test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mirror Guardian in the Zen Store (Delayed for remaster)

tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
Just saw this on the Launcher (not showing on the main page yet):

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11499243

"Several years ago, we released a ship, the Mirror Guardian Cruiser, as a part of a Charity Promotion. Once that promotion ended, it became impossible to get the ship, until now. Rather than heading into the Phoenix Prize Pack or Mudd's Market, the Mirror Guardian Cruiser is becoming a standard Zen Store ship, priced at 3000 Zen, and unlocked for your entire account upon purchase. She will go live on October 7th on all platforms, and will be on sale for 20% off from October 7th at 8am PT - October 11th at 10am PT."

Update, seems to have pulled for a remaster according to
Per the livestream today, the reason the blog isn't on the news page is because the release has been delayed and was not supposed to be announced yet. The GOOD news is that the reason it's been delayed is because Thomas took a look at it and said "that looks old, let me remaster it first", so we're getting a Guardian class remaster!!

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Nice for anyone creating a Mirror defector (in their bio, since there is no faction).

The guardian is a great ship design, it's a favorite of mine from the Delta Pack.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Ok that's awesome that it will be a normal C-Store ship.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    The guardian is a great ship design, it's a favorite of mine from the Delta Pack.

It really is a great design, but being one of the very first T6 ships released it could use a remaster. I'm hoping this re-release of the Mirror version might lead to that eventually.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    3000 zen and no fleet version, too expensive, but it is a nice idea.

There's already a fleet Guardian in STO. The Mirror one was made purely for a charity drive a couple years ago, and does come with its own trait. Getting this ship will unlock the Mirror skin for the normal and fleet Guardian.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited October 2021
    the boff layout is the same on the fleet guardian?
    edited October 2021
    the boff layout is the same on the fleet guardian?

No, the Fed version has a Lt Intel seat while the Mirror version has a Lt Command seat. Since they're both only Lt seats though I don't think it makes much of a difference.
    eaY7Xxu.png
    I prefer a lt command seat, more interesting than the intel skills, but it is only a matter of taste.
    but like I said, having this ship in the c-store is a good idea.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    Nice to see it coming to the zen store! I've had this version for years and I'm happy it's becoming available for general purchase.
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    I missed out on it by a couple of minutes; they only had a set amount during the charity and my payment was flagged as possible fraud that I had to verify that it was indeed me buying, then retrying the payment. By the time I re-attempted to buy the charity bundle that included the Mirror Guardian, it was gone, and I could only go for the Mirror Shuttle (wonder if they'll add that back too).

All that said, here's to hoping they do a quick Fleet version with a slight HD model pass (which would also conveniently help out the other variants), and maybe also give it a slight update to match later T6 ships that have since released in the C-Store.
    I missed out on it by a couple of minutes; they only had a set amount during the charity and my payment was flagged as possible fraud that I had to verify that it was indeed me buying, then retrying the payment. By the time I re-attempted to buy the charity bundle that included the Mirror Guardian, it was gone, and I could only go for the Mirror Shuttle (wonder if they'll add that back too).

All that said, here's to hoping they do a quick Fleet version with a slight HD model pass (which would also conveniently help out the other variants), and maybe also give it a slight update to match later T6 ships that have since released in the C-Store.

FYI, the wiki says you can use the mirror skin on the Fed fleet version if you own the mirror Guardian: https://sto.fandom.com/wiki/Fleet_Guardian_Cruiser

If you don't own the Fed guardian you can always use 5? fleet modules instead of 1, but a fleet mirror version would be nice.
    Per the livestream today, the reason the blog isn't on the news page is because the release has been delayed and was not supposed to be announced yet. The GOOD news is that the reason it's been delayed is because Thomas took a look at it and said "that looks old, let me remaster it first", so we're getting a Guardian class remaster!!
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2021
    tom61sto wrote: »
    Just saw this on the Launcher (not showing on the main page yet):

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11499243

"Several years ago, we released a ship, the Mirror Guardian Cruiser, as a part of a Charity Promotion. Once that promotion ended, it became impossible to get the ship, until now. Rather than heading into the Phoenix Prize Pack or Mudd's Market, the Mirror Guardian Cruiser is becoming a standard Zen Store ship, priced at 3000 Zen, and unlocked for your entire account upon purchase. She will go live on October 7th on all platforms, and will be on sale for 20% off from October 7th at 8am PT - October 11th at 10am PT."

Sadly they took down the announcement post first, made by the OP who noticed it.
    0zxlclk.png
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User

Ah, updated thread title and first post then.
    Interesting...
    edited October 2021
    because we need a remaster of this over others in the que prior?

Yes, yes we do. Some of us want this more than (insert other ship you want remastered first) and this remaster is tied to a new (to the store) ship being sold not something already there so it makes business sense too.

Your desire for (other ship remaster) isn't wrong, but Cryptic hasn't made any promises for when it would be remastered that I know of.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »

tumblr_mtj2wv1UwV1s67vyfo1_250.gifv

Yeah, we can't have players flying around in ships from 2014 that look old now, can we....

I was thinking the same thing when I read it.

It’s just all about the ship Thomas personally likes. Guess he decided he likes this one.. so it gets a revamp. Good for the Guardian and the 3 players in the game that actually fly it. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

There's already a fleet Guardian in STO. The Mirror one was made purely for a charity drive a couple years ago, and does come with its own trait. Getting this ship will unlock the Mirror skin for the normal and fleet Guardian.

I think the differences between the Mirror Guardian & the Fleet Guardian are (1) seating. The Mirror Guardian being Lt. Eng/Comm & the Fleet being Lt. Eng/Intel & if I remember correctly, could be wrong, the Mirror Guardian doesn't allow the (1) fleet ship module discount for the Fleet Guardian Cruiser. So the Mirror Guardian will be capped at (11) consoles even after applying an X-upgrade since no fleet upgrading option & paying a full T6 price unless Cryptic integrates it completely into the "Guardian" lineup. Is it still viable? Absolutely. Is it optimal if someone is just enamored with the Lt. Eng/Comm for that Mirror Guardian look? No.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    rattler2 wrote: »

It doesn't, it uses the normal Guardian trait.
    The only differences between it and the normal version are the Mirror skin and a command station instead of an intel one.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • diocletian#7546 diocletian Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited October 2021
    I will probably buy it when it is released. I like the idea Cryptic held back the release to re-master it.

Since playing STO I have developed an interest in the mirror universe theme. In the past, while I watched the mirror universe theme in the TV shows as just a casual diversion, I have taken a liking to how STO has worked with mirror universe content. Plus watching various YouTube videos on the mirror universe has increased my interest.

I made a mirror universe alt character and had him flying one of the T5 mirror heavy cruiser retrofits (Cheyenne class). I just got the Mirror Gagarin from the event and upgraded my alt character to that ship and find I like it a lot.

As a side endeavor for me, I have been collecting various mirror universe stuff in STO like all the mirror T5 lockbox ships, uniforms, weapons, etc. This project has given me an outlet to spend all my excess energy credits. So I will likely buy the mirror Guardian to add to the collection and may make another mirror themed alt character for that ship.
  • kaosbainkaosbain Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    hmm I will remove my fleet guardian from drydock and fly it for a while I think, once it's remastered. I do like it quite a bit, and it was the first t6 ships I ever owned back in the day when they did the unforgivable job of raising the tier of the ships to make us buy the same ships over again. LOL good ole days...
    edited October 2021
    because we need a remaster of this over others in the que prior?

Yes, yes we do. Some of us want this more than (insert other ship you want remastered first) and this remaster is tied to a new (to the store) ship being sold not something already there so it makes business sense too.

Your desire for (other ship remaster) isn't wrong, but Cryptic hasn't made any promises for when it would be remastered that I know of.

disagree, but you have as much a right to post your thoughts as i. so no, no we dont.

Yep, neither opinion is wrong, we want what we want :)

I wouldn't even bother to unbox a free 32nd century ship unless I could use the trait, but some people love those ships. And I'm not pining for a Nova but I'd be mildly pleased to see it released since I know it has many fans. Hopefully Cryptic will get to (your wished for ship) soon.
    It doesn't, it uses the normal Guardian trait.
    The only differences between it and the normal version are the Mirror skin and a command station instead of an intel one.

Huh... so it does according to the wiki. Was sure it had something else unique besides the seating change. I never got a hold of her so I never really paid attention. Just figured it was like the difference between the Vizier and Archon classes.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    Have to admit I already own this ship. I claimed it during the charity promo it originally launched with. And I've never used it.
    Its a mediocre ship with a boring layout, a throwaway trait and a console that whilst not completely useless, has better alternatives.
    There have been numerous cruisers released since, including the very similar-looking Narendra, that can do the same thing better.

However I guess there is the OMG TERRAN SKIN! element, and the fact that some feel they have to have to own literally every ship, to draw people into getting their credit cards out.

Oh yeah - and, since its not exactly a new ship, they could've sold it for Dilithium to assist the Dil issue that they don't really care about.

tumblr_mtj2wv1UwV1s67vyfo1_250.gifv

Yeah, we can't have players flying around in ships from 2014 that look old now, can we....

I was thinking the same thing when I read it.

It’s just all about the ship Thomas personally likes. Guess he decided he likes this one.. so it gets a revamp. Good for the Guardian and the 3 players in the game that actually fly it. :lol:
    And yet, despite his preference toward giving what "he personally wants" over what players ask for he is now apparently worshipped as a Deity om Reddit at least...

The hero worship has become quite laughable to be honest. I, however, tend to agree with this post on Reddit:

What can you do? There are some people in this game, that no matter what the devs do they're there to kiss the devs shoes and praise them, just look at Som

The whole mirror event feels like a way to remaster the remastered...they get to make some slight changes to a ship and reship it, just like they did with the Clarke and the TOS Miranda.

This discussion has been closed.