test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elite Bridge Officer Training (including pricing)

Comments

• kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    Wait. Y'all are aware that the drop rate of the BOFF recruitment DOFFing assignments are tied to your Commendation points, right? If you want them to drop more often, you've got to be doing DOFFing assignments pretty much constantly.

I knew this lol. Pretty sure it is tied into the same extrq 10k system as the fleet mark turn in at the starbase. At least as far as i can tell its the same 10k benchmark is being used.

Also, Romulan/Reman boffs can be had anywhere in the New Romulus area of the map as well as in New Romulan command.

Cardassian Boffs can be had near DS9, but i've also recieved them on non-cardassian toons near the Archer System, K7, KDF space and in bewteen ESD and Nimbus System. So i know these boffs are not limited to just DS9.

And to be on topic, i think 500 zen is way TOO much for the boff upgrade tokens, should be more like 50 to 100 zen. There is just no way in heck i'd upgrade my over 100 boffs across my 25 toon at that price lol.

Post edited by kirisee on
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 5,051 Arc User
    I've also found a Cardassian recruitment assignment on/near ESD. I don't remember whether it was on ESD, in Sol system or in sector space near Earth though, but I know it was somewhere there under 'Personal'.

So they're not restricted to DS9.
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    So, quick question: how many folks have been trying unsuccessfully to get their hands on a VR Cardassian or Jem'Hadar BOFF? 🤔 This would be an answer to that. 😊

i didnt consider that, now the whole thing make a lot more sense espically since i have a carie ship and want a all cardie crew
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • proteus#8097 proteus Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    500 Zen seems very steep per Boff, but I guess the pack of four at the introductory 20% off is 960 Zen, so brings it down to a more reasonable 240 Zen a piece.

Probably a low priority for me. Hopefully like the Elite Captain tokens, they can be bought and sold on the exchange for EC. That's how I funded my 21 elite captain tokens.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,805 Community Moderator
    spielman1 wrote: »
    Yeah, I feel the same it is way too steep of a price even on sale per person if they allowed it to also be used on DOFF also along with BOFF then I can see the price being more reasonable but as it stands nope. Not all races can get VR DOFF crew as easily as a few think it is.

Very Rare doffs are a dime a dozen depending on what you're after. Why would you want to use this to upgrade a doff to very rare? That's a waste when you can get them alot easier in other ways.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,819 Community Moderator
    edited September 2022
    500 Zen seems very steep per Boff, but I guess the pack of four at the introductory 20% off is 960 Zen, so brings it down to a more reasonable 240 Zen a piece.

Probably a low priority for me. Hopefully like the Elite Captain tokens, they can be bought and sold on the exchange for EC. That's how I funded my 21 elite captain tokens.

Yeah, I feel the same it is way too steep of a price even on sale per person if they allowed it to also be used on DOFF also along with BOFF then I can see the price being more reasonable but as it stands nope. Not all races can get VR DOFF crew as easily as a few think it is.

Again, I have to echo my compatriot. Why would anyone want to spend Zen to upgrade a DOFF to VR when you can already do that without spending money? There are VR DOFFs available from the Academy vendor for Dilithium. The Academy also has DOFFing assignments to upgrade your DOFFs to VR using Dilithium. Every Fleet and Holding has VR DOFFs for Fleet credits. And the Exchange has VR DOFFs for EC. Again, why would you want to waste Zen on "upgrading" DOFFs? Makes no sense. But again, this has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,608 Arc User
    I can't imagine Cryptic is going to sell many of these.

They what buff ground stuff on BOFFs... we use 99% of the time in personal mission content. Ok there are two ground zones where power creep has already dated both of them terribly where you can take 2 bridge officers. I'm just not understanding the value.

I an only think of ONE instance where it makes any sense... and frankly if you where going to buy this for multiple toons there is a better way to get there. If you have a Romulan and you play cloak style... you can upgrade one boff with subterfuge to one with superior subterfuge. For 5% more bonus dmg (10% with she's a predator trait). Of course if you bought the full Delta pack you already have access to a boff with that trait. You can also buy a Holo Leck and get that trait (giving up one Superior OP however).

Outside of that one example I can't think of how these really give anyone anything close to 500 zen value. Cryptic always missing the mark... thinking anyone cares about ground all that much. Sure ground is much improved, its still however the secondary game. I'm not suggesting they should have been tossing out more space traits, I'm just not seeing the value in what they are offering here. They should be selling 2-4 tokens for 500 zen.
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,221 Arc User
    husanakx wrote: »

They what buff ground stuff on BOFFs... we use 99% of the time in personal mission content. Ok there are two ground zones where power creep has already dated both of them terribly where you can take 2 bridge officers. I'm just not understanding the value.

I an only think of ONE instance where it makes any sense... and frankly if you where going to buy this for multiple toons there is a better way to get there. If you have a Romulan and you play cloak style... you can upgrade one boff with subterfuge to one with superior subterfuge. For 5% more bonus dmg (10% with she's a predator trait). Of course if you bought the full Delta pack you already have access to a boff with that trait. You can also buy a Holo Leck and get that trait (giving up one Superior OP however).

Outside of that one example I can't think of how these really give anyone anything close to 500 zen value. Cryptic always missing the mark... thinking anyone cares about ground all that much. Sure ground is much improved, its still however the secondary game. I'm not suggesting they should have been tossing out more space traits, I'm just not seeing the value in what they are offering here. They should be selling 2-4 tokens for 500 zen.

Most Veteran Players will see no value unless they add something to Space DPS for their little DPS games. But I'm sure people who do not know much of this game are the ones they want to fall victim. The guys who think its a great value while in the real world it barely does anything at all. People who know to play the game can single handed play ground missions by themselves without any bridge officers and are just fine no matter what difficulty level they are in. So I guess cryptic is aiming for the poor souls who don't know much about the game.

C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • proteus#8097 proteus Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    Got to agree with the other guys, VR doffs are easy to come by, regardless of race. If you're not sure how, maybe you could start a new topic, it's a whole different area after all - I'd be happy to offer a few tips.

This topic is specifically about upgrading Bridge Officers.
    husanakx wrote: »

Most Veteran Players will see no value unless they add something to Space DPS for their little DPS games. But I'm sure people who do not know much of this game are the ones they want to fall victim. The guys who think its a great value while in the real world it barely does anything at all. People who know to play the game can single handed play ground missions by themselves without any bridge officers and are just fine no matter what difficulty level they are in. So I guess cryptic is aiming for the poor souls who don't know much about the game.

Few things from the game do much in the real world. ;)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,521 Community Moderator
    Yea... I have to agree with everyone else. Upgrading DOffs makes no sense, and we can already get higher quality ones quite easily. Not only that, I think they're technically treated as items, and thus... you'd have to make a duplicate of EVERY SINGLE DOFF IN GAME to make the "upgraded" version you're wanting... which is a database nightmare. Especially considering that the max DOffs we can have is... what? Around 500 I wanna say? I'm probably way off but still... its A LOT.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)

Very Rare doffs are a dime a dozen depending on what you're after. Why would you want to use this to upgrade a doff to very rare? That's a waste when you can get them alot easier in other ways.

Then try and get one for a Romulan or Cardassian character then that is Romulan or Cardassian and not apart of the federation or klingons

Now you're moving goalposts. First, it was just getting VR DOFFs, now you're complaining about getting VR DOFFs of a specific race. And on top of that continuing to derail this thread, which we're no longer going to indulge. If you really want to complain about DOFFs, I suggest you start your own thread on the subject and stop derailing this thread. Thank you.
    GrWzQke.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    You do realize we are talking about.Ultra Rare and not Very Rare.

Each Token gets you TWO, count them, TWO, 'Inventory' Slots per Boff. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    edited September 2022
    (Derailing comments moderated out. Seriously, folks, start a new thread if you want to talk about DOFFs. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    > @doctorstegi said:
    > So I guess cryptic is aiming for the poor souls who don't know much about the game.

I think you are right. This is for casual players and completionists. But so is the elite captain token. And even the ship x-token’s value is really only the console slot because an additional trait was already available in the fleet store.

And yet someone bought those too. Not me, I have 10 x-tokens Cryptic gave away taking up space in my inventory.
    My alts don’t really need them and my main characters can only fly one ship.
  • starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    Nice but wow why not for all our Bridge Officers?
    tokens to upgrade one of the Bridge Officers on your account. So my other Captains Bridge Officers I can't upgrade on my account, what does this mean? and why buy 4 of them?
    starmanj wrote: »
    tokens to upgrade one of the Bridge Officers on your account. So my other Captains Bridge Officers I can't upgrade on my account, what does this mean? and why buy 4 of them?

Buy as many as you want to upgrade as many BOFFs as you want on any and all toons on your account. I don't get what's so difficult to understand here. 🤷🏼‍♀️
    GrWzQke.png

Buy as many as you want to upgrade as many BOFFs as you want on any and all toons on your account. I don't get what's so difficult to understand here. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I read this: You can take advantage of this, too, Captains, with the Elite Bridge Officer Boost token. Purchase one of these tokens to upgrade one of the Bridge Officers on your account, similar to the Elite Captain Upgrades for Captains. Applying a token to your Bridge Officer will instantly add:

It says one Bridge Officer per account where do you see Many please advice.
  • orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    So, quick question: how many folks have been trying unsuccessfully to get their hands on a VR Cardassian or Jem'Hadar BOFF? 🤔 This would be an answer to that. 😊

Anything that's not a white Cardy would indeed be nice.

Not worth 4 quid to me though.

I read this: You can take advantage of this, too, Captains, with the Elite Bridge Officer Boost token. Purchase one of these tokens to upgrade one of the Bridge Officers on your account, similar to the Elite Captain Upgrades for Captains. Applying a token to your Bridge Officer will instantly add:

It doesn't say PER account, it says ON your account. Meaning that the token works on one BOFF at time. One token, one BOFF. If it only worked on one BOFF on your whole account, why would they sell a stack of four tokens?
    GrWzQke.png
  • husanakxhusanakx Member Posts: 1,608 Arc User
    edited September 2022

The token can be bought on X toon put in your account bank... removed by Y toon and used on one of their bridge officers.
    I assume you can also sell them on the exchange just like Captain tokens. Once you use it its expended. So one token one Boff.

It doesn't say PER account, it says ON your account. Meaning that the token works on one BOFF at time. One token, one BOFF. If it only worked on one BOFF on your whole account, why would they sell a stack of four tokens?

Thanks I hope that is right now I will buy the 4 :)
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    now I will buy the 4 :)

Patch notes also say everyone gets one for free in the Promotions tab.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
    Well, before the servers self-destructed I was able to test the free boff upgrade and it appears they were not able to get captain pips unlocked for the upgraded boffs. It's a minor thing and purely cosmetic, but it was the only thing I might have been interested in with it so I won't be buying any.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • botc76botc76 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    It's always funny how people will apply the most ridiculously restricted interpretation of the term "pay-to-win."
    ANYTHING that lets you buy power in a game is pay to win. Whether you think it works or not, whether you think you can't actually win or not.
    It's about the intention of the item, not about how tightly you can define the term, so that what you don't want to fit it, doesn't fit it.

This will make your toon stronger in ground missions, it is pay-to-win. It's pretty unnecessary, and you don't really need it, but the intention is to make you stronger, by paying actual money. And that is ultimately what the term "pay-to-win" stands for.

And even if we would accept that weirdly restricting definition, it wouldn't change the actual problem people have with stuff like this or the ability to buy campaign and event progression or all the other horrible monetization happening in this game in the last few years. You probably already know that, so why argue the terminology, when you already know what people mean?
    How you define PTW doesn't change that every single founder in my fleet has left the game in the last 18 months, because they are sick of these changes.
  • khazlolkhazlol Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    so is there like a list of all the traits with a superior variant?
    edited September 2022
    khazlol wrote: »
    so is there like a list of all the traits with a superior variant?

Haven't seen any, but to be fair: many Boffs don't even seem to get superior versions of all their traits. At least that's my impression so far.

I just got a Xindi specifically to upgrade him - and the Impatient trait remained the same. A Fed Klingon Boff also didn't have his Warrior trait upgraded.

Superior photographic memory has the following stats:

+2% weapon damage, accuracy rating and defense rating.
    edited September 2022
    many Boffs don't even seem to get superior versions of all their traits

That's because not all traits have Superior versions, many are just one rank and that's it, those do not get upgraded because there's nothing to upgrade them to.
    I just got a Xindi specifically to upgrade him - and the Impatient trait remained the same. A Fed Klingon Boff also didn't have his Warrior trait upgraded.

According to the Wiki Impatient and Warrior do not have Superior variants.
    Superior photographic memory has the following stats:

+2% weapon damage, accuracy rating and defense rating.
    That one surprises me, I was under the impression Photographic Memory was another trait that did not have a Superior variant.
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • khazlolkhazlol Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    anyone tested if superior astrophysicist is possible on boffs?
This discussion has been closed.