test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Idea to solve the problem with the dil/zen exchange

What if the dev's made ships need dilithium to Warp somewhere?

Some Benefits:
  • More realistic gameplay, since in movies dilithium is worth a lot and is overall really important, while right now ingame its just another currency
  • It might fix the slightly out of hand getting problem at the dil/zen exchange, dilithium would be worth much more and people who dont want to waste their time farming it, are required to buy it for zen
  • More zen are sold for dilithium, which enables ftp-players (like me) to get premium ingame stuff which is otherwise not avaidable for us
  • Cryptic doesnt lose too much money on ftp-players since they still earn money on constant zen purchases by people who buy zen to get dilithium
  • It would even make endgame hard sometimes, since, if you dont already have tons of it, you always have to carry some dilithium with you and be careful to not let it go out

Some problems and how they could be fixed:
  • New players might be having problems since the first days ingame are already a bit confusing
  • Solution: Make ships not need dilithium until level 20 / Make ships need more dilithium the bigger/better the ship is
  • Someone might get stuck somewhere after using all his dilithium up
  • Solution: Make a dilithium-source in every system, which is just not good enough to use it to farm dilithium, but enough to get you somewhere after a few minutes of farming
What do yall think about it?
Are the devs even implementing ideas from their community?

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,932 Arc User
    edited September 14
    No, I do not want to go back to the days of having to use energy credits or in this case, dilithium, to warp to a mission contact. There has to be a better dilithium sink. Yes, the devs have implemented some of the ideas from the Star Trek Online community but not all.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,645 Arc User
    edited September 14
    This will punish new players even waiting until after level 20 (or 65) since they need their dil to gear up. They have no recruitment unlocks, no event gear to reclaim, no spare account-bound gear from older characters.

It also punishes anyone who wants to log in and just do the daily event if they don't have any refined dil on hand. Telling them they have to do "run errands for Quark on DS9" or "polish the windows in Earth Spacedock" first is anti-fun.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,523 Community Moderator
    That is essentially a tax to play the game. Which will unfairly impact new players who can't produce the dilithium veteran players can.

Taxing players is not going to work. You want an effective sink, you need one players WANT to use. Not HAVE to use.

db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • vanhyovanhyo Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    Only one simple solution that exists

1 ship account wide = 1 admiralty card account wide (using that ship once puts it on maintenance account wide)

right now if you have 60 dill hadars, 1 ship account wide = 60 uses to grind dill

• seasalmon#6016 seasalmon Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    No, I do not want to go back to the days of having to use energy credits or in this case, dilithium, to warp to a mission contact. There has to be a better dilithium sink. Yes, the devs have implemented some of the ideas from the Star Trek Online community but not all.

What would you suggest as dilithium sink?
  • neverland#6511 neverland Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 15
    That would mean more ftp players flying here and there and less loading screens for us if the route needed is located within one and the same quadrant :)
    Post edited by neverland#6511 on
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 5,051 Arc User
    As someone who buys his Zen with real money, I don't actually believe we have a dil-zen problem.

When selling players sell their Zen in the current market, they get the most value out of their real money and that's how I think it should be, to be honest.
    Surely maximising the value of players' hard earned real Euro's or Dollars should take precendence over maximising the value of some virtual purple rocks, that can be obtained limitlessly and with increasingly less effort (which, btw, is also precisely why the exchange rate is what it is)?

Most of the times when I buy Zen nowadays, it's to quickly earn some fleet credits on new toons or get some quick Phoenix upgrades. So that I can quickly gear up a new toon and play the way I want to play, without having to grind too much or else wait for weeks just to buy an item from a fleet store, for example.

If the Zen-dil exchange moved to, say, 300 dilithium for 1 Zen, I probably wouldn't be as incentivised to spend real money in order to buy Zen at all. So there is that.

Free players may find the current exchange rate problematic, but honestly, that's just a matter of perspective and a lower rate wouldn't automatically be better or desirable.
    rattler2 wrote: »
    That is essentially a tax to play the game. Which will unfairly impact new players who can't produce the dilithium veteran players can.

Taxing players is not going to work. You want an effective sink, you need one players WANT to use. Not HAVE to use.

What would you suggest? A sink that players really want to use needs to have items that are really good and limited in use, otherwise either players wouldnt want to use it or it would only work for a few days. I can completly understand you, but to get the dil/zen exchange running again you need something players are required to do.
    As someone who buys his Zen with real money, I don't actually believe we have a dil-zen problem.

When selling players sell their Zen in the current market, they get the most value out of their real money and that's how I think it should be, to be honest.
    Surely maximising the value of players' hard earned real Euro's or Dollars should take precendence over maximising the value of some virtual purple rocks, that can be obtained limitlessly and with increasingly less effort (which, btw, is also precisely why the exchange rate is what it is)?

Most of the times when I buy Zen nowadays, it's to quickly earn some fleet credits on new toons or get some quick Phoenix upgrades. So that I can quickly gear up a new toon and play the way I want to play, without having to grind too much or else wait for weeks just to buy an item from a fleet store, for example.

If the Zen-dil exchange moved to, say, 300 dilithium for 1 Zen, I probably wouldn't be as incentivised to spend real money in order to buy Zen at all. So there is that.

Free players may find the current exchange rate problematic, but honestly, that's just a matter of perspective and a lower rate wouldn't automatically be better or desirable.

I completly understand that players should get the most value out of their money and I dont think that is a problem either, its good for exactly the reasons you already wrote. The problem I meant was that because of the massive backlog on the exchange it takes ages for one to sell his dilithium EVEN at 500 dilithium per zen. Thats the main reason why I posted this discussion too, I posted a few offers to buy zen a few weeks ago and still didnt get them.
    What problem? there isnt "problem" at all. Any experienced player who has been around more than 10 years knows perfectly what is going on. And for obvious reasons, i cant say anything about it in here. There is enough dilithium sink to grant a zen exchange in matter of one-two weeks, but for obvious reasons again i cant say (but any experienced player should know by now), its not happening.

tc9wq46remzj.png
    Why cant you say anything about it in here?
    If you believe some posts on reddit it takes about 20-30 days right now.
    What are your "obvious" reasons?
    edited September 15
    This will punish new players even waiting until after level 20 (or 65) since they need their dil to gear up. They have no recruitment unlocks, no event gear to reclaim, no spare account-bound gear from older characters.

It also punishes anyone who wants to log in and just do the daily event if they don't have any refined dil on hand. Telling them they have to do "run errands for Quark on DS9" or "polish the windows in Earth Spacedock" first is anti-fun.

Right now it punishes everyone even trying to be ftp. There are many solutions for the problem with newbies and players including the many already existing sources to get dilithium. Still I can understand your reasoning and that this might become a problem if this concept would really be implemented into the game...
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 5,051 Arc User
    edited September 15

I completly understand that players should get the most value out of their money and I dont think that is a problem either, its good for exactly the reasons you already wrote. The problem I meant was that because of the massive backlog on the exchange it takes ages for one to sell his dilithium EVEN at 500 dilithium per zen. Thats the main reason why I posted this discussion too, I posted a few offers to buy zen a few weeks ago and still didnt get them.

I agree that that is a serious issue that needs adressing.

Personally I don't see a movement tax as the solution though. Various better sinks have been proposed in the past, but so far I don't think many of them have been seriously considered. That might change with the change in leadership though, but no one can tell for sure.

In the end though, the problem we're seeing here is mostly the result of market intervention. Cryptic has stated in the past that the dilex is basically a free market, but this is not entirely accurate of course. First, they (and they alone) steer demand for Zen especially and also exert significant control on the demand for dilithium, albeit to a lesser extent compared to Zen demand.

Secondly, a cap exist.
    Backlogs are, ultimately, occurring as a result of this limiting of the free market. The actual price - due to oversupply of dilithium and years of inflation that is also visible in the EC market for example - is much higher than 500. Cap it at 500, and it's going to take much longer before people offer sufficient amount of Zen.

I have no idea which one of these factors is more important. But the way I see it, the only real 'solution' to fixing the backlog - one that doesn't involve cutting the amount or ease with which dilithium is earned or drastically lower the demand for Zen (by releasing fewer new ships, which could seriously hit the game financially) - would be to remove the cap and let the exchange float freely entirely. But that solution isn't ideal either, as it might create other problems.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,523 Community Moderator
    What would you suggest? A sink that players really want to use needs to have items that are really good and limited in use, otherwise either players wouldnt want to use it or it would only work for a few days. I can completly understand you, but to get the dil/zen exchange running again you need something players are required to do.

I'd honestly suggest something similar to what FF14 does with major community run things like Ishgard Restoration. Have the players BUILD something big for everyone. Think of it like a server wide Fleet Holding or something. IMO a good place to do that might either be us building New Khitomer in the Gamma Quadrant, or rebuilding Khitomer Alliance HQ after Jm'pok used the Mycelial Weapon on Khitomer. We could get a source for Alliance themed gear and ships (After they had their Anniversary event for those who missed it and don't have the account unlock). In the past, Fleet Holdings were a major driving factor. Give the players something to work towards, and something to say "we did that".

You want to expand it? Maybe use it to prototype a housing system. We have a very limited version of that with ship interiors, and being able to put up trophies of our choice that we earned from achievements. In theory that could be expanded. It wouldn't be FF14 level customization, but having certain nodes interactable might be doable as the system already exists with the trophies.

A reliable, sustainable sink has to be something players WANT to interact with. It has to be worthwhile and rewarding, not punishing for playing the game. A community built social hub also has an advantage that Fleet Holdings don't have. You don't need to make basically two versions depending on faction. One single social hub open to all players. Over time new projects can be added. Do we want a shipyard in orbit or do we want a housing block? Do we want to build Unity 1 Starbase in orbit? How will this social hub evolve based on what resources are contributed where?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • theboxisredtheboxisred Member Posts: 476 Arc User
    How about new crafting recipes that allow us to change the color (not the effects, energy type, or visual effects) of our ground and space energy weapons?

On "regular" weapons (drops or standard vendor purchases) this color change could be repeated indefinitely, while on Lobi, Zen (including weapons purchased from packs or included with a ship), Reputation, Mission Reward Special Weapons or Set Pieces, and Lockbox this color change can only be implemented once before having to either reclaim or make another purchase or play through.

The new crafting materials necessary for this change can be scattered among the various system patrols and even among some new ones.

In addition to providing another Dilithium Sink, this would promote a potential increase in playtime in areas that some player may otherwise ignore and possibly some purchases using other currencies.

Sure, it's not a perfect solution and it would only apply to those of us who want some consistency in our weapons discharge, but one more idea couldn't hurt.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,805 Arc User
    How about new crafting recipes that allow us to change the color (not the effects, energy type, or visual effects) of our ground and space energy weapons?

On "regular" weapons (drops or standard vendor purchases) this color change could be repeated indefinitely, while on Lobi, Zen (including weapons purchased from packs or included with a ship), Reputation, Mission Reward Special Weapons or Set Pieces, and Lockbox this color change can only be implemented once before having to either reclaim or make another purchase or play through.

The new crafting materials necessary for this change can be scattered among the various system patrols and even among some new ones.

In addition to providing another Dilithium Sink, this would promote a potential increase in playtime in areas that some player may otherwise ignore and possibly some purchases using other currencies.

Sure, it's not a perfect solution and it would only apply to those of us who want some consistency in our weapons discharge, but one more idea couldn't hurt.

The devs have already said that changing the colors of weapons effects would not fly due to stylistic restrictions from Paramount or whatever. On the other hand, there have been requests to have alternate weapons introduced into the crafting system, like the TOS phasers which are just regular phasers with the TOS look, and I suppose they could put a small dil cost or whatever on making those alternates. There are not a lot of weapons with just cosmetic alternates like that in the game though.

If you you guys saying is that there are not enough things to waste dilithium on, you are wrong. Thats not a problem. I dont really know exactly why would you think that. The zen exchange works perfectly fine.

No one was saying the DL Exchange doesn't work. Its just that it takes so long for people buying Zen to GET their Zen because not very many people are selling Zen for Dilithium. We're flooded with Dilithium and no real reason to use it once certain things have been accomplished. If the economy was more balanced we'd have more trading more often, thus shorter wait times for people buying Zen.
    The devs have already said that changing the colors of weapons effects would not fly due to stylistic restrictions from Paramount or whatever. On the other hand, there have been requests to have alternate weapons introduced into the crafting system, like the TOS phasers which are just regular phasers with the TOS look, and I suppose they could put a small dil cost or whatever on making those alternates. There are not a lot of weapons with just cosmetic alternates like that in the game though.

Far as I know, TOS style weapons are available from the Fleet K-13. And variant weapons like Andorian Phasers in the DL Store are locked behind getting Andorian ships. In fact... I think most variant weapons that aren't in a lockbox are locked behind getting an associated ship, like Cardassian and Spiral Wave Disruptors.
  • husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,608 Arc User
    The dill exchange isn't broken. So there it is.
    You think Cryptic or DECA care that it takes a month or so to sell another player your in game currency for $ currency?

The problem with sinks... is no one suggesting actually wants to use them, they want others to use them. SO they can more efficiently sell their own purple rock.

If you think the exchange is broken. Do your part. Go buy zen and sell it for some purple rock.
  • equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,303 Arc User
    It's a no from me. *Presses Buzzer*
  • leemwatsonleemwatson Member Posts: 5,445 Arc User
    edited September 16
    What if the dev's made ships need dilithium to Warp somewhere?

Some Benefits:
    • More realistic gameplay, since in movies dilithium is worth a lot and is overall really important, while right now ingame its just another currency
    • It might fix the slightly out of hand getting problem at the dil/zen exchange, dilithium would be worth much more and people who dont want to waste their time farming it, are required to buy it for zen
    • More zen are sold for dilithium, which enables ftp-players (like me) to get premium ingame stuff which is otherwise not avaidable for us
    • Cryptic doesnt lose too much money on ftp-players since they still earn money on constant zen purchases by people who buy zen to get dilithium
    • It would even make endgame hard sometimes, since, if you dont already have tons of it, you always have to carry some dilithium with you and be careful to not let it go out

Some problems and how they could be fixed:
    • New players might be having problems since the first days ingame are already a bit confusing
    • Solution: Make ships not need dilithium until level 20 / Make ships need more dilithium the bigger/better the ship is
    • Someone might get stuck somewhere after using all his dilithium up
    • Solution: Make a dilithium-source in every system, which is just not good enough to use it to farm dilithium, but enough to get you somewhere after a few minutes of farming
    What do yall think about it?
    Are the devs even implementing ideas from their community?

Okay, in short, if this was a pre-TMP game, you might have a point, but ST:IV moots the point completely. By the time TNG ended, it was well established that Dilithium recrystalisation was a thing. It extended the life of crystals to the point that Dil scarcity wasn't an issue until 'The Burn'.

As for your solutions to issues, I can level a toon to 20 inside an hour and to 65 in around 8. If I was a FTP player, I wouldn't have any Dil by that time if I was also using it to buy the old C-Store ships I needed for equipment, nevermind a 'warp-tax' that wouldn't make any difference to the market.

The game is a 'theme-park' not a sim-management game (Doffing and Admirality aside). The two best solutions to the glut, and it is a glut, have been proposed, but there is just the lack of Dev time to do it. A game-wide holding and a personal-only holding would wipe out the glut within days. The problem is, it would probably take about 6 months dedicated Dev time to develop and finish.
    Post edited by leemwatson on
    "You don't want to patrol!? You don't want to escort!? You don't want to defend the Federation's Starbases!? Then why are you flying my Starships!? If you were a Klingon you'd be killed on the spot, but lucky for you.....you WERE in Starfleet. Let's see how New Zealand Penal Colony suits you." Adm A. Necheyev.
    edited September 16
    (redacted post)

Except that all Zen on the DL Exchange is paid Zen. Someone bought that Zen and chose to trade it for Dilithium. So its not "free" Zen at all.
    Post edited by rattler2 on
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,446 Arc User
    edited September 16
    rattler2 wrote: »
    No one was saying the DL Exchange doesn't work. Its just that it takes so long for people buying Zen to GET their Zen because not very many people are selling Zen for Dilithium.
    (redacted post)
    Ooh, conspiracy theories! Those are always fun!
    Post edited by rattler2 on
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • ronaldmackinnonronaldmackinnon Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    On the topic of changing space-weapon colours etc - I'd be willing to pay dilithium for a "vanity phaser" that acted like a vanity shield. I tend to run phaser banks from different sets (I don't do the whole min-maxing thing, I try to use multiple sets on my ships for the benefits etc) so my energy weapons are often multiple different colours and sounds. Having a vanity shield-like option that would cause them to all have the same colour and sound would be beneficial to me. Like being able to keep my terran agony phaser array but have all my blasts look TOS blue.

I've heard some people in the past say that that wasn't okay, because then other players couldn't tell what kind of energy weapons you were using but... how many of us memorize the colour and sound of every VARIANT of every energy type?

I just bring this up because I do see vanity shields are sometimes available for dil, so it must be a good dil sink for some.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,825 Community Moderator
    Customizing weapon colors is an FCT topic. The devs have already answered why it isn't being done.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • admiralq1732admiralq1732 Member Posts: 1,561 Arc User
    the issue is after years of dil grinding sole for zen I can nolonger get any there is no offers. maybe the devs need to put zen in the market. sure makign expensive to exchange for dil so it would be quicker to buy with money.
  • leemwatsonleemwatson Member Posts: 5,445 Arc User
    edited September 20
    the issue is after years of dil grinding sole for zen I can nolonger get any there is no offers. maybe the devs need to put zen in the market. sure makign expensive to exchange for dil so it would be quicker to buy with money.

New offers to buy Zen are taking around 3 weeks to fulfill, so you will get Zen if you are patient about it, but there is no way beside divine intervention Cryptic will be pulling Zen out of free air to put in there. You don't understand what would happen.

What you are talking about is similar to 'quantitative easing', which even in best case scenarios doesn't actually do economies that much good. Even if they could input new Dil, at what price do you think it going to be set at? The system automatically will have to fulfill all the orders at 500 (around 8.5 mil Dil) then there are all the offers below 500. How much Zen do you propose they put on the market and how much money do you propose Cryptic should lose just to clear the exchange? Cryptic are also going to have to program an avenue (effectively a 'dumb' character) to accept the massive amount of Dil that's going to have to be held on the system for all those transactions to go through.

Regardless of the amount that Cryptic put in, that Zen will evaporate and the market will be back at 500 quicker than rabid US shoppers on Black Friday, because that is what the players who have bought Zen to buy Dil will put it up for. There is simply so little desire for Dil that there is no competition for it. You only need to look at the astounding range of global fuel prices to understand this. In some countries, it's cheaper than water to the point they are almost giving it away, in other countries, they pay a massive premium of tax and other costs on top of the wholesale price costing well over $100 to fill a tank.

And that still doesn't solve the issue as there is still a massive glut of Dil that people will be forced to sell for 500:1. Until there is a brand new large-scale contiguous dil sink, this is how things will remain.
    "You don't want to patrol!? You don't want to escort!? You don't want to defend the Federation's Starbases!? Then why are you flying my Starships!? If you were a Klingon you'd be killed on the spot, but lucky for you.....you WERE in Starfleet. Let's see how New Zealand Penal Colony suits you." Adm A. Necheyev.
    edited September 20
    Injecting Zen into the market like that would probably only last a day before we're back to square one. If we want a long term solution, we need an effective DL sink that will bring the demand for Dilithium up.

When I suggested the server wide Holding on Khitomer, I was basing it on the Exchange behavior we saw back when everyone was still working on their fleet starbases. Yea there were far fewer sources for Dilithium, but the fact remains that Fleet Holdings were a major balancing factor because of how much Dilithium they required. Now all the big Fleets, the ones who were basically driving the DL Exchange, have 100% finished all their Holdings. Since Fleets started maxing out their Holdings, demand for Dilithium dropped. We saw spikes in demand every once in a while, but we kept getting things that made Zen more desirable, and more Dilithium. Crafting isn't a big enough sink because there are only a few things that people will want consistently. Upgrading gear only goes so far as once you get Mk 15 Gold there's no more need for upgrading unless you decide to experiment with other things. Rerolling mods only goes so far until you get either your desired mods or the Meta mods, then you don't need any DL anymore.

Its a clearcut case of Supply and Demand. We have HIGH Supply of Dilithium, but Low Demand.

We need something sustainable, big, and worthwhile to bring the demand for Dilithium up to a point that the Exchange prices for Zen go down.

As someone who has used the DL Exchange since it was implimented I've seen a lot of patterns. There is no grand conspiracy to keep Zen prices high. Its all Community Reaction. It is a player driven market. Give the players something to react to and they will respond.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,645 Arc User
    edited September 20

You can still get zen, it just is delayed.

In balance, we get more ships for free now than we did before the year-long campaigns started, and this year we get more than last year if we use the lobi for a ship.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,825 Community Moderator
    edited September 21
    I still say and am willing to advocate for Starship Interiors. A lot of other games have personal housing for player characters. STO could use it, too, but using Starship Interiors as player housing. Base it on the Fleet Starbase/Holding model and scale it down for the single player. It could work long-term, if it's released deck by deck. Make it customizable enough that players can buy "furnishings" with Zen, Lobi, Dilithium, EC, and GPL options. Cryptic had said that Starship Interiors was something they had wanted to do, if they had the time. Maybe DECA could pick up the challenge.

EDIT: Yes, I am aware that Starship Interiors is an FCT topic, as someone kindly pointed out to me. I did write the current FCT. 😏 Thank you for that, by the way. I do appreciate it.😊 I'm not trying to start a conversation or a thread on the idea. I was just throwing my 2EC into the arena on possible Dilithium sink solutions.
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • krisxr400krisxr400 Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    I read just about every post, decent read. My take is dil is a free resource that can be "farmed" from players who create 60+ accounts. I used that number because i was astounded about the dedication to log 60 toons in and out once a day, let alone the acquisition of all those toons to have enough dill to refine. New zen on the other hand is only generated by a player spending money, which isn't free and requires a much different effort than logging in 60 toons. So the result is rather simple, you have way more players farming dil and much fewer players exchanging their cash for a free resource. All the zen holder has to do is create more toons and now they have stock piles of dil and no need to exchange it. I always thought the dil market was a bit niche, the driving factor of the market is patients, or a lack of. I honestly don't know if you can fix something that is lop sided to begin with.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,875 Arc User
    edited September 21
    (Flaming, trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power