test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Back to Risa - Time for a Transcendent Summer!

Comments

• equinox976equinox976 Member Posts: 2,277 Arc User
    zzzspina01 wrote: »
    i cant see comments
    wwmvn.jpg

• chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    kayajay wrote: »
    ...but the events need a revamp. If you're new to the game, then fine, but if you're old school...they're just tired and really quite boring.

I disagree. I have done the QWW every year since it launched, and I still enjoy it very much. The Summer event I missed the first few years, but I have attended 4 of the last 5, and it still delights me. The Biathlon and the Hoverboard race are my special favorites. I love flying around!

• garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Whilst I do like this event I am also perennially disappointed by the lack of new swim/beach wear in favour of recoloured Baseball outfits.

I am perennially disappointed that my male Reman cannot go shirtless when wearing a swimsuit.
  • zzzspina01zzzspina01 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    I don't know why. But i like collecting Epohh. I would like to see some Risa Epohh.
    I cant brain I have the dumb
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Whilst I do like this event I am also perennially disappointed by the lack of new swim/beach wear in favour of recoloured Baseball outfits.

I am perennially disappointed that my male Reman cannot go shirtless when wearing a swimsuit.

Reman females have it worse, hasn't been fixed in forever, don't expect it to anymore.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • otherregotherreg Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Let's see. Fek'Ihri bikini would be nice. More emotes. Less baseball. Maybe a risian drone.
    Nice! More baseball and no bikini! Also, no emote! Perfect, but no.
    Post edited by otherreg on
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    otherreg wrote: »
    Let's see. Fek'Ihri bikini would be nice. More emotes. Less baseball. Maybe a risian drone.

You mean a Fek'Ihri in a bikini or a bikini based on the "outfit" worn by the fem Fek'Ihri?
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    A bikini made out of Fek'Ihri skin, obviously.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User

sounds like it would be really uncomfortable to wear.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »

sounds like it would be really uncomfortable to wear.

Yea, and it would try to kill you.

dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    please no baseball outfits please no baseball outfits please no baseball outfits

(thinking about it logically, 'unisex' outfits - like baseball, t-shirts, etc - take less work, since you just have to tweak them to the particular body. Unlike swimwear, most of which needs to be made for male/female. So if you make Three New Outfits... swimwear actually means up to six new ones...

...I'd still love to see new swimwear or upgrade/refit/quality-pass versions of the original ones.)
    kiralyn wrote: »
    please no baseball outfits please no baseball outfits please no baseball outfits

(thinking about it logically, 'unisex' outfits - like baseball, t-shirts, etc - take less work, since you just have to tweak them to the particular body. Unlike swimwear, most of which needs to be made for male/female. So if you make Three New Outfits... swimwear actually means up to six new ones...

...I'd still love to see new swimwear or upgrade/refit/quality-pass versions of the original ones.)

What you dont wanna see Jadzia in a baseball outfit??

You weirdo!
    kiralyn wrote: »
    In this day and age, I don't trust them touching existing swimwear. Last 'quality pass' involved making a top considerably larger (not bothering with pic evidence).
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,999 Arc User
    Risian ship looks sweet, can't wait to see what it looks like all-around!
    Y945Yzx.jpg
  • naomy1701naomy1701 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    why does it have to be BASEBALL TRIBBLE and T-SHIRTS... AGAIN?! ppl are sick and tired of it, it looks bad and its boring af!
    and tbh i daubt even Americans are happy about it after THREE YEARS getting the same nonsense in diff colors...
    comon, EVERYONE wants SWIMWEAR, its a frikin SUMMER FESTIVAL at a darn BEACHPLANET!!!

srsly... *sad noises*
  • exercitusprimeexercitusprime Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I don't seem to recognize those board shorts the Klingon is wearing in the T-shirts pic. Are those new? They seem Starfleet themed.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,999 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Risian ship looks sweet, can't wait to see what it looks like all-around!

It does. Not sure on the vanity shield though looks to Ferengi or natural skin of Discovery, but can't really tell until its seen in different lighting the pic for me is giving false impression. Am interested in the kit module
  • psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    I like the ship. It looks like something my characters could actually take into battle. <3
  • discojer2#5455 discojer2 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    naomy1701 wrote: »
    why does it have to be BASEBALL TRIBBLE and T-SHIRTS... AGAIN?! ppl are sick and tired of it, it looks bad and its boring af!
    and tbh i daubt even Americans are happy about it after THREE YEARS getting the same nonsense in diff colors...
    comon, EVERYONE wants SWIMWEAR, its a frikin SUMMER FESTIVAL at a darn BEACHPLANET!!!

srsly... *sad noises*

Baseball is easy to do, just re-do the textures

I don't imagine we'll ever get more swimwear. More likely some of the skimpier outfits get removed or altered.
  • fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    Least i can take a break now, this one looks like a cert to pass on.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    The problem with swimwear is that... we've basically done every variation short of multicolor variants of what we already got. There's only so many different kinds of bikinis you can do, and we pretty much covered that in the first couple years or so of Risa. Baseball is a summer sport, and we do have quite a few teams based on the pennants around the Promenade on DS9. The t-shirts are also understandable because you see them more during summer, and they are casual wear.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    disappointed by the event, always the same stuff to do, it is really boring. I'm going to park a toon for the ship and the kit module and buy lolnuts in the exchange for some old stuff (thx to the lolnuts farmers :) ) that's all.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I'm oddly looking forward to this this year. Got my new Klingon who needs to raise all the birds. It's the closest I get to the sun so it's nice to play pretend.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• wwwwoodywwwwoody Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Hopefully, they will finally have fixed it so that those who started Pavyl's hide and seek but didn't finish before the map change can actually finish now (he is invisible and not interactible). But I am not holding out hope, submitted bug reports the last few years and not even got a response.
    edited June 2021
    This years new task is called: 'Hide the Salami'.

Somewhere on Risa the Ferengi Emporium has hidden a Salami!

It could be anywhere! - Where will YOU find the Salami?

The first person to retrieve the Salami and hand it to the Ferengi Trader will be awarded with title: "Mighty Salami Hunter of Risa"

In addition to this, they will be given a transparent Swimwear Baseball suit of thier choice.

It's all true.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    eazzie wrote: »

/sigh

Well, new ship.

Nothing to spend lolwuts on, and so no reason to farm up new ones.
    Again.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,390 Arc User
    Not showing the dome covering the little forest, even as a preview? Booo!
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind some more tank tops and short shorts for my Remans, but MOAR BASSBULL STUFF it is.

Hard pass, see y'all in a few months.
This discussion has been closed.