What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fourth Fleet - Starbase 24

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    good morning everyone hope everyone had a great weekend. people are hoping that the season 2 patch will go to tribble tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I am looking forward to some new content, hopefully it'll breathe a little life into this place!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    J_Evans wrote: »
    I am looking forward to some new content, hopefully it'll breathe a little life into this place!

Agreed. I'm still making my way to Admiral, however, so I don't have those feelings of "omg boring" you do. :P
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    boggie- please change your signature, in the 4th fleet you are a cadet
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I haven't been here in ages... Oh well, it's time for me to make my return!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    dan blizz- who are you?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Hi all,

I'm taking my last 3 classes to finish my bachelors and then I am going to start my MBA. I guess I can be more active but I have been busy with our company softball team, dragon boat race team and working out as well as classes. See you around.

Crusha
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    its possible that we not getting season 2 on tribble today.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by captain_quack
    code ranger- since you found issues and not going to be able to fix until tomorrow does that mean it wont go to tribble tomorrow?

The hope (as always) is that we get it fixed early in the morning, run a new incremental build (which is faster than a baseline by many hours), and have QA review the fixes. A push tomorrow isn't ruled out, but as with both Friday and today, all I can say is we will do our best :-)
    edited July 2010
    well it looking like i was right no patch so far or anything else for that matter.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Looks like your right Quack, just got home read the message and logged on to STO and saw no updates or patchs being loaded.

chas
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    stoked had an interview with new ep dan shahl, he a liar also. they said the update was going to be on tribble this morning lies. the update to go live as been pushed back to july 29. cryptic is getting worse.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    my momma talk a to me try to tell me how to live... but i don't listen to her cause my head is like a civ.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Hi all. Just thought i'd let you guys know that cryptic are applying some of season 2 to tribble at the moment. Ship interiors are not going to be turned on for the first test of the build.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    thats only because you heard me in teamspeak and beat me to the punch because i had errands to run. lol
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    lets say they tried and failed misserably. lol it still isnt active on tribble and wont be until maybe tomorrow if they are lucky. posted by dstahl guy.

Status of Season 2 Patch on Tribble

Wednesday 12:00 PM PDT: Currently, the developers are working on properly setting up the servers for Season 2. They are running into some technical difficulties and hope to have it fixed soon. I will post an update when we have more information.

Wednesday 12:23PM PDT: The new ETA is Thursday July 8. There are some processes that will need to be taken care of overnight before the build can be pushed to Tribble.

I will update this OP as more updates are received.

Last edited by GMDestra : Today at 03:26 PM.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    well its thursday morning and still not up or fixed talking about the season 2 on tribble of course.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    the engineer DB has been postin on the forums as of know there is no good or bad news he claims they are making progress. so that means dont know when its getting fixed and we can play on tribble. by the way tribble has been brought down since yesterday until season 2 gets fixed and installed.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    ok the tribble is up and running just before midnite last night. this morning they bringing down sto for maintance. unfortuneatley i cant play yet because im working and in the morning it will be down so im beat until the afternoon.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Well I just loged into the game and I saw no now updates, when are they going to push the new updates Quack, I'm asking you since you have been keeping up wiht the updates.

Chas
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    chas- the season 2 is up on the tribble server. its been for over a day. i hear they are finding alot of bugs. the main bug that is upseting people is that sidekicking doesnt work and people cant enter the same fleet action instance.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Thanks Quack, I just got tribble up and running on my system and I'm waiting for my character to be transferd to tribble. Can't wait to give it a try.

Chas
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    they updated tribble again to make fixes and add a couple of more missions.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    dstahl gave an interview with hailing frequency. it was very informative and you can check it out http://hailingfrequency.com/boards/index.php?topic=2212.0 its almost half hour and among answering alot of questions answers 2 questions that i have been asking for some time. the questions are player generated content and fleet owned star bases.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    people are making a private series called phase II of star trek takes place after the original series. http://www.trekfederation.com/voyages/voyages-summer-2010-edition-6-15-2010.pdf
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    well dstahl has posted on a thread saying sto might go free to play. http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=2832102 seems that the FA called it, just seems that it could happen sooner then he thought.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Hi all. I have read that article and he talks that he could see the game use a hybrid model like LOTRO as in have certain parts of the game free to play but still have the option of having a sub to play the rest of the game and he does not say that is the way the game might go but that at some stage it could happen. I do not see them doing that for awhile but you never know, it would not effect me as i have a lifetime sub.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    cryptic brought the servers down this morning for maintance. i dont think it going to have a patch nothing said about one.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    in the update there is a patch a 66mb patch but no comment or release note to find out what it is about.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    go to the front page cryptic team with intel to come up with a ship contest. do we have any architechs.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    startrek.com relaunched today. it is in beta.