edited August 2010
    Hmm lots of backend work going on
  • Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    hollarin out 4th fleet rules baby.
    edited August 2010
    dixon- you a good boy lol quack quack.

quack at you- your signature super cool, im jealous. by the way you are going to have to attend a class special for you. its to learn to quack. lol
    edited August 2010
    Since I am playing more again these days, felt i should give a shout-out for the fleet!
    edited August 2010
    just thought i'd drop in and say hi to my fellow fleet mates
    edited August 2010
    glad to see my fellow team mates post.
    edited August 2010
    Just doing my part to try to keep us on the first page of the forum.
    edited August 2010
    get aload of this TRIBBLE.

Today, 09:32 PM #67
    isomorphism
    Cryptic Studios Team

Hi guys; I'm one of the programmers working on this issue. We're working as fast as we can to try to track this down, so I wanted to give you guys an update on our progress.

It looks like there are a variety of unrelated problems that all cause this same issue to manifest, where warping in to a system in a star cluster will cause the game client to lock up or boot you. We've identified some problems on our end that are causing this, that are new in Season 2, but it looks like most people who are having problems are being affected by something on their end.

If you are having problems warping in to any star cluster system, and nothing seems to help with it, but you don't have problems logging in to the game or warping into "normal" systems, then there's a good chance there's a firewall or antivirus software blocking the attempt to patch. Try adding an exception to your firewall or antivirus software for GameClient.exe, or temporarily disable it entirely, if this is safe to do so.

If you're having problems with just one star cluster system specifically, or one particular star cluster, but other ones work, this is important, and please make sure to tell us this when you post to the forums. If the problem is itermittent, that is, it will usually work when you retry, this is important for us to know.

Finally, if you're posting a problem report for this in the forums, it's important to say at precisely what time (and time zone) it failed.

i am so mad at this i cancelled my subscription.
    edited August 2010
    dstahl wrote: »
    This is one of the next steps once we get the new PVP queue system out to Holodeck (which is very soon!)

The plan is to allow the queue system to allow players to launch private instances of PVE maps as well.

Goood, Goood :)
    edited August 2010
    It seems there is no right way to tell your gf that she dresses like a woman of the night.
    edited August 2010
    bigduckie wrote:
    Goood, Goood :)

Was I supposed to instantly read this like Palps in RotS?! If not, then forget you saw this... move along!

bigduckie wrote:
    It seems there is no right way to tell your gf that she dresses like a woman of the night.

Of course not! Even if she was lady of the night, she still wouldn't want to hear the truth. IT'S A TRAP!
    edited August 2010
    hello 4th and good day
    edited August 2010
    Top o' the morning, fleet. I suspect we will be seeing more activity with the new weekly episodes starting.

I have to admit, Cold Call is an impressive beginning. I am sure that opening the new sector really bolstered the launch of the weeklies, so here's hoping the devs are holding a few surprises for each new episode.
    edited August 2010
    Been a while since I've given you guys a visit. Hope things been well and a friendly fleet bump.
    edited August 2010
    Just thought i'd drop in to say hi to the fleet. I am curious do i have to register again for the new site?
    edited September 2010
    RevanIRL wrote: »
    Just thought i'd drop in to say hi to the fleet. I am curious do i have to register again for the new site?

Nope, just use your log in name and password and you are set.

Adm. Chas
    edited September 2010
    Ahoy former fleetmates. Just wanted to drop a line to let you all know that I am alive and well and of course a friendly thread bump. Coming back to the game after taking a brief hiatus. While I am playing more, I am going to stay freelance for now as it is still difficult for me to maintain active to fleet standards. However, feel free to send me a /tell ingame if my assistance is needed or to just say hi.

Ingram
    edited September 2010
    ingram- send me a pm if you are interested in gaming and talk about your activity or lack of. you have been sent a pm by the FA about the status of the fleet.

as for me and sto'. it looks like i will be making my return provided the update works and the clusters are playable. as posted by cryptic, maintance and update happening today at 6am est.

ST.5.20100830a.5

Episode 2 of our first weekly mission arc will air Saturday, September 4 at 11:00 AM PDT!

General
    Star Clusters: Continued improves to map loading in star clusters to help alleviate maps that don't load.
    Star Clusters: Players can now team up for star cluster missions again!
    Consumable Items: Fixed an issue where consumable items could not be used more than once per equip
    Incapacitated Breen enemies no longer show cold, foggy breaths.
    A gap has been fixed in the doorways of Starfleet interiors that was allowing players to see into space.
    Lighting has been adjusted in the Ship Editor.
    Phaser beams no longer split when targeting an enemy.
    Fixed a rare case where Bridge Officers could have only 3 ground abilities.
    Cryonic Grenades
    Will now grant immunity to the Cold Hold/Stun for 1minute. (No more chain holds from these grenades)
    Removed the Stat bonus to Grenades that the Cryonic Grenades were granting.
    The excelsior transwarp audio has been updated to only be audible within a small range around the ship initiating transwarp.
    The waypoints out of the Orellius Sector Block now read Beta Ursae Sector Block and Eta Eridani Sector Block.
    The Orellius Sector Block is now properly labeled on the Galaxy Map
    The lighting has been improved on the Defera planet surface.
    Ambient audio has been adjusted on the Defera planet surface.
    General performance updates to eliminate the source of a map crash
    Removed an unncecessary error message when players used a wormhole to transfer maps

Missions
    Cold Call
    Players on a team no longer spawn into a wall in the Cold Call diplomacy room.
    The Star Chart puzzle has been deactivated for now. You’ll have to wait for a new episode to see what’s in store!
    The message to depart system will now appear as soon as the mission is complete
    Aid the Planet
    The Deferi have added an additional Patrol craft to the Defera Sector so that players have an easier time finding the "Deferi Patrol".
    These Patrols will no longer mysteriously vanish while on their patrol route.
    Ambassador Surah will also provide a better description of where the different locations are within the sector.
    This Daily Patrol now gives 3 Emblems if you complete it at max rank.
    Deferi Patrols will no longer mysteriously vanish while on their patrol route.
    A new Breen ship has been seen flying in the Raveh sector (this is a prelude to an upcoming mission)
    The Security Arrays daily mission now properly directs players to Deferi Outpost 3.
    The Starfleet officers on Vega (Tutorial) no longer occasionally remain in a “holding weapon” stance after putting their weapons away.
    General typo fixes have been made to recently added missions.
    The Commander promotion mission for Feds will now advance when people buy an Advanced Heavy Cruiser (Excelsior) as their ship choice. Those who have already ranked up will still need to select one of the free ships at that tier to advance the mission.

PvP Queue
    Changing the Kills count in a Challenge Queue now commits when clicking away, instead of just pressing Enter.
    A fix has been made for a case that could cause uneven teams.
    Fixed an error where a Fleet name wasn't being referenced properly

UI

The “Join” button on the Channels tab now becomes active if you have been invited to a chat channel.
    The Whitelist_Invite command now auto-completes properly in the chat box.
    The “New Repository” button now properly deactivates once your Fleet has purchased all available Repositories.
    If you do not have Shields equipped, the UI now displays “N/A” for your shield value.
    Ship names can now properly be 16 characters long when they’re renamed.
    Klingon Honor now shows the correct icon.
    Clicking “Retry” on a failed mission will now drop the mission without an error message if the mission can’t be accepted (i.e. a daily mission on cooldown).

Last edited by dstahl : Yesterday at 10:58 PM. Reason: adding additional missing items and editing for clarity
    edited September 2010
    Greetings my fellow fleet mates i hope you are all having a good day.
    edited September 2010
    Can't wait for the 3rd Breen Episode on Saturday. These have been a much needed breath of fresh air.

Weekly episodes + Cluster Mission Teaming restored (Me and Cupcake confirmed that last night) = good things.
    edited September 2010
    Thats good to hear, looks like these new episodes are what was needed. I'll have to see if I can set some time aside to give it a crack at it.

Adm. Chas
    edited September 2010
    What's shakin' in the Fightin' Fourth?
    Hey guys, I'm Ithaqua, Special Envoy for the Knights Templar. I wanted to take just a second of your time and invite members of your Fleet to come and participate in our new PvP League!

http://i27.servimg.com/u/f27/13/37/02/59/poster10.jpg

If anyone is interested and would like to sign up, just post your interest or questions in this thread:
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=180396

or here on the Knights Templar website.

Hope to see you there! :D
    Ith.
    edited September 2010
    Thanks for the heads-up, Ithaqua!

I know of a particular few of us, who would be very interested in checking this out. I'll get the word around.
    edited September 2010
    Well fleet mates its another Saturday which means another weekly episode to play. Hope to see some of you online.
    edited October 2010
    wow you are all slackers. i am back. quack quack. the amount of posts on here since i left is disgusting.
    know that the first series is done. and we await for the second series to come out lets schedule a welcome back quack event. stay tuned for details.
    edited October 2010
    Sounds Good Quack, Looking foward to seeing you iin game. As for the amout of posting in the last month, well that is probley due to the re-org we are going through.

Anyway welcome back.

Chas
    edited October 2010
    thank you and hopefully cryptic doesnt re break the game to where it is virtually unplayable again. i am glad to be back and working on an event.

yesterday playing with hick and dixon hunt was fun in the clusters. i had to bail on them because my sister wanted to use my computer, supposedly she getting one next week but she lies.
    edited October 2010
    earlier today was awesome we had alot of members on metten, hick, donald, dixon hunt , chas and i played the new dailys. was great.

dont forget to check ingame fleet event, and our forums, made an event for next week.
    edited October 2010
    Morning fellow faces. Haven't been on your thread in a while. Have one piece of business to pitch. I want to organize a PVP offensive into Klingon territory this coming Saturday at 5pm EST. The Klingons have really been a pain in the TRIBBLE with their ambushes of late, especially when using <<wink wink>> advanced firepower to their advantage.

If you're interested, I want to have the meeting point at Space Station K-7.