Install Arc
Options

Server down again 1/30/10 3pm est

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Rojor wrote:
    I live in the USA and what most people understood my piont was, as long as you can get cross the boarder you are better off not getting a green card. But what a lot of people don't understand is that a new american citizen gets a 5 year tax free break. Yes that is correct!

Then if you live in the USA, your healthcare is not free..... my taxes are paying for it, even if you dont pay them
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Rojor wrote:
    Why get a green card when I can make money without paying taxes and still have full medical benifits?

lol

What banana republic college did you drop out of to get that twisted idea into your head?

The whole reason Obamacare is failing is because of the cost. Healthcare costs money. Who's going to pay for it? Healthy Americans don't want to pay for unhealthy Americans. Why can't we just cover ourselves and our families? Why do I have to pay for that obese diabetic smoker who's living in Section 8 housing?

Section 8 housing means the government gives you money through Medicaid to live somewhere. It's the most pathetic form of welfare.

I'm just saying, there's nowhere in the world a place where you are provided free Healthcare without cost. Maybe you aren't paying American taxes, but you're certainly paying that nation's taxes (the place you are in). And if you aren't paying taxes at all, it means you're breaking the law, and then all bets are off.

-Summer Glau

P.S. If you crossed the border without a Green Card and are freeloading, then it doesn't matter bringing up your mystery tax break, because you aren't benefiting from it, because the IRS doesn't know to tax you. But it's fine - have a good life living off one menial job after another, never able to accrue credit or perform any meaningful function in society. There is a place and need for dregs. you'll be one of them.

My company will hire a thousand of your kind to erect our gorgeous and fabulous skyscrapers. The future, ho!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Again...

No MMO launch ever goes smooth.

Women and children get killed in combat, but that doesn't mean we should allow it to happen or try and correct it.

But point is taken, only a fool will yell at a deaf dumb and blind kid. So I guess we go back to pin ball since the decades of advancement we should have made in gaming has gone unnoticed.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    :D

1 Month ago = Closed beta excuse !it's a beta:p

2 Weeks ago = Open beta excuse !It's a beta

Yesturday HeadStart = excuse !It's still really a beta:p

Today 2 day HeadStart = excuse !It's an MMO their never finished

Tomorrow 3 day HeadStart = Excuse ! It's not released to public yet and is still really a beta

3 weeks time = Excuse !It's still early days for an mmo yet

Fast forward 12 months using red matter = Excuse MMmmmm we made a mistake IT'S STILL A BETA

Fast Forward another 3 months = Excuse's I don't care as starwars the old republic is being released bye bye.:D

Just trying to lighten things up a little lol
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    HardDrive2 wrote:
    Im curious what country you live in. I would love to not pay tax and get healthcare. So far every country Ive looked at that has medical care, charges tax to workers to cover it....unless the money is under the table, but then TRIBBLE it, most countries are doable

He was talking about the US and Illegal Immigrants. And yes, they get paid cash under the table and somehow manage to get on health care that is provided by the legit tax payers.

He was just making a joke, although its actually not funny cause its a harsh truth...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Rayvest wrote: »
    All you complainers are showing your maturity. So what if you paid 239.99. They didn't have to create head start. The head start was for the pre-order, not your damn subscription.

I have seen these kinds of starts in many games and most likely, you cry babies were still crying because you wet your diaper. They always make it up to you. So you little spoiled brats, shut up and sit back and wait for your bottle, It's coming.

Plus, hey here's an idea. Read the agreements once in a while you'll find that they don't have to bow down to you or give you a bottle.

I hate the start of new games. They always start off with us having to listen to the crying, the lanauage in the game because you have no other way to communicate without using the F -word. Plus we are stuck looking at all the idiots who

"OH MY GOSH WHERE IS IT, I DIDN'T KNOW?"

Cap using kiddies
    U are a Idoit I hate to call anyone that but hey. Pre-Order mean's we paid . The pre-order was told they would get a Headstart and a Month Sub. While we are losing our Headstart and soon to be losing our Paid month with Game. Which I'm not even *****in about I understand that MMO's have Bump's. But when u Havee a Huge Bug like the FPS 0.0000 Heatin Fx Card to the point of replacement and One Zone only for say 300,000 Plus ppl.Then there is going to be more Problems. U can't make a IP game like SW or ST and think u will only have 80,000 ppl on. But we are paid so don't say that no one paid. Because that is just being stupid.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Rojor wrote:
    Women and children get killed in combat, but that doesn't mean we should allow it to happen or try and correct it.

Exactly!

Again, this should have been sorted in Beta or Open Beta.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    HardDrive2 wrote:
    Then if you live in the USA, your healthcare is not free..... my taxes are paying for it, even if you dont pay them

Oh my god, lol. Do you guys not get it..... gebus! I know who pays the bills. I am saying why would they want to get a GC when they don't have to pay taxes that way and still get the benifits.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Sytek wrote:
    i hope swor is taking notes on wat NOT to do.....

Its Bioware - first MMO - I would give them a lot of leeway - but not Cryptic this is their 3rd MMO.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    if the servers cant handle whats going on in the head start how are they going to do on the 2nd?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Kurdaj wrote:
    P.S. If you crossed the border without a Green Card and are freeloading, then it doesn't matter bringing up your mystery tax break, because you aren't benefiting from it, because the IRS doesn't know to tax you. But it's fine - have a good life living off one menial job after another, never able to accrue credit or perform any meaningful function in society. There is a place and need for dregs. you'll be one of them.

My company will hire a thousand of your kind to erect our gorgeous and fabulous skyscrapers. The future, ho!

I don't think he was talking about himself. He was being sarcastic and just saying why bother being legit when you can just cross over and freeload off of others.

Anyways, it's off topic and I don't want to hijack the thread with political debate. =P
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Rojor wrote:
    Oh my god, lol. Do you guys not get it..... gebus! I know who pays the bills. I am saying why would they want to get a GC when they don't have to pay taxes that way and still get the benifits.

Because the benefits they are getting and not helping to provide will ultimatly crash and then there will be no benefits. Doesnt bother me, Ive taken care of myself my whole life, but, they will ruin it for their self when its no longer sustainable and people like me stopping helping ;)

An attmpt at a joke and a point, bu a lost one at that.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    optyk wrote: »
    I don't think he was talking about himself. He was being sarcastic and just saying why bother being legit when you can just cross over and freeload off of others.

Anyways, it's off topic and I don't want to hijack the thread with political debate. =P
    Agreed :D:p
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    EDIT entire Article. I was misinformed and I apologize.

The 3-5pm Maintenance is actually 3-5am. I apologize once again.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    optyk wrote: »

Thank God! Somebody out there can read and comprehend.

But it is funny how people will get more ****ed off over politics then they do over spending $240 for a nonfunctional game. Kinda makes you wonder about the hands we put money into and how ignorant people are about purchasing power. No hard working person would but $300 dollars into a 5yr old kids hand and expect them to make wise purchases. Some slick conman would sell them magic beans and walk off with their money (thats how Donald Trump got rich).

Question is should we plant these magic beans we have been sold or do we get smart and return them?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    So when is Cryptic gunna get the hammster back on the wheel :p
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    all i really want is good data on what the issue is and what is being done to fix it..you know Timelines, past fixes, thing put in place to make it stable..as interesting as it is to hear opinions on obamacare and greencards.....I just want stol info..stat :-)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    HardDrive2 wrote:
    So when is Cryptic gunna get the hammster back on the wheel :p

That hamster died, they had to go to the pet store to get a new one. But that one died on the way back, so back once more to the pet store. Hopefully this time they bought 2-3.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Rojor wrote:
    Thank God! Somebody out there can read and comprehend.

Oh, I understood it when you first replied.

Guess others needed a little help heh

Captain, our new sarcasm sensors are not working as intended! Abandon ship! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    if the servers cant handle whats going on in the head start how are they going to do on the 2nd?

They will adjust the servers and machine power accordingly, eh, so hard to understand and foresee what to do.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Smeghead wrote: »
    Personally I'm so tired of hearing this "It's to be expected of a new MMO" excuse. Cryptic basically only makes MMO's, so they should know what to expect. Especially over a highly anticipated title like Star Trek. Also this whole "WOW had the same problems and worse at launch" TRIBBLE. Oh yeah? Well that was 6 years ago and I doubt they really knew what to expect at that time since it was basically the first major MMO to come out and be so popular. This is 2010. Give me a break.

You don't buy 300 computers unless you need them. You order in emergency orders at best to do things right at the right cost. Tell me the truth you guys want to play the game and that's all there is... so why do you want to pressure more people working on it... do you like so much having someone over your shoulder while you work that screams at you to get the job done :p??? I paid over 530$ CAD so it's very expansive but this is STAR TREK and CRYPTIC STUDIOS so I have faith it will work out. I saw and played the game now, and I'm 100% positive this game will rock 2010 and beyond.
    There is better hardware and knowledge of what to expect but Cryptic is doing things half assed or just being cheap and don't want to shell out some money for some stability.

Again, you don't buy bulk hardware for fun. Will you burn your paycheck just because you can and anticipate a date, no, because it's stupidly bad management of money. You pay when you are certain and experiencing the thing that the money is well spent. That way you keep more for other important things.
    If your company only makes MMO's then there should be more stability than there is right now. This is just plain ridiculous. There is no excuse.... not in this day and age.

Every games are different by large and it's not going to make you immune or planning better for the next that will make it safe against the problems you encountered in the previous one. NCSOFT released Lineage2 and Aion, well I'm sorry to say but Aion was a much bigger hit than the previous one. It put NCSOFT on the big map now. They experienced so much difficulties but players still play the game, they had their round of things to check and fix, too.
    As the saying goes.... "You gotta spend money to make money." I love the game. I think it's great. My only complaint is their stability issues. Server may have only crashed a couple times but a lot of people forget about those who get dropped at random times, the rubberbanding effect, and long login times. Great headstart so far. Gotta love it.

Simply, stability issues, so why are you complaining the wrong way?

Gamers could say it right reporting bugs and not becoming emotional....that's something I'd look foward to read... bug reports and troubleshooting but not some impatient person who just snapped because he/she was not online for a bit while they work on problems. :p
  • Options
    edited January 2010

I've been wondering about that myself. As far as launches go this one hasn't been too terrible thus far, but we really don't know important facts to compare that against other launches either. Like how many people are actually playing in the head start. There's been some noticable lag and rubber banding, which makes me seriously wonder how this is going to look next week with the bulk of the player base online.

Of course there will be continuous code tightening to deal with performance issues like that, but still....
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    If only things ran as smoothly as the government. :p
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ok enough of this. I paid $239.99 to play the game. The server being down now is pathetic it's not even when the largest group of people are on that would be 2.2.10. I don't care if ti's the weekend. Cryptic needs to haul their people back into the office and make this run right.

*Note the above post is a vent, your opinion on the above post means something only to you.

*sigh* Look, it is just a game and guess what, technology is not perfect. This is a brand new MMO, crashes are just going to be par for the course for a while. Now if 6 month to a year down the road they are still seeing multiple crashes a day, then that is an issue.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Why am I not surprised by all the impatient whiners demands. Geez...so far this game has done better than most others on opening day despite a crash or two and the delayed loadings and the initial borg TRIBBLE up.

Patience folks..the servers will be up and you will get to play...sooner or later.:)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Now, the server went down unexpectedly at around 2pm PST. Then they have Scheduled Maintenance at 3pm-5pm PST on a weekend the second day after launch?

This is a PRE-launch gaming time. Players are really impatient and passionate because their game, eh.
    This means effectively on the 2nd day of launch the game will be out of commission for a total of 3-4 hours on a weekend during prime time game play.

Who cares if it's weekend, Christmas or lottery winner announced... they do their jobs when they have to and that's how it works.
    Like I said... I normally don't complain about thing but to attempt to be constructively critical. The "Scheduled" 3-5pm Maintenance on weekend the 2nd day after Launch was poorly planned. It should have been done overnight.

Not related to planning at all but due to problems related with the game server either overloaded or lacking in horsepower which gonna be adjusted as problems come in as every online games do. :p
    As for the server crashed... they are expected at a games launch. I understand that. What I do not expect is to be unable to play my Launch-Version of STO for up to 4 hours on a Weekend during prime-time gaming hours.

We will have next weekend and the ones after. lifetime subscription is a wonder... taking it easy and nicely as the game grows, no worries, no stress, no jump to admiral... just fun, all fun. :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It is actually 30/01/10 why do Americans insist on being the only country in the world to put the month first, for such a technically advanced country you can be so backwards.

Mainly because we are arrogant enough to do it.

This is my third pre-launch.

And this one is on par with the others.

Only difference that i can see, is that the graphics are prettier right before the server up-chucks.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hatsukoi wrote: »
    You don't buy 300 computers unless you need them. You order in emergency orders at best to do things right at the right cost.

So, you're saying that when they stated that open beta crushed the numbers, they didn't get a clue as to how popular the game would be? Do they not get any word at all from atari or any of their retailers on how many pre-orders they have? Do they honestly have no idea how many people will be playing this?

If all that's true, then they shouldn't be in the MMO market.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    knotoc wrote: »
    *sigh* Look, it is just a game and guess what, technology is not perfect. This is a brand new MMO, crashes are just going to be par for the course for a while. Now if 6 month to a year down the road they are still seeing multiple crashes a day, then that is an issue.

*Sigh* As myself and others have mentioned... this is their 3RD MMO. Do you not think they would know by now what demand to expect and to have enough servers to cater for the select few who are in headstart??

Whay are you all so ****ing quick to defend this company for, I just don't understand it. I swear to God, it sounds almost as if there's employees in here trying to defend themselves.

Online gaming isn't new. Neither are MMO's. They knew this was going to be a big game, and they knew from the demand that there were going to be thousands of orders. They know how many codes were in use and they know what times are the most active and which are not.

The fact remains, they're not doing enough - and what they are doing is very little and very late in the day.

Stop giving excuses. This isn't new technology, and I don't care about how "new" this game is. They're not new to the scene, and I and many others expected more from Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Iggep wrote:
    I've been wondering about that myself. As far as launches go this one hasn't been too terrible thus far, but we really don't know important facts to compare that against other launches either. Like how many people are actually playing in the head start. There's been some noticable lag and rubber banding, which makes me seriously wonder how this is going to look next week with the bulk of the player base online.

Of course there will be continuous code tightening to deal with performance issues like that, but still....

That's the problem Americans have about online games they try to compare launches but the real deal is each game is unique in appeal and fan base. Compare nothing and live the game. I promise you will enjoy it more ever time you play a new one. I'm starting FFXIV when it comes out this year but I know it won't be 90% smooth at launch date. So, I will just enjoy the game, its world and a good time.

People need to chill out and watch youtube videos, anime or else. This is gonna be back online and work fine later on that's all we can be sure. :p
This discussion has been closed.