test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mirror Guardian in the Zen Store (Delayed for remaster)

2»

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Lets not go there.
    Fact of the matter is no matter what happens, someone is going to be unhappy. That's true of ANY game.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    And yet, despite his preference toward giving what "he personally wants" over what players ask for he is now apparently worshipped as a Deity om Reddit at least...
    UNvxHTN.png
    RlAtx1S.png

The hero worship has become quite laughable to be honest. I, however, tend to agree with this post on Reddit:
    MOIxCZu.png
    Hence my (downvoted) reply:
    kTU4Sse.png

Thomas seems like he's a perfectionist, like many artists are, which explains why he felt the need to remaster it before it going up for sale (the original Cryptic plan was to just put it up as-is). When it comes to the actual work itself it sounded to me like it was something Thomas was going to be doing in his spare time, and if that's the case he deserves all the praise he gets for it.

I know not everyone is always happy with his choices for the next new ship, but he seems to genuinely care about quality and sets a very high bar for what he feels things should look like before they get put in the spotlight.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Honestly I hope they also decide to give her a new trait.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,507 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Have to admit I already own this ship. I claimed it during the charity promo it originally launched with. And I've never used it.
    Its a mediocre ship with a boring layout, a throwaway trait and a console that whilst not completely useless, has better alternatives.
    There have been numerous cruisers released since, including the very similar-looking Narendra, that can do the same thing better.

However I guess there is the OMG TERRAN SKIN! element, and the fact that some feel they have to have to own literally every ship, to draw people into getting their credit cards out.

Oh yeah - and, since its not exactly a new ship, they could've sold it for Dilithium to assist the Dil issue that they don't really care about.
    Per the livestream today, the reason the blog isn't on the news page is because the release has been delayed and was not supposed to be announced yet. The GOOD news is that the reason it's been delayed is because Thomas took a look at it and said "that looks old, let me remaster it first", so we're getting a Guardian class remaster!!

tumblr_mtj2wv1UwV1s67vyfo1_250.gifv

Yeah, we can't have players flying around in ships from 2014 that look old now, can we....

I was thinking the same thing when I read it.

It’s just all about the ship Thomas personally likes. Guess he decided he likes this one.. so it gets a revamp. Good for the Guardian and the 3 players in the game that actually fly it. :lol:
    And yet, despite his preference toward giving what "he personally wants" over what players ask for he is now apparently worshipped as a Deity om Reddit at least...

The hero worship has become quite laughable to be honest. I, however, tend to agree with this post on Reddit:

What can you do? There are some people in this game, that no matter what the devs do they're there to kiss the devs shoes and praise them, just look at Som

The whole mirror event feels like a way to remaster the remastered...they get to make some slight changes to a ship and reship it, just like they did with the Clarke and the TOS Miranda.

I take it as a sign that the devs are not totally deaf to the forums (though they seem to be mostly so) and threw a bone to the people that have been asking for a mirror faction for the last year or so. Its not a faction, but they said a long time ago that new factions are not going to happen but at least it is something, and it is a decent introduction to the new story arc.
This discussion has been closed.