test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dust to Dust: Electrified floors not showing

Character: All
Issue: The electrified floors during the Electric Shuffle part of Dust to Dust are not showing, making it nigh impossible to complete the accolades and a general pain in the butt to get through.
"[GARBLED ELECTRONIC NOISES]"
- Thot Gar - Commanding Officer of the Braaktak Kaan

Comments

• millsc14millsc14 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    in dust to dust the floor in the mission that is electrified , the electrified tiles do not glow and makes it impossible to continue the mission as my federation allied romulan character just dies befor reaching the next console
  • baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 785 Arc User
    edited August 2023
    Already a tread about this issue:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1271552/dust-to-dust-electrified-floors-not-showing

Boy!! The last patch sure broke a bunch of missions.
    Dust to Dust, Sphere of Influence, and the Vault just off the top of my head. Plus the mission tracker. :'(

Now it also appears to have bugged the Wasteland arc for non-Romulan characters.
    Post edited by baucoin on
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,746 Community Moderator
    threads /merged
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,296 Arc User
    The kobali ground missions are also missing the choke point squares in part 1 in front of the temple and part iii in the first part breaking the wall when you assault the base oh and the supplies you destroy at the verry end no longer explode but it does complete.
  • majosea61majosea61 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Workaround if you are patient. The floors change at fixed intervals , so you can luckily count off 1001, 1002,1003 to do it..... That is how I beat the floor. It took me a few times but I wish it was fixed.
    I tried that already and gave up after 15 minutes of only getting half way :( FORCED TO WAIT!
  • arathinarathin Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited September 2023
    in mission dust to dust when you get past the pods you cannot see the electricity along the floor making it impossible to progress
    on character Giia
    changed graphics setting disabled lighting 2.0 and dynamic lighting

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,746 Community Moderator
    threads /merged
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • chucckleschucckles Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @majosea61 said:
    > Workaround if you are patient. The floors change at fixed intervals , so you can luckily count off 1001, 1002,1003 to do it..... That is how I beat the floor. It took me a few times but I wish it was fixed.

this is brilliant. i've been trying to complete this mission for two weeks- 3 minutes of this strategy and i was straight across the floor! thank yoU!
  • cathach#9669 cathach Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Stuck on dust to dust at the electric floors. Bummer. Invisible electric floors.
  • roninwolf1981#2968 roninwolf1981 Member Posts: 602 Arc User
    majosea61 wrote: »
    Workaround if you are patient. The floors change at fixed intervals , so you can luckily count off 1001, 1002,1003 to do it..... That is how I beat the floor. It took me a few times but I wish it was fixed.

Provided you're not rubberbanding horribly.
  • majosea61majosea61 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    chucckles wrote: »
    > @majosea61 said:
    > Workaround if you are patient. The floors change at fixed intervals , so you can luckily count off 1001, 1002,1003 to do it..... That is how I beat the floor. It took me a few times but I wish it was fixed.

this is brilliant. i've been trying to complete this mission for two weeks- 3 minutes of this strategy and i was straight across the floor! thank yoU!

You are most welcome
  • jcsteelejcsteele Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    Last week's patch may have broken another mission; near the end of "Time in a Bottle," I couldn't speak with Nog after the Iconian cutscene, since he disappeared after I completed the repairs.
  • jcsteelejcsteele Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    Please disregard my last post; I managed to finish the episode.
    edited September 2023
    Fixed as of 9/14/2023 patch. Floor shows when electrified. Yay!! Now get to work fixing the Vault! *Cracks the whip* :p
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,319 Arc User
    baucoin wrote: »
    *Cracks the whip*
    Ow! Watch where you point that thing...
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
    Is there any official word that the broke missions have been fixed yet?
    sphere of influence / dust to dust / kobali ground missing choke point squares missing / and the vault?
    Is there any official word that the broke missions have been fixed yet?
    sphere of influence / dust to dust / kobali ground missing choke point squares missing / and the vault?

All of the missions you mentioned were fixed with the 9/14/2023 patch with the exception of the Vault it's still bugged as of 10/4/2023.
    I do not remember it being in the patch notes, so I will wait for official word as part of the patch notes before I try those episodes again.
    edited October 2023
    They weren't in any patch notes, but they were fixed I tried sphere of influence just tonight, and dust to dust/kobali ground missions on 9/14/2023 patch day and they were fixed. The vault hasn't even been listed as a know issue.
  • iamon#0542 iamon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Whatever they fixed they managed to rebreak. 3/2/2024 and the floor still isn't showing.
  • nemestis#5095 nemestis Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    Sphere of influence, again, broken, and another couple more missions i cant remember also broken where i had to restart several times. Lets hope that at least, if the fix them they tell us in the patch notes so we are aware.
    Oh no! I wonder if the Vault is broken again too?
  • azrael#9500 azrael Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    The latest Ten Forward blog mentions that the devs are well aware of this massive slip-up, and are frantically working on fixing the issue. Such fixes should be in place within the next patch or two. We just gotta sit tight.
    GAME OVER

RETURN OF AZRAEL

HA HA HA HA

ejf4y89xdtg6.jpg
  • nemestis#5095 nemestis Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited March 8
    (Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    At the Electric Shuffle segement, it is impossible to traverse the electified floor because the grahpics are not visible.

8x2dq0s5uw0s.png
  • pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    Already a tread about this issue:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1271552/dust-to-dust-electrified-floors-not-showing

Boy!! The last patch sure broke a bunch of missions.
    Dust to Dust, Sphere of Influence, and the Vault just off the top of my head. Plus the mission tracker. :'(

Now it also appears to have bugged the Wasteland arc for non-Romulan characters.

I have no evidence of this, but I can't help but wonder if all the stuff going on with the company has resulted in some devs being "less than motivated."

edited March 10
    An analogy a friend of mine pointed out to me:

In Team Fortress 2, there is a random picture of a coconut hidden amongst the various items. Its comment goes something along the lines of "I do not know what this is here for, but if I remove it, everything breaks". Such is the sheer complexity and difficulty of handling code in large games. STO is even more complex than Team Fortress 2, so imagine the headaches the devs have to contend with.

In this case, adding the NEW icon on newly added items to your inventory possibly caused problems in unrelated areas of STO's code, due to its sheer complexity. It's a delicate balancing act for the devs, and I imagine they panic whenever something of this magnitude happens.
    GAME OVER

RETURN OF AZRAEL

HA HA HA HA

ejf4y89xdtg6.jpg
    There are a couple of workarounds for this, albeit quite expensive (usually): the Red Angel suit will auto-revive you if you happen to trigger an (invisible) electrified tile, and then take a step once every second once you're on a safe tile. Do this until you cross the floor.

A second option involves one of the various teleporting kit modules. A third involves using the Time Flux device (although it only lasts for five seconds).
    GAME OVER

RETURN OF AZRAEL

HA HA HA HA

ejf4y89xdtg6.jpg
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited March 10
    Oh no! I wonder if the Vault is broken again too?

What was broken about it? I just ran that mission yesterday and was able to get through to the end.
    (Given the other issues, I'm guessing it was that the graphics for the "scanner" barriers were not showing? If so, those seemed to be working properly.)