test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Δ Delta Recruit event is back Δ

thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11485453
Delta Recruitment Returns!

The special Delta Recruitment event is coming back! Starting April 15th on PC and May 13th on Xbox and PS4, you can create a new Delta Recruit character. Any newly-made 2409 Starfleet character, Klingon Defense Force character, or Romulan Republic character is eligible to become a recruit for the 28 days that this event runs!

Delta Recruits gain a set of special goals in order to prepare for the Iconian War. Using a tesseract transceiver from the future, you’ll chase down information about the Iconians and complete other tasks to make sure your faction’s ready to handle the Iconians. Along the way you’ll earn great rewards, and gain special account unlocks so that your other characters are rewarded, too!

In addition, we’ve updated the Delta Recruit tasks to remove out-of-date missions and introduce new goals with new rewards. Missions that are no longer in the episode journal will no longer have Delta Recruit tasks in them, but we’ve added new tasks to the New Romulus, Dyson Sphere, and Delta Quadrant story arcs. You’ll also gain rewards from completing those mission groups. Tasks that previously gave you marks have been updated so that you can claim all of the new kinds of Reputation marks that’ve been added since the first launch of Delta Recruitment. There’s now a reward for reaching level 60, which gives you even more marks and Reputation dilithium, as well as salvage, so that you can earn more Reputation gear and re-engineer your equipment for the endgame. We’ve added new rewards for completing your faction’s Admiralty campaign, including a very special Admiralty card: The U.S.S. Voyager!

Existing Delta Recruits will be able to complete these new goals as well, and if you’ve already finished them, you can claim the rewards immediately.

Remember, to become a Delta Recruit and gain access to the rewards, you must make a new 2409 Starfleet character, a Klingon Defense Force character, or a Romulan Republic character during the event, then you must play the tutorial until you receive your special Delta Recruit tesseract transceiver device. Once you receive the device, your character is a Delta Recruit and you can complete the goals any time and claim the rewards, even after the event ends.

Delta Recruitment returns from April 15-May 13 of 2021 on PC and May 13-June 10 on consoles.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    Now I can make Fed and KDF ones, they're the only two delta recruits that I'm missing.
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    For those who did this before, is it worth it? Still not finished my KDF recruit, got burn out after I hit 65 and unlocked the multi-char traits.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    For those who did this before, is it worth it? Still not finished my KDF recruit, got burn out after I hit 65 and unlocked the multi-char traits.

Maybe for one character, though you'll miss the faction-specific minor rewards for the other two characters.

Sure if you enjoy creating alts, want to try another career, or if you don't already have a KDF and Romulan captain.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator

If you already did it on all three factions... not worth doing another. For someone who hasn't... its worth it. The faction specific objectives add rewards that can be claimed account wide, which equal to a LOT of resources available for other characters.

And just like the Klingon Recruit, You just need to have that transponder item to be counted as a recruit, and you can do the objectives at your own pace.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User

Nothing stops you from making a delta recruit and sitting on it until you want to play with it. It is the easiest recruitment as I recall, as it was the earliest. Who knows what the changes have done to it though.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I deleted my KDF Delta a long time ago so I'll make a new one, think I'm gonna go for a TOS theme with Advanced Disruptors and the Legendary D7.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Ok I actually looked at the announcement, and they actually UPDATED the Delta Recruits! We got more objectives, and existing Deltas might have new things to claim!
    blog wrote:
    Tasks that previously gave you marks have been updated so that you can claim all of the new kinds of Reputation marks that’ve been added since the first launch of Delta Recruitment. There’s now a reward for reaching level 60, which gives you even more marks and Reputation dilithium, as well as salvage, so that you can earn more Reputation gear and re-engineer your equipment for the endgame. We’ve added new rewards for completing your faction’s Admiralty campaign, including a very special Admiralty card: The U.S.S. Voyager!

Existing Delta Recruits will be able to complete these new goals as well, and if you’ve already finished them, you can claim the rewards immediately.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    ^ nice work Cryptic. I'll need to see if my existing 2 recruits need to finish anything. Updating the marks boxes is a nice touch, it makes them much more valuable.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I'm glad they updated the Delta recruit system.

Since Cardasians were released after the last roll out of the Delta Recruits had ended, I'll use this opportunity to remake the Cardasian science officer I have.
    Might do a Klingon fedrat then
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    I'd rather have a gamma recruit. Because I didn't do a Jem'hadar.
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    Very nice! I'm one of those players who started more recently, so I'll definitely be rolling 1. Maybe 3 if I feel like sitting on the others until I'm ready, I still haven't decided.
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    ..I figured they were going to do some kind of announcement AFTER the sale.

I was originally expecting it to be a Temporal Recruit, but the murmurs of it being Delta had me hold off on picking up the Andorian Kuthar. My plan for a(nother) Delta Recruit was to pick up a Romulan Pilot ship for a 'zhat vash' Romulan, but now it looks like I'll be debating if I want to unbox the Dhailkina I have in storage for them. I also wanted to make them KDF aligned, but my only remaining Delta Recruit is already a KDF.

Back to the thematic buildcraft mines I go..
  • finsches123finsches123 Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    I wonder if we are getting a new character slot. (or 3 B) )
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    Was hoping it was another AoY thing.

Also, I did the FED one when it first happened, 6 years ago. Do the other 2 sides have stuff the FED side does not get? o.o
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    This event is a huge....MEH

I'm already done years ago and WHY ever bring it back again I can't understand. Why not make a Fed, Romulan or Cardassian recruit instead. Been there and done that. More of a copy/paste event.

Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
    This event is a huge....MEH

I'm already done years ago and WHY ever bring it back again I can't understand. Why not make a Fed, Romulan or Cardassian recruit instead. Been there and done that. More of a copy/paste event.

Because someone posts here asking for it at least once a month.

I have a couple of recruits already, but anyone who started playing after May 2018 missed it.
  • kharliskharlis Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Cool. I can do that Romulan recruit this time. I neglected to notice that there were faction specific rewards until after the event was over the last time.
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    WHY ever bring it back again I can't understand.

Newer players weren't around to do it the previous times, that's why. Recruit reruns aren't for those of us who've been around forever, they're for the new people.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    Does anyone remember what the rewards were last time? The post mentions new ones, but not the old ones.
    Glad they said it now, I'll start banking exp boosts from the event
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    Finally! I've been waiting for this because I missed out on a couple of factions.
    Also, very nice for newer players that might have missed it as well - lots of resources that can be claimed account wide.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • kurtronkurtron Member Posts: 189 Arc User

I think we all were. It's actually starting to feel like we're being trolled by the devs at this point.
    Tho I'm actually excited about the added rewards, and probs gonna go thru the Delta again just for the fun of it.

• millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    I hope this means that we'll get a second (first for me) chance at the Gamma Recruit in the future. I started the game last summer, so I missed out on it. Seeing the greyed out slot at the bottom of the PlayStation Admiralty menu telling me I need to reach Level 10 Admiralties with a Gamma Recruit character makes the completionist in me sad.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    At least it is better than running Gamma yet again without Vorta available. I only have a Gamma on one account because I find trying to play a Jem'Hadar too odious to do anything much on the ground with it. I stuffed it into a vacc suit as soon as possible and only used it for space stuff since the ship is nice, (and a bit of crafting before I got actually playable characters up that far in crafting), so I have a lot of the rewards that can be done without taking the nasty thing on ground missions and I don't plan on doing any of the scenario ones with it.

Anyway, I still have a Delta or two missing from the sets since I did not have enough character slots for all three factions on both accounts the last time it was run so it would still be useful even if I wasn't an altaholic anyway. Now if they would bring back AoY next it would be perfect.

The old Delta rewards included purple equipment packs at key levels and a number of other things very useful for new players iirc, along with the usual dil, mark, and experience boost pool bonuses and whatnot.

Unfortunately, from the way it sounds they probably unlinked one of the best scenarios for the theme in the transponder: Spectres,
    where the added goal is essentially temporal research using the Dividian gate, which would in theory help with the Krenim weapon episodes later on.
    . If so, they would have done a lot better to fix the McCoy bug once and for all and put the episode back in the regular episode list as a normal skippable mission (for those who don't like Cardassians, TOS, or the best (and least annoying) puzzles in the game) since it would also be perfect to link to AoY if they ever bring that back.
    Post edited by phoenixc#0738 on
    I hope this means that we'll get a second (first for me) chance at the Gamma Recruit in the future. I started the game last summer, so I missed out on it. Seeing the greyed out slot at the bottom of the PlayStation Admiralty menu telling me I need to reach Level 10 Admiralties with a Gamma Recruit character makes the completionist in me sad.

It's been run twice on both PC and console so it will probably happen again eventually.
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    Why do we have a 2nd re-run of the Delta Recruit and none so far for the Temporal Agent?
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
    kharlis wrote: »
    Cool. I can do that Romulan recruit this time. I neglected to notice that there were faction specific rewards until after the event was over the last time.

Such as?
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    kurtron wrote: »

I think we all were. It's actually starting to feel like we're being trolled by the devs at this point.
    Tho I'm actually excited about the added rewards, and probs gonna go thru the Delta again just for the fun of it.

what new stuffs? and do each side have a different set of goodies?
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    tmassx wrote: »
    I'd rather have a gamma recruit. Because I didn't do a Jem'hadar.
    J'H is definitely worth it. In space they are still required for a few very nice J'H ships to become account-accessible. On ground, they get cloak, Ketracel boost, a J'H polaron-specific ground weapon consumable booster (unsure how effective it is). Vanguard J'H starter set is very cheap too in Z-Store when a sale is on.
    Why do we have a 2nd re-run of the Delta Recruit and none so far for the Temporal Agent?

I'm missing that on alt account somehow, and could really use the reputation equipment UR quality upgrade unlock - unless that was part of some other recruitment event.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
This discussion has been closed.