test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HELIOS tug class

erstwhile63erstwhile63 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
I would like to suggest to the cryptic ship gods that they add a HELIOS tug variant to the T6 MALACHOWSKI/CLARKE class. Doesn't look like it would take much to do, the Discovery episode that had them towing the ENTERPRISE shoed them to have many of the same components as the MALACHOWSKI. Those large nacelles were great!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,761 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    It is an interesting design, and the c-store could certainly use more ships :)

The nacelles are from the Hoover, a warship approximately 50% larger than the Helios, no doubt there to enable the small Helios to tow larger ships (though a heavy battlecarrier like the Discoprise still takes two to manage it).
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,430 Arc User
    Not sure how many people here want to be tug captains, though - don't see a lot of freighters flying around, even though they're available.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    What Helios tug?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,761 Arc User
    edited November 2021
    What Helios tug?​​

You see it in a shot from DSC as two of them haul the crippled Enterprise to spacedock.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Federation_tug_(2257-2385)

The name "Helios" is never used in the show, it comes from the comics adaptation so its canonicity is a bit shaky, but the ship itself is canon.

As for who might want a freighter at least a few people, myself included, have suggested they add some fleet support freighters and Q-ship style heavily armed pirate-trap ships.
    edited November 2021
    Why does it look so much like the Repair Ship model from Armada 2?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,442 Community Moderator
    Probably because its a utilitarian design? You could probably argue that the California Class would fall under that as well.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Well, i could say is a precursor to the California Class
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
    Well, I'd hope someone does it up for A2 as a replacement for the stock model...except no one models for that game anymore - maybe it'll get some new life once it hits GoG, though, which it's apparently coming soon to, along with the first Armada.​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,442 Community Moderator
    I'm still waiting for that day. Wonder if Jetfreak is gonna get back into taking screenshots. Back when Filefront was still a thing... dude was a frickin' MASTER ARTIST. And the fact that the game could be modded so much that it didn't even LOOK like the same game due to model replacements and stuff... still blows my mind.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Well, Stellaris can claim that too - just look at the Star Trek New Horizons mod for it - or the Armada 3 mod for SOASE Rebellion.​​

#LegalizeAwoo

This discussion has been closed.