test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

T6 Star Cruiser

bardrakebardrake Member Posts: 12 Arc User
I would love to see a T6 version of the Star Cruiser. I have always loved the look of the Star Cruiser and thought it could be upgraded to T6 variant with a more tactical stance.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    I would love to fly one too. ;)
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    Same here. While there is a T6 with the name "star cruiser" tacked on it, it is a totally different class (the so-called "Endeavour Tactical Star Cruiser" is an Odyssey variant, not a traditional Star Cruiser) from the Emissary class and its stablemates, and the real Star Cruiser needs a T6 version.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    The Emissary in particular looks like it could be in a design family with Prodigy‘s USS Protostar. They could work with that.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    garaks31 wrote: »
    make it an 13 console ship and\or first T7

The Devs have already said there are NO plans for T7. At all.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • bjorjlen#6464 bjorjlen Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    Thank you... :)

Peace...
  • ozwynozwyn Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    yeah count me in - that was a favorite fleet t5 ship
    garaks31 wrote: »
    Legen ... wait for it ... dary ,then.

A Legendary is unlikely. The T5 Star Cruiser doesn't even have a C-Store variant. Just the base 3 variants and a Fleet. They've been leaning more towards some of the more iconic ships with lots of variants now for Legendary.

But odds are we may see a T6 down the road. After all the Luna got a T6, and she never had a c-store T5.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Didn't the Devs say they intend to make T6 versions of each existing ship at some point anyway? So the question seems to be more a matter of 'when' than 'whether'.

As for the legendary treatment: to me the ship is iconic enough. I know, that's just my opinion.
    But given how long this ship, an unique Cryptic design too, has been in the game, it has something of an unique veteran status.

It's basically the William Shatner of STO ships. I think that warrants a special treatment at some point.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    Oh, and by the way: there never was a T5 NX either. Or a Discovery/Crossfield T5.

Multiple ships skipped the fifth tier to be honest.

Oh, and by the way: there never was a T5 NX either. Or a Discovery/Crossfield T5.

Multiple ships skipped the fifth tier to be honest.

When they first made the Legendaries, they went for iconic ships, with or without options.
    However they have decided now that one of the requirements would include having multiple customization options. So they've narrowed down the eligability of Legendary ships. I wouldn't be surprised if at some point we get a Legendary Bortasqu' sine that is the current in game KDF flagship class, but the Star Cruiser is probably not likely. Legendaries also seem to try and go for more Canon ships as well, as other than the Odyssey, which is semi canon thanks to comic books, all the legendaries except for the Vesta have been on screen canon. Vesta has a lot of options and is beta canon from the books.
  • ozwynozwyn Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    bribe the lower decks people to animate one in the background of an episode. Any appearance of a ship in a show seems to dramatically improve the odds of it appearing... except maybe the marquis/voyager kitbash and that was an April fools appearance
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    ozwyn wrote: »
    bribe the lower decks people to animate one in the background of an episode. Any appearance of a ship in a show seems to dramatically improve the odds of it appearing... except maybe the marquis/voyager kitbash and that was an April fools appearance

No such thing as a "maquis/voyager kitbash" in the shows. The closest thing is the Yeager class which uses an Intrepid saucer and a whole freighter (of a type seen for a second or two at the end of a ship-to-ship communication) for a secondary hull. And yes, the freighter used a modification of the same physical shooting model they used for the maquis raider, several Federation fighters ranging in size from a shuttle with a bubble canopy to something about the size of two runabouts side by side, and lord only knows what else they used it for.

TNG was infamous for reusing models at different scales like that, with the other Berman-era shows following in their footsteps and reusing the same models for all sorts of other ships. For instance, the ship model they use for the Tellarite carrier in STO was used as Tellarite ship and several other race's ship in ENT. Even worse, Ex Astris Scientia lists no less than 22 different uses of the Husnock ship model modified to represent other ships.
    Hell... even PARTS of ships became full ships. I don't remember where but the dorsal section of a D'Deridex became an alien ship. I wanna say it was either in Enterprise or Voyager.
This discussion has been closed.