test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Qo'Nos TFO and those who Derp it

12346»

Comments

• thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Another good run today; no issues. But this stuff is starting to bug me more and more

OzvdjIK.jpg

Sometimes it's like "what game am I even playing"? :p

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    Another good run today; no issues. But this stuff is starting to bug me more and more

OzvdjIK.jpg

No electrified anomalies, combined with several aftershock temporal anchor gravity wells and neutronic eddies?
    That's actually a tame situation you got there.

But you know, if there were toggles, they'd bring the "but then, players wouldn't know what they casted and which ships are affected" excuse. Because, clearly here, you can see what is actually happening.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User

OzvdjIK.jpg

Ah, yes, it's The Devil's Bunghole
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    I missed the information that we were supposed to have the ships shoot each other in the briefing text. Maybe it isn't even there? I haven't rechecked yet.
    And once I am in the match, I just don't notice all the voice work, unforuntately, so I only realized later what I am supposed to do. I think the idea to have the explanation during the mission is good, but it definitely should also have been in the briefing already.

What actually caught my attention though was someone briefly explaining it in the team chat. But I know not everyone is reading team chat, too.

But now that I know what I am doing, it's pretty easy. Only frustration point is when you encounter people that don't get it, ut they get repeatedly targeted by the superweapons. That's wasted time, and unfortunately I have not found a trick to reliably trigger being targeted yet.
    But I am Megawelling all the time, so everything is ultimately still manageable.

meimeitoo wrote: »
    westmetals wrote: »
    Yeah but not all of us came here after (or during) playing a dozen other full-graphics MMOs so the comparison isn't as valid as you think. (My only previous MMO was Gemstone, which is text only)

Oh and by the way (in response to your earlier comment about it) the Beacon of Kahless doesn't just blind you when enemies use it. It works on ALLIES too. Which means sometimes it's players using it (which can't be avoided)... in my opinion it's basically the TROLL BUTTON and should never have been introduced to the game, but whatever. Keep saying it doesn't blind people because YOU REFUSE TO LISTEN TO ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH YOU.

^^ So very much this!

"It works on ALLIES too." Very true. Especially highly annoying in CCA. I usually take a pilot ship, so I can timely backstep (for that brief immunity) when that ring approaches apogee. When I can't see TRIBBLE, I can't time things properly.

Beacon of Kahless should never have been introduced to the game: it's simply very bad design to come up with an ability that blinds everyone -- save for those in (trollish) denial.

The beacon is a cool idea, IMO, but it's just way too annoying. Just have it blind the player using it and no other players.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    Out of eight runs this past Saturday evening four were ten marks off a perfect score and the other four were perfect scores.

One change that could perhaps help get a message across is that players that are repeatedly targeted but fail to deliver the package would have their package detonate. Similar to an ink dye or glitter bomb device, the detonation would be harmless but would severely impede the visual aspects of their character and ship for a period of 30 minutes after exiting the TFO.

Thoughts?
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    Out of eight runs this past Saturday evening four were ten marks off a perfect score and the other four were perfect scores.

One change that could perhaps help get a message across is that players that are repeatedly targeted but fail to deliver the package would have their package detonate. Similar to an ink dye or glitter bomb device, the detonation would be harmless but would severely impede the visual aspects of their character and ship for a period of 30 minutes after exiting the TFO.

Thoughts?

Because that's what this TFO needs: more visual impediments. LOL. :P
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    > @protoneous said:
    > Thoughts?

Give everybody in team one nonsense to transport simultaneously and had out additional rewards for the first one who delivered.

The one player in team who delivers the least in sum gets no event progression for the day but may try again.

Problem solved.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The Satanus nebula!

The return to placing of progression onto the shoulders of a single player for a TFO shouldn't be a big surprise when cryptic also removed patrols from the regular mission flow due to being substandard (whatever that means) but then brought them back with a vengeance where they are both their own entity and also shoehorned into "story" missions to pad playtime and nothing done to change them other than beat 5 waves is now slaughter mindlessly for 5 minutes.
This discussion has been closed.