test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Costume Request Thread

16465666769

Comments

  • touriktourik Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Noticed this while watching Discovery again and some of the Timelines artwork - the Disco and Disco Terran uniforms are missing the skirt worn by Keyla and Nhan, unless I'm overlooking something, and even though the boots for Mirror Keyla are present. Others don't really fit as they lack the metallic stripes. Would be nice to have that for completion. Even the unique chest piece worn by Mirror Detmer is missing, which seems to denote a first officer?

    Also the Terran 'Lord' gear would be nice - the big metal collar and gold/black cape. Also on the subject of Terrans, the armour they wear, equivalent to the excursion armour worn at various times and already in game would be good. Terran Guerilla armour is an OK substitute but not quite there.

    It's really way, way past time for the ENT/Nemesis Romulan gear, 'mon now.

    Would be nice for the Year of Klingon to get the Gorkon/Chang/Azetbur type of Klingon gear.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,566 Arc User
    tourik wrote: »
    Noticed this while watching Discovery again and some of the Timelines artwork - the Disco and Disco Terran uniforms are missing the skirt worn by Keyla and Nhan, unless I'm overlooking something, and even though the boots for Mirror Keyla are present. Others don't really fit as they lack the metallic stripes. Would be nice to have that for completion. Even the unique chest piece worn by Mirror Detmer is missing, which seems to denote a first officer?

    Also the Terran 'Lord' gear would be nice - the big metal collar and gold/black cape. Also on the subject of Terrans, the armour they wear, equivalent to the excursion armour worn at various times and already in game would be good. Terran Guerilla armour is an OK substitute but not quite there.

    It's really way, way past time for the ENT/Nemesis Romulan gear, 'mon now.

    Would be nice for the Year of Klingon to get the Gorkon/Chang/Azetbur type of Klingon gear.

    It would also be nice if the Black Badge from the Lobi Store could be placed on the Discovery Tactical Vest and not hidden underneath it.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 3,611 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    tourik wrote: »
    Noticed this while watching Discovery again and some of the Timelines artwork - the Disco and Disco Terran uniforms are missing the skirt worn by Keyla and Nhan, unless I'm overlooking something, and even though the boots for Mirror Keyla are present. Others don't really fit as they lack the metallic stripes. Would be nice to have that for completion. Even the unique chest piece worn by Mirror Detmer is missing, which seems to denote a first officer?

    Also the Terran 'Lord' gear would be nice - the big metal collar and gold/black cape. Also on the subject of Terrans, the armour they wear, equivalent to the excursion armour worn at various times and already in game would be good. Terran Guerilla armour is an OK substitute but not quite there.

    It's really way, way past time for the ENT/Nemesis Romulan gear, 'mon now.

    Would be nice for the Year of Klingon to get the Gorkon/Chang/Azetbur type of Klingon gear.

    It would also be nice if the Black Badge from the Lobi Store could be placed on the Discovery Tactical Vest and not hidden underneath it.

    Though that's probably an issue of how the items work (the tactical vest is most likely classed as "chest armor" which always go above the "badge" slot in your gear.
  • captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    Somethings Cryptic can add are 1 or 2 "modern" Gorn tunics, the outfit Droxine wore in TOS: The Cloud Minders for the 2021 summer event, and the "modern" FED EV suit from this game's Hur'q arc.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,566 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Cardassian Uniforms, ranks, and outfits! What is the point of being able to play as a Cardassian and have Cardassian bridge officers if they don't have any Cardassian costume options?! Elim Garak's outfit would be a nice start!
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    Cardassian Uniforms, ranks, and outfits! What is the point of being able to play as a Cardassian and have Cardassian bridge officers if they don't have any Cardassian costume options?! Elim Garak's outfit would be a nice start!

    IIRC the Uniforms come with the Species unlock...that being said, Transporter FX, SWD ground weapons & omni/wide-angles would be welcome if there isn't going to be a Cardassian f(r)action
    R E M A I N

    Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

    https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,566 Arc User
    bltrrn wrote: »
    jcsww wrote: »
    Cardassian Uniforms, ranks, and outfits! What is the point of being able to play as a Cardassian and have Cardassian bridge officers if they don't have any Cardassian costume options?! Elim Garak's outfit would be a nice start!

    IIRC the Uniforms come with the Species unlock...that being said, Transporter FX, SWD ground weapons & omni/wide-angles would be welcome if there isn't going to be a Cardassian f(r)action

    I have purchased the species and am playing a Cardassian character. I have absolutely no Cardassian outfits or costumes.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 41,757 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    then thats a bug cause my cardassian has his cardassian uniform. Unfortunately there isn't a cardassian combadge
    Post edited by westx211 on
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 3,611 Arc User
    westx211 wrote: »
    then thats a bug cause my carcassonne has his carcassonne uniform. Unfortunately there isn't a cardassian combadge

    was there ever one, IIRC Cardassians used wrist mount communicators in the shows and the badge of their uniforms was just an inert piece of metal (or what ever material it was made of).
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 41,757 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    westx211 wrote: »
    then thats a bug cause my carcassonne has his carcassonne uniform. Unfortunately there isn't a cardassian combadge

    was there ever one, IIRC Cardassians used wrist mount communicators in the shows and the badge of their uniforms was just an inert piece of metal (or what ever material it was made of).

    It might not have functioned as a communications device but they did indeed have a badge on their chest like the Starfleet badge. A few Cardassian NPCs in game wear one.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,566 Arc User
    westx211 wrote: »
    spiritborn wrote: »
    westx211 wrote: »
    then thats a bug cause my carcassonne has his carcassonne uniform. Unfortunately there isn't a cardassian combadge

    was there ever one, IIRC Cardassians used wrist mount communicators in the shows and the badge of their uniforms was just an inert piece of metal (or what ever material it was made of).

    It might not have functioned as a communications device but they did indeed have a badge on their chest like the Starfleet badge. A few Cardassian NPCs in game wear one.

    I think Dukat had one as well, at least sometimes.
    https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https://tse1.explicit.bing.net/th?id=OIP.9sjR8WOUrEDPM_TYrGCQ8QHaFr&pid=Api&f=1
  • generaaleric#5760 generaaleric Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    glasses, like prescription glasses
  • galactickirigalactickiri Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    Let's get some omni costume slots in the game, so uniforms and costume slots aren't restricted by type. It's been hampering editor creativity for a long time.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,634 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    jcsww wrote: »
    tourik wrote: »

    Though that's probably an issue of how the items work (the tactical vest is most likely classed as "chest armor" which always go above the "badge" slot in your gear.

    You can actually add the disco badge to the disco vest
  • mrlostsoul#1950 mrlostsoul Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    And when you're at it, please add a Cardassian home world. I have not played a Cardi yet, so I don't know how you introduce the Cardi player character to STO, but well known races should be represented with their own home worlds. Just something to consider. Thank you Dev'ers.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,566 Arc User
    And when you're at it, please add a Cardassian home world. I have not played a Cardi yet, so I don't know how you introduce the Cardi player character to STO, but well known races should be represented with their own home worlds. Just something to consider. Thank you Dev'ers.

    That really would be nice! There is very little for the playable Cardassian in the first place. Not even a Cardassian badge for their or to use on any uniforms.
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    The 'Gorn Tunic' option on Gorn characters ALWAYS defaults to 'modern' Gorn chest underneath. The 'Gorn Tunic' is a 23rd century costume, yet CANNOT be used with 23rd century Gorn chest.

    There needs to be an option under 'chest gear' with 23rd century bare Gorn chest that includes the 'Gorn tunic' in addition to the odd looking 'Gorn Tunic Loose' toga thing.
  • tjsinclairtjsinclair Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    How about an Edosian species, at least for boffs?

    Definitely need more Cardassian options. And I'm sure they've been mentioned but I really want the 2385 uniforms from Picard. Wouldn't mind the Lower Decks versions as well, including the one the Edosian doctor wore. Lab coats for our medical officers/scientists too. Proper Discovery Enterprise uniforms, including the skirt. Apollo and Carolyn Palamas' outfits from "Who Mourns for Adonais?" for another TOS throwback. Kirk's other green wraparound, which I like a heck of a lot better. The Franklin uniforms from Beyond. Burnham's new hairstyle, and honestly, a LOT more black hairstyles and more diverse skintone options would be lovely, too. Georgiou's outfits from Discovery. Disco Andorian options. Sarek and Amanda's outfits. Kirk and Spock's outfits from The Voyage Home, and Kirk's "bomber jacket" from The Final Frontier. I know I'm asking too much, but at least some of these would be really nice.

    But given this game's love of time travel, I'm about 4/5 certain we'll see Disco Season Three stuff before we get any of that.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,566 Arc User
    I am a little surprised we don't have the new 31st century Admiral's uniform and the 31st century CommBadge as well. PWE sure is slacking in the barbie fluff department.
  • oliverrogerr#5018 oliverrogerr Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    More Borg parts...
  • oliverrogerr#5018 oliverrogerr Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    and the possibility of releasing clothes purchased for the Boffs as well ....
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,302 Arc User
    Romulan, Orion and Cardassian gear like full Tal Shair uniforms, Qowat Milat uniforms, Zhat Vash uniforms, Cardassian badges, Cardassin ground weapons, Tendi's Orion outfit from Rise of Vindicta and the Orion outfits from ENT.
  • westmetalswestmetals Member Posts: 8,396 Arc User
    And when you're at it, please add a Cardassian home world. I have not played a Cardi yet, so I don't know how you introduce the Cardi player character to STO, but well known races should be represented with their own home worlds. Just something to consider. Thank you Dev'ers.

    The existing Cardassians were simply added as a race option for the two main factions - no special storyline at all. Just like the Vulcans, etc.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,566 Arc User
    I would really like the ability to use costume parts for costumes I own on other costumes! I own the Wells outfit on a few characters but I would really like to use the Wells badge and ranks on other uniforms.
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,302 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    bltrrn wrote: »
    jcsww wrote: »
    Cardassian Uniforms, ranks, and outfits! What is the point of being able to play as a Cardassian and have Cardassian bridge officers if they don't have any Cardassian costume options?! Elim Garak's outfit would be a nice start!

    IIRC the Uniforms come with the Species unlock...that being said, Transporter FX, SWD ground weapons & omni/wide-angles would be welcome if there isn't going to be a Cardassian f(r)action

    I have purchased the species and am playing a Cardassian character. I have absolutely no Cardassian outfits or costumes.

    Cardassians do come with a uniform, you just have to put the uniform on piece by piece, it comes with boots, pants, shirt and that weird piece that goes over the chest that looks like a flea cone, there's no gloves, badges or anything else
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,634 Arc User
  • daemonhelddaemonheld Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Soooooo... Doing the current event (First Contact Day, 2021), and rewards are choices of comm badges.. there are badges for just about everything.. Saurian.. two different Trill badge.. KLINGON... Why didn't Romulans get a comm badge? Can this please be added?


    Andorian Badge
    Bajoran Religious Badge
    Benzite Badge
    Betazoid Badge
    Bolian Badge
    Caitian Badge
    Earth (Human) Badge
    Ferengi Badge
    Klingon Badge
    Liberated Borg Badge
    Pakled Badge
    Rigelian Badge
    Saurian Badge
    Tellarite Badge
    Trill Badge
    Trill Symbiosis Commission Badge
    Vulcan Badge
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    daemonheld wrote: »
    Soooooo... Doing the current event (First Contact Day, 2021), and rewards are choices of comm badges.. there are badges for just about everything.. Saurian.. two different Trill badge.. KLINGON... Why didn't Romulans get a comm badge? Can this please be added?


    Andorian Badge
    Bajoran Religious Badge
    Benzite Badge
    Betazoid Badge
    Bolian Badge
    Caitian Badge
    Earth (Human) Badge
    Ferengi Badge
    Klingon Badge
    Liberated Borg Badge
    Pakled Badge
    Rigelian Badge
    Saurian Badge
    Tellarite Badge
    Trill Badge
    Trill Symbiosis Commission Badge
    Vulcan Badge

    And Remans, and Gorn, and Naussicans, etc.
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    daemonheld wrote: »
    Soooooo... Doing the current event (First Contact Day, 2021), and rewards are choices of comm badges.. there are badges for just about everything.. Saurian.. two different Trill badge.. KLINGON... Why didn't Romulans get a comm badge? Can this please be added?


    Andorian Badge
    Bajoran Religious Badge
    Benzite Badge
    Betazoid Badge
    Bolian Badge
    Caitian Badge
    Earth (Human) Badge
    Ferengi Badge
    Klingon Badge
    Liberated Borg Badge
    Pakled Badge
    Rigelian Badge
    Saurian Badge
    Tellarite Badge
    Trill Badge
    Trill Symbiosis Commission Badge
    Vulcan Badge

    And Remans, and Gorn, and Naussicans, etc.

    Short answer is because all of these requested races are not Starfleet-faction (Playable) Races. Klingon is there because the Fed-Klingon is playable. There's Trill and Joined Trill, considered separate races for character creation purposes. There's Caitians but not Ferasans, Vulcans but not Romulans. Betazoid is throwing me because I'm not sure if that's playable, but with the Troi family being such a major part of TNG-on, they had to do it.

    That all said, I do think it'd be nice to have some of those suggested badges, especially if they were compatible with the Khitomer Alliance uniform, but I'm not expecting it. First Contact Day is very much a Human day, the way we celebrate it.
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
Sign In or Register to comment.