• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I'll get withdrawal symptoms! :p
    edited March 2011
    Hopefully it won't take too long :p
    edited March 2011
    Yay! Hehe. Really looking forward to it now. Mostly because I appreciate how much blood, sweat and tears has gone into it and what a labour of love it is. :)
    edited March 2011
    We're currently on our backup TeamSpeak server and we'll be experiencing downtime for the site soon, but it shouldn't be down too long. Be sure to check your inbox for information on our backup location :)

Remember the new site isn't coming until Thursday, this is just for maintenance and upgrades :cool:
    edited March 2011
    Cant wait to see all the upgrades!
    edited March 2011
    Managed to do all 5 Cloaked Encounters missions to get the Reman officer on my latest alt before it expired! Just 3 more missions on my last alt to go! I shouldn't have left it tot he last minute!
    edited March 2011
    How is the progress going now? :D
    edited March 2011
    About to start the last 3 missions on Caitlyn. Quite enjoying these misisons even on the 2nd and 3rd run throughs. Good work Cryptic!
    edited March 2011
    Yea I still need to do the last episode... again actually, I didn't get credited for it the first run through. Shall probably do that on Friday now.
    edited March 2011
    Happened to me on the 3rdon my first run through. And I did the others after so I had to do the last 3 twice and then again for 2 more alts!!

Careful when you do it if you want the Reman officer of when they do the update this week as it'll be removed as a reward.
    edited March 2011
    Yay! All done!! Phew!!
    edited March 2011
    We're back online. The redirect from www.ufplanets.com to the forums isn't working right now, but it'll be fixed soon. In the interim, visit the forums directly @ forum.ufplanets.com
    edited March 2011
    Aha, htaccess file repaired. www.ufplanets.com now redirects to the forums.

Speaking of forums...

We're going to be pulling the forums down tomorrow (Thursday the 24th) at 11:00EST / 15:00GMT to perform further maintenance during which time we'll be bringing the new website online. We're uncertain of exactly how long this will take, but we're certain it'll take at least few hours.

We're very excited to be finally releasing this to all of you, and hope you enjoy the hard work and time that has gone into its creation. We've been working long and hard since the beginning of February, and we're very proud of the unique look we've produced.
    edited March 2011
    Guys, I can't wait to see the new site!!

On another note, I'm looking for feedback on a PVP Duelling League within the fleet. Just an idea I've had as another way to keep us all busy and fully entertained. :)
    edited March 2011
    Site is now offline and we're moving forward with the necessary transfer and upgrade work. It is going to take us some time, but it's a necessary evil to bring about our new shiney website.
    In the mean time, our TeamSpeak server will be remaining online. If you can't connect via ts.ufplanets.com, try 217.146.93.56.
    See you soon!
    edited March 2011
    Hi guys.

We've had some issues with upgrading vBulletin which has caused a bit of a slow down in our plans. Neo and Sharp are working hard on resolving the problem.

In the mean time as I mentioned earlier, feel free to hop on our TeamSpeak server at ts.ufplanets.com or 217.146.93.56.
    Hopefully it won't be too long! :D
    edited March 2011
    Looking forward to seeing the new website. Really missed browsing/reading the forums during lunch. :)
    edited March 2011
    The new ones should be up soon enough. :)
    edited March 2011
    Can't wait! :)
    edited March 2011
    OK guys we're reaching the home straight, shouldn't be too much longer now, thanks for all your patience. :D
    edited March 2011
    Read the latest at www.ufplanets.com - suffice to say after 12 hours of almost solid effort, we've had to take a break and reconvene for tomorrow. Apologies for the delay, but we don't forsee there being any further issues from now on, just a matter of time. The early database issues which arose from the latest vBulletin 4 version resulted in many hours of delay which we didn't believe had to be factored in.

The team is looking to install a chat box in the temporary page for ufplanets.com, so we can at least have a chit chat in the mean time :p
    We're going to be back at it fresh for tomorrow :)
    edited March 2011
    Alright everyone, grand re-opening on Friday!
    edited March 2011
    Wow these forums have been quiet today... anywho, site is looking great, a lot of big obstacles have been overcome and it really shouldn't be much longer now. ;)
    edited March 2011
    I have to say the dedication and effort levels of the team has been exemplary. I'll be making a donation for the new site once it's up and I have sobered up after an evening out! :)
    edited March 2011
    Snazzy new website is online www.ufplanets.com surely the best looking Star Trek site in the world?
    edited March 2011
    Thanks to everyone who poured their talent and time into this project, the results speak for themselves. Well done all!

www.ufplanets.com
    edited March 2011
    I am unable to log into the site. Do we need to register again?
    edited March 2011
    Shakken wrote:
    I am unable to log into the site. Do we need to register again?

No, your details should be the same.
    edited March 2011
    If anyone has any issues, feel free to PM myself, Sharpkiller or Neo so we can try and resolve it for you :)
    edited March 2011
    Awesome work guys!!

G x