test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server down again 1/30/10 3pm est

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Ok enough of this. I paid $239.99 to play the game. The server being down now is pathetic it's not even when the largest group of people are on that would be 2.2.10. I don't care if ti's the weekend. Cryptic needs to haul their people back into the office and make this run right.

*Note the above post is a vent, your opinion on the above post means something only to you.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    /agree the stability issue needs to be fixed.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Sorry to hear you wasted your money.
    It was like this during beta and I doubt it will change much.
    Expect 2 - 4 crashes a day and 2 -4 hours of maint a day.
    What you really paid for was to wait in line for those who didn't :D
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

*Serious Look*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yesterday was next to flawless. 1 crash in 9 hours.

Today I have crashed 5 times in 5 hours... Whats going on? :(
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    i imagine they already have a full crew working night and day, for at least the first while until the game gets more stable. with that being said, this server going down business is getting old already and it's just the second day. but, have a little faith, every MMO i've ever played is like this at launch.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Relax... it's post open beta dude... it's still post open beta. They're gonna fix it at launch, or post launch.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It will most likely be like this for a month or two, so get comfy.

To me, the game is still in Beta, still alot of bugs to fix. I'm sure it will ventually get stable but theres still some badass server crashes.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

*Serious Look*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AYE hahahah.
    I can't believe the servers are STILL this bad during headstart.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    When I get my next ship, I'm naming it the USS Loading.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Valleriani wrote: »
    It will most likely be like this for a month or two, so get comfy.

To me, the game is still in Beta, still alot of bugs to fix. I'm sure it will ventually get stable but theres still some badass server crashes.

Gees I was just kidding.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    wah wah wah....
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    LJ wrote: »
    Relax... it's post open beta dude... it's still post open beta. They're gonna fix it at launch, or post launch.

quite hilarious
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Is it too late to cancel my preorder?

I have been one of the FanBoys and a loyal supporter but now it's starting to look like I may need to save myself a massive headache. What the hell is going on here?:confused:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Somewhat pathetic, we're paying customers now, so beta excuses are pointless. Sorry, but so far I'm less than impressed with stability, there weren't even this many crashes in beta... Seriously consider cancelling, and coming back in a few months when the game is somewhere near finished, and is playable.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    You guys have got to be joking! It's unheard of for an MMO to open first day with the vast majority of people able to play all day without a disconnect, serious lag issues, or the servers all crashing. But that's exactly how it went down with STO yesterday.

What is it about official game forums that makes everyone into an overly dramatic crybaby?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ah MMO launches, gotta love them. :)

Is Cryptic's server side program in house or a packaged deal?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    i hope swor is taking notes on wat NOT to do.....
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Yesterday was flawless for me, no problems till today. I am pretty forgiving when it comes to things like this (maybe its just lazyness? lol) but I do hope this stuff gets straightened out.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    atlest the server is alot more stable then what the WoW release was. they basically had two days up and down none stop plus several weeks where it went up an down due to massive open pvp.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ok! So I didnt notice the AM rather then PM behind 3:00! :P
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ynp7 wrote: »
    You guys have got to be joking! It's unheard of for an MMO to open first day with the vast majority of people able to play all day without a disconnect, serious lag issues, or the servers all crashing. But that's exactly how it went down with STO yesterday.

What is it about official game forums that makes everyone into an overly dramatic crybaby?

Basically what I came here to say, thanks Ynp :)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ok enough of this. I paid $239.99 to play the game. The server being down now is pathetic it's not even when the largest group of people are on that would be 2.2.10. I don't care if ti's the weekend. Cryptic needs to haul their people back into the office and make this run right.

*Note the above post is a vent, your opinion on the above post means something only to you.

lulz ........ and I hate being right. I knew a lifetime sub would just make people feel a sense of entitlement (which it does to a degree) and then make them realize wether they paid $60 or $260 downtime is going to affect you the same way.

Also Cryptic is really starting to **** me off. When does this become not acceptable? Open beta? Head start? Release?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Its just frustrating.... Im gonna stick with Cryptic for a while because I love Star Trek but this is not a good omen. I know the whole "every MMO is like this at launch" comments will follow. I can say though that as ****** as WAR was at least personally for me it was a very smooth beta and launch. Im sure people had other experiences though. I can only report on what I personally experienced.

Cryptic, I keep the faith, but many are putting STO on a short leash, me included.:(
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    question?

What happened to all thse NEW machines they were talking about that would help out with the server issues? Are the machines they purchased from KOREA..mabey a KIA server? LOL..
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    ynp7 wrote: »

Captain, sensors are detecting large quantities of fail in that post.

Today however, is day two and it is a giant ball of excrement. If day one went well then it stands to reason that day two would be similar.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    It is actually 30/01/10 why do Americans insist on being the only country in the world to put the month first, for such a technically advanced country you can be so backwards.
  • Options
    edited January 2010

/signed They need to fix this.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Bavoratu wrote: »
    Scheduled Maintenance (January 30, 2010)
    We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Saturday, January 30th from 3:00AM PST to 5:00AM PST in order to perform maintenance, and apply a patch to further optimize server performance. We will update this thread once this maintenance has been completed.

Thank you,

The Star Trek Online Team

Yes 3:00AM PST to 5:00 AM PST we understand, but it is WAY passed those times. Try again please.
  • Options
    edited January 2010

I'd just like to say you paid $240 to play the game for free forever... not have special dispensation to rant about the server going down.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    People actually expecting a MMO to be up most of the time at launch/ AHAHAHAHA!!!

Being a pessimist makes one a much happier person, trust me. :p
This discussion has been closed.