test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Recon ship Bundle #2

foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11481883

The link provides the stats.

"Beginning December 18th, two new Recon Destroyers are being made available in the C-Store on PC! These new vessels in the Dominion and Romulan ship lineage were inspired by the Federation’s Lafayette-class and the KDF’s Ketha Recon Raptor. They feature many of the technological advances seen there, combined with the unique shipbuilding advantages employed by the Dominion and Romulans, respectively. These starships will be available in both Non-Fleet and Fleet variants.

Special Introductory Pricing Discount! From 12/18 @ 8am PT - 12/22 @ 10am PT, you can get these ships for 2400 ZEN each when purchased individually, a bundle with either the Federation & Klingon or the Dominion & Romulan ships for only 3200 ZEN, or a bundle with all four ships for only 5600 ZEN! Thereafter, they will return to their normal price of 3000 ZEN individually, 4000 ZEN for either two-ship bundle, or 7000 ZEN for the four-ship bundle.

Fleet versions of each of these starships will unlock upon completing your Fleet Starbase’s Tier 4 Shipyard. The standard Fleet Module discounts apply if you have purchased the ships from the C-Store."
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    remember someone saying in other threads that threatening to withhold spending from cryptic for their incompetence with the skills invalid issue wouldn't work because cryptic would just release a new ship or put on a sale?

apparently they're getting ahead of the curve and doing BEFORE any of that happens - and it's a romulan and dominion ship to boot​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I hope they'll be able to work on other bundles that'll fill in the gaps for the Romulans and the Jem'hadar (I meant the Domionion) that were left out of the Starfleet/Klingon bundles.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Right now I'm more concerned with Cryptic taking more unnecessary hate for not doing what the KDF extremists want. And yes I am saying extremists, because not every KDF player has a nuclear meltdown whenever Cryptic so much as sneezes in anything but Klingon these days.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    I am genuinly surprised that we are seeing a new Rom/Dom ship released so soon. However, I will not be purchasing this ship, even if this new Romulan design is one of the sexiest ships I have seen. I am not purchasing this ship for two reasons:

1. This game is currently in a state that is not deserving of my financial support.
    2. I barely ever fly tac ships unless it has full MW, TO, or INT, or Pilot seating.

I am also curious as to why the New Orleans class gets a visual upgrade, but the Ketha does not. Seems odd during YoTK. A ship model revamp seems to be right up the alley of the YoTK, and I can't think of a more fitting time than now. Unless this is an indication that the Ketha will get the revamp later on as part of the legendary treatment.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    There's no indication really. The Ketha isn't actually a canon ship, whereas the New Orleans is.

My guess on the New Orleans is that it was just a good opprotunity to give her a touch up since it is also a Recon Destroyer. The Ketha is honestly pretty high quality already.

The only Raptor that may qualify for Legendary status is the Somraw. All we can do is wait and see.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Ok, they got me, i'm in love with those ships... the Romulan one more so.. i'm sold... also, i want them to release more faction ships, so i want to encourage that..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    The ships look great, seem to have good system features (though I am not the best judge of that reading it cold), and the package is actually priced within reach while the sale is on. Or would be if my monitor was not starting to go out anyway.

Normally I would take the money I was going to use on ESO to get Summerset on black Friday (I hate how the jewelry crafting is locked behind a DLC) but didn't since it was not on sale, to get this package but I will probably have to settle for getting one later at the normal price.

Anyway, they really seem to have outdone themselves this time :)
  • Options
    Anyway, they really seem to have outdone themselves this time :)

While I am very happy to see a new Romulan ship, I would not go as far as to say the devs have outdone themselves. They have simply met expectations, not exceded them.

• Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    There's no indication really. The Ketha isn't actually a canon ship, whereas the New Orleans is.

My guess on the New Orleans is that it was just a good opprotunity to give her a touch up since it is also a Recon Destroyer. The Ketha is honestly pretty high quality already.

The only Raptor that may qualify for Legendary status is the Somraw. All we can do is wait and see.

The New Orleans is the only ship i dont like in the pack! :lol: (i have the old pack, because of the Ketha)
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    I rather like the revamp of the New Orleans, looking forward to applying that. The Recon Destroyer did surprise me with what I could get out of it performance wise and has earned a place in my 'main' ship roster.

Still, kinda odd to be back-adding Rom and Jem to this pack, not seen that before. I wonder if the large number of KDF/Fed releases we got over Age of Discovery will get similar treatment.
  • Options
    tom61sto wrote: »
    Still, kinda odd to be back-adding Rom and Jem to this pack, not seen that before. I wonder if the large number of KDF/Fed releases we got over Age of Discovery will get similar treatment.
    Let's hope so! Let's also hope that the many new Fed only ships will also get KDF variants as well. I am more optimistic than I have been in years on this front.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Warbird looks so nice.

Jem destroyer am curious to see it in game first to tell what it's really like from more angles. Is it meant to be a variant of the Jem'hadar vanguard carrier's heavy attack craft? That would explain why in some angles it seems short and cut-off (to dock with the carrier). Pretty sure it'll look great from any angle too.

Surprised they didn't add a picture of the Raptor, also a great design.

Finally some ships for the other factions!!
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    Nice ships! Thanks Cryptic for some Romulan and Jem’Hadar content
  • Options
    Warbird looks so nice.

Jem destroyer am curious to see it in game first to tell what it's really like from more angles. Is it meant to be a variant of the Jem'hadar vanguard carrier's heavy attack craft? That would explain why in some angles it seems short and cut-off (to dock with the carrier). Pretty sure it'll look great from any angle too.

Surprised they didn't add a picture of the Raptor, also a great design.

Finally some ships for the other factions!!

Yeah!, i'm happy too!
  • Options
    doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,188 Arc User
    Year of the Klingon... YAY
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • Options
    edrickvellorinedrickvellorin Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    Have the first bundle, and will get this one. Though to me it seems like the Jem'Hadar ship could have used some sort of pods or something. (Kinda like the promo Jem'Hadar recon ship.) The warbird I do like. As far as the revamp of the New Orleans, I think they just modified it to use some newer Galaxy class parts and the newer materials. The Ketha as far as I know was a unique ship design and thus didn't borrow parts from anything else, and they haven't yet released a KDF Legendary Ship bundle (if they're going to) so any new materials that would be in that wouldn't be available as of yet. Haven't checked what materials the Ketha can currently use. Will have to wait and see what happens at the end of the Year of Klingon, when I suspect things will get more interesting for that faction.
  • Options
    I'll have to wait to see how they actually look before I consider purchasing the new bundle. Then hopefully I can read or hear feedback about their performance too.
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Right now I'm more concerned with Cryptic taking more unnecessary hate for not doing what the KDF extremists want. And yes I am saying extremists, because not every KDF player has a nuclear meltdown whenever Cryptic so much as sneezes in anything but Klingon these days.

This year there have been more new Romulan and Dominion ships than Klingon ships, and WAY more Fed ships. The KDF has every right to complain and no part of that is remotely extreme.
  • Options
    ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    I like the New Orleans Class design but how frustrating is it that a ship that only appeared as a wrecked hull for several seconds at Wolf 359 gets a quality pass and the Nova Class which not only appeared in 2 Voyager episodes Equinox and Endgame and plays a role in the Delta Rising Arc is still a horrible low res model?
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • Options
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I like the New Orleans Class design but how frustrating is it that a ship that only appeared as a wrecked hull for several seconds at Wolf 359 gets a quality pass and the Nova Class which not only appeared in 2 Voyager episodes Equinox and Endgame and plays a role in the Delta Rising Arc is still a horrible low res model?

The Lead ship design Dev "specifically wanted" the New Orleans. So it happened.

Well than certainly makes more sense than what the players want.
  • Options
    fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User

I am one of your so-called "KDF extremists".......

I welcome this bundle. Yes, we wan't more parity between KDF and Starfleet (such an extreme desire) however any idiot can see that even the KDF has more love than the Romulans or Dominion.

We welcome ANYTHING that isn't fed only at this point.

• Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Edit: Nevermind, just another blog error, not a surprise. Shipyard vendor shows it having the expected Enhanced Singularity Circuitry.

Can anyone who owns and flies confirm this new Rahhae Recon Warbird comes with the following ship mastery?:

Precise Weapon Systems (+Accuracy)
    Enhanced Weapon Banks (+Critical Severity)
    Devastating Weaponry (+Crit Chance)
    Enhanced Weapon Systems (+Weapon Damage)

I can't trust the blogs as whoever writes them has a very special talent for mistakes and omissions. Have they really abandoned Enhanced Singularity Circuitry for warbirds? I would understand if this were a totally new class of warbird, destroyer, aside from the Veterans-only Dinaes, except the latter still comes with enhanced singularity circuitry.
    Post edited by alcyoneserene on
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    Edit: Nevermind, just another blog error, not a surprise. Shipyard vendor shows it having the expected Enhanced Singularity Circuitry.

Can anyone who owns and flies confirm this new Rahhae Recon Warbird comes with the following ship mastery?:

Precise Weapon Systems (+Accuracy)
    Enhanced Weapon Banks (+Critical Severity)
    Devastating Weaponry (+Crit Chance)
    Enhanced Weapon Systems (+Weapon Damage)

I can't trust the blogs as whoever writes them has a very special talent for mistakes and omissions. Have they really abandoned Enhanced Singularity Circuitry for warbirds? I would understand if this were a totally new class of warbird, destroyer, aside from the Veterans-only Dinaes, except the latter still comes with enhanced singularity circuitry.

Wow that is interesting to know to confirm or deny, Singularitys make good use of that since they're a bit more power-deprived.
This discussion has been closed.