test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PC Patch Notes for 7/13/23

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
edited July 2023 in Release Notes
Star Trek Online will have PC Maintenance tomorrow, 7/13, at 7am PT. Estimated downtime is 2.5 hours. You can find the patch notes here:

https://www.playstartrekonline.com/en/news/article/11548433
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    The torpedo changes are going to be interesting.

Also thank you for the bug fixes.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    Admiralty UI changes? Interesting.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    Improved the layout for the Admiralty and Duty Officer windows.

Define 'improved'.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,805 Arc User
    As someone who uses the Maelstrom torpedo all the time: good thing it's being changed.

Its damage was ridiculously high. I was destroying entire groups of enemies in missions like Azure Nebula with single spreads when I hadn't even reached level 30 yet (and that was with the white quality ones!). As fun as that can be for a while - and helpful when doing patrols to level up - it was kind of crazy that this was possible.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 661 Arc User
    So what are these "Improved the layout for the Admiralty and Duty Officer windows"? They look pretty much like they did before todays patch.
  • Options
    wodenazwodenaz Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited July 2023
    baucoin wrote: »
    So what are these "Improved the layout for the Admiralty and Duty Officer windows"? They look pretty much like they did before todays patch.

as far as i can tell all they have done is make the window that shows the doffs when you select an assignment longer and moved it slightly and changed how the rarity of the doffs is desplayed in the filter so they are in a line from uncommen to gold instead of more like side by side in 2 rows.

and as far as i can tell from admiralty thats all they have done there, I actually prefer the old layout but thats prob just me.

if they did more than that its not that much

oh there is one more thing I think they changed how the event rewards are displayed in the admiralty bit, this does make it easier to see the amount and will prob make it easier to see what the actually larger amount rewards are, mainly a problem with the larger EC event rewards.
    Post edited by wodenaz on
  • Options
    stlheestlhee Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Please fix launcher's bugs:
    - memory leak bug (after exit launcher leaves six running processes),
    - altgr is disabled in account name and password edit boxes, so cant be enter @ and # (and other special chars, too), its important for enter emails or accountnames,
    - sometimes background and textcolor are same black, so cannot be see anything on launcher's windows.
    Thank you.
  • Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,018 Arc User
    Thanks very much for these fixes this week - there's some good ones there.

However...
    Resolved an issue where Holographic Bridge Officer Dr. Beverly Crusher was still locking out torpedo abilities after triggering High Yield.
    ...can you find the time to fix her Traits so that she remains Purple Quality and doesn't downgrade to Blue Quality?
    She's supposed to have "Superior Natural Immunities" and the fed version of the Terran Dr. Crusher has the same issue.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    wodenaz wrote: »
    oh there is one more thing I think they changed how the event rewards are displayed in the admiralty bit, this does make it easier to see the amount and will prob make it easier to see what the actually larger amount rewards are, mainly a problem with the larger EC event rewards.

I did notice the Admiralty rewards are easier to read. But that's so far the only thing I've noticed. Used to be, for example, the ECs would have the whole number and be a really small font and thus kinda hard to read. So for example some would give like 200,000 ECs, it would have all 6 numbers. Now its far easier to read and truncated to like 200k.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    Just wait until one of them pays out 600k and triggers their own idiotic profanity filter.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,343 Community Moderator
    This is not the place to post bug reports. Please, post your bug report in the appropriate Bug Reports subforum. Thank you.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    azrael#9500 azrael Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    Why does my autoupdate keep going on the fritz? I keep getting the message "Trying to update launcher, please be patient." But it never actually finishes the update and just keeps starting over, eventually just shutting down after about 13 attempts. How do I force the game to just...launch properly?
  • Options
    trekphantrekphan Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    i have no idea who to talk to where to go i need help...cryptic will not connect been trying for two hours now. ive been having this issue on and off for months and im about to quit. Please help with this frustration and anxiety of not being able to participate in the summer event. Thanks
  • Options
    lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Please please revert the changes to the Maelstrom torpedos; they were fine as they were before.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    exiledhermit#3227 exiledhermit Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    lopequil wrote: »
    Please please revert the changes to the Maelstrom torpedos; they were fine as they were before.

It's definitely a nerf on the Maelstrom's damage, it might be making it more accessible but it's changing the overall function of the Maelstrom imo from it's initial introduction.
  • Options
    lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User

It's definitely a nerf on the Maelstrom's damage, it might be making it more accessible but it's changing the overall function of the Maelstrom imo from it's initial introduction.
    Plus it's broken now: recharge may be 15s, but if you fire it without Spread etc. you can't fire again for 30s.

I liked having to choose my time for firing torpedos. It was like playing a new character again.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,011 Arc User
    edited July 2023
    Why does my autoupdate keep going on the fritz? I keep getting the message "Trying to update launcher, please be patient." But it never actually finishes the update and just keeps starting over, eventually just shutting down after about 13 attempts. How do I force the game to just...launch properly?

There is a thread on this already ..... https://account.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1271011/launcher-stuck-in-an-autoupdate-loop

You should of posted there and not here as @baddmoonrizin says
    This is not the place to post bug reports. Please, post your bug report in the appropriate Bug Reports subforum. Thank you.

As another mod @darkbladejk as stated on that thread. They are aware of the issue and it is being looked into.
  • Options
    exiledhermit#3227 exiledhermit Member Posts: 44 Arc User

Plus it's broken now: recharge may be 15s, but if you fire it without Spread etc. you can't fire again for 30s.

I liked having to choose my time for firing torpedos. It was like playing a new character again.

I had thought that decision of a "strategic" firing versus auto-fire was a good option too.

Thanks for the info about the 15s/30s Spread bug.
  • Options
    slacker2002#2884 slacker2002 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2023
    (Flaming, trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    slacker2002#2884 slacker2002 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2023
    (Flaming, trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
This discussion has been closed.