test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

{UFP} The United Federation of Planets

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Thanks Grace. :)
    If anyone has any issues with the new site, do PM either myself, Neo or Sharpkiller - there are bound to be a few rough edges to smooth out. Meanwhile, content on the website will continue to grow, and of course work on alternative themes will commence in the near future. :cool:
    edited March 2011
    Hath, the site does look very nice. Congrats to you and your team!
    edited March 2011
    Cheers Zach, it's great to finally be able to share all the effort. :)

For those considering joining, here's a little about what we offer:

• Access to a large, helpful and friendly community
    • Support for both modern and classic Star Trek PC titles
    • Active TeamSpeak 3 server (optional with or without mic)
    • Veteran leadership that supports and seeks out fleet feedback
    • Many weekly activities in all supported games
    • Regular podcasts, as well as magazine releases from the Herald
    • Recruit Support Officers for every new member
    • Active forum full of helpful tips, jokes, discussions and more
    • Social events such as Trivia Night, TeamSpeak games and more
    • Skilled staff in management, graphics and coding

All we ask in return is:

• Sign Roll Call at the beginning of each month (reminders sent)
    • Follow the Code of Conduct
    • Treat each member as you would have them treat you

For more information, check out this page, or send me a PM, or indeed visit out main website at www.ufplanets.com :)
    edited March 2011
    We're currently broadcasting our UFP Award Ceremony which shines the spotlight on those who help make the fleet, the best it can be. Watch now at http://ufplanets.com/ufpac.php and join us on TeamSpeak 3 (ts.ufplanets.com) for all the festivities!
    edited March 2011
    Sorry I missed the UFPAC! I had a date which over ran! :p But was pleasantly surprised when I read through the various awards to see I got a mention and very grateful for it too. UFP rocks!
    edited March 2011
    Congratulations Grace, and congratulations to all who were awarded. A particular mention to Bondgadget and Mikester, who both join us in Starfleet Command. Their tireless efforts and dedication to the UFP while having an engaging and creative attitude toward all fleet matters are worthy of an invitation to SFC, which I am most pleased they have accepted.

Great job to the team involved in the UFP Award Ceremony, I think it was easily our least glitchy yet with very few technical difficulties! :p
    Also, thank you to Reggie for hosting Star Trek: Changelings on TeamSpeak, a great and funny TeamSpeak game you can enjoy with or without a mic, exclusive to the UFP ;).

If you're reading this, and it sounds like the kind of fleet you want to be part of, sign up today! http://join.ufplanets.com :D
    edited March 2011
    It's great to see all contributions to the fleet recognised no matter how great or small or from the longest serving and highest ranked members to those who are fresh out of the academy.

UFP is a very inclusive fleet which promotes a shared responsibility and actively encourages it's members to get involved and contribute to the running of the fleet.

SIgnup today and be apart of the UFP
    edited March 2011
    Shame I missed the UFPAC, heard it was good though. Looking forward to seeing the video.
    edited March 2011
    Yea hopefully the video will be up soon :)
    edited March 2011
    I'm looking forward to watching that as I too missed it.
    edited March 2011
    I'm hoping to make some good progress this week on my Science BO.
    edited March 2011
    We have a great new website made by the brilliant folks in our fleet, they have spent months programming, designing, and doing all sorts of geeky stuff to make it happen. Come check it out.

ALSO! I'm looking for Asia Pacific players or people that play in those times to join me on a wild adventure of STO. Feel free to PM with any questions, you're free to come on our TS and chat, and put in application. Let's REPRESENT DA ASIAPAC YO!

Ninja@MonCapitan
    edited March 2011
    The UFPAC was wonderful. The videos were well done. So much so, that I had to throw in a TNG Movie DVD afterwards! :)

And the new website is truly... beautiful!
    edited March 2011
    You can join UFP quickly and easily by going to http://join.ufplanets.com! :D
    edited March 2011
    Congratulations to everyone who was recognized at the UFPAC! :D
    edited March 2011
    Almost Commander now on my Sci Officer. :)
    edited March 2011
    Well done, Grace! :D
    edited March 2011
    You can join UFP at join.ufplanets.com :)
    edited April 2011
    I'm back up and working after my power supply gave out on me!! :) Phew!

G x
    edited April 2011
    Remember everyone the fleet weekly PvP is today, 1st of April 13:00PST, 16:00EST, 21:00GMT, 22:00CET, 06:00KST, 07:00AEST.
    edited April 2011
    April Fools it is!

G
    edited April 2011
    The UFP is getting Foundry Fever!! Foundry Event Nights will be coming soon, Foundry Forum is all set up and we're working on something else too which is Foundry related.

Want to join in? Apply here!
    edited April 2011
    Did you know that the {UFP} supports more Star Trek games than just STO? We support Armada II, Voyager: Elote Force, Bridge Commander to name just a few. Sound like you want to know more? Just head over to the brand new LCARS style website at www.ufplanets.com/
    edited April 2011
    Congrats on your promotion to Leiutenant Grace and your new position within IA and SFO. I look forward to seeing more events posted on teh forum and calender!

Regards

Fallenafar
    edited April 2011
    Thanks Fallenafar! The Event Officers will be building on the great work already being done by the Events Team and will be looking to come up with new and different types of events!! Expect to see more of the regulars like Friday Night Fleet PVP and the usual STF's but we'll be looking to incorporate the Foundry, a duelling league and some RP. Feel like you might fit in here? Join the {UFP} today.
    edited April 2011
    Should see quite a few new events soon as our new event officers get settled in. But in particular I look forward all the imaginative stories that people will accomplish in the Foundry :)
    edited April 2011
    Hathaway wrote: »
    Should see quite a few new events soon as our new event officers get settled in. But in particular I look forward all the imaginative stories that people will accomplish in the Foundry :)

Indeed! And there is a fix incoming for Terradome which will make a nice change from the usual STF's. I can't wait for Cryptic to make some changes to Fleet Actions specifically for Fleets. I like the DS9 Fleet Action myself.
    edited April 2011
    The UFPAC video is online for anyone who wishes to watch. Not sure what that is? Every 3 months the Starfleet Command hold an awards ceremony where members of the fleet are recognised for their contributions and achievements to the UFP Fleet, no matter how big or small. This was the largest yet and the SFC have a tough task to top it but I reckon they will! Does this sound like the kind of Fleet you want to be in? Well you can. Join now.
    edited April 2011
    {UFP} very recently launched a LCARS based website! You can check it out at http://www.ufplanets.com!!

As you'd expect, the web team are already looking at making various improvements and tweaks! So big shout out to all the {UFP} Geeks n Nerds who have done such a wonderful job and put in a huge amount of time and effort.
    edited April 2011
    I know we're still about a month away but I'm really looking forward to the anniversary celebrations for 9 years of UFP. Last year's anniversary celebration week was a lot of fun but we're looking to do even more this time round :D