test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mirror pack givaway weapons not upgradeable?

djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
edited October 2022 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hello,
I posted in support, but this page has much more traffic. I'm not actually sure it's a bug anyway, but if it is I'll gladly send a support ticket.
Anyway, I know the Mirror pack givaway been around for a while now (the one with uniforms, the turret kit module, and the ground sonic phaser weapons and the Agony rifle), but I recently dusted off my Terran themed character after a few months. I noticed the ground weapons were not yet upgraded, but they don't appear to be upgradeable. However the tooltip claims they are. I seem to recall this was an issue when they were first released, but thought it had been fixed.
Am I mistaken? Or am I missing something? 🤔
C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
-Captain James T. Kirk
Post edited by rattler2 on

Comments

• Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,716 Community Moderator
    Need a little more info to determine if this is a bug or not and where to move it if it is. Are you on PC or console? To upgrade items you must unequip them and have them in your inventory first. then you can drop them into the window to upgrade them. What exactly is it saying when you try to drop them in the upgrade window, and what parts are you trying to upgrade
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    edited October 2022
    Oh yea... this is the one with the Ambush Turret kit module right?

Yea I have that too but can't upgrade the pistol and rifle.

Edit: Apparently I can. I have NO idea when that was fixed on PC, but when I got them they couldn't be upgraded and just kinda... forgot about them.
    Edit 2: Ok Pistol can. Rifle can't. I really need to test all things. lol
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    there are a lot of weapons that cannot be either upgraded or Re-engineered.

no upgrade no re-engineer

terran knife
    Terran Empire Sonic Phaser Stun Pistol
    Terran Empire Sonic Phaser high denisty rifle
    Romulan Disruptor reward from "Frozen" (Mark is locked at the reward level oat the time you ran the mission)
    Shard Sword of Kahless
    Black Nanopulse Mek'leth
    Nelen Exil's wide beam pistol

no re engineer

imperial assault armor
    Imperial assault shield
    Imperial assault nanopulse bat'leth
    advanced herald projector
    Section 31 phaser pistol
    Synchronic proton distortion prototype assault rifle
    Jem'Hadar polaron full auto rifle (Dominion player)
    Mirror Universe Agony Field Rifle
    coalition repulsor armor
    CRM 200
    Na'Kuhl Temporal Operative Personal Shield
    Platinum Phaser Sniper Rifle
    All reputation armor and shields and weapons

this list is not all inclusive, and does not address kit modules or frames, which are as big a mess.
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2022
    > @darkbladejk said:
    > Need a little more info to determine if this is a bug or not and where to move it if it is. Are you on PC or console? To upgrade items you must unequip them and have them in your inventory first. then you can drop them into the window to upgrade them. What exactly is it saying when you try to drop them in the upgrade window, and what parts are you trying to upgrade

On PC. I'm trying to upgrade the Terran Empire Sonic Phaser High Density Beam Rifle and the Terran Empire Sonic Phaser Stun Pistol. They are currently "leveless" (with the ♾️ symbol).
    I have tried right clicking, but there is no "upgrade" selection. I have tried opening the upgrade window and dropping the items in, but the item square turns red and doesn't accept it.
    But when I right click and open "More details" the information claims upgrading is possible after level 60. This character is Lvl 65.

Is there a way to reclaim them, maybe? And try upgrading a new copy?
    Or is this a true bug and I should open a ticket?

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    > @rattler2 said:
    > Oh yea... this is the one with the Ambush Turret kit module right?
    >
    > Yea I have that too but can't upgrade the pistol and rifle.
    >
    > Edit: Apparently I can. I have NO idea when that was fixed on PC, but when I got them they couldn't be upgraded and just kinda... forgot about them.
    > Edit 2: Ok Pistol can. Rifle can't. I really need to test all things. lol

Yes these are the ones. And seeing your edit tried the pistol. It's now upgradeable. But not the rifle.
    Do you know if these are reclaimable? Maybe it would be fixed on a reclaim?

-Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    I do not know if they are reclaimable, and I wouldn't try honestly to be on the safe side. I have passed along a screenshot to the mod team as well. I have a feeling this might fall under bug category, but I will differ to Darkblade on this one.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    terran knife

If that's the thing from one of the current arc's missions, there's a reason for that.

It's a device, not gear.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    terran knife

If that's the thing from one of the current arc's missions, there's a reason for that.

It's a device, not gear.​​

TBH it could be. it's in my toon's inventory but I never slotted it. if i need physical damage the M-1928 and Leck's throwing knives are the go-to
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,519 Arc User
    edited October 2022
    One thing that throws people off for gear that is not bugged or fixed "by design":

Sometime the first time you attempt to upgrade fails, but that also switches the gear from infinity to mark XII. When you try again it then upgrades normally.

Also, some infinity gear doesn't use the upgrade system until you reach ...level 50? The mark XII level.

So, try twice then post in bugs.
  • Options
    theboxisredtheboxisred Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    One thing that throws people off for gear that is not bugged or fixed "by design":

Sometime the first time you attempt to upgrade fails, but that also switches the gear from infinity to mark XII. When you try again it then upgrades normally.

Also, some infinity gear doesn't use the upgrade system until you reach ...level 50? The mark XII level.

So, try twice then post in bugs.

I seem to recall for some items you can simply right click the item for the purpose of upgrading then close the Upgrade Window or otherwise cancel the upgrade before applying the upgrade will get rid of the infinity symbol and replace it with the Mk XII.
  • Options
    Thanks for trying to help everyone!
    I've tried all the things, and the rifle is still not upgradeable, so I guess a big ticket it is.

-Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    @djf021
    If you wish I can move this thread as well into the Bug section, seeing as how this is evolving into a bug report.
  • Options
    > @rattler2 said:
    > @djf021
    > If you wish I can move this thread as well into the Bug section, seeing as how this is evolving into a bug report.

Sure! I appreciate it.

-Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    Moved.