Joystick Axes Suddenly Not Working

2»

Comments

• famplayfamplay Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Very much agree!
  • famplayfamplay Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I agree, lets keep this thread alive!!!
  • sherridan#6380 sherridan Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Agreed, lets keep this thread alive until they fix this problem!
  • rvt00rvt00 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Agreed, lets keep this thread alive until they get this problem fixed
  • chrysanthenoirchrysanthenoir Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Ambassador Kael did say last night in the FB livestream that they are working on it but he cannot give us a timeline on the fix, so that at least is a glimmer of light at the end of what may be a very long tunnel. Grateful to him for the reply to the question about the issue.
  • talyn#3391 talyn Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    So, while on a ground mission the other day, I was idly using the thumbstud on my Razer Tartarus and I'll be damned if it doesn't start manipulating my avatar. In the full 360. I'm thinking, ok...so maybe it's fixed NOW. Nope...jumped back to my ship and ... nothing. My understanding is that the game recognizes your ship and you as the same entity which is why you can't fly combat from the bridge. So...clearly the game is recognizing my Tartarus. Why not in space? With some evidently random exceptions, the game no longer recognizes any of my macros or previous keybinds. With this exception: I programmed the #20 key on the Tartarus to fire all of the macros in my powers tray at once. (for space combat) THAT key still works. I did the same thing for my powers tray on ground missions. (I have two different keymaps: Sp / Gnd) THAT programmed tray macro no longer functions. You'd think if there's a fail somewhere it would be consistent. The default keys assigned to the Tartarus for the WSAD by Razer will manipulate the ship but the thumbstud / joystick is still not functional at all. I'm losing patience here. If anything has in fact been fixed, I sure would appreciate some kind of update on what exactly I'm supposed to do to regain functionality. I would suspect there might be some sort of necessary reset of the Razer software (Synapse) and the device itself but have received nothing other than if I go to the link ARC provided for this particular ticket, it says, "SOLVED". I'm not trying to sound pissy here but I know I, and am pretty sure a LOT of people, drop a fairly significant amount of real loot into this free game and it seems pretty callous to ignore an entire sector of the community. After all, everything was working fine up until the 25 and 27 updates last month. It's not like they have to figure out how to get joysticks to work like it's new tech. I still have my Apple //e downstairs with a joystick attached.
  • magewarrior69magewarrior69 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    I very much agree!!!
    Well here we are still, a third event coming up next week and still no fix in sight, at least the summer and the coming up event have ground components, so that we not lose out on the big events reward, come on Dev's we need that joystick/gamepad fix ASAP!!!!!
  • maximus64maximus64 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Same problem here. Since the end of May a patch has somehow disabled the joystick, and nothing new since then.
    I well understand, almost 4 months now and still no fix in sight, well I do have other games that I can play but it really hurts my routine as I used to play STO almost daily, I will still try to do the Events that have a ground component available but if I lose out on the big reward because they cant be bothered to fix something they broke in the first place and even though I am a lifetime member I am "outa here"!!!!!
    Well it has been 5 months now and still no "Official" response from the Dev's and no fix for the X & Y axis issues in STO, I know for a fact that is has been mentioned several times in the LiveStream chats and each time we have been promised a fix will be coming, I for one would like to know for sure that they are or are not going to fix this issue, so that if not I can move on to a different primary game that I play daily, come on people get off the stick and lest us know!!!!!
    Thank you westmetals, I have tried the program you mention and was not happy with the results, further I should not have to use a "twitchy" work around for a game that I have been playing for almost a decade that had built in joystick functionality from the outset of the game!!!!!