it
    Inside we both know whats been going on
    We know the game and were gonna play it

And if you ask me how Im feeling
    Dont tell me youre too blind to see

Give you up. give you up
    Give you up, give you up
    Never gonna give
    Never gonna give, give you up
    Never gonna give
    Never gonna give, five you up

I just wanna tell you how Im feeling
    Gotta make you understand

You mother f'n SOB
    edited January 2010
    bigduckie wrote:
    for some reason im terribly aroused gdarnit where is seven when i need her

i just watched her on leverage last hour (out of the 4 I've been waiting to play)
    edited January 2010
    Guys, set course for Starbase A...

...You're adorable.
    edited January 2010
    Bois wrote:
    Nice! I saw another posting a second ago who is LT Cmdr 3. That is some real grinding!

NICE I"M A **** Lt. 1 Lmao Woot Me wait thats because it's always down. :-P But did get all my ppl made so I got my Name's :-() Woot me :-D
    edited January 2010
    I've had 4 ****s and i've played 3 hours 27 minutes of fifa on my 360, when can the servers be fixed please? :(
    edited January 2010
    Rob_Steel wrote:
    Sulu has the server! I know it... now... where's Sulu?

I thought he was in the closet.
    edited January 2010
    To go along with the where is sulu question, How do i post on this forum
    edited January 2010
    1 furry tribble on the deck, 1 furry tribble.
    Pick it up, pass it around, 2 furry tribbles on the deck
    2 fury tribbles on the deck, 2 furry tribbles.
    Pick one up, pass it around, 3 furry tribbles on the deck!
    edited January 2010
    corrandk wrote: »
    My humble apologies, although I should think that even if she isn't "your type", there is a level of appreciation for anyone her age looking that good. :)

Yeah, and by the time you read this again, nude Marina Sirtis pics will be all over the forums in almost every thread lolcopter :D
    edited January 2010
    no, this is it, its just a forum. youre having fun, right?

PEW PEW @ Klingons

TIME OF MY LIFE HERE
    edited January 2010
    There IS a fire in San Francisco.....buddy just sent me a photo.....

http://yachtpals.com/files/userimages/boatfire.jpg

Looks like this ship is sinking.....
    edited January 2010
    Must be a bad time for them right now if it takes this long--and I can sympathize.

What peeves me more than the downtime is the too-clever-by-half sniping of the several sarcastoles who think software development and server management are easy. The dev and net teams are working on a weekend while you guys sit back in your comfy chairs and fire off half-witty japes at their expense.

I, too, am working this weekend to ensure that my customer base, along with my entire team, guaranteeing 24-hour coverage during a critical cutover period. I happen to be off-shift right now, but I'll be driving in the middle of the night in to the office to make sure that all is well and that we can react instantly should an issue arise. (Just to be clear: I don't work for Cryptic; my team doesn't write computer games.)

I think that a little respect for the professionals providing you with a head start purely as a courtesy would go a long way. If you think that having paid money guarantees that the power will stay on, or that the water main won't break, or that the toaster will always toast, you should re-examine your thought processes. (Not only that, but the 30 days you get for buying the game doesn't include the head start--technically, you haven't paid for this time at all because your per-license price is the same as everyone else's.)

QFT....................... Nerd rage FTW
    edited January 2010
    ETA 30 minutes.
    edited January 2010
    I need to go to the toilet and make a dumo but I dont want to stop read the thread, aaaaarggh!
    edited January 2010
    At 3 1/2 hours you'd think we could get a frakin' update at least...

grrr....:mad:
    edited January 2010
    Man, I was hoping to headstart my way out of the newbie area before the flood.
    edited January 2010
    What do you call an afghan virgin
    Mever bin laid on

How did Burger King get Diary Queen Pregnant?
    He forgot to wrap his whopper.

If a firefighters business can go up in smoke, and a plumbers business can go down the drain, can a hooker get layed off?

A New Zealander walking along the road with a sheep under each arm.
    He meets another New Zealander who says "you sheerin' mate?" and the first guy replies "naw, they're all mine"

Why does a squirrel swim on its back?
    To keep its nuts dry

A man is driving happily along when he is pulled over by the police. The copper approaches him and politely asks, "Have you been drinking, sir?"
    "Why?" snorts the man. "Is there a fat chick in my car?"

Dude I love you're jokes.
    edited January 2010
    I can see Beta not being given the attention and care because its meant to push the game and see where it isnt doing so hot.
    But this weekend was going to be a test to see if their servers could handle the amount of activity that is coming on the 2nd. If it cant stand up to the PreOrder Crowd, what makes them think itll survive the flood thats coming in three short days.

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER CRYPTIC, YOU PROMISED A STAR TREK GAME KNOWING DAMN WELL YOU WERE ****ING WITH THE MOST HARDCORE SCIFI FANS.
    edited January 2010
    I hear they nicknamed the server "Snooki", because it goes down all the time.

That's right, I went there.
    edited January 2010
    Akhmet wrote: »

Wow I want one of those interesting idea!
    edited January 2010
    Wow, between the click for the last page in this thread, and the throwing it up to view... the thread grows 2 pages...
    edited January 2010
    I know what the devs are thinking!

They are thinking that we are thinking that we know what they are thinking even though only they could know what they are thinking. And I think that they think that if we know what they are thinking then they think they better get this server up soon!

um....

I think...
    edited January 2010
    Must be a bad time for them right now if it takes this long--and I can sympathize.

What peeves me more than the downtime is the too-clever-by-half sniping of the several sarcastoles who think software development and server management are easy. The dev and net teams are working on a weekend while you guys sit back in your comfy chairs and fire off half-witty japes at their expense.

I, too, am working this weekend to ensure that my customer base, along with my entire team, guaranteeing 24-hour coverage during a critical cutover period. I happen to be off-shift right now, but I'll be driving in the middle of the night in to the office to make sure that all is well and that we can react instantly should an issue arise. (Just to be clear: I don't work for Cryptic; my team doesn't write computer games.)

I think that a little respect for the professionals providing you with a head start purely as a courtesy would go a long way. If you think that having paid money guarantees that the power will stay on, or that the water main won't break, or that the toaster will always toast, you should re-examine your thought processes. (Not only that, but the 30 days you get for buying the game doesn't include the head start--technically, you haven't paid for this time at all because your per-license price is the same as everyone else's.)

If you don't like your job, quit. It's their job and we expect them to do it well and in a professional manner. Also this "head start" was marketed as a product and we did pay to recieve the product. Try using logic it's fun.
    edited January 2010
    Good night folks, have fun when you finally get in :)
This discussion has been closed.