test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Jovian Raider............just wow

kellmg96#5851 kellmg96 Member Posts: 858 Arc User

Not a Nova to tie in with Delta Recruit

Not even an Oberth

Not the Eisenberg class

Not even Books ship with a bundle with Grudge non com pet and idk a ground weapon or his outfit

This TRIBBLE, barely used or seen, in the SOLE Episode it was in?!?!

What are you people even doing?!
I redact NOTHING
bvpbRd1.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    *looks at what this raider does*
    DIS designers, the Confederacy of Independent Systems called, they want their Trident back.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    I really really love it when they make luckbox/promo ships I don't like. It makes me feel so much better when I don't actually want the rare things :D

That said, to those who do like it and want to get it, my only advice it don't gamble. Purchase and then sell keys or promo packs to earn the EC, then buy it on the exchange.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • thecrusaderxthecrusaderx Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    This seems like more of a CBS decision than anything. Promoting season 3 of discovery but that is my assumption.

Judging by the scavanging animation, this also seems like its based on Naussican Gurumba as well or however its spelled.
    tumblr_p7rwq2Qtxu1wsk1foo1_500.jpg

• szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    My guess is that this might be a practice ship for the moving parts of Book's ship.

That said:
    1.) It's a 'literal who' ship, and the stats are incredibly underwhelming/don't make up for it. How did this get the green flag for production when almost every other option would be more desirable/profitable? (I'd even take a Shelliak ship before this thing.)

2.) Why was this not put into the Lobi store? It doesn't 'belong' in the Infinity pack. The pack is already over-encumbered and with how underwhelming this ship is, it will be a 'dead' ship due to its scarcity and lack of interest.
    edited April 2021
    szerontzur wrote: »
    My guess is that this might be a practice ship for the moving parts of Book's ship.

That said:
    1.) It's a 'literal who' ship, and the stats are incredibly underwhelming/don't make up for it. How did this get the green flag for production when almost every other option would be more desirable/profitable? (I'd even take a Shelliak ship before this thing.)

2.) Why was this not put into the Lobi store? It doesn't 'belong' in the Infinity pack. The pack is already over-encumbered and with how underwhelming this ship is, it will be a 'dead' ship due to its scarcity and lack of interest.
    ^this.

That ship belongs in the lobi store and even then, it's really stretching it.

For info, this ship appeared in one episode just before Halloween. So 5 months ago. Plenty of time to find sources, articles, concept-arts, comments from the series' RL crew, etc.
    Here's its complete Memory Alpha article:
    Owner: Titan
    Type: Raider
    Active: 3180s
    Armament: Phasers
    Defenses: Deflector shields

The Titan raider was a class of spacecraft used by the Humans from Titan for dilithium raids on Earth in the late 32nd century.

These ships were equipped with phasers more advanced than that of the USS Discovery. These older ships were not like other raiders seen by Michael Burnham and Cleveland Booker, as they were overcrowded and straining beyond their means. One of the ships was commanded by Wen in 3189. (DIS: "People of Earth")
    plus 2 low-rez pics and THAT. IS. IT.
    #TASforSTO
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I really really love it when they make luckbox/promo ships I don't like. It makes me feel so much better when I don't actually want the rare things :D

That said, to those who do like it and want to get it, my only advice it don't gamble. Purchase and then sell keys or promo packs to earn the EC, then buy it on the exchange.

I won't gamble for it, & probably won't even buy it since prices have been inflating, but I think it looks cool sort of like a metal claw & the animation/articulation I saw of it doing it's Harvester Mode seemed cool visually.

I just don't get it though with this type of ship giving it's console passives of speed & turn-rate which it already has plenty of.

The Experimental Weapon & Starship Trait seem more interesting to me.

I'm trying to figure out what episode of season 3 it was in cause I totally don't remember it. lol

The bad thing is for this to be introduced into the game someone has to eventually gamble for it. lol
  • ragingloliragingloli Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    It's like they took the low poly model of the SC Cain from Freespace 1, slapped a generic "metal plating" texture on it, and called it a day.
    The creative bankruptcy of TRIBBLE is simply staggering.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    A tholian raider right? Oh, discovery, wouldn't know, wouldn't care. Raiders that lack at least a battle cloak aren't fun to me. This should at the very least have integrated basic cloak, being a full intel ship. Also good luck acquiring this space claw with the gamble, or the super inflated EC costs.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
    ragingloli wrote: »
    It's like they took the low poly model of the SC Cain from Freespace 1, slapped a generic "metal plating" texture on it, and called it a day.
    Wow, that takes me back..

Honestly, the first thing that came to mind for me was the Xindi Insectoid ship(especially in javelin - I mean, salvage mode).
    Xindi-Insectoid_Patrol_Ship.png
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    This should be a C store ship...why make it a lockbox except for a money grab "give me more money". There is nothing much to write about this ship. Nice console and shinies but does it become a MUST HAVE?. HARD Pass IMHO.
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
    szerontzur wrote: »
    ragingloli wrote: »
    Wow, that takes me back..

Honestly, the first thing that came to mind for me was the Xindi Insectoid ship(especially in javelin - I mean, salvage mode).
    Xindi-Insectoid_Patrol_Ship.png
    Wowowowowow!

I won't let the trusty Olaen be compared to this low-effort, spinny... thing!
    #TASforSTO

I'm trying to figure out what episode of season 3 it was in cause I totally don't remember it. lol

dis season 3 ep 3 people of earth, the only epsiode where it appeared.

Thanks, just finished rewatching that episode actually.

Compared to the Jovian/Titan Raider's appearance in the episode & based upon the few little pics I've seen for STO I think Cryptic did a nice/better job with the ship than how the ship was portrayed in the episode.

I even get how the "Harvester Mode" ties-in with the episode & the Jovians'/Titans' predicament which is a nice touch.

Stats overall seem a bit lacking, they got phasers right, the console's passives seems too redundant & wasteful (speed & turn-rate on a raider), the appearance for the ship is well done imo & I actually like the "claw" look, but not enough to try gambling & losing for it.

More for the ever-bloating of the Infinity Box, but between this new ship & the recently taken-away consoles I'd rather have the consoles back. lol
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    ...it should be hauled away AS garbage!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    Lets cool it on the bashing guys. To each their own.

As its going into the Infinity Box... you don't like it, you don't have to get it. And if it is a testbed for a transforming mechanic or something... *shrug*

It does look a bit Tholian IMO. Wouldn't be surprised if it was inspired by or based on Tholian tech.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    This should be a C store ship...why make it a lockbox except for a money grab "give me more money".
    While Cryptic has never been 100% consistent with how they release ships, there has been a very heavy over arcing system they tend to follow.
    • C-store ships are Federation, Klingon, Romulan, Cardassian, and other allied species, ships that one would expect those factions to be flying in normal TV show/movie conditions
    • Event and lockbox ships are ships that those factions wouldn't be flying in normal situations. Be they enemy faction ships, civilian ships, or rare/prototype ships.
    • R&D Promo ships are typically reserved for the most rare of ships, either enemy faction dreadnoughts, or ships like the Jellyfish or Annorax of which there is only one of.
    We know at least some of this is mandated by CBS, who don't want things like the T6 Connie, or enemy faction ships, to be regular C-store ships.

You wouldn't see this ship in the C-store for the same reason you wouldn't see the Risian ships, or the La Sirena, in the C-store. None of them are Federation/Klingon/Romulan/Cardassian ships that these factions would fly as part of their normal operations in the TV shows/movies. They are all non government/military civilian ships.

To double the issue, this is a ship from the far future, and time travel based ships, or ships from other universes, are also typically only available via non C-store means because they aren't era/prime timeline appropriate.(Valkis, Thrai, Kelvin T'laru, Sui'Mor, Tal'aura , Qul'poH, Kelvin D4X, Durgath, D9, Kelvin D7, Chargh'poH, the T5 mirror ships) to name a few.

I would be surprised if any ship from Discovery S3 or 4 ends up in the C-store, since they are all far future ships, based on pretty much every ship released in the games 11+ years thus far.

While I might have believed it before, after seeing more and more statements, I really don't think CBS has very much direction on which ships Cryptic decides to work on(other than to veto proposals). I suspect most of it comes down to whether a ship is interesting/fun to work on for the team and how much estimated demand there is.

As for deciding which ships goes where.. there isn't a system that Cryptic themselves actually follow. There was only a singular reason the Inquiry wound up as a promo ship - Greed/The people in charge taking their Ferengi roleplay too seriously. The temporal argument doesn't hold up: we have a bunch of future(and past) ships available in the C-Store due to AoY(both Fed-designed and universal/alliance). We haven't had a new Lobi ship in ages because the lobi market crashed and there is seemingly no interest in mending it(moving old lockbox ships to lobi would help fix multiple market issues).

Most of the future ships(Starfleet and Ni'var) shown in DIS3 seem to be/had been mass produced and should be available in the C-Store as a result. The only exceptions should be Discovery(with the Glenn gone, it is a unique ship), Book's Ship(custom/modified hero ship), the Viridian('boss' ship), and non-aligned ships like this raider.
  • psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Will it have a unique bridge?

548hy8brvgz31.jpg
    edited April 2021
    psymantis wrote: »
    Will it have a unique bridge?
    HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

*cough*
    Sorry, that was a laughter mixed with sadness as I just know it's gonna use THE bridge.

The default, ugliest, plainest one, the antithesis of ship prawn:
    20191204222138_1.jpg?raw=1
    #TASforSTO
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    It's an 'enemy faction' ship..

It's not particularly special.. it wasn't featured and had limited screen time..

It's a ship that most fans, even those that watch Discovery had to go and look up because it just wasn't memorable..

They did give it a cool animation and 'spiced it up' a bit..

This just screams Lobi Ship to me.

It's actually a pretty descent Lobi Ship, one that might generate some interest just because it's kind of unique (sort of) and the 'clicky' looks really cool. It's something I can see someone spending a few hundred million EC on just to fly around and enjoy.. that wouldn't be absurd. It's layout is fairly flexible and you could have some fun with this ship as a low cost option.

But a grand prize Infinity ship? Seriously?

And this is the ship that comes in parallel with the re-run of the Delta Recruits?

Has Cryptic lost their minds?
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • cryptkeeper0cryptkeeper0 Member Posts: 989 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    If it had battle cloak it would have the layout that I have been waiting for, as I really want a Intel raider with 5/1. I want to run surgical strikes 3, but most raiders are pilot. Here is to hoping we get a 5/1 intel romulan raider or klingon raider.
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    This situation in 32. century in Sol sytem reminds me The Expanse tv series and Eathers vs Belters.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    It's an 'enemy faction' ship..

It's not particularly special.. it wasn't featured and had limited screen time..

It's a ship that most fans, even those that watch Discovery had to go and look up because it just wasn't memorable..

They did give it a cool animation and 'spiced it up' a bit..

This just screams Lobi Ship to me.

It's actually a pretty descent Lobi Ship, one that might generate some interest just because it's kind of unique (sort of) and the 'clicky' looks really cool. It's something I can see someone spending a few hundred million EC on just to fly around and enjoy.. that wouldn't be absurd. It's layout is fairly flexible and you could have some fun with this ship as a low cost option.

But a grand prize Infinity ship? Seriously?

And this is the ship that comes in parallel with the re-run of the Delta Recruits?

Has Cryptic lost their minds?

Agreed on everything.
    It would be an interesting Lobi ship, but it's not an infinity box ship by any means.

And really, they had the opportunity of using the Delta Recruits to *finally* give people a ship that's been asked for for *7 YEARS* and they go with this TRIBBLE?
    Are they trying to make people even more angry and disappointed? Is that it?
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    I really don't see the point, I can't RP with this ship and none of my toons are humans.
    Yeah this would've been a good Lobi ship candidate I think, it just isn't up to par for an Infinity promo even though Cryptic is coughing-up promos lately it seems like hairballs.

But for the gambling whales do enjoy & good luck.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I am now taking bets on whether or not the ship will get stuck in Scavenger mode, with an additional bet as to how long the bug will persist.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,494 Arc User
    Definite yawner. If I ever did get one of those ship choice boxes I wouldn't even consider picking that ship.
  • astroroblaastrorobla Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    "How DARE Cryptic make an expensive ship that I PERSONALLY DON'T WANT! How DARE they???"

;)

Moving on, I must say that the ship team did an amazing job taking an asset that was barely seen on screen on Disco (why oh why don't the producers realize some of us LOVE to actually SEE THE SHIPS???) and make it into something that looks really cool and has a slick animation. Nicely done!

STO is becoming the place I actually get to see the deeply neglected ships from the TV shows... and that's a GOOD thing to me!

And even though I don't want to get one, I love that they put the future Janeway in ESD for everyone to see. Do that with all the new ships!
    Now a top-rated spotlight mission!
    STO-sig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.