test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Qo'Nos TFO and those who Derp it

Comments

• szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    Honestly, my only major gripe with this Queue is how unfriendly it is to some of the bigger 'tubs' in the game. Trying to get a Vo'devwl back and forth between the ships is not an enjoyable experience - especially when there isn't a megawell in the the middle and you've got mobs spawning on both sides of each ship. The time it takes for some ships to both turn around and travel the map can exceed the time given if targeted back-to-back. (Popping evasive to turn will often not leave you with enough propulsion to cover the distance between ships.)

I missed a few markers the first day when figuring out how the mechanics work, but I do like what they're trying to bring to the table with this Queue. I do wish the mark-bearer selection was a little less chaotic. It would help some of the less agile ships have more time to prepare to move across the map if there was a bit more warning. I have a couple ships/builds/characters that just aren't compatible with the Queue because they're intentionally cumbersome battle-stations centered on the Anchored Trait and being forced to move really punishes them.

I know it's wishful thinking, but it would be nice if there was a way to cause Threatening Stance to put you at the bottom of the priority list for movement mechanics or something like that.
  • faxmachine#9639 faxmachine Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    oh so its just a small segment now? earlier you were saying it was half the playerbase

make up your mind already!
    >what is a hyperbolic statement for effect.

yeah but here is the problem: no one reading these forums has any doubt that if someone you were debating with did that exact same thing, you would come down on them like a ton of bricks and completely rip them to shreds for exaggerating. you cant even deny it, because everyone here knows its true. thats how you are!

so you cant defend doing something yourself that everyone here knows you would completely tear apart if someone else id did it when arguing against you. it doenst work both ways!
  • faxmachine#9639 faxmachine Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    yeah but here is the problem: no one reading these forums has any doubt that if someone you were debating with did that exact same thing, you would come down on them like a ton of bricks and completely rip them to shreds for exaggerating.
    No, I really wouldn't. I see people exaggerate all the time, and I don't really care.

everybody take a screenshot of this post. the next time he tries to critisize someone for 'exaggerating' post the picture!
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    “However, everyone is demonstrably not having the same issues, so it can't be the TFO, it has to be those people having issues. “
    “and even when what you say about it is demonstrably wrong. How can anyone take anything you say seriously at that point?”
    As I pointed about before @somtaawkhar What you are saying is demonstrably wrong. On top of the video footage how about these two screenshots?
    1.png
    2.png
    So take a look at this and explain to me how it’s the players fault and the giant target symbol appears around my ship with easy to see arrow and countdown timer?

Apparently according to you the reason many of us cannot see “giant” symbol and arrow with a countdown is “You have to actively be not looking at your ship to miss the giant target symbol on it, actively not be looking around your ship to miss the arrow that appears next to it,“ that is just more of your habitual lying. Which if anything like last time you will keep habitual lying about even after seeing screenshots and video. Unless you can show me the countdown and arrow in the first screenshot everything you are saying is wrong.

Interestingly when I pressed print screen to get this example the arrow and countdown timer appeared for a fraction of a second. If I tapped the print screen button fast the target and arrow flashed to the button press. So, it is there just invisible.

Also unless I am being really dense from lack of sleep take a look at the 2nd screenshot. Both the Kri and Targ are behind me. I am at the wrong ship with the red circle trying to get my bearings. Yet the arrow is pointing out to deep space the opposite direction to the correct target. Not only is the countdown half behind the UI but I have no idea where to go as everything on screen is telling me the wrong direction.

I see you ignored my post pointing out how wrong you are about bugs, what a surprise.

“If it was a problem with the TFOs themselves there would be a systemic failure of the playerbase to understand it/grasp it. Instead, most of the playerbase is able to understand them, with there being the same relatively small segment that doesn't.”
    That makes no sense as it works 95% of the time. Just because we miss the odd trigger due to bugs it doesn’t mean we fail to understand it or have a systemic failure of the player base to understand it/grasp it. Where you are going wrong is the players failing to get the triggers are not failing due to lack of understanding. They are failing due to the bugs and poor design that you don’t want to admit is real.

We do understand it, the reason we are missing the odd trigger is because the bugs are making it hard not because we fail to understand what to do.
    “Given that it tends to be the same group of people finding anything beyond Infected: The
    Conduit level design difficult, thats pretty obviously a them problem.”
    Who would that be as I don’t see any of them in here? Just more of your habitual lying. The problem here is clearly you wanting to blame and attack people instead of looking at the real problem which is the bug in the TFO.
    edited June 2021
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    As I pointed about before @somtaawkhar What you are saying is demonstrably wrong. On top of the video footage how about these two screenshots?
    Well in your first image I can clearly see the giant green circle around the dred that you need to fly too, as well as the dialog box on the left hand side(which comes with voiced audio) telling you the same information. And in the second I can clearly see the timer and the arrow next to your ship, pointing you the way you need to go.

What you have shown here is that there are multiple layers of visual and audio queues that, even if one fails, make it impossible to not know what ship you need to fly to unless you deliberately don't look at your screen, or listen to the in-game audio.

Thank you for literally just proving my point. It's almost funny how often you throw yourself under the bus in these sorts of situations.
    You seem to be missing the point. The target and arrow are missing which is what we have been saying all along. There is no target or arrow around my ship which you keep saying is really easy to see. If I wasn't looking in that direction I would have zero way to know where to go. So where is the arrow if everyone can see it? You called it gaint and impossible to miss, but I don't see it in that screen shot.

As for the 2nd screenshot yes you can clearly see the timer and the arrow only it is not working and pointing to the wrong place. It it sending me away from the correct target. Not towards the correct target. I followed the arrow and ended up in the wrong place. This is literally proving how you lie all the time to avoid looking at the truth. Following the arrow I ended up 20m+ in the wrong location.

So in typical fashion you have been given video, screenshots and you still deny that there is a bug/problem. Like I said you would lie about this and you have right away. I have 100% proven two bugs which you say are not there and its all the players.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    If you guys really want to discuss this queue.. then do it. Reply to one another and cut the boot licking sycophant out of the conversation completely. Let him reply, don’t read it.. reply to someone of value instead.

All you people are doing is empowering him to continue to troll you into argument after argument. He replies to me all the time trying the same thing.. I don’t read the reply and you shouldn’t either.

You're wasting your time.

On topic, I think the majority of us see that the visual queues do not always appear and it does cause confusion for some players. There is indisputable evidence of it all over the thread, the queue obviously needs some work. Every time I have played it in a public group it's been a bit of a mess, players are confused and it's not always their fault.

Overall, I just avoid this queue completely and do 2 patrols a day. On average that is quicker then doing one queue run because the chaos can really extend the duration. I personally haven't had any issues and the visual queues have appeared for me, but it's blindingly obvious by the proof that's been presented that it isn't always the case.
    Post edited by seaofsorrows on
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    It's funny how the same handful of people always mange to derail a thread and turn it into a pissing match.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    as well as the dialog box on the left hand side(which comes with voiced audio)

Just a bit of an aside - I've honestly never liked when they do that in many of the single-player story missions I've done the last few years - between the combat noises & paying attention to all the other TRIBBLE on the screen, I miss a lot of those story bits when they're during Big Fights. It all just blurs into the background and gets lost. I can only imagine it would be worse in a frantic TFO.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Overall, I just avoid this queue completely and do 2 patrols a day. On average that is quicker then doing one queue run because the chaos can really extend the duration. I personally haven't had any issues and the visual queues have appeared for me, but it's blindingly obvious by the proof that's been presented that it isn't always the case.

this. i do patrols now to get the daily goals met.

my issue, is that space vomit gets in the way. because my turn radius is for sheet in a few ships, i tend to stay as close as i can between the two, and even then, i dont always make it back, all the while getting hit a ton since i am so close to either ship, and being in the middle creates that space vomit vacuum where i cant always see stuffs.

so, while the tfo is/was/could be fun, i avoid it now. easier to do patrols.

I am guessing that the main reason I haven't had an issue with the visuals is because I have done the queues in larger ships. I have done it a couple times in the Styx and once in a Scimitar. The smaller ships really get lost in all the space vomit, if you were flying something like a Defiant there is no way you would see any of the visuals on your ship.. you can't see the ship at all. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • kurtronkurtron Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    It's funny how the same handful of people always mange to derail a thread and turn it into a pissing match.

To be fair, it's mostly the one person who feels they have to gatekeep by being loudly wrong
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    For fun, I ran the TFO with the biggest, widest ship I had, the Valkis and this is what I got:
    20210608152015_1.png?raw=1
    Note that I use a 1680x1050 resolution so anything at a lower screen ratio would crop the arrow and countdown even more and while in action and with the HUD on they're still visible, that's because I have no UI part there.
    And there is no chaos on screen solely because I was focusing on incoming escaping/repair ships.

And of course, you barely see the reticle itself at the center of the ship despite it being part of the Flying Pancake Trio.

Yes, the obvious thing to do would be to pull the camera away, but that'd make it the only part of the game where I'd have to do so.

As a bonus, what happens with its predecessor, the Ra'nodaire AND the UI active:
    20210608155853_1.png?raw=1
    Yes, I'm actually targeted right now.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
    edited June 2021
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Well in your first image I can clearly see the giant green circle around the dred that you need to fly too, as well as the dialog box on the left hand side(which comes with voiced audio) telling you the same information. And in the second I can clearly see the timer and the arrow next to your ship, pointing you the way you need to go.

What you have shown here is that there are multiple layers of visual and audio queues that, even if one fails, make it impossible to not know what ship you need to fly to unless you deliberately don't look at your screen, or listen to the in-game audio.

Thank you for literally just proving my point. It's almost funny how often you throw yourself under the bus in these sorts of situations.
    You seem to be missing the point. The target and arrow are missing which is what we have been saying all along. There is no target or arrow around my ship which you keep saying is really easy to see. If I wasn't looking in that direction I would have zero way to know where to go. So where is the arrow if everyone can see it? You called it gaint and impossible to miss, but I don't see it in that screen shot.

As for the 2nd screenshot yes you can clearly see the timer and the arrow only it is not working and pointing to the wrong place. It it sending me away from the correct target. Not towards the correct target. I followed the arrow and ended up in the wrong place. This is literally proving how you lie all the time to avoid looking at the truth. Following the arrow I ended up 20m+ in the wrong location.

So in typical fashion you have been given video, screenshots and you still deny that there is a bug/problem. Like I said you would lie about this and you have right away. I have 100% proven two bugs which you say are not there and its all the players.

Som will deny water is wet if a Cryptic dev said that water was not wet. He admitted that he will literally not believe what anyone else says if they are from the "wrong" people (AKA anyone who disagrees with him) and now it seems even actual video proof is not good enough. There literally is no point in even talking with him or reading anything he says.
    You are right and I should know better by now.

For the fun of it lets run though the process. I point out there is bug which is why some people are struggling, Soms denies there is a bug and its all the player’s fault. Other people point out they have the same problem, Som denies other people have a problem, a video is posted Som denies there are any videos even though everyone else can see the video clearly. I post screenshots that clearly 100% show the bugs and Som calls me a liar for posting screenshots of the bugs despite the fact everyone can see the screenshots and videos. Well Som can call me a liar as much as they like as we can all see who is really be dishonest here and its not me.

This isn’t the first time Som has ignored screenshots and videos and most likely wont be the last.
    Post edited by pottsey5g on
  • mysonne1mysonne1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    A small tip for those who may have issues with the visuals, keep flying at impulse power in the mid only and just doing figure 8's back and forth. You wont get caught up in the Science Vomit and its next to impossible to ever miss a target with not needing evasive. Im using Tal Shiar Adapted's while working on its marks and even its slow fat rear is able to do figure 8's easily without Evasive. The ones who have the issues are the ones who park and just auto attack.
    edited June 2021
    mysonne1 wrote: »
    A small tip for those who may have issues with the visuals, keep flying at impulse power in the mid only and just doing figure 8's back and forth. You wont get caught up in the Science Vomit and its next to impossible to ever miss a target with not needing evasive. Im using Tal Shiar Adapted's while working on its marks and even its slow fat rear is able to do figure 8's easily without Evasive. The ones who have the issues are the ones who park and just auto attack.
    My screenshot with the issues with the missing markers and missing arrows was not parked and auto fire was turned off along with there being no science vomit. The screenshots posted by saurializard was not parked and has the missing markers and missing arrows.
  • mysonne1mysonne1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    My screenshot with the issues with the missing markers and missing arrows was not parked and auto fire was turned off along with there being no science vomit. The screenshots posted by saurializard was not parked and has the missing markers and missing arrows.

Your issue is something completely different. Your graphics glitch is whack. The other screenshots, I can however see the arrows, green circles and timers no matter how far they zoom out. Enlarge icons FTW.
    edited June 2021

Your issue is something completely different. Your graphics glitch is whack. The other screenshots, I can however see the arrows, green circles and timers no matter how far they zoom out. Enlarge icons FTW.
    Its not a local graphic glitch on my computer. Its a known bug in the TFO that many other people have confirmed. Same for the arrow pointing to the wrong location that's not a local glitch with my computer but a TFO bug. The same graphics glitch is in some of the other screenshots. Take a look at saurializard screenshots they are the same as mine.
    edited June 2021
    Well this was a fun run. Am I missing something? As I cannot work out where I am meant to fly.

Both circles are red and the countdown arrow is pointing away from both targets. I had no choice to to guess which dread to fly to and I guessed wrong so missed it :( I didn't time the screenshot very well as I was spinning the camera looking for a green circle after I realized the arrow was wrong. No matter my position the arrow was not pointing at either dread and neither circle went green. Both where red throughout the entire countdown.

Surly this is a perfect example of why players are getting confused and not knowing what to do due to problems in the TFO. If the person in chat hadn't said fly to a dread how would I know from the in game indication I was meant to fly to a Dread and how do I tell which is the correct Dread to fly to?

3.png

This discussion has been closed.