Options

wishlist for upcoming recruitment events

garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
Klingon Recruitment

liberated ferengi option
fleet mission's that only KDF recruits can slot
unique r&d mission
unique outfit and weapon visuals ,that can be unlock with some dill
unique repitation missions. could give weapons ,outfits ,doffs ,boffs. ev's (for each rep.)
---
Gamma Recruitment

liberated jem option
fleet mission's that only Gamma recruits can slot
unique r&d mission
unique repitation missions
---
Delta Recruitment

liberated ferengi option
fleet mission's that only Delta recruits can slot
unique r&d mission
---
Temporal Agent Recruitment

disco integration
fleet mission's that only Temp. recruits can slot
unique r&d mission
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    Liberated species should remain a lifetime-only thing.

It's bad enough that, over time, more and more exclusives have been made not-so-exclusive anymore or special features (like the Veteran ships double-mode) not so unique anymore.

When they, after many years, added new Borg stuff and made it a lobi and lockbox-thing, that was even worse.
    It was the perfect opportunity to add some new value to the lifetime subscription. Instead they devalued one of the real unique things in there (playing as a Borg) by putting what should have been the other half of it into a box.

I'm very much against going even further with that.

The unique outfit and weapon visuals are good ideas of what recruitment events could add. Those are some much-wanted things that seem appropriate.

I also wish they came up with new mini-factions and related recruitment events, even if they're small.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    unique doffs and boffs from different reps for each type of recruitment
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,778 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »
    Klingon Recruitment

liberated ferengi option
    fleet mission's that only KDF recruits can slot
    unique r&d mission
    unique repitation missions. could give weapons ,outfits ,doffs ,boffs. ev's (for each rep.)
    ---
    Gamma Recruitment

liberated jem option
    fleet mission's that only Gamma recruits can slot
    unique r&d mission
    ---
    Delta Recruitment

liberated ferengi option
    fleet mission's that only Delta recruits can slot
    unique r&d mission
    ---
    Temporal Agent Recruitment

disco integration
    fleet mission's that only Temp. recruits can slot
    unique r&d mission

Still wondering how Temporal recruitment works for Discovery characters, I'm not against it but isn't the whole reason Daniels transported Discovery Captain to 25th century is that he did it completely by accident, unlike TOS captains which Daniels did send to the future on purpose, justso trying to wrap my head around it like does he just then recruits Discovery Captains out of pity?

It does make more sense than turning Discovery Captains into Delta Recruits which in itself requires future you to travel back 150 years and warn their past selves about the Iconians.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    I think it was not Daniels who sent the DSC Captain to the future, but J'ula (when her Mycelial weapon backfired). Daniels just intercepted and helped them integrate into the 25th Century.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    edited January 2023
    There is so very little TOS content in the game that I would not want to see the devs pollute it trying to shoehorn DSC characters into it. On the other hand, it could be done if the DSC captains just went through the usual DSC tutorial and J'Ula's botched weapon test but with Daniels saying something like "Here, take this device, you'll need it." during the event (they might even be able to splice the line together from VA they already have if getting the original actor to say it is a problem).

The aesthetics, technology, and other important things (like the Gorn, who play a big part in AoY) are too different between TOS and DSC for it to be anything other than immersion-breaking if DSC characters were just shoved into the AoY episode(s).
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    There is so very little TOS content in the game that I would not want to see the devs pollute it trying to shoehorn DSC characters into it. On the other hand, it could be done if the DSC captains just went through the usual DSC tutorial and J'Ula's botched weapon test but with Daniels saying something like "Here, take this device, you'll need it." during the event (they might even be able to splice the line together from VA they already have if getting the original actor to say it is a problem).

The aesthetics, technology, and other important things (like the Gorn, who play a big part in AoY) are too different between TOS and DSC for it to be anything other than immersion-breaking if DSC characters were just shoved into the AoY episode(s).

I don't think people are talking about shoehorning them into the AoY missions that are specific to the TOS characters, but rather just come up with temporal goals specific to them. I mean, Discovery Captains are thrust into the future, warned about J'Ula & sent merrily on their way, waiting for the day that J'Ula surfaces again, which right now is after the Gamma Quadrant arc.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,778 Arc User

I don't think people are talking about shoehorning them into the AoY missions that are specific to the TOS characters, but rather just come up with temporal goals specific to them. I mean, Discovery Captains are thrust into the future, warned about J'Ula & sent merrily on their way, waiting for the day that J'Ula surfaces again, which right now is after the Gamma Quadrant arc.

At that point you might as well create a separate recruitment event for Discovery characters.

Seeing as The Delta Recruitment shared temporal goals between 3 separate factions.
This discussion has been closed.