test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dust to Dust: Electrified floors not showing

Comments

• Options
    wodenazwodenaz Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    yep dust to dust is fragged cant do the floor bit.

wish I had found this before I installed the last graphics driver for my card, Dont know how but restarting to finish it activated that new anoying AI copilot rubbish they are trying to force everyone to use.

At least they did not name it cortana 2.0, man if I had read/watched of Halo before i got win 10 that alone would have made me get rid of it.

Dont know if cortana is as creepy in the comics but man in the new series i keep expecting her to turn out to want to kill everyone lol.
  • Options
    polecat42polecat42 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I found reports of this as old as a year ago, and it's never been fixed. My hope for repair is... low. But I am running into this as well.
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    tagen wrote: »
    baucoin wrote: »
    Oh no! I wonder if the Vault is broken again too?

What was broken about it? I just ran that mission yesterday and was able to get through to the end.
    (Given the other issues, I'm guessing it was that the graphics for the "scanner" barriers were not showing? If so, those seemed to be working properly.)

There was a bug where the Romulan ship at the last stage was unkillable making the mission unfinishable. This was at the same time that the Dust to Dust mission was bugged where you couldn't see the electrified floors and Sphere of Influence was bugged so it wouldn't show you the "Simon Says" icons at the console stage. I was hoping the Vault bug hadn't popped up again.
  • Options
    polecat42 wrote: »
    I found reports of this as old as a year ago, and it's never been fixed. My hope for repair is... low. But I am running into this as well.

I think they fixed it but broke it again, they often do this, they kept doing it ages ago with buggs related to the doffs including one that kept unbinding various doffs.

and somone said it might be because they dont have version numbers for updates so the newer updates sometimes dont include fixes that they have added. dont know if that is the issue though.
  • Options
    tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    I have just reached this point in the story with my recruit. I'm not going to try any of the "workarounds" just yet, so I hope the devs kept some notes on what fixed it last time.
  • Options
    azrael#9500 azrael Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    Sounds like a simple but tedious solution to fixing these bugs permanently would be having version numbers affixed to each patch. The tedious part would be going back across 14 years of patches and applying incremental version numbers to each.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,147 Arc User
    ...version numbers affixed to each patch.
    You mean like this?
    ncekczlpmwmd.jpg
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    edited March 13
    You mean like this?
    ncekczlpmwmd.jpg

well I can’t see the image, but what I do know they sometimes do is fix a problem then patch later but the new patch does not always include the fix they added earlier but instead the broken bit.

They did this multiple times with past fixes especially a series of things they broke relating to doffs like unbinding bound doffs and if I remember right regarding donating to fleet.

They fixed the problem with a patch, but then broke it all again with the next patch, because the next patch did not include the fixes, and if I remember right it took them half a dozen or more before they permanently fixed the problems.

So could be they are patching files related to the problems, but are not using the fix but a broken version of the related files, so unfixing what the problem is if you will.

Not sure if that is what is happening here though, could just be they keep changing something in another area and inadvertently breaking it again. But it does seem like they break those things a lot for it to be due to changing something else.

edit = oh I cam see the pik when I did the qoute, I think thats only relating to the main patches, from what somone said way back when they kept breaking the doffs the smaller patches dont have a version number.

but he could have been wrong about the smaller patches not having version numbers but sounds like he was right.
  • Options
    nemestis#5095 nemestis Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited March 13
    (Flaming, trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    You mean like this?

Ah, touché. Maybe if I paid closer attention. :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    Oh god.. as always, some na peple trying to justify whatever Cryptic does or does not... amazing. This time, because they have the wrong "version numbers" hahahahaha. Do you realize they have been doing it for 15 years, right??? I give you that guys you are very original sometimes :p

I dont know where you got the oh they have the wrong version numbers from, from what I understand is they dont give the patches version numbers at all.

if they figured out why they keep breaking the same things after fixing them then maybe they would not break them in the first place.

most of the time I am not that bothered if they break things but when they keep breaking the same thing on an episode so you cant even complete it, it does get a little frustrating anoying.

I would be happy though if they spent some of the time they spent on adding new content to actually fixing stuff, they still have not fixed the Vadwaur spawning as drones on the ground wherever the vaudwar are encountered, but hey i guess its a new feature lol.
  • Options
    edited March 13
    Though I would not even be bothered if this epidsode was broke if it were not for the fact I was doing it on my delta/temps that I missed it on just to finish the changed tasks.
  • Options
    I think some enemies are supposed to spawn in as drones during Vaadwaur ground battles. I do remember when a bug caused a funny "Oops, All Drones!" issue. Didn't really affect gameplay though--the drones go down the same way as organic enemies.
  • Options
    I think some enemies are supposed to spawn in as drones during Vaadwaur ground battles. I do remember when a bug caused a funny "Oops, All Drones!" issue. Didn't really affect gameplay though--the drones go down the same way as organic enemies.

well they are a little harder to kill as they shield each other plus they move fast, and its wiered when you do episodes and they drones are either talking or getting talked to lol.
  • Options
    edited March 14
    wodenaz wrote: »

well they are a little harder to kill as they shield each other plus they move fast, and its wiered when you do episodes and they drones are either talking or getting talked to lol.

Or you have to find "dead" ones to gather DNA or something. I just retconned it in my brain into the vaadwaur making cyborg drones from some of their people who could not be otherwise revived. Grandpa's not gone...he's just a shield drone now. :D
  • Options
    To be honest, it's not any worse than what the Kobali do (converting dead bodies into Kobali).
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,654 Arc User
    Though I would not even be bothered if this epidsode was broke if it were not for the fact I was doing it on my delta/temps that I missed it on just to finish the changed tasks.

Same here, I would not bother with Dust to Dust after the first time if it was not a Delta Recruit requirement, and even then I have not bothered with it so far because the episode is such a dense and boring ball of bad ideas to have to plow through that most of my Deltas are stalled out of distaste for the mess. Ironically, the electrified floor was the least obnoxious of the puzzles in that episode.

And adding insult to injury, Dust to Dust (the worst thought out puzzle-oriented episode in the game) was added to the list to replace Spectres, which is one of the best puzzle-oriented episodes, when the latter was kicked out of the regular mission list.

When I say Dust to Dust is the worst I do mean the way the scenario is set up mechanically, mostly because of the incredibly boring "blind" maze (something that is never popular in MMOs) and the jumping nonsense at the end (which is annoying enough on disc-based games but infinitely worse in an MMO where unstable latency and key-lag makes them almost impossible to do), and not the plot of the story itself or the fact they have "undead" Kobali in it. I suppose I have played too many Vampire TTRPG games to be bothered much by the Kobali (I even have a Kobali captain who uses her Kyn'steya to good effect in working with the other Alliance members, which is the one I took through Dust to Dust).
  • Options
    pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 265 Arc User

Exactly. And it wasn't fixed with today's patch. Not that I expected it to be; it wasn't mentioned at all in the patch notes. I was told that the devs were aware of the problems and "numerous people reported the same issue," but I'm not sure anyone is even left to pay attention to bug notifications anymore.

• Options
    pacelli1 wrote: »

Exactly. And it wasn't fixed with today's patch. Not that I expected it to be; it wasn't mentioned at all in the patch notes. I was told that the devs were aware of the problems and "numerous people reported the same issue," but I'm not sure anyone is even left to pay attention to bug notifications anymore.

Unfortunately, that response is a form letter. Which doesn't mean it isn't true, just that it doesn't necessarily tell us much either way.

I did not really expect it to be fixed with today's patch (if the event patch was already approved, NOT making more changes to it is probably a wise decision), but I was hoping they would at least put it in a "known issues" so it has some visibility.
  • Options
    there is already a bug report for this, unfort this is one of the those bugs they keep fixing then keep breaking.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1271552/dust-to-dust-electrified-floors-not-showing
  • Options
    moridin09moridin09 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 16
    Tchin'Zar@moridin09

Dust to Dust episode

Into the Depths stage in the Vaadwaur Catacombs

Electric Shuffle puzzle

The Electric Shuffle puzzle is not showing the flowing energy graphic that allows you to see where the energy is at on the floor tile therefore not allowing you to complete the puzzle. Example: the floor tiles look uncharged but upon stepping on them, walking forward, you instantly die and have to respawn. There is no color or graphic of any kind to let you see where the energy flow is on the floor in the puzzle.

Troubleshooting: I have tried to got to a different Character, exited the mission and started over, Reset my Graphics to minimum settings, medium settings High and Max settings, exited the game and reloaded, updated Graphic drivers, no change.
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,487 Community Moderator
    threads /merged
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    prrgg1prrgg1 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Yeah, this needs fixed yesterday. Launching a recruit event and then this being broken is not a good combination.
  • Options
    prrgg1 wrote: »
    Yeah, this needs fixed yesterday. Launching a recruit event and then this being broken is not a good combination.
    This is my biggest problem with it. I would just ignore the broken episode (the way I do with 50% of the episodes, for the same reason) but they literally have these recruit events to GET people to play through the episodes. So FIX THEM!
  • Options
    Just like the other mission that is broken, no mention of this in the patch notes today. Rude. :p
  • Options
    edited March 20
    tagen wrote: »
    Just like the other mission that is broken, no mention of this in the patch notes today. Rude. :p

patch notes, were there actually notes today ?

if so they must have hid them well I could not find any lol

also is there any chance this issue might be linked to the one in Sphere of Influence where the icons in the puzzle are not showing.
  • Options

They hid them on the official website right in the main news feed with links on Facebook and X/Twitter - it's astonishing anyone managed to find them there at all! :D
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  • Options

They hid them on the official website right in the main news feed with links on Facebook and X/Twitter - it's astonishing anyone managed to find them there at all! :D

To be fair, I don't think they actually put the notes up until the patch actually started.

• Options
    edited March 20

Well I dont use twitter or facebook.

I looked on the forum and the list of patchnotes that the link on the launcher goes to and they wernt on either of those.

Also did they fix this, as although I have not completed it, it should still show in the reclaim bit ?
    Resolved an issue causing captains to be unable to reclaim the Tholian Technology Suite kit module from the Event Reclaim store.
  • Options
    Well I dont use twitter or facebook.
    They can still be accessed without an account, but the main website is always my main 'go to' for information.